PDA

View Full Version : Interesting final regular season game against the Pelicans.

Old School 44
04-08-2015, 12:54 AM
With how tight the Western Conference 2-6 seeds are, and then the battle for 8th between the Thunder and the Pelicans, this game could have big implications. Not only will it affect the Spurs seeding, but the Spurs could have a big hand (no pun intended) in determining the 8th seed and the Warriors first round opponent.

And even though rash of injuries aren't his fault, it could mark the end of Scott Brooks in OkC or the end of Monty Williams in New Orleans.

Not that Divisions hold any real value, but it is pretty cool the whole Southwest Division may qualify for the playoffs.

BG_Spurs_Fan
04-08-2015, 01:24 AM
The Pelicans could help the Spurs by beating Memphis and/or Houston on the road. Their schedule is much tougher than OKC's.

Mal
04-08-2015, 01:50 AM
Nobody from 2-7 spots want Spurs in 1st round. Teams will lose at will to avoid Spurs

Arcadian
04-08-2015, 02:05 AM
The southwest division is amazing. Is this the best division in NBA history? Every team is at least 6 games above .500 and will make the playoffs. The Spurs have a losing record against their own division despite how good they are.

will_spurs
04-08-2015, 02:15 AM
It might all be moot by that point: if the Pelicans beat the Grizz, they're going to be in a good position to make playoffs ; if they don't, it pretty much kills the Spurs chances of grabbing the 2nd or 3rd spot, and Pop will rest his players. There's a good chance this game will be a non-event from a Spurs fan point of view (and hopefully in this case a gimme to the Pelicans just to spite OKC).

Duncanforthree
04-08-2015, 03:50 AM
Watch OKC win the fucking lottery.

Malik Hairston
04-08-2015, 04:01 AM
Watch OKC win the fucking lottery.

Fortunately, Durant is probably finished as a superstar player, tbh..

boutons_deux
04-08-2015, 04:27 AM
The Pelicans could help the Spurs by beating Memphis and/or Houston on the road. Their schedule is much tougher than OKC's.

yep, Pelicans schedule is a gift to OKC. But as the old saying goes, be wary of a cornered Pelican with an mean logo.

Old School 44
04-08-2015, 07:20 AM
Yes, the Pelicans have the harder schedule, but at this point they are essentially 2 games up on the Thunder, since they own the tiebreaker. Okc has 4 games left and the Pelicans have 5. I believe the Thunder need to win out to have a shot, but even then they might not make it. The Pelicans are hungry. Have you ever seen a hungry Pelican???

Old School 44
04-08-2015, 07:24 AM
Would be nice to get some help, but with a lot of positioning still in doubt, no contender is going to lay down for the Pels.

Russ
04-08-2015, 07:40 AM
Hopefully, the Pelicans will clinch and only the Spurs will need to win -- a likely scenario since NO has the tiebreaker.

wildchild
04-08-2015, 01:58 PM
Fortunately, Durant is probably finished as a superstar player, tbh..

Superstar or not, we'll see him playing for another team next seasons.

Spurs 4 The Win
04-08-2015, 02:00 PM
Superstar or not, we'll see him playing for another team next seasons.

This is one of the worst takes I have seen in years

wildchild
04-08-2015, 02:04 PM
This is one of the worst takes I have seen in years

You think he wants to play for them after this season and all issues with the OKC' media?

Mel_13
04-08-2015, 02:07 PM
You think he wants to play for them after this season and all issues with the OKC' media?

He's issued statements saying that he does.

Spurs 4 The Win
04-08-2015, 02:10 PM

He is also under contract through next year...

hater
04-08-2015, 02:31 PM
:lmao at best division in history. Just because the rest of the league and west is complete shit.

Any of the top WC teams aside from golden state and spurs would get raped by a pedestrian team lime say the 2005 Supersonics.

wildchild
04-08-2015, 02:33 PM
He's issued statements saying that he does.

Yes, but the last I heard of him was his critique of OKC' press, too.
His opinion about the incident with Russell and the media guy, "because I don't like you"...and another toxic things like that.

But however, if he said he'll stay...good for OKC.

Mel_13
04-08-2015, 02:36 PM
Yes, but the last I heard of him was his critique of OKC' press, too.
His opinion about the incident with Russell and the media guy, "because I don't like you"...and another toxic things like that.

But however, if he said he'll stay...good for OKC.

It was long after his criticism of the media. He stated pretty clearly that he intends to stay in OKC for the long haul.

wildchild
04-08-2015, 02:43 PM
He is also under contract through next year...

Well, the players demand a trade for some reason, but I didn't know he said he'll stay last days like Mel said.

wildchild
04-08-2015, 02:49 PM
It was long after his criticism of the media. He stated pretty clearly that he intends to stay in OKC for the long haul.

After the injury I thought that was just a very emotional statement from him, something like the kind of talk fans want to hear, and then he'll change his opinion. But thanks Mel, I didn't know he has confirmed it after that.

Malik Hairston
04-08-2015, 03:54 PM
:lmao at best division in history. Just because the rest of the league and west is complete shit.

Any of the top WC teams aside from golden state and spurs would get raped by a pedestrian team lime say the 2005 Supersonics.

:lmao:lmao

boutons_deux
04-08-2015, 04:18 PM
Pels with be in 9th before that Spurs game.

BillMc
04-08-2015, 04:43 PM
Yes, the Pelicans have the harder schedule, but at this point they are essentially 2 games up on the Thunder, since they own the tiebreaker. Okc has 4 games left and the Pelicans have 5. I believe the Thunder need to win out to have a shot, but even then they might not make it. The Pelicans are hungry. Have you ever seen a hungry Pelican???

:lol