PDA

View Full Version : Baynes

AFBlue
04-08-2015, 09:58 PM
Stepping up BIGTIME while Splitter's out tbqh. Dude has been solid on the boards and impressive in the offensive sets. His rip on Howard that lead to a transition dunk was one of the plays of the night.

Malik Hairston
04-08-2015, 10:02 PM
He's a free agent, too, isn't he?

I'd be surprised if he hasn't caught the eyes of a few GMs around the league, tbh..

Ice009
04-08-2015, 10:11 PM
In just the last few days I've read a comment along the lines of - he's about what you'd expect from a 4th big in your rotation.

I don't think some people around here are giving him anywhere near enough credit. He's doing a very good job and I think he's been much better than a serviceable 4th big. He's stepped up and tried to do as good of a job as he can. It hasn't always been pretty, but he's really tried to help the team in any way that he can, especially when filling in for other players. It's not easy going up against other teams starters when you haven't had much experience doing it. It takes some time to adjust and learn.

I was one of the ones in the off-season that wanted the Spurs to pay him a bit more so that he could come back. I didn't think that the QO or whatever it's called was fair. He had a rough start to the season and I was a little disappointed in his play to begin with, but IMO he's gotten much better as the season has gone on. He's a very solid role player.