PDA

View Full Version : Longhorn thoughts by mookie

mookie2001
09-06-2005, 12:31 PM
Richmond McGee and the extra point team left me speechless, Mack will spend extra time on this bullshit this week, which he shouldnt have to at this point in the season

Jamaal Charles looked really, really good. PLUS he didnt fumble!!
he will be the next great UT tailback

Ramonce did not fumble either and had some really good runs and a few catches, however he didnt carry one time from the tailback position, which i think is very foolish, especially when Selvin is getting hurt and fumbling.
expect Ramonce to get some traditional handoffs vs Ohio St.
speaking of Selvin, maybe this guy is fragile, i hate to say it. still has it ALL to prove, also hang on to the ball you chode.
Vince was pretty on target, he had some good passes, the kind he needs to throw next week, but he didnt chunk the ball deep, which they could have tried once
David Thomas, this guy loves to score
O-Line great job with pass blocking
Orakpo looked promising at DE, maybe a force THIS season
Robert Killebrew looked nice too, he can hit and made some good tackles
i like what the D did by sticking to the basics, i didnt see many blitzes, none from the secondary and no stunts, i hope Chizik is saving them for saturday
i didnt see much of Roy Miller, nor Quan who had 1 catch i think
and who i wanted to see Jordan Shipley, i guess theyre playing it safe with Shipley?
that leads me my man Henry Melton
this guy reminded me of Ramonce's first game and Vince Young's first game, the guy just came out and started scoring TDs, although this dude was rumblin, stumblin, bumblin, dam would yall want to have to tackle this guy on your own?
if it were not for that fumble out of bounce, his game would have been perfect
this guy is going to be sick

saturday at OSU will be a classic

Jimcs50
09-06-2005, 12:37 PM
Texas will KILL Ohio State this weekend by at least 20 pts or I will whine for everyone.

samikeyp
09-06-2005, 01:03 PM
shit...there goes more of Jim's reverse mojo! Don't buy into it UT fans! :lol

(although Jim knows his wine!)

Jimcs50
09-06-2005, 01:29 PM
1) BET ID=31444535
Straight Wager 09/06/05 14:26 ET
200.00/180.82 Result: Pending
Texas
OhioSt 09/10/05 (20:05 ET)
Texas +1

Here is my bet Mikey...no reverse mojo here at all. I know UT is the best team in the country this year and they are the best team in this game by a wide margin.

I am not only looking for UT to win, but to win by 20 pts.

2centsworth
09-06-2005, 01:36 PM
Richmond McGee and the extra point team left me speechless, Mack will spend extra time on this bullshit this week, which he shouldnt have to at this point in the season

he will be the next great UT tailback

Ramonce did not fumble either and had some really good runs and a few catches, however he didnt carry one time from the tailback position, which i think is very foolish, very especially when Selvin is getting hurt and fumbling.
expect Ramonce to get some traditional handoffs vs Ohio St.
speaking of Selvin, maybe this guy is fragile, i hate to say it. still has it ALL to prove, also hang on to the ball you chode.
Vince was pretty on target, he had some good passes, the kind he needs to throw next week, but he didnt chunk the ball deep, which they could have tried once
David Thomas, this guy loves to score
O-Line great job with pass blocking
Orakpo looked promising at DE, maybe a force THIS season
Robert Killebrew looked nice too, he can hit and made some good tackles
i like what the D did by sticking to the basics, i didnt see many blitzes, none from the secondary and no stunts, i hope Chizik is saving them for saturday
i didnt see much of Roy Miller, nor Quan who had 1 catch i think
and who i wanted to see Jordan Shipley, i guess theyre playing it safe with Shipley?
that leads me my man Henry Melton
this guy reminded me of Ramonce's first game and Vince Young's first game, the guy just came out and started scoring TDs, although this dude was rumblin, stumblin, bumblin, dam would yall want to have to tackle this guy on your own?
if it were not for that fumble out of bounce, his game would have been perfect
this guy is going to sick

saturday at OSU will be a classic
You can't determine anything from a victory against Lafayette.

mookie2001
09-06-2005, 01:41 PM
i didnt

thats why the whole post ignored the score and opponents

2centsworth
09-06-2005, 01:42 PM
i didnt

thats why the whole post ignored the score and opponents

then what does this refer to?

Practice?

mookie2001
09-06-2005, 01:52 PM
?
your scoffing me for saying charles looked good, a true frshman in his first ever game at ut?

chill out dude
we all knew they would win
the question was how were the freshman and backups gonna look

2centsworth
09-06-2005, 02:06 PM
?
your scoffing me for saying charles looked good, a true frshman in his first ever game at ut?

chill out dude
we all knew they would win
the question was how were the freshman and backups gonna look
not scoffing just saying the entire article referred to the Lafayette game. You can't tell crap from that game.

Ballcox
09-06-2005, 02:14 PM
2centsworth, you bet your ass you can tell some things about your team, even when playing against LLA. 2-3 seasons ago we played these guys in the season opener, and on one of our first posessions Simms threw an INT and LLA was in the lead. Of course, Applewhite came in and saved the day and we ended up routing those guys. BUT, from that one game against a sub-par team, you could tell right then and there that Simms had a tendency to lock on to receivers and give his reads away. This tendency would of course come back to haunt him in games against OU and in a certain Big XII Championship game against Colorado. I was at that game and remember thinking 'this Simms kid has got to do a better job of masking his reads, or he's going to get us in a shitload of trouble with the passing game'. Funny how things work out, huh?

On to last Saturday against LLA, Texas came out about as well oiled and polished in an opening season game as I've EVER seen, period. The O line blocked well and opened up huge holes to run through, Vince passed well and ran when needed, and the D looked very tough. I won't talk about special teams except to say that they had better have their act together come Saturday night in the shoe. So, yes, you can tell allot about your team depite the competition level, and I think this team is ready to play Ohio State.

2centsworth
09-06-2005, 02:21 PM
2centsworth, you bet your ass you can tell some things about your team, even when playing against LLA. 2-3 seasons ago we played these guys in the season opener, and on one of our first posessions Simms threw an INT and LLA was in the lead. Of course, Applewhite came in and saved the day and we ended up routing those guys. BUT, from that one game against a sub-par team, you could tell right then and there that Simms had a tendency to lock on to receivers and give his reads away. This tendency would of course come back to haunt him in games against OU and in a certain Big XII Championship game against Colorado. I was at that game and remember thinking 'this Simms kid has got to do a better job of masking his reads, or he's going to get us in a shitload of trouble with the passing game'. Funny how things work out, huh?

On to last Saturday against LLA, Texas came out about as well oiled and polished in an opening season game as I've EVER seen, period. The O line blocked well and opened up huge holes to run through, Vince passed well and ran when needed, and the D looked very tough. I won't talk about special teams except to say that they had better have their act together come Saturday night in the shoe. So, yes, you can tell allot about your team depite the competition level, and I think this team is ready to play Ohio State.happened to be at that game 2/3 years ago. I could tell simms was going to have a rough year. I'll concede overall Texas looks like they still have momentum from last year. However, as far as individual players it's hard to get a sense of how good some of those guys are going to be because this year's lafayette team looked horrible. plus add katrina on top of that.

We'll get a better sense of how good the team can be this weekend.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-06-2005, 04:43 PM
Texas will KILL Ohio State this weekend by at least 20 pts or I will buy wine for everyone.

i'll quote you on that :lol

Cant_Be_Faded
09-06-2005, 04:45 PM
as expected....college football season is here, and mookie is posting in here like-he-owns tha place

SWC Bonfire
09-06-2005, 04:47 PM
Texas will KILL Ohio State this weekend by at least 20 pts or I will buy wine for everyone.

GTG @ Messina-Hof, anyone?

For the record, I hope that Texas wins every game this year except the one in College Station.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-06-2005, 04:50 PM
It actually would be a good ole fashion texas hoe down if someway A&M and UT both go undefeated until the last game of the season

as long as they dont take one of our Touchdowns away, may the best team win

cecil collins
09-06-2005, 05:08 PM
I hear ya, I was actually rooting for A&M against Clemson. Can't say the same about Oklahoma.

KewlKat00
09-06-2005, 08:27 PM
It actually would be a good ole fashion texas hoe down if someway A&M and UT both go undefeated until the last game of the season

i don't think that's possible anymore. but one loss would still be pretty good. i think there will be some good teams with only one loss at that point.

i didn't get to see the a&m game because the notre dame game was on here (no idea why they didn't switch out to a close game... but i forget it was the irish). i was reading that when a&m scored near the end they were only up by 1 and went for the pat instead of the 2 point conversion. hmmm... i guess there are always what ifs...

Kdfelicity
09-06-2005, 08:35 PM
I am just stocked about UT's season. But how they do against Ohio State will determine the rest of the season, in my opinion. GO HORNS GO!

Horry For 3!
09-06-2005, 10:46 PM
1) BET ID=31444535
Straight Wager 09/06/05 14:26 ET
200.00/180.82 Result: Pending
Texas
OhioSt 09/10/05 (20:05 ET)
Texas +1

Here is my bet Mikey...no reverse mojo here at all. I know UT is the best team in the country this year and they are the best team in this game by a wide margin.

I am not only looking for UT to win, but to win by 20 pts.
I hope your right. :tu

Jimcs50
09-07-2005, 09:04 AM
GTG @ Messina-Hof, anyone?

For the record, I hope that Texas wins every game this year except the one in College Station.

:tu

samikeyp
09-07-2005, 10:13 AM

Good...its always a good thing to be on the good side of Jimbo's mojo! :)

Kdfelicity
09-07-2005, 10:02 PM

Party at your house then Jim? I fancy beer though.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-07-2005, 11:27 PM
Melton is so fucking big

he's going to destroy OSU's linebackers

Trainwreck2100
09-07-2005, 11:33 PM
You can't determine anything from a victory against Lafayette.

you've got to admit though, they did blow Lafayette out of the water.

tlongII
09-08-2005, 12:51 PM
as expected....college football season is here, and mookie is posting in here like-he-owns tha place

College football may be my favorite sport of all.

mookie2001
09-08-2005, 07:16 PM
^ i agree with that

Cant_Be_Faded
09-08-2005, 08:26 PM
all i know is that mookie bet all of us 5 bucks each that he would be posting in here like-he-owned tha place come football season

Kdfelicity
09-08-2005, 09:54 PM
i definitely like college football better than the NFL. And Jim, the game's Saturday better get crackin on the party plans... :drunk

mookie2001
09-09-2005, 10:13 AM
im gonna post in here like yall are at my house, smoking my herb and playing my genesis

samikeyp
09-09-2005, 11:24 AM
im gonna post in here like yall are at my house, smoking my herb and playing my genesis

well if that's the case...puff, puff, give! Don't fuck up the rotation! :lol

Cant_Be_Faded
11-18-2009, 01:34 AM
My how the times have changed.

Rememba tha years when mookie actually tried to bring original thought to the forum? What a chode. Now all he does is talk about how good J'Covan is going to be just because he's from PAT.

Still, I'll admit several of his takes were somewhat clairvoyant, though he basically just singled out all the 4 and 5 star recruits who had the best chances to succeed.

Not taking anything away from you, (thats what I just did) but only a handful of games left and we never get gold like this anymore.