PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Byron Scott says some Lakers would shoot him in the back

FuzzyLumpkins
04-07-2015, 03:57 PM
"I got a sense of a whole lot of them I wouldn't want to be in a fox hole with," Scott said after Monday's practice. "I think they'd end up shooting me in the back. So I've got a pretty good sense of the guys that I think are going to be around, that we will build around, build together in this process and go through it."

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/4/7/8365261/byron-scott-lakers-fox-hole-god-the-lakers-are-so-sad

midnightpulp
04-07-2015, 04:00 PM
This organization is in chaos. :lol

MultiTroll
04-07-2015, 04:05 PM
Translation:

Some of the guys i have ordered to tank are trying to win.

Need Kirby back badly.

Chris
04-07-2015, 05:01 PM
Byron's hands are tied until the 48.5 poison runs its course. Luckily, they signed Byron to a 4 year contract, so he has plenty of time to figure it out. :lol

apalisoc_9
04-07-2015, 05:01 PM
Lin and Boozers are going to say a ton of things...

Spurs da champs
04-07-2015, 05:08 PM
Scott did this the past couple of years with the Cavs, this habit of constantly calling your players to the media doesn't help your standing with the locker room.

Malik Hairston
04-07-2015, 05:09 PM
As I've been saying since the off-season, despite all the hate they have received, the Lakers' front office has done a masterful tanking job, while simultaneously convincing their fans that they would try to make the playoffs(until they realized how bad their team is once the season actually began:lol), tbh..

Sean Cagney
04-07-2015, 05:23 PM
As I've been saying since the off-season, despite all the hate they have received, the Lakers' front office has done a masterful tanking job, while simultaneously convincing their fans that they would try to make the playoffs(until they realized how bad their team is once the season actually began:lol), tbh..

I remember some pleading how decent their team actually was before the season and somewhat optimistic :lol

Malik Hairston
04-07-2015, 05:24 PM
A number of "analysts" like shitty Wilbon and Jon Barry said they would make the playoffs IIRC:lol..

Raven
04-07-2015, 05:32 PM
the lakers front office is so great that they are paying jordan fuckin hill a combined 18M this and the next year and another 20 to nick young for the next 4 years, for him to literally be bangin iggy while licking kobe's ass. so great.

djohn2oo8
04-07-2015, 05:34 PM
They are going to screw it up by signing Rondo :lol

Malik Hairston
04-07-2015, 05:35 PM
The Lakers front office and organization is arguably the worst in sports, they have an antiquated mindset and they're the least progressive organization in the NBA(along with the Knicks), but they did a phenomenal job in tanking while selling tickets/brainwashing their fans this year, tbh, no doubt about it..

When you hire Byron Scott, one of the worst coaches I have ever seen, and it's applauded by many people that follow the team, you know you're doing a good job in selling your product:lol..

People are also underestimating the difficult situation they have been in, which is deciding what to do with Kobe, without neglecting his cult-like fanbase and following..Kobe is probably bigger than the Lakers franchise, tbh, in regards to following/fanbase..

djohn2oo8
04-07-2015, 05:45 PM
The Lakers front office and organization is arguably the worst in sports, they have an antiquated mindset and they're the least progressive organization in the NBA(along with the Knicks), but they did a phenomenal job in tanking while selling tickets/brainwashing their fans this year, tbh, no doubt about it..

When you hire Byron Scott, one of the worst coaches I have ever seen, and it's applauded by many people that follow the team, you know you're doing a good job in selling your product:lol..

People are also underestimating the difficult situation they have been in, which is deciding what to do with Kobe, without neglecting his cult-like fanbase and following..Kobe is probably bigger than the Lakers franchise, tbh, in regards to following/fanbase..

Probably so. It's more of the big money donors like celebrities who pressured the Lakers to keep Kobe.

Strange Love
04-07-2015, 05:54 PM
LOL No lakerfans up in this thread.

da_suns_fan
04-07-2015, 06:41 PM
Would you want this guy coaching your kids rec league team?

Add this to the list of idiotic quotes from Byron Quotes.

UZER
04-07-2015, 07:06 PM

They still have that -everyone wants to come here- mentality, but nobody wants to go there.

Now the nba is gonna raise the cap again to give them even more money to pull free agents, which inevitably players will go for the money, and once again theyll have not learned anything except wait around for the rules to change rules in their favor.

So can't really blame them.

DMC
04-07-2015, 08:43 PM
There are different kinds of managers. Some get results where charts, graphs and revenue come into play. Others are ass kissers to close up shop or lose, as it were. If they have winning on their resume, they likely won't take a losing gig and tank intentionally, but the league has an abundance of "tanking" coaches who, when the roster gets right, will be gone.

ambchang
04-07-2015, 08:56 PM
We all know who is a proven snitch in that group.

lefty
04-07-2015, 09:31 PM
Kobe: " do it "
Fredo : " I can't; you know me "

Malik Hairston
05-21-2015, 01:48 AM

As I've been saying all year, have to give credit to the Lakers front office, one of the best tank jobs I've ever seen..

- Keep Kobe, currently one of the worst players in the NBA, which allows them to continue selling tickets(as he's still one of the most popular guys in the league and a historic figure in LA), while simultaneously losing games..this allows them to tank until his contract is over, which allows them to keep a good relationship with their fanbase, since they wouldn't forgive them if they ever ended the relationship with Kobe on a bad note IMO

- Hire Byron Scott, one of the worst coaches in the history of the league, but a former Laker, endorsed by Magic "Aids" Johnson, to lead the tank

- Sign Lin, another terrible player that still sells tickets

- Swaggy P, another atrocious player that is popular due to his girlfriend and he's a native of LA

- Keep your draft pick

- Get the high pick(#2, in this case)

Brazil
05-21-2015, 12:24 PM
^you should rename yourself "As I've been saying" tbh