PDA

View Full Version : NBA: White American players..

Malik Hairston
04-07-2015, 03:41 AM
What has happened to all the White American players, tbh?

In the mid-80s, around 25% of the players in the league were White Americans..the decline began in the 90s, but the fall wasn't too severe..

According to an article I read yesterday, only 9.9% of the players in the league are White Americans, at the moment..

What happened?

King Emmanuel
04-07-2015, 03:52 AM
http://static01.nyt.com/images/2015/02/20/sports/21BOLweb4/21BOLweb4-articleLarge.jpg

aspiring (and failing) 19 year old white basketball players: man it was all good in high school:cry

Raven
04-07-2015, 04:00 AM
teams understood that the euro players are smarter, so they only need americans for monkeyballing

Tuddy
04-07-2015, 04:23 AM
Not fundamental enough to offset the lack of athleticism. Modern game has magnified this.

midnightpulp
04-07-2015, 04:52 AM
Similar to what happened to African-American players in baseball, I suppose. African-Americans are now more inclined to gravitate toward football and basketball, while White Americans typically gravitate more toward baseball, football (Quarterback position), hockey (in the colder states) and maybe povertyball now.

Infinite_limit
04-07-2015, 01:54 PM
White kids have hoops on their driveway. Stay at home mommy driving them to gym

Black kids spend more time with a ball in their hands without scoring.

This is why there are so few White guards. Black guards are facing superior quickness growing up, in the hood.

BatManu20
04-07-2015, 01:56 PM
4 words: Fast twitch muscle fibers.

apalisoc_9
04-07-2015, 02:27 PM
Outside of Korver and Love..I can't seem to think of any decent white american player.

It's either black or a euro.

Mikeanaro
04-07-2015, 02:32 PM
They suck I guess, you have euros which are white mostly.

Trill Clinton
04-07-2015, 02:38 PM
good question.

apalisoc_9
04-07-2015, 02:40 PM
i don't know how much of a factor athletic ability is because the league has enough white euros/international players.

Infinite_limit
04-07-2015, 02:41 PM
Could it be that White Americans have diluted genes compared to their European counterparts? Most of the top Big Men in the College game this season were Europeans born overseas or first generation Americans.

We are witnessing the same dilution occur in the American Black community (Olympics)

Trill Clinton
04-07-2015, 02:45 PM
i think maybe AAU has something to do with it. it can get discouraging for a white child who is dominating his white peers all year to get his shit pushed in by some inner city niggas in summer AAU tourney's. it can kill a kids confidence and make him question this basketball shit.

Infinite_limit
04-07-2015, 02:49 PM
i think maybe AAU has something to do with it. it can get discouraging for a white child who is dominating his white peers all year to get his shit pushed in by some inner city niggas in summer AAU tourney's. it can kill a kids confidence and make him question this basketball shit.
Basketball is the most racist sport in the USA. You think black teammates will allow a white guy to dominate the show in an AAU game?

Coaches aren't labeled saviors when they help a middle class White child excel

Infinite_limit
04-07-2015, 02:54 PM
ALSO

black players are more driven than their white american counterparts

Black player: if I don't make the NBA I will end up in jail or grave
White player: if I don't make the NBA I will use my 4-year degree to buy home and raise family

Most of these White European players are from tougher upbringings than the White Americans. If they fail, they will end up returning home drinking themselves to death

Trill Clinton
04-07-2015, 03:01 PM
Basketball is the most racist sport in the USA. You think black teammates will allow a white guy to dominate the show in an AAU game?

Black coaches aren't labeled saviors when they help a middle class White child excel

i disagree about basketball being racist. its not about the black kids allowing anything. its all boils down to skill. if the white kid has the skills to impose his will, then there is nothing anybody can do. white guys who can hoop and are great at it, get a lot of respect from their black peers. i wonder if its the same way for black hockey or black tennis players.

Larry Bird "“As far as playing, I didn't care who guarded me - red, yellow, black. I just didn't want a white guy guarding me, because it's disrespect to my game.”

i don't know what you're getting at about black coaches not being saviors when they help white kids excel. do you have some examples?

Trill Clinton
04-07-2015, 03:06 PM
ALSO

White player: if I don't make the NBA I will use my 4-year degree to buy home and raise family

Most of these White European players are from tougher upbringings than the White Americans. If they fail, they will end up returning home drinking themselves to death

there is some truth to this as well

Infinite_limit
04-07-2015, 03:08 PM
i disagree about basketball being racist. its not about the black kids allowing anything. its all boils down to skill. if the white kid has the skills to impose his will, then there is nothing anybody can do. white guys who can hoop and are great at it, get a lot of respect from their black peers. i wonder if its the same way for black hockey or black tennis players.

Larry Bird "“As far as playing, I didn't care who guarded me - red, yellow, black. I just didn't want a white guy guarding me, because it's disrespect to my game.”

i don't know what you're getting at about black coaches not being saviors when they help white kids excel. do you have some examples?
Coaches decide who plays and who gets the ball/takes the shots

Same as when Blacks were discouraged from being QBs in the past.

Coach is far less likely to allow an athletically freakish tall guard go thru the lumps if he's White. He'll shift him to SF. But a black kid, he'll roll the dice because he might be the next James/Magic

Killakobe81
04-07-2015, 03:08 PM
I just wanna see if Kaminsky can excell this is the POTY, had a great tourney but can he succeed where plenty have failed? I hope he does I think it would be great for a really good white player to compete at the same level they did in college in the pros ...

Trill Clinton
04-07-2015, 03:13 PM
Coaches decide who plays and who gets the ball/takes the shots

Same as when Blacks were discouraged from being QBs in the past.

Coach is far less likely to allow an athletically freakish tall guard go thru the lumps if he's White. He'll shift him to SF. But a black kid, he'll roll the dice because he might be the next James/Magic

disagree, fam.

black coaches don't play favorites like white coaches do. lately, we've seen white football coaches being better at putting their best athletes out there regardless of race so i do acknowledge that. i need some examples of white players who were good being overlooked in favor of a scrub black players.

Trill Clinton
04-07-2015, 03:13 PM
I just wanna see if Kaminsky can excell this is the POTY, had a great tourney but can he succeed where plenty have failed? I hope he does I think it would be great for a really good white player to compete at the same level they did in college in the pros ...

kamisky is matt bonner, cherokee parks status in the leauge

Infinite_limit
04-07-2015, 03:14 PM
ESPN today compared him to backup PF. Supposedly spoke to 5 NBA GMs and they came up with.....

Sam Dekker = Kyle Singler
Justise Winslow = Kawhi Leonard
Jahlil Okafor = Al Jefferson

Infinite_limit
04-07-2015, 03:16 PM
disagree, fam.

black coaches don't play favorites like white coaches do. lately, we've seen white football coaches being better at putting their best athletes out there regardless of race so i do acknowledge that. i need some examples of white players who were good being overlooked in favor of a scrub black players.
I agree. I think White players are more likely to be pigeon toed into certain positions: SF/C which ends up stunting their growth.

Trill Clinton
04-07-2015, 03:22 PM
I agree. I think White players are more likely to be pigeon toed into certain positions: SF/C which ends up stunting their growth.

what white, tall guards with ballhandling skills and nba potential have you seen moved to the sf/c positions?

spurraider21
04-07-2015, 03:28 PM
there is some truth to this as well
Yeah, maybe not as bluntly as he put it, but there is an element of pro sports being "a way out" for black kids. They mistakenly (imo) don't view a traditional University education as a viable option. They also play more basketball at an early age as opposed to white kids at baseball/lacrosse camps and shit

Infinite_limit
04-07-2015, 03:29 PM
what white, tall guards with ballhandling skills and nba potential have you seen moved to the sf/c positions?
This would occur at a young age. I can't firmly state any examples so I'll move on.

midnightpulp
04-07-2015, 03:56 PM
Again, it's the interest level. Basketball is usually a white American kid's 3rd or 4th sport after baseball, football, and povertyball, which is growing in popularity among suburban white kids.

Koolaid_Man
04-07-2015, 04:21 PM
Again, it's the interest level. Basketball is usually a white American kid's 3rd or 4th sport after baseball, football, and povertyball, which is growing in popularity among suburban white kids.

We'd curbstomp your ass in anything we compete in...even being a fat fuck lazy couch potato like you are....Barry Bonds was the greatest baseball player, followed by Hank Aaron, Ken Griffey Jr...and Willie Mays....there's not a white record in any sport we can't have if we wanted it....including on the women's side....

Now math you might get us....but all in all yall were made to be cucked....pay them fucking bills while we fuck em good for you

Koolaid_Man
04-07-2015, 04:22 PM
Trill getting in that ass today.m..shutting they asses up . Lol

Killakobe81
04-07-2015, 04:23 PM
kamisky is matt bonner, cherokee parks status in the leauge

Handles the ball better than both ...

Infinite_limit
04-07-2015, 04:25 PM
Are you guys seeing all this hate towards Grayson Allen? This reeks of racism.

Rolling Stones magazine:

"Here are a couple of things I learned about Grayson Allen by perusing his bio on the Duke basketball website: He graduated cum laude (of course he did) from something called the Providence School, a place that defines itself on its own website as not just Christian, but "boldly Christian," in case you enjoy your Bible study with a side of audaciousness.

Watching a white player excel in a predominately black sport and throw in the religious factor. Players of Grayson's skin color are not supposed to be flying thru the sky. How dare he steal the position from an inner city kid who doesn't know his parents and battled gang influence. Well, Grayson must have had it easy.

Killakobe81
04-07-2015, 04:27 PM
ESPN today compared him to backup PF. Supposedly spoke to 5 NBA GMs and they came up with.....

Sam Dekker = Kyle Singler
Justise Winslow = Kawhi Leonard
Jahlil Okafor = Al Jefferson

I really like Winslow but KL is probably his ceiling most likely he is very poor man's version (of Kiwi) or most likely a rich man's Danny Green.

lefty
04-07-2015, 04:34 PM
Not fundamental enough to offset the lack of athleticism. Modern game has magnified this.

Malik Hairston

Slutter McGee
04-07-2015, 06:16 PM
Now math you might get us....but all in all yall were made to be cucked....pay them fucking bills while we fuck em good for you

I was looking at the greatest math geniuses ever. Funny thing. None of them looked half black. Though to be fair there are some fully black economic geniuses....and they are all conservative.

Slutter McGee

CitizenDwayne
04-07-2015, 06:22 PM
- Kaminsky won't do shit; a taller version of Darius Songaila

- Winslow is a blue-collar guy, so he'll have a place in the league. Whether he reaches Leonard/Marion level or not remains to be seen, but he'll be fine

- Okafor doesn't really seem to have the shooting ability of Jefferson, but he does have a lot to offer. If he can learn to defend, he'll be a stud.

- Towns will be exceptional, though I see him getting called for a lot of charges and travels early on. Once he learns his own strength and improves his interior footwork, he'll be a beast.

benstanfield
04-07-2015, 08:54 PM
Plenty of good white players tbh

Steph Curry
Danny Green
Blake Griffin
Deron Williams
Joakim Noah
Klay Thompson
Kevin Martin

That's a championship rotation of white players tbh

04-08-2015, 12:01 AM
Could it be that White Americans have diluted genes compared to their European counterparts? Most of the top Big Men in the College game this season were Europeans born overseas or first generation Americans.

We are witnessing the same dilution occur in the American Black community (Olympics)

ALSO

:lol

100%duncan
04-08-2015, 12:19 AM
He has scrub written all over him

spurraider21
04-08-2015, 12:21 AM
ryan kelly tho

cd021
04-08-2015, 02:57 AM
Outside of Korver and Love..I can't seem to think of any decent white american player.

Ryan Anderson & J.J. Reddick.

apalisoc_9
04-08-2015, 03:06 AM
Ryan Anderson & J.J. Reddick.

Anderson is garbage..

Reddick is a decent role player I guess.

But that' not even 5 players...

MI21
04-08-2015, 03:14 AM
Gordon Hayward is ok, albeit overpaid...

spurraider21
04-08-2015, 03:41 AM
Gordon Hayward is ok, albeit overpaid...
he's more than ok, he's a really good player. but yeah, not max

SpursIndonesia
04-08-2015, 04:22 AM
Chandler Portions, he's not bad.

Mal
04-08-2015, 05:27 AM
American white 7ft`s are so fucking bad, european at least can shoot mid range jumper. I think it`s about american way of developing players. When black players have access to professional trainers, starting at college level, the diffrence in muscle mass starts to widen. White guys cant keep up with it. I dont think there is a nba american white player, who is in the league only basing on his athletism or one not being 7ft or having 3pt range.

Killakobe81
04-08-2015, 07:24 AM
Are you guys seeing all this hate towards Grayson Allen? This reeks of racism.

Rolling Stones magazine:

Watching a white player excel in a predominately black sport and throw in the religious factor. Players of Grayson's skin color are not supposed to be flying thru the sky. How dare he steal the position from an inner city kid who doesn't know his parents and battled gang influence. Well, Grayson must have had it easy.

Not sure about writer's bent but allen played hard anytime I saw him get extended burn. One of the stereo-types even mentioned in here is that inner-city kids "want it more" because they have little else to fall back on and I have seen that on the AAU level to a certain degree. But white players can overcome the outliers and stereo-types and there wasnt a black player in the tournament that went after it like allen ... the dive he made to the corner in the title game when he and a black team-mate (cook?) dove after a ball even though they were at the end of the raised court. I was impressed by his hops but his drive is what I liked most. If given a more prominent role would love to see if he could be a star for Duke or if he is just a JJ barea type spark dude ...

I guess what I am saying I hate when white dudes are dismissed because of color because DIrk, Bird, Mullin, Nash stockton etc were pure ballers and being white had nothing to do with anything. Game recognizes game. That being said Kaminsky, Dekker, allen etc will have to prove they belong same as a black CEO when you are not the norm you have to to be on the top of your game to shut the doubters ...that is just life.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
04-08-2015, 10:10 AM

Hayward anyone????

And Pop said it best (paraphrasing), "Int'l players are taught to play system basketball at a young, are more discipline, and put team first."

White American men have a sense of entitlement. That is why the best White American Basketball player ever use to sleep under a bridge in High School. He appreciated every moment he stepped out on that court. Who I think is the 2nd best white player ever, Pistol Pete, came from a poor steel mining working family.

You see a lot of these White College BB players who think they are better that what they are, which is why they will never develop to be an NBA caliber player. Black men are naturally more athletic, that's a scientific fact. But the reason why they don't win in Int'l Football, it because they don't have the discipline like teams from Germany and Italy have. Europeans live and breath football and put every ounce of their energy to becoming better players.

In BB, these black guys come from poor families most of the time and they love basketball with a passion. Just look at Kawhi, his father washed car's for a living. Not looking down on him whatsoever, but these guys want to escape that life and put all their effort into becoming better BB players. White guys, not so much when you had it good all your life, especially here in America.

Trill Clinton
04-08-2015, 10:19 AM
Kawhi's father was a businessman who owned his own car wash.

apalisoc_9
04-08-2015, 10:24 AM
Hayward anyone????

And Pop said it best (paraphrasing), "Int'l players are taught to play system basketball at a young, are more discipline, and put team first."

White American men have a sense of entitlement. That is why the best White American Basketball player ever use to sleep under a bridge in High School. He appreciated every moment he stepped out on that court. Who I think is the 2nd best white player ever, Pistol Pete, came from a poor steel mining working family.

You see a lot of these White College BB players who think they are better that what they are, which is why they will never develop to be an NBA caliber player. Black men are naturally more athletic, that's a scientific fact. But the reason why they don't win in Int'l Football, it because they don't have the discipline like teams from Germany and Italy have. Europeans live and breath football and put every ounce of their energy to becoming better players.

In BB, these black guys come from poor families most of the time and they love basketball with a passion. Just look at Kawhi, his father washed car's for a living. Not looking down on him whatsoever, but these guys want to escape that life and put all their effort into becoming better BB players. White guys, not so much when you had it good all your life, especially here in America.

Kawhi was actually raised in a middle income family. his dad was a businessman, not just a car washer..:lol

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
04-08-2015, 10:27 AM
Kawhi's father was a businessman who owned his own car wash.

I know he owned his own car wash, but in a bad neighborhood. And you know how he died. He took one last car wash, which he was the one washing the car, when it was closing time and he should have left to join his son for his BB game. He got shot in the process.

Even Kawhi said, it was that hard-working mentality his father instill in him is why he is the player and man today. That was the one thing Kawhi said he always admired about his father.

So no, he wasn't a suit and tie guy or even a guy who owned and ran a chain of car washes. He was a guy that owned his own car wash and washed a lot of those cars himself for a living. I respect any man that puts in a hard honest day's work to feed and better his family no matter his station.

apalisoc_9
04-08-2015, 10:31 AM
I know he owned his own car wash, but in a bad neighborhood. And you know how he died. He took one last car wash, which he was the one washing the car, when it was closing time and he should have left to join his son for his BB game. He got shot in the process.

Even Kawhi said, it was that hard-working mentality his father instill in him is why he is the player and man today. That was the one thing Kawhi said he always admired about his father.

So no, he wasn't a suit and tie guy over even a guy who owned and ran a chain of car washes. He was a guy that owned his own car wash and washed a lot of those cars himself for a living. I respect any man that puts in a hard honest day's work to feed and better his family no matter his station.

So bexause his line of work was not suit and tie that's suppose to mean Basketball was the only way out of kawhi in terms of financial success.?

This is by far one of dumbest mentality I have read in ST.

you either make good money or you don't...According to News, his dad was making good cash...The same way some successful small business owners made good cash.

Newsflash, you don't need a suit and tie to be making OK enough money to live decently...Some of the maintenance business owners here make about 60k a year and they too have to do maintenance every now then..

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
04-08-2015, 10:51 AM
So bexause his line of work was not suit and tie that's suppose to mean Basketball was the only way out of kawhi in terms of financial success.?

This is by far one of dumbest mentality I have read in ST.

you either make good money or you don't...According to News, his dad was making good cash...The same way some successful small business owners made good cash.

Newsflash, you don't need a suit and tie to be making OK enough money to live decently...Some of the maintenance business owners here make about 60k a year and they too have to do maintenance every now then..

No, and obvious you can read between the lines. When your dad has money and just gives you stuff your whole life, you tend not to be appreciative.

60k is hardly nothing in Southern California. It's not like Kawhi was rich. He came from a HARD WORKING family where they appreciate what was given to them. You miss the underlying gist. Its not being destitute that makes you a great BB player, it the values and character that are instilled in one's self to want to better their station.

His father would work 12-14 hours a day. I make much more than 60K working much less. Kawhi, in his college interviews, alway noted how hard his father would work. But when daddy has a cushioned executive job making 3-5x times that, and you are afforded much more early in life, you aren't going to be instilled with character.

Just look at Durant and his MVP speech. His story is what a lot of Black NBA players go through. It's not stupid, it human nature for people to want to better their station, which is why Kawhi's father worked so hard. This nation was founded on that very concept and in just a 150 years or so of existence became the greatest nation on this earth.

But when you got it good too young, you don't have the same drive as someone who hasn't. Kawhi probably had a decent living, but he witnessed a father working extremely hard to provide him that living, which in turn made him appreciate and put that same effort in his endeavors.

White American Men, which I agree with Infinite, for the most part have an easy life since childhood. Majority of professional positions in this country are occupied by White American men, that is a fact. And from my own experience, most of them don't have the drive that people from hardworking families have.

Look at Colt McCoy. Had his dad, seriously, his dad call an NFL team about his treatment. Like I said, a sense of entitlement instead going out there and putting the effort in and taking it.

And the OP said baseball is mostly white American players. Yeah, from redneck players too from the South and other places. Guys from hard working family as well. That why poor countries like Dominican republic and such have so many great baseball player as well. Sports is an avenue for many of these people to better their station.

elbamba
04-08-2015, 04:25 PM

Gordon Hayward and Chandler Parsons are good. JJ Reddick has been scoring like crazy lately. Hinrich, Hawes, Kaman, and Hansbrough are no all-stars but they are serviceable players.

DMC
04-08-2015, 08:53 PM
White kids don't aspire to become NBA players. You don't have every white kid in the neighborhood hanging out at the courts, playing from morning till 10pm to keep from dealing with home life. Every black boy in the US wants to be an NBA player, all of them.

On that note, I haven't seen a lot of black heart surgeons or astronauts. They exist, but not many of them.

m>s
04-08-2015, 09:07 PM
Started to say splitter but I forgot about it being strictly american wgite players. What about kevin love, Ryan Andersen, David lee etc

Clipper Nation
04-08-2015, 09:10 PM
Hinrich, Hawes, Kaman, and Hansbrough are no all-stars but they are serviceable players.

:lol WTF? Hawes is one of the worst players in the league. Don't be fooled by the stats he put up on awful teams with zero pressure to produce.

m>s
04-08-2015, 09:14 PM
Dumb to make american whites a specific category, how many Nigerian blacks are there in the nba anyway? I guess the reason america produce less white players is because of poor racial hygiene

>america
>white

Stalin
04-08-2015, 09:58 PM
Dumb to make american whites a specific category, how many Nigerian blacks are there in the nba anyway? I guess the reason america produce less white players is because of poor racial hygiene

>america
>white

:lol

Malik Hairston
04-08-2015, 10:00 PM
:lol this thread isn't about taking shots at Whites, relax..It's a serious question..

Same thing can be asked about Baseball and Blacks..

Malik Hairston
05-17-2015, 04:54 PM
:lmao JJ Redick, Kyle Korver, David Lee

:lmao the 90s full of White Americans