PDA

View Full Version : Unfair ticketing practices around Ferguson

TheSanityAnnex
04-07-2015, 10:53 AM
:lol Mike Brown's attorney defending the practice and prosecuting offenders after saying it was these practices that led to the Mike Brown incident

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/06/st-louis-county-municipal-court-reform-pine-lawn-_n_6627426.html

Many believe that aggressive ticketing by small municipalities played a significant role in the anger aimed at police officers in the wake of the shooting of Michael Brown in nearby Ferguson in August. But Anthony Gray, the attorney for Brown’s family, serves as the part-time prosecutor in Pine Lawn and stuck up for its system of court fines. He has served (http://www.kmov.com/news/investigates/Attorney-for-Michael-Browns-family-was-also-head-of-troubled-police-department-290378321.html) as the tiny city’s equivalent of a police chief since 2014, and defended (http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/protesters-demand-change-at-pine-lawn-police-department-and-court/article_b4b506a0-5303-5d70-bef5-c20400c21d39.html) Pine Lawn’s approach in an interview with a St. Louis Post-Dispatch reporter on Thursday night. “It’s not like we’re pulling over people who were not violating the law,” he told the outlet.

spurraider21
04-07-2015, 11:06 AM
2 guys walking on the street and the cops said get off the street instead of writing a citation. where i'm from, thats what the nice cops do :lol

CosmicCowboy
04-07-2015, 02:09 PM
2 guys walking on the street and the cops said get off the street instead of writing a citation. where i'm from, thats what the nice cops do :lol

racist!

he would have probably let white guys continue to block traffic by walking down the middle of the street.

boutons_deux
04-07-2015, 02:40 PM
Ferguson an apartheid police state: 21,000 residents have a staggering 16,000 open arrest warrants (http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/03/16/1371220/-Ferguson-an-Apartheid-Police-State-21-000-residents-w-a-staggering-16-000-open-arrest-warrants)

Now that thefull DOJ report on Ferguson (http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/03/04/1368532/-The-Full-DOJ-Report-on-the-Ferguson-Police-Department-and-Municipal-Court-System) has been released, though, it's increasingly clear that the sick conflation of racism, the American profit-motive, and an abusive use of the criminal justice system were used to create a police state of historic proportions in this small Missouri town.

With just 21,000 residents, Ferguson issued a staggering 32,975 arrest warrants (http://www.npr.org/2014/08/25/343143937/in-ferguson-court-fines-and-fees-fuel-anger) for at least 16,000 different people (http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/michael-brown-shooting/u-s-finds-pattern-biased-policing-ferguson-n316586).

Not just parking tickets, Ferguson averaged 567 non-traffic related court cases per 1,000 residents (http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/03/06/us/missouri-other-cities-like-ferguson.html?_r=0)—far and away the highest of any town in the state and more than twice as much as the town with the second highest average. To put that into perspective, the city of St. Louis had 80 non-traffic court cases per 1,000 residents and that's actually above the state average for Missouri.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/03/16/1371220/-Ferguson-an-Apartheid-Police-State-21-000-residents-w-a-staggering-16-000-open-arrest-warrants

boutons_deux
04-07-2015, 02:44 PM
Black St. Louis Suburbs Hit With Ticket Blitz

zealous ticketing by a string of similar towns across the north side of St. Louis County had fed friction between the area’s largely white police departments and a growing black population.

An analysis by NBC News indicates that in recent years, Ferguson and other nearby jurisdictions have issued citations for low-level traffic and other violations at a per capita rate as much as a dozen times higher than cities in other parts of suburban St. Louis.

“If you’re driving to get to highway 70 to go to work, you drive through two to three municipalities, each of which can ticket you and make your life really difficult,” said Thomas Harvey, executive director of ArchCity Defenders, a law firm that represents low-income people in the area and recently released a report on local municipal courts.

Data from the State Attorney General’s Office also shows that per capita, black drivers in the county are 66 percent more likely to be stopped than whites, and more likely to be arrested once stopped. The result, in a section of the county where the poor black population is growing and the older white population is declining, is that much of the interaction between police and the newer residents takes place during traffic stops.

“It’s not just Ferguson, it’s this whole region,” said Harvey. “My clients say that the police officer and the judge and the prosecutor are not on their side, and they are just viewed as a source of revenue."

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/michael-brown-shooting/black-st-louis-suburbs-hit-ticket-blitz-n185061

Home of the Repug Rape Caucus (just squint real hard and flush those rape sperm away"), MO appears to be just another fucked-up racist red-state.

CosmicCowboy
04-07-2015, 02:57 PM
Them niggas need to learn how to behave...:lol

“My clients say that the police officer and the judge and the prosecutor are not on their side"

:lmao

If you are guilty they aren't SUPPOSED to be on your side...:lol

TheSanityAnnex
04-07-2015, 03:37 PM
Boutons ignores crooked black lawyer for Mike Brown family and blames whites per par.

Is the black mayor of Pine Lawn racist towards blacks?

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/pine-lawn-mayor-accused-of-more-extortion/article_3efed63a-e838-56ca-b23d-8162e416dd33.html

FuzzyLumpkins
04-07-2015, 03:52 PM
Boutons ignores crooked black lawyer for Mike Brown family and blames whites per par.

Is the black mayor of Pine Lawn racist towards blacks?

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/pine-lawn-mayor-accused-of-more-extortion/article_3efed63a-e838-56ca-b23d-8162e416dd33.html
TSA, the whitey troll defender of whites. Minority interests are all hypocrites and are to be disregarded!

TheSanityAnnex
04-07-2015, 03:56 PM
TSA (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=7640), the whitey troll defender of whites. Minority interests are all hypocrites and are to be disregarded!

FuzzyLumpkins, the faggot who can't stop following TSA around begging for attention.

boutons_deux
04-07-2015, 03:57 PM
Them niggas need to learn how to behave...:lol

If you are guilty they aren't SUPPOSED to be on your side...:lol

dear racist/cop sucker, obviously what he means is "the cops and prosecutors and courts are out to get us", and the STATS show that is exactly the case.

eg: in Wilson's trial, the prosecutor PROSECUTED Brown.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-07-2015, 03:59 PM
FuzzyLumpkins, the faggot who can't stop following TSA around begging for attention.

You are posting on the forum I post on not the other way around.

You have once again set yourself criticizing minority interests. It's a popular technique of the right to paint the opposition as hypocrites so as to discredit them. I ignored the OP but you couldn't help yourself. You're cliche, dimwit.

TheSanityAnnex
04-07-2015, 04:27 PM
You are posting on the forum I post on not the other way around.

You have once again set yourself criticizing minority interests. It's a popular technique of the right to paint the opposition as hypocrites so as to discredit them. I ignored the OP but you couldn't help yourself. You're cliche, dimwit.

:cry my internets forum is mine :cry

Of course I will point out the hypocrisy of Mike Brown's lawyer overseeing, prosecuting, and defending the unfair ticketing of black residents when he claimed the exact same thing was the cause of Mike Brown's death. He should be discredited for pulling such an egregious stunt and for lying to his community.

Quite telling you ignored the OP though.

Nbadan
04-07-2015, 10:52 PM
Of course I will point out the hypocrisy of Mike Brown's lawyer overseeing, prosecuting, and defending the unfair ticketing of black residents when he claimed the exact same thing was the cause of Mike Brown's death. He should be discredited for pulling such an egregious stunt and for lying to his community.

Mike Brown being a shady lawyer doesn't discredit the unfair ticketing practices in Ferguson .....geezz...

FuzzyLumpkins
04-07-2015, 10:57 PM
Mike Brown being a shady lawyer doesn't discredit the unfair ticketing practices in Ferguson .....geezz...

He knows that; he is just trying to troll and deflect.

Anytime there is a thread or topic about minorities/police or gun control he tries to troll the shit out of the thread or topic. He's too stupid to go sophist so he goes the middle school route.

Nbadan
04-07-2015, 11:04 PM
He knows that; he is just trying to troll and deflect.

Anytime there is a thread or topic about minorities/police or gun control he tries to troll the shit out of the thread or topic. He's too stupid to go sophist so he goes the middle school route.

Pissy little bitch IMO

TheSanityAnnex
04-08-2015, 12:38 PM

I believe you meant to say Mike Brown's lawyer? And yes, when Anthony Gray, Mike Brown' lawyer, goes in front of the public and says it was unfair ticketing practices that lead to Mike Brown's death while at the same time overseeing and profiting off of unfair ticketing practices it severely discredits him.

This is in no way a troll thread as FuzzyLumpkins claims, disregard what he says about me as his claims are false and he has repeatedly failed to bring a shred of evidence to back them up. Fuzzy is just a guy who is still butthurt over the Darren Wilson verdict even after the DOJ report came out that fully supported Wilson using deadly force. Because I supported Darren Wilson he has it in his mind that I somehow support police oppression and violence. Dude is fucked in the head.

CosmicCowboy
04-08-2015, 12:40 PM
Fuzzyboo calling anyone else a troll is hilarious. He is the ultimate ankle biting troll.

cd021
04-08-2015, 12:58 PM
I believe you meant to say Mike Brown's lawyer? And yes, when Anthony Gray, Mike Brown' lawyer, goes in front of the public and says it was unfair ticketing practices that lead to Mike Brown's death while at the same time overseeing and profiting off of unfair ticketing practices it severely discredits him.

This is in no way a troll thread as FuzzyLumpkins claims, disregard what he says about me as his claims are false and he has repeatedly failed to bring a shred of evidence to back them up. Fuzzy is just a guy who is still butthurt over the Darren Wilson verdict even after the DOJ report came out that fully supported Wilson using deadly force. Because I supported Darren Wilson he has it in his mind that I somehow support police oppression and violence. Dude is fucked in the head.

Did they? Or did they not find enough evidence to contradict his story. That's a massive difference.

"There is no evidence upon which prosecutors can rely to disprove Wilson's stated subjective belief that he feared for his safety," the Justice Department report said. "

cd021
04-08-2015, 01:12 PM
Just read article about how the city council (which is now half black) has to find a way to make up for the nearly $ 3 million dollars in revenue that the police made by writing tickets and fines.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/08/us/ferguson-election/index.html

TheSanityAnnex
04-08-2015, 02:39 PM
Did they? Or did they not find enough evidence to contradict his story. That's a massive difference.

"There is no evidence upon which prosecutors can rely to disprove Wilson's stated subjective belief that he feared for his safety," the Justice Department report said. "

I'd suggest reading the DOJ report for yourself.

boutons_deux
04-08-2015, 02:43 PM
whatever the cops say is Bible Truth, sworn to by the Blue Wall and compromised prosecutors (unless there's a video the cops haven't destroyed or turned off)

FuzzyLumpkins
04-08-2015, 03:19 PM

You cannot even articulate what the DoJ said. Not surprising but :lol the CA school system. As much as you bring it up you would think you had it memorized but you cannot take a single point form it to make your case.

TheSanityAnnex
04-08-2015, 03:45 PM
You cannot even articulate what the DoJ said. Not surprising but :lol the CA school system. As much as you bring it up you would think you had it memorized but you cannot take a single point form it to make your case.

It's 86 pages I'm not going to go through point by point of it supporting Darren Wilson's actions. In a nutshell it said Wilson was well within the law to use deadly force. You should really read section C of the report as it shits all over the witnesses who lied about Mike Brown and even has your favorite two construction workers you rambled about for months who's testimony ended up supporting Wilson more so than Brown.

TheSanityAnnex
04-08-2015, 03:46 PM
whatever the cops say is Bible Truth, sworn to by the Blue Wall and compromised prosecutors (unless there's a video the cops haven't destroyed or turned off)

Are you claiming the Holder led DOJ investigation was corrupt?

boutons_deux
04-08-2015, 03:52 PM
Are you claiming the Holder led DOJ investigation was corrupt?

no

RandomGuy
04-08-2015, 04:09 PM
:lol Mike Brown's attorney defending the practice and prosecuting offenders after saying it was these practices that led to the Mike Brown incident

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/06/st-louis-county-municipal-court-reform-pine-lawn-_n_6627426.html

Many believe that aggressive ticketing by small municipalities played a significant role in the anger aimed at police officers in the wake of the shooting of Michael Brown in nearby Ferguson in August. But Anthony Gray, the attorney for Brown’s family, serves as the part-time prosecutor in Pine Lawn and stuck up for its system of court fines. He has served (http://www.kmov.com/news/investigates/Attorney-for-Michael-Browns-family-was-also-head-of-troubled-police-department-290378321.html) as the tiny city’s equivalent of a police chief since 2014, and defended (http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/protesters-demand-change-at-pine-lawn-police-department-and-court/article_b4b506a0-5303-5d70-bef5-c20400c21d39.html) Pine Lawn’s approach in an interview with a St. Louis Post-Dispatch reporter on Thursday night. “It’s not like we’re pulling over people who were not violating the law,” he told the outlet.

Even a very cursory glance at the ferguson city budget show the municpal court brought in 4 times what it cost to run.

RandomGuy
04-08-2015, 04:23 PM
0UjpmT5noto

TheSanityAnnex
04-08-2015, 04:35 PM
Even a very cursory glance at the ferguson city budget show the municpal court brought in 4 times what it cost to run.

Agreed and it seems to be done all around the Ferguson area. Not the point of this thread though.

boutons_deux
04-08-2015, 04:43 PM
Agreed and it seems to be done all around the Ferguson area. Not the point of this thread though.

The POINT is the Ferguson's police, prosecutor, mayor, etc are totally racist, corrupt, and yes, it seems MO is one fucking shit hole near the top of the list of shit-hole red states.

MO, home of the Repug Rape Caucus, just annulled legal protections for LGBT.

TheSanityAnnex
04-08-2015, 04:56 PM
The POINT is the Ferguson's police, prosecutor, mayor, etc are totally racist, corrupt, and yes, it seems MO is one fucking shit hole near the top of the list of shit-hole red states.

MO, home of the Repug Rape Caucus, just annulled legal protections for LGBT.

The POINT of this thread is to show YOU that many of those involved in this terrible scheme are black themselves. Ignoring it won't make it untrue.

boutons_deux
04-09-2015, 05:50 AM
The POINT of this thread is to show YOU that many of those involved in this terrible scheme are black themselves. Ignoring it won't make it untrue.

How many blacks out of total on the Ferguson PD? prosecutor? mayor? city govt? probation/collection staff, etc etc. What's significant about "black themselves"?

TheSanityAnnex
04-09-2015, 12:00 PM
How many blacks out of total on the Ferguson PD? prosecutor? mayor? city govt? probation/collection staff, etc etc. What's significant about "black themselves"?

This thread isn't just about Ferguson. Do some research on the city of Pine Lawn and let me know what you find.

boutons_deux
04-09-2015, 02:07 PM
This thread isn't just about Ferguson. Do some research on the city of Pine Lawn and let me know what you find.

I bitch slap forum police before my first morning coffee

FuzzyLumpkins
04-09-2015, 02:21 PM
It's 86 pages I'm not going to go through point by point of it supporting Darren Wilson's actions. In a nutshell it said Wilson was well within the law to use deadly force. You should really read section C of the report as it shits all over the witnesses who lied about Mike Brown and even has your favorite two construction workers you rambled about for months who's testimony ended up supporting Wilson more so than Brown.

You don't have to go through it point by point as he just asked a generalized question. That is the beauty of critical thinking. You identify key points and ideas. I can tell you why they came to that conclusion from the DoJ report in two sentences. If you cannot do it, by the end of the day I will help you out.

:lol CA education system. You can barely read. I literally have worked with middle schoolers with better reading skills.

:rollin 86 pages is too much to read even though its something you have argued for countless hours on a message board.

TheSanityAnnex
04-09-2015, 04:07 PM
You don't have to go through it point by point as he just asked a generalized question. That is the beauty of critical thinking. You identify key points and ideas. I can tell you why they came to that conclusion from the DoJ report in two sentences. If you cannot do it, by the end of the day I will help you out.

:lol CA education system. You can barely read. I literally have worked with middle schoolers with better reading skills.

:rollin 86 pages is too much to read even though its something you have argued for countless hours on a message board.

Nice to see you are finally going to get around to reading the report. Let me know how many credible hands up don't shoot witnesses you come across.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-09-2015, 04:30 PM
Nice to see you are finally going to get around to reading the report. Let me know how many credible hands up don't shoot witnesses you come across.

I'm not the one making claims as to what is or is not in the report. I read it the day out came out, dimwit. I read technical work at about 40 pages an hour but that report was easy so it was closer to 60. Let's go ahead and extend my initial argument which you concede by a nonresponse:

So what are you going to go with?

a) I read the report but am unable to articulate what was said.
b) I didn't read the report and have been lying.
c) I'm just trolling and nothing I do or say matters.

I'm betting c.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-09-2015, 04:53 PM
:lol or D) google then furiously read the report.

TheSanityAnnex
04-09-2015, 05:22 PM
I'm not the one making claims as to what is or is not in the report. I read it the day out came out, dimwit. I read technical work at about 40 pages an hour but that report was easy so it was closer to 60. Let's go ahead and extend my initial argument which you concede by a nonresponse:

So what are you going to go with?

a) I read the report but am unable to articulate what was said.
b) I didn't read the report and have been lying.
c) I'm just trolling and nothing I do or say matters.

I'm betting c.

Now that you have confirmed reading the DOJ report how many credible hands up don't shoot witnesses did you come across?

FuzzyLumpkins
04-09-2015, 05:41 PM
I'm not the one making claims as to what is or is not in the report.

Day is running short. I don't think he can do it. That's just sad.

TheSanityAnnex
04-09-2015, 05:51 PM
Day is running short. I don't think he can do it. That's just sad.
Just because I do not answer the question with the answer you had in mind doesn't mean that I didn't answer your question. Stop being so asshurt that I will not allow you to dictate the terms of the discussion.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-09-2015, 06:49 PM
Just because I do not answer the question with the answer you had in mind doesn't mean that I didn't answer your question. Stop being so asshurt that I will not allow you to dictate the terms of the discussion.

Parroting dodge noted. You still called out others for not knowing what's in the DoJ report and have no response.

:lol still cannot do it.

TheSanityAnnex
04-09-2015, 07:10 PM
Parroting dodge noted. You still called out others for not knowing what's in the DoJ report and have no response.

:lol still cannot do it.
I am not here to convince you, dumbass. Like I said if someone needs clarification then I will provide more.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-09-2015, 07:46 PM

Just read article about how the city council (which is now half black) has to find a way to make up for the nearly $ 3 million dollars in revenue that the police made by writing tickets and fines.

I am not here to convince you, dumbass. Like I said if someone needs clarification then I will provide more.

Cool then we can go back to where we started then. He has shown more knowledge of the DoJ report than you have. He even quoted the DoJ report.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-09-2015, 08:50 PM
So anyway, the DoJ report said that Johnson changed his story multiple times when he was made aware of physical evidence and was unreliable while Officer Wilson's story was consistent throughout. Given nothing credible to dispute Wilson's claim including the remainder of the report, his account of fearing for his life was taken at face value.

My issue is that Wilson never filed a police report nor did he make an official statement until after he had time with attorney's and law enforcement buddies. That is precisely why I took issue with the chiefs sophistry in the initial reporting. The police bill of rights prevented fair and impartial justice from being served but you deal with what you have so it is what it is.

boutons_deux
04-10-2015, 09:10 AM
http://d35brb9zkkbdsd.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/tickets-final-final-638x391.jpg

http://d35brb9zkkbdsd.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Edmunson-letter-mayor-638x629.jpg

https://d35brb9zkkbdsd.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/warrants1-final-sidebar.png

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2015/04/10/3643582/worse-ferguson-week-st-louis-countys-egregious-night-courts/

TheSanityAnnex
04-10-2015, 12:54 PM
Cool then we can go back to where we started then. He has shown more knowledge of the DoJ report than you have. He even quoted the DoJ report.

Oh wow he quoted the DOJ report! The report he quoted answers his own fucking question. Not only did they not find enough evidence to contradict they found none.
"There is no evidence upon which prosecutors can rely to disprove"
Like I said if cd021 needs clarification then I will provide more.

Since you were so impressed with a DOJ report quote here is another.

Other witnesses who have suggested that Brown was shot with his hands up in surrender have either recanted their statements, such as Witnesses 119 and 125, provided inconsistent statements, such as Witness 124, or have provided accounts that are verifiably untrue, such as Witnesses 121, 139, and 132. Witness 122 recanted significant portions of his statement by acknowledging that he was not in a position to see what either Brown or Wilson were doing, and who falsely insisted that three police officers pursued Brown and that the shooter was heavy set (in contrast to the slimly-built Wilson). Similar to Witness 128, Witness 122 told Brown’s family that Brown had been shot execution-style. Witness 120 initially told law enforcement that he saw Brown shot at point-blank range as he was on his knees with his hands up. Similar to Witness 138, Witness 120 subsequently acknowledged that he did not see Brown get shot but "assumed" he had been executed while on his knees with his hands up based on "common sense" and what others "in the community told [him.]" There is no witness who has stated that Brown had his hands up in surrender whose statement is otherwise consistent with the physical evidence. For example, some witnesses say that Wilson only fired his weapon out of the SUV,
(e.g. Witnesses 128, 101, and 127) or that Wilson stood next to the SUV and killed Brown right there (e.g. Witnesses 139, 132, 120). Some witnesses insist that Wilson shot Brown in the back as he lay on the ground. (e.g. Witnesses 128 and 139). Some witnesses say that Wilson shot Brown and he went to the ground immediately upon turning to face Wilson. (e.g. Witnesses 138, 101, 118, and 127). Some say Wilson went to the ground with his hands raised at right angles.
(e.g. Witnesses 138, 118, and 121). Again, all of these statements are contradicted by the physical and forensic evidence, which also undermines the credibility of their accounts of other aspects of the incident, including their assertion that Brown had his hands up in a surrender position when Wilson shot him.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-10-2015, 02:21 PM
:lol it took him two days to read a 86 page report.

:rollin CA education system

TheSanityAnnex
04-10-2015, 02:30 PM
Excellent rebuttal. Dodge noted.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-10-2015, 02:50 PM
What dodge?

TSA, the whitey troll defender of whites. Minority interests are all hypocrites and are to be disregarded!

Oh you mean this dodge?

In your own words please tell me how you think your copy and paste disproves cd's statements.

:lol CA education

TheSanityAnnex
04-10-2015, 03:06 PM
The DOJ quotes were for you not cd021.

You are floundering about and not making any sense now. cd021 is talking about 2 separate issues. cd021 answered his own question regarding Wilson with the DOJ quote.

TheSanityAnnex
04-10-2015, 03:08 PM
http://d35brb9zkkbdsd.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/tickets-final-final-638x391.jpg

So the city with more blacks gets ticketed less. Cool.

TheSanityAnnex
04-11-2015, 01:52 PM

What is your reason for posting this?

FuzzyLumpkins
04-11-2015, 02:13 PM
The DOJ quotes were for you not cd021.

You are floundering about and not making any sense now. cd021 is talking about 2 separate issues. cd021 answered his own question regarding Wilson with the DOJ quote.

I just have to understand you are dumb and have trouble reading. I'll help! :)

That quote from you is you telling him to read the DoJ report. I came in after that exchange saying that you couldn't describe what it said and make a point in your own words. Sure your quote a day later was 'for me' but that was after a day of me laughing at your ignorance and poor reading skills. It took you a LONG time to come up with that final quote.

:lol CA schools

You still dodged his point by telling him to go read the DoJ report. See how it all comes together, dimwit?

TheSanityAnnex
04-11-2015, 02:25 PM
I just have to understand you are dumb and have trouble reading. I'll help! :)

That quote from you is you telling him to read the DoJ report. I came in after that exchange saying that you couldn't describe what it said and make a point in your own words. Sure your quote a day later was 'for me' but that was after a day of me laughing at your ignorance and poor reading skills. It took you a LONG time to come up with that final quote.

:lol CA schools

You still dodged his point by telling him to go read the DoJ report. See how it all comes together, dimwit?
You try so hard and still fail. cd021 didn't have a point to dodge as the quote he posted from the DOJ answered his own question.

I've discussed and quoted the DOJ report long before this thread even existed so you laughing thinking it took me until I responded to read it is poor critical thinking on display. Try harder next time I'm getting bored with our exchanges and may need to be removed from your fan club.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-11-2015, 03:39 PM
You try so hard and still fail. cd021 didn't have a point to dodge as the quote he posted from the DOJ answered his own question.

I've discussed and quoted the DOJ report long before this thread even existed so you laughing thinking it took me until I responded to read it is poor critical thinking on display. Try harder next time I'm getting bored with our exchanges and may need to be removed from your fan club.

All that and still the quote I had was of you responding to the 'question he had already answered.' That you said he should read the report in response belies your claim, dimwit. That comment was for him.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246186&p=7914260&viewfull=1#post7914260

Only fail is taking a day to find your quote in an 86 page report. You responded right from the get go after I called you out on your ignorance with more of this dissembling nonsense.

TheSanityAnnex
04-12-2015, 02:56 AM
All that and still the quote I had was of you responding to the 'question he had already answered.' That you said he should read the report in response belies your claim, dimwit. That comment was for him.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246186&p=7914260&viewfull=1#post7914260

Only fail is taking a day to find your quote in an 86 page report. You responded right from the get go after I called you out on your ignorance with more of this dissembling nonsense.
cd021's answer to his question was in what he quoted, instead of reacting like a dick and pointing that out I simply urged him to read the report. Why are you so hung up on this?

I am requesting you take TSA and the other two handles I have off of your fan club.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-12-2015, 03:31 AM
Race trolling political forums of out of state sports teams is hard work. I just want to know why anyone would want to do that.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-12-2015, 05:09 AM
:lol 'admitting' to trolling me with multiple accounts.

It's like a joke. If you have to tell them it's a joke then you have failed.

CosmicCowboy
04-12-2015, 12:43 PM
Hell...right here in our backyard for years Selma got almost 100% of it's revenue from tickets.

cd021
04-12-2015, 01:24 PM
cd021's answer to his question was in what he quoted, instead of reacting like a dick and pointing that out I simply urged him to read the report. Why are you so hung up on this?

I am requesting you take TSA and the other two handles I have off of your fan club.

I didn't answer my own question. You said the DOJ backed Wilson. The quote wasn't much of a backing. It basically said we don't have enough to counter his claims. Thats not really backing him, in my opinion.

CosmicCowboy
04-12-2015, 01:54 PM
I didn't answer my own question. You said the DOJ backed Wilson. The quote wasn't much of a backing. It basically said we don't have enough to counter his claims. Thats not really backing him, in my opinion.

:lol with even a SHRED of negative evidence Holders DOJ would have hung Wilson. They went into it with the predisposition that the cop was wrong and as hard as they tried they couldn't find ANY reliable evidence to support that premise.

Not saying there aren't bad cop shoots all the time but this one wasn't one of them.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-12-2015, 04:28 PM
:lol with even a SHRED of negative evidence Holders DOJ would have hung Wilson. They went into it with the predisposition that the cop was wrong and as hard as they tried they couldn't find ANY reliable evidence to support that premise.

Not saying there aren't bad cop shoots all the time but this one wasn't one of them.

You went into it with that expectation but there is zero evidence taht Holder or more specifically the actual agents who di dthe investigation were like that. This is better than your typical thanks Obama stupidity but not much better.

You do politics by boogeyman. When people have to dumb things down to explain things it doesn't do anything but show your limitations.

CosmicCowboy
04-12-2015, 04:31 PM
LOL impotent ankle biter.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-12-2015, 05:53 PM
LOL impotent ankle biter.

I actually addressed what you said and made direct on topic points.

1) You have no proof of the disposition of Holder or his agents leading up to the investigation.
2) Focusing on Holder is a gross oversimplification.
3) You repeatedly try to dumb things down to OBAMA! HOLDER! HILLARY! and that speaks to your political acumen that you are not able to ever do a detailed analysis.

You can call me an anklebiter, brokiller, at least one of our insults actually speaks to actual events.

CosmicCowboy
04-12-2015, 06:17 PM
The fact that you don't stay up with current events and apparently didn't hear Holders quotes going into Ferguson are on you. The US Attorney General personally flies into Ferguson and meets with the civil rights leaders instigating the riots and the Brown family was pretty symbolic of where he stood going into the investigation.

BTW, your juvenile hostility against anyone you view as conservative really is just nothing but ignorant ankle biting.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-12-2015, 08:33 PM
The fact that you don't stay up with current events and apparently didn't hear Holders quotes going into Ferguson are on you. The US Attorney General personally flies into Ferguson and meets with the civil rights leaders instigating the riots and the Brown family was pretty symbolic of where he stood going into the investigation.

BTW, your juvenile hostility against anyone you view as conservative really is just nothing but ignorant ankle biting.

Im fine with TB, snc, and Yoni. Try again.

calling someone a name and dismissing what they say on that basis like you and 'anklebiter' is an example juvenile behavior though.

And how about you quote some of these supposed Holder quotes. you have no credibility, Fox News watcher.

CosmicCowboy
04-12-2015, 08:44 PM
Im fine with TB, snc, and Yoni. Try again.

calling someone a name and dismissing what they say on that basis like you and 'anklebiter' is an example juvenile behavior though.

And how about you quote some of these supposed Holder quotes. you have no credibility, Fox News watcher.

How about you do your own research you lazy little fuck. I've already seen the press conferences. Youtube is your friend you fucking ankle biter.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-12-2015, 08:48 PM
How about you do your own research you lazy little fuck. I've already seen the press conferences. Youtube is your friend you fucking ankle biter.

Because I am not the one making the claim. You can post said youtubes or just quote him to make your point but I am supposed to make your argument for you?

You're full of shit, brokiller.

CosmicCowboy
04-12-2015, 09:14 PM
Sorry you lazy fuck. I don't jump through hoops for lazy little ankle biters like you. It's not my responsibility to educate ignorant people.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-12-2015, 10:26 PM
Sorry you lazy fuck. I don't jump through hoops for lazy little ankle biters like you. It's not my responsibility to educate ignorant people.

You certainly are riled up. If you cannot support your claim, that is okay. I will just disregard your argument as it's meaningless.

CosmicCowboy
04-12-2015, 10:57 PM

As I will disregard you for your intellectual laziness.

quite typical of loser cyber anklebiters

FuzzyLumpkins
04-12-2015, 11:07 PM
I already told you I have read the reports from the onset of the investigation throughout this entire ordeal and saw no such thing.

Do you ever tire of the blustering narcissist act? As if that is going to make anyone forget your Thanks Holder! logic.

TheSanityAnnex
04-13-2015, 12:01 PM
You certainly are riled up. If you cannot support your claim, that is okay. I will just disregard your argument as it's meaningless.

:lmao you telling someone else they have to support their claim. I'm still waiting for you support your claim of me supporting police oppression and violence.

CosmicCowboy
04-13-2015, 01:05 PM
:lmao you telling someone else they have to support their claim. I'm still waiting for you support your claim of me supporting police oppression and violence.

He just calls names and blows smoke. Classic ankle biter. Obviously has reading comprehension issues as well if he "read all the reports" and never saw a shred of initial bias when Holder landed in Ferguson. Holder goes directly to meet the dead thugs family and then gives Al Sharpton a hand job and an attaboy for stirring up racial division. no bias there...:lol

FuzzyLumpkins
04-13-2015, 03:07 PM
He just calls names and blows smoke. Classic ankle biter. Obviously has reading comprehension issues as well if he "read all the reports" and never saw a shred of initial bias when Holder landed in Ferguson. Holder goes directly to meet the dead thugs family and then gives Al Sharpton a hand job and an attaboy for stirring up racial division. no bias there...:lol

So because he meets with black leaders, he is biased. He met with police you know.

How about what was actually said around Sharpton. If it was inflammatory we both know you would post it verbatim.

boutons_deux
04-20-2015, 11:39 AM
We Are Sure Entire Missouri Town Had Good Non-Racist Reason For Quitting When Black Lady Elected Mayor

In the town of Parma, Missouri (population 713 and reportedly declining), five of the six members of the town’s police department resigned, as did several city officials, just before the town’s first black woman mayor took office (http://www.kfvs12.com/story/28801129/officers-city-officials-resign-after-new-mayor-elected) last week. Mayor Tyrus Byrd won a recent election by 37 votes (http://www.kfvs12.com/story/28801129/officers-city-officials-resign-after-new-mayor-elected)against the previous mayor, Randall Ramsey, who had served for a total of 37 years, and apparently the previous administration was just really, really loyal to Randall.

Former Mayor Ramsey told local TV (http://www.wsmv.com/story/28814016/parma-residents-react-to-loss-of-police-officers)that the officers’ resignations, as well as those of the city attorney, clerk, and the supervisor of the waste water treatment plant, were motivated by “safety concerns.” Exactly what those safety concerns were, however, remain a mystery to Mayor Byrd, since she has not actually seen the resignation letters.

It appears they were stored on the city’s computers, which were helpfully wiped clean by the outgoing City Hall office staff. Wasn’t that helpful of them, to let her start with a completely clean office like that?

Because of the missing records, Byrd said that she couldn’t comment on the resignations until she had more information. We bet that the former city officials will be more than happy to fill her in, should they ever return her phone calls. It could happen! Also, we haven’t done any research into this, but isn’t there some slight likelihood that maybe wiping city computers of personnel records just might be a crime of some sort?

http://wonkette.com/583278/we-are-sure-entire-missouri-town-had-good-non-racist-reason-for-quitting-when-black-lady-elected-mayor

boutons_deux
04-20-2015, 04:14 PM
Michael Brown memorial tree cut down in Ferguson park less than 24 hours after dedication

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/04/michael-brown-memorial-tree-cut-down-in-ferguson-park-less-than-24-hours-after-dedication/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story% 29

TheSanityAnnex
04-20-2015, 05:01 PM
Michael Brown memorial tree cut down in Ferguson park less than 24 hours after dedication

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/04/michael-brown-memorial-tree-cut-down-in-ferguson-park-less-than-24-hours-after-dedication/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story% 29

Members of the Black Library Association who gathered on Saturday said that they wanted the tree to be a “symbol of peace and comfort and hope for all who gather under its branches.”

:lol still pretending Mike Brown and the protests were peaceful. smh

Winehole23
04-21-2015, 12:27 AM
when your son gets killed by the police will you protest peacefully, TSA?

boutons_deux
04-21-2015, 05:09 AM

the community was already smouldering from years of abuse, bogus tickets, bogus arrests, money-sucking court system and private-collection vultures.

TheSanityAnnex
04-21-2015, 01:32 PM

:lol my son won't be in a position to be killed by police as he will be raised to know not to assault police officers.

TheSanityAnnex
04-22-2015, 05:50 PM
If your son was killed by police after punching a police officer and trying to take his firearm would you protest and if so for what reason?

Th'Pusher
04-22-2015, 07:45 PM
If your son was killed by police after punching a police officer and trying to take his firearm would you protest and if so for what reason?
It's called a service weapon. Show yoni some respect.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-22-2015, 11:08 PM
The issue is still LEBOR and the conflict of interest just like it always has been. Cannot change the past but it is what it is. People are still righteous being upset about that injustice.

TheSanityAnnex
04-23-2015, 10:35 AM
The issue is still LEBOR and the conflict of interest just like it always has been. Cannot change the past but it is what it is. People are still righteous being upset about that injustice.

Was the hands up don't shoot movement based on a lie yes or no?

TheSanityAnnex
04-23-2015, 10:35 AM
And get your ass back in here whinehole and answer your question.

Winehole23
04-23-2015, 11:12 AM
If your son was killed by police after punching a police officer and trying to take his firearm would you protest and if so for what reason?I didn't have a particular case in mind, and it would just depend on the circumstances.

TheSanityAnnex
04-23-2015, 11:36 AM
I didn't have a particular case in mind, and it would just depend on the circumstances.
I already gave you the circumstances. Your kid punched a police officer and tried to take his firearm and was killed by said police officer. Would you protest and if so for what reason?

Winehole23
04-23-2015, 11:41 AM
depends on what really happened.

why should I take your word for it? you weren't there either.

Winehole23
04-23-2015, 11:43 AM
if it was my kid, my investigation would begin, not end, with LEOs public statements about it.

apparently your mind comes to a full stop whenever a police department issues a press release about a police-involved shooting.

Winehole23
04-23-2015, 11:44 AM
pardon me if I don't do the same

TheSanityAnnex
04-23-2015, 11:48 AM
if it was my kid, my investigation would begin, not end, with LEOs public statements about it.

apparently your mind comes to a full stop whenever a police department issues a press release about a police-involved shooting.

The DOJ investigated your son's shooting and found no credible evidence to contradict the police officers story. Would you protest and if so for what reason?

Winehole23
04-23-2015, 12:02 PM
depends, like I said. I don't know what I'd do.

TheSanityAnnex
04-23-2015, 12:04 PM
depends, like I said. I don't know what I'd do.

Would you believe blame your son or the police officer for his death?

Winehole23
04-23-2015, 12:10 PM
asked and answered. I don't know.

Winehole23
04-23-2015, 12:16 PM
right to petition doesn't depend on whether the protestor is right or wrong. it's a basic political right.

TheSanityAnnex
04-23-2015, 12:33 PM
right to petition doesn't depend on whether the protestor is right or wrong. it's a basic political right.
True. But there is nothing wrong pointing out that those protesting are doing so based on a false narrative.

TheSanityAnnex
04-23-2015, 12:36 PM
asked and answered. I don't know.

You'd doubt the DOJ report?

Winehole23
04-23-2015, 12:39 PM
"those protesting" have moved on from Ferguson, which really wasn't an ideal vehicle for outrage about use of deadly force by the police.

there have been other shootings since.

Winehole23
04-23-2015, 12:41 PM
You'd doubt the DOJ report?they didn't like the chances in court. it wasn't a clear cut win, so they begged off. suggesting it vindicates the officer's account is a stretch.

Winehole23
04-23-2015, 12:41 PM
DOJ decided not to prosecute. seems to me you're reading a little more into that than is actually there.

TheSanityAnnex
04-23-2015, 12:45 PM
"those protesting" have moved on from Ferguson, which really wasn't an ideal vehicle for outrage about use of deadly force by the police.

there have been other shootings since.Then we are in agreement.

TheSanityAnnex
04-23-2015, 12:58 PM
they didn't like the chances in court. it wasn't a clear cut win, so they begged off. suggesting it vindicates the officer's account is a stretch.

When the DOJ report found ZERO evidence to support your dead son's lying witnesses accounts of course they wouldn't like their chances in court.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-23-2015, 10:00 PM
Was the hands up don't shoot movement based on a lie yes or no?

:sleep more reductio ad absurdum from the race baiting, trolling idiot.

TheSanityAnnex
04-24-2015, 09:45 AM
:sleep more reductio ad absurdum from the race baiting, trolling idiot.

Tough time answering the question Chachi?

And lol at race baiting, I don't partake in that, never have and never will.

TheSanityAnnex
04-24-2015, 09:47 AM
In related Mike Brown news, in the lawsuit against the city of Ferguson the family said they will let the jury decide what dollar amount if any should be rewarded for the family. I hope the jury rules against the Brown family and charges them for the damages they caused by inciting rioters.

Winehole23
04-24-2015, 01:52 PM
When the DOJ report found ZERO evidence to support your dead son's lying witnesses accounts of course they wouldn't like their chances in court.you're still talking about the shooting when the mundane background is predatory overpolicing, per the OP.

everyone can see your ongoing attempts to deflect for what they are.

the topic changed, TSA, please try to keep up with the conversation.

TheSanityAnnex
04-24-2015, 02:37 PM
you're still talking about the shooting when the mundane background is predatory overpolicing, per the OP.

Excuse me, but you're the one who took it here.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-24-2015, 02:55 PM
you're still talking about the shooting when the mundane background is predatory overpolicing, per the OP.

He just trolls all civil rights an gun threads trying to spam his narrative and drive everyone else off. Just ignore his oversimplified stupidity and carry on.

TheSanityAnnex
04-24-2015, 04:45 PM
He just trolls all civil rights an gun threads trying to spam his narrative and drive everyone else off. Just ignore his oversimplified stupidity and carry on.

:lol more claims you can not and will not back up
:lol telling others to ignore me when you can't do it yourself

FuzzyLumpkins
04-24-2015, 06:47 PM
http://lbsbaltimore.com/lbs-featured-for-organizing-to-change-the-law-enforcement-bill-of-rights-lebor/

Things are changing. Washington and other states have enacted similar laws and the tyranny of the police state will have less cover behind which to hide.

Winehole23
04-26-2015, 03:11 AM
Excuse me, but you're the one who took it here. it's truer to say you never ceased from it. turn the page, dude.

Winehole23
04-26-2015, 03:21 AM
LE is outta control

Winehole23
04-26-2015, 03:31 AM
True. But there is nothing wrong pointing out that those protesting are doing so based on a false narrative.in the particular case, perhaps, in the broader social reality, perhaps you're living in the false narrative.

boutons_deux
06-03-2015, 10:34 AM
Data Show Cops Growing More Aggressive Against Black People in Missouri

New statistics from Missouri show that the racial disparity in police stops, searches and arrests of drivers was higher, last year, than at any time since the year 2000 (http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/02/us/big-disparity-for-blacks-pulled-over-in-missouri.html?ref=us), when Missouri started keeping records. Black drivers in 2014 (https://ago.mo.gov/home/vehicle-stops-report/vehicle-stops-report---2014-executive-summary) were 75 percent more likely than whites to be stopped by police, and 73 percent more likely to be searched. In 2013 (https://ago.mo.gov/home/vehicle-stops-report/vehicle-stops-report---2013-executive-summary), the year before a Ferguson, Missouri, cop killed Michael Brown, setting off the Black Lives Matter movement, Missouri was stopping Blacks 66 percent more often than they stopped whites. So, in Missouri, at least, the statistics tend to confirm the general impression among Black people that the police are becoming measurably more aggressive in their dealings with African Americans.

Missouri is not widely viewed as one of the more enlightened states, :lol (home of the rape cacus!) but it is one of only about a half dozen states that keep track of how citizens who are Driving While Black are treated on the states’ streets and highways. Missouri provides the kind of information that civil liberties lawyers in New York City had to spend years in court to force police to provide. The Missouri data show an increase in the already familiar pattern, in which Black people who are stopped are also more likely to be searched than whites who get pulled over, but that

whites are almost 50 percent more likely to turn out to be carrying some kind of contraband, usually drugs. Nevertheless, at the end of the stop, Blacks were about twice as likely to be arrested as whites.

http://www.truth-out.org/opinion/item/31143-data-show-cops-growing-more-aggressive-against-black-people-in-missouri

boutons_deux
06-03-2015, 10:39 AM
“Grab Anybody!”: St. Louis PD Indiscriminately Tase and Arrest People Walking Down Sidewalk

Then another officer can be heard screaming, “Grab anybody, they were all in the street!”

As people begin to comply with the first officer’s order to “get back,” they turn and walk away down the sidewalk. But they are quickly met by officers with tasers drawn.

The man in front, wishing not to be tased, side-steps the taser but is quickly hit. Then the woman is tased.

“Oh my god, Oh my god, why did you do that? I didn’t do anything,” pleads the woman just prior to being hit with the taser again.

The cries for help and obvious distress of the woman in the video are disturbing.

Right before the video ends we can hear the woman screaming in pain, “Why are you doing this to me? I’m on the ground.”

RevoNews reports that eight of the protesters were arrested. All of them were charged with impeding the flow of traffic and two had an additional charge of resisting arrest.

They have all been released.

This small group of people were complying with the original officer’s orders, yet they were met with excessive force. There was absolutely no need for tasers to be deployed.

No one was running away; no one was resisting, nor was anyone posing a threat.

http://www.alternet.org/grab-anybody-st-louis-pd-indiscriminately-tase-and-arrest-people-walking-down-sidewalk

But the vast majority of cops are good guys! :lol

Winehole23
07-31-2015, 10:57 AM
DOJ report: St. Louis County is screwing kids in family court

https://cbsstlouis.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/7-31-15-st-louis-county-family-court-findings-report.pdf

boutons_deux
08-07-2015, 02:54 PM
One year later: Ferguson is still pumping out arrest warrants

A year after the fatal shooting of Michael Brown sparked a firestorm in Ferguson, the city is still pumping out thousands of new arrest warrants and jailing peopleover minor offenses, according to an exclusive CNNMoney analysis.

This practice continues despite a scathing report from the Department of Justice in March that found that Ferguson's police department and municipal courtwere unconstitutionally targeting low-income and minority residents with tickets and fines (http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/06/us/ferguson-missouri-racism-tickets-fines/?iid=EL) for minor offenses -- often in pursuit of revenue. The report noted that there were more than 16,000 people (residents and non-residents alike) with outstanding arrest warrants as of the end of last year, equivalent to around 75% of the town's population.

While the police were the ones giving out the tickets, the DOJ slammed the city's court for using arrest warrants to squeeze money out of the people least able to afford the fines.Even though there need to be repercussions for people who break the law and ignore their tickets, the DOJ says jail time is far too harsh a punishment for infractions that rarely pose a major threat to public safety.

But in the wake of the DOJ report (http://www.justice.gov/sites/default/files/opa/press-releases/attachments/2015/03/04/ferguson_police_department_report.pdf), CNNMoney found that Ferguson is still at it. The city has issued more than 2,300 new arrest warrants so far this year and thousands of older warrants continue to haunt people -- even as neighboring municipalities are wiping out old tickets or warrants entirely.

But that number, provided to CNNMoney by the state, only tells part of the story. So CNNMoney decided to zero in on the underlying offensesthat are leading to these warrants.Getting this information wasn't easy. At first, CNNMoney filed a public records request for data showing all offenses that have led to outstanding warrants, which was denied. CNNMoney then turned to a state committee of judges, which ultimately ordered Ferguson to release the city's court records. But then the city said it doesn't store these records digitally and could only make paper copies available.

So CNNMoney analyzed more than 700 pages of paper court dockets from the two most recent months available at the time, April and May.

(http://money.cnn.com/2015/08/06/news/st-louis-policing-for-profit/index.html?iid=EL)For one Ferguson woman, an old ticket for an expired car registration resulted in a warrant that she didn't learn about until she tried to renew her license several months ago. Meanwhile, her neighbor could be arrested at any time because of a ticketshe couldn't afford to pay for having an old, beat-up car parked in her driveway.

A St. Louis mail carrier went to court in Ferguson five times to fight a ticket for driving through a stop sign, but he still ended up with an arrest warrant when he was late to pay the fine. And CNNMoney spoke to multiple people who had recently been arrested and taken to Ferguson's jail after police had discovered their warrants during traffic stops.

"They're still engaging in racial profiling, still over-enforcing and still issuing too many warrants," said Brendan Roediger, a professor at St. Louis University School of Law who is representing plaintiffsin two lawsuits against Ferguson over its municipal court operations.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/08/06/news/ferguson-arrest-warrants/index.html

boutons_deux
08-11-2015, 02:52 PM
St. Louis County Is Putting a Reporter on Trial

My old boss Marty Baron – now the editor of The Washington Post and soon to be portrayed by Liev Schreiber at a theater near you (http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/movies/news/a36769/spotlight-trailer-catholic-church-abuse-scandal/) – isn't having the greatest month. First, the religious authoritarians in Iran put one of his reporters on trial (https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/lawyer-iran-court-holds-final-hearing-for-detained-post-journalist/2015/08/10/3c2724ea-3f44-11e5-8d45-d815146f81fa_story.html). And now the secular authoritarians in St. Louis County have put another one of his reporters on trial. (http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2015/08/10/washington-post-reporter-charged-with-trespassing-interfering-with-a-police-officer/)

A court summons dated Aug. 6 — just under a year after Lowery's arrest — was sent to Lowery, 25, ordering him to appear in a St. Louis County municipal court on Aug. 24. The summons notes that he could be arrested if he does not appear. "Charging a reporter with trespassing and interfering with a police officer when he was just doing his job is outrageous," Martin Baron, executive editor of The Post, said in a statement Monday. "You'd have thought law enforcement authorities would have come to their senses about this incident. Wes Lowery should never have been arrested in the first place. That was an abuse of police authority."

As if it weren't obvious from the video, Lowery is being inexcusably railroaded by a police culture and a judicial system that remains a stench in the nostrils of the world. Filing this just before the statute of limitations runs out? Really? It's past time for the Department of Justice to step in and bust up this racket, especially now that the police culture and the judicial system seem to be up to their old tricks again. (http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/10/us/ferguson-protests/index.html)And, this time, they've brought in the pros (http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/michael-brown-shooting/oath-keepers-turn-michael-brown-protests-ferguson-missouri-n407696) from Crazytown.

The Oath Keepers organization (http://oathkeepers.org/oktester/) says its members — all former military, police and first responders — pledge to "defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic." However, St. Louis County Police Chief Jon Belmar described their presence as "both unnecessary and inflammatory."

Protesters and police confirmed that a handful of Oath Keepers with assault rifles, bulletproof vest and camouflage gear were seen early Tuesday on the streets of Ferguson, which was under a state of emergency (http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/michael-brown-shooting/protesters-arrested-while-marking-year-michael-browns-death-n407236) following demonstrations pegged to the anniversary of Michael Brown's death.

In other words, Wesley Lowery is going to court for sitting around with intent to report something, while a platoon of armed vigilante yahoos walk the streets as though they're in Anbar Province and nobody can do anything about it except wring their hands and mumble about freedom. (Chief Belmar sounds like a pillar of Jell-O.)

The market for kangaroo suits in St. Louis County must be booming.

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/news/a37079/wesley-lowery-ferguson-washington-post-trial/