PDA

View Full Version : Men are 49% of the US population

DarrinS
04-08-2015, 05:13 PM
but make up over 93% of the incarcerated population.

Why does law enforcement hate men?

m>s
04-08-2015, 05:29 PM
Feminists never talk about this sexism. We need programs put in place to even this out imo.

Spurminator
04-08-2015, 05:31 PM
You should be embarrassed of this thread.

I recommend you delete it before more people see it. This is really about the dumbest thing I've ever seen you post, and that's saying a lot.

DarrinS
04-08-2015, 05:44 PM
You should be embarrassed of this thread.

I recommend you delete it before more people see it. This is really about the dumbest thing I've ever seen you post, and that's saying a lot.

It is really stupid logic, but that's precisely the point.

Slutter McGee
04-08-2015, 05:57 PM
I get where you are going here, but not sure I agree. The reason blacks and minorities make a higher percentage of incarcerations is largely based on discrimination. But its not discrimination based on color, but more based on poverty.

Most of the research shows that whites and blacks do drugs at about the same rate but there is a disproportionate number of blacks incarcerated for it.

Slutter McGee

m>s
04-08-2015, 06:04 PM
So when blacks are incarcerated at higher rates, make less money, etc it's racism but when women are less likely to be incarcerated than men and more likely to come out ahead in divorce settlements there is no discrimination going on whatsoever? Top kek

Slutter McGee
04-08-2015, 06:39 PM
Of course there is discrimination in favor of women in divorce and custody settlements. And I never said it was racism that blacks are disproportionately incarcerated. I said their was discrimination, but discrimination based on class and not race.

Still you can't ignore that there is discrimination, and the argument that there are more blacks in jail because they are committing more crime simply doesn't show the entire picture.

Slutter McGee

Nbadan
04-08-2015, 10:55 PM
This actually makes perfect sense in Darrin-speak...

ChumpDumper
04-08-2015, 11:07 PM
It is really stupid logic, but that's precisely the point.What is your point?

The Reckoning
04-09-2015, 12:10 AM
What is your point?

he's saying that black men are naturally more violent and criminal than everyone else

ChumpDumper
04-09-2015, 12:17 AM
he's saying that black men are naturally more violent and criminal than everyone elseIs he?

Let him say it.

DarrinS
04-09-2015, 06:20 AM
What is your point?

More men are in prison because men commit more crimes than women.

DMX7
04-09-2015, 08:06 AM
but make up over 93% of the incarcerated population.

Why does law enforcement hate men?

We men are an oppressed minority.

DMX7
04-09-2015, 08:09 AM
he's saying that black men are naturally more violent and criminal than everyone else

Is he?

Let him say it.

He wants to say it explicitly so badly.

More men are in prison because men commit more crimes than women.

:lol

Spurminator
04-09-2015, 09:09 AM
It is really stupid logic, but that's precisely the point.

I know the point you think you're making. It's not exactly a subtle or salient point. And it's also not a good one. It's the kind of point a stupid person makes and thinks he's clever making it, as though any person of average intelligence has not already considered whether racial disparities in the prison population are a result of disparities in criminal activity by race.

There's plenty of data out there, for anyone who wants to look, that shows that minorities are targeted for minor offenses far more often than whites as compared to how often these races actually commit crimes. I'm pretty sure there was a long thread on it in here less than 6 months ago. If you still want to think the ratio of black arrests to white arrests is consistent with the ratio of blacks who commit crimes to whites who commit crimes, I don't care enough to stop you.

FromWayDowntown
04-09-2015, 09:30 AM
n/m

ChumpDumper
04-09-2015, 10:46 AM
More men are in prison because men commit more crimes than women.Nothing else?

Clipper Nation
04-09-2015, 11:07 AM
I thought we were a patriarchy? Man, we must suck at running a patriarchy.