04-09-2015, 10:39 AM
Kawhi for vucevic

Clipper Nation
04-09-2015, 10:41 AM
Kawhi for Choke Paul, take it or leave it. :downspin:

100%duncan
04-09-2015, 10:44 AM
On a serious note, I dont even know if spurfan is willing to trade him for Blake.

loveforthegame
04-09-2015, 11:18 AM
Harrison Barnes or no one.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
04-09-2015, 11:19 AM
I'd do it for Shumpert

MateoNeygro
04-09-2015, 11:21 AM
I'm not being a homer here but with our team as currently constructed. There's nobody I'd take over Kawhi.

MateoNeygro
04-09-2015, 11:21 AM
^at the SF position

Nathan89
04-09-2015, 11:24 AM
On a serious note, I dont even know if spurfan is willing to trade him for Blake.

Absolutely not and it's not even a close decision.

Blizzardwizard
04-09-2015, 11:26 AM
Nope. I like Nurkic, but I'll take Kiwi any day over both.

K...
04-09-2015, 11:26 AM
I'd take Davis. Maybe BOOGIE, (probably not but man), and that's about it. I don't think there is any one or two guard that will help the team over he current rotation. So I wouldn't trade for harden, Westbrook, or curry.

K...
04-09-2015, 11:28 AM
There's just not too many guys better than him. I guess you have to do LeBron, but lol LeBron isn't much better.

Old School 44
04-09-2015, 11:31 AM
I'm a homer, but the only guy I'd consider is Davis, but I'd have a "shave the brow" clause in his contract.

MateoNeygro
04-09-2015, 11:34 AM
I'm a homer, but the only guy I'd consider is Davis, but I'd have a "shave the brow" clause in his contract.

Davis was the only guy I was thinking. I wouldn't even take Bron.

spursparker9
04-09-2015, 11:35 AM
I do it for Harden

will_spurs
04-09-2015, 11:46 AM
I'd take Davis or Lebron. That's about it.

K...
04-09-2015, 12:17 PM
You can't trade for harden. Harden is elite on offense but the loss from defense negates the advantage. But you also have to move Danny green off he starters. Now you got Tony Duncan and replacement level sf as your perimeter defense. I guess you can start cojo to mitigate against that.But still I call that a wash at best.

Robz4000
04-09-2015, 12:18 PM
Prolly wouldn't trade him for anyone. Kawhi is 23 and already a nearly top 10 player in the league. He could be top 5 as early as next year. His rate of growth is ridiculous.

Southwest Texas Fan
04-09-2015, 12:21 PM
Maybe for the centerpiece.

Chinook
04-09-2015, 12:27 PM
No, you don't trade Kawhi for anyone. Even if you believe that there are better players out there, as soon as you get one, you're going to have to try to find another Kawhi anyway. It would be like if the Heat had traded Wade to get Lebron.

scanry
04-09-2015, 12:30 PM
Davis
Durant
Lebron

are the only players worth mentioning right now. You could add Westbrook, Curry & Harden in the mix too.

Chinook
04-09-2015, 12:38 PM
Davis
Durant
Lebron

are the only players worth mentioning right now. You could add Westbrook, Curry & Harden in the mix too.

Lol, just Davis. No one else is in the conversation.

SpurSwag
04-09-2015, 12:39 PM
Players I would definitely trade Kawhi for: Davis
Players I would give some actual thought to: Lebron, Harden, Curry, Wiggins, Cousins

Horse
04-09-2015, 12:42 PM
Davis
Durant
Lebron

No fucking way I'd take Durant, no D, now the injuries, playoff choker and a big time pussy

Horse
04-09-2015, 12:43 PM
And double fuck harden is he was ever a Spur I'd stop watching the nba.

testies
04-09-2015, 12:52 PM
galliari is 20x better than him on offense

we grew so much taking high IQ euro players like diaw and splitter (i know hes brazilain but came up from ceramica youth system) .. basically tooday in the nba if you are euro you are by definition much better

DAF86
04-09-2015, 12:59 PM

No fucking way.

hater
04-09-2015, 01:01 PM
as of today Kawhi is playing at Lebron/Durant levels.

Don't think you can even consider trading him.

I think he will come down to earth eventually to Matrix 2.0 levels (hope I'm wrong)

I just don't want him to fall in love with that mid range jumper which is great in regular season but not so great in the playoffs (see Kevin Durant)

K...
04-09-2015, 01:06 PM
Durant is injured and beta.

Curry is great, but not better than Parker/mills/gimp

LeBron is old

Wiggins is interesting but still too raw. It's tempting, but it's taking the sure thing for a fair gamble.

Cousins is just me being selfish. I want to see him play with a real team. He has dominated in short stretches but he's not a sure thing.

Agloco
04-09-2015, 02:18 PM
I'm not being a homer here but with our team as currently constructed. There's nobody I'd take over Kawhi.

AD23?

Sean Cagney
04-09-2015, 02:30 PM
galliari is 20x better than him on offense

we grew so much taking high IQ euro players like diaw and splitter (i know hes brazilain but came up from ceramica youth system) .. basically tooday in the nba if you are euro you are by definition much better
Yeah so much better on offense with a .385% shooting percentage. 20 Times better? So if you are Euro you are by definition much better? So Lebron is not the best player in the NBA? AD? Durant when healthy? Stop it.

MateoNeygro
04-09-2015, 02:51 PM
AD23?

I corrected myself. If you look up further I said Davis...Dude is legit.

Kineto
04-09-2015, 03:40 PM
Splitter+Kawhi vs Hayward+Gobert is probably fair (which is why it would probably be denied by both spurs AND jazz fan ^^)

Malik Hairston
04-09-2015, 03:44 PM
Gallinari is pretty overrated, as are all SFs that score and don't do anything else at a high level, tbh(Chandler Parsons, Tobias Harris, etc)..most difficult type of player to build around, unless it's a rare, historic talent like Durant..

monkeypunk
04-09-2015, 04:46 PM
Gallinari is pretty overrated, as are all SFs that score and don't do anything else at a high level, tbh(Chandler Parsons, Tobias Harris, etc)..most difficult type of player to build around, unless it's a rare, historic talent like Durant..

I'd only consider Durant but he may never get back to the player that he was with that injury. Historically speaking, that injury bodes poorly for his future production and longevity in this league.

Lebron only has a few more years of dominance where Kawhi has 8-10 years of growth over what he is now, so nope on that one.

Davis maybe, but as others have said, we would then have to fill the hole at SF and wouldn't be a better team without KL.

Everyone else can suck it, Curry, Harden, Griffin. They are all too limited on the D side of the floor so nope, nope and nope.

Malik Hairston
04-09-2015, 04:53 PM
Davis is the only answer IMO..

An underrated part of Kawhi's game is his ability to play both the role of go-to option(which he has been doing, this season), while also being fully capable and comfortable of being a role player that can play off Parker/Diaw/Ginobili/Duncan..a lot of superstars in this league(probably most, actually) are only capable of playing a ball-dominant style of play, tbh..

Most of the other star players wouldn't fit well in Pop's system, and some of them would probably even clash with him IMO..

Generally speaking, building around a big man that can anchor your defense before dominating on offense has been the way to go, but sometimes you get the perimeter player that can do both(Lebron, Dad Killer, Pippen, etc)..hopefully Kawhi develops into that rare player..

Richie
04-09-2015, 04:55 PM
Davis is the only player I'd do the trade for in a heartbeat. Kawhi may never reach the level Lebron is at right now, but age is a factor so I might prefer a 23 year old Kawhi over a 30 year old Lebron.

Durant is the only other real option. Without the foot injuries you'd have to do it, but it's become a question mark.

Anyone who thinks we'd be a worse team trading Kawhi for Davis is crazy IMO. Wing defense is important but Davis has the ability to be a Top 10 all time player, and a good wing defender is easier to find than one of those.

Malik Hairston
04-09-2015, 04:58 PM
Lebron wouldn't work, regardless, tbh..he's the Peyton Manning of the NBA from a control-standpoint, he dominates the ball and calls all the plays..I don't see how he would fit with Pop with his current, post-Miami mentality and entourage..

Mr Bones
04-09-2015, 05:03 PM
Leonard's a perfect fit in terms of skill and temperament for the Spurs. He's also younger than Westbrook, Durant, and LeBron. No way I'd trade him for anyone other than the younger Anthony Davis.

szkorhetz
04-09-2015, 05:04 PM
I'd take Davis or Lebron. That's about it.

I am the only one who thinks we will get Lebron after we ring and BOTH Manu and Tim retire?

cjw
04-09-2015, 05:18 PM
There's just not too many guys better than him. I guess you have to do LeBron, but lol LeBron isn't much better.

If you knew Duncan was returning, it's a move you would make even though Lebron is pushing 30 considering Kawhi's salary will be much closer to Lebron's going forward.

Unibrow definitely. Guaranteed healthy Durant.

PG is too deep of a position for the Paul / Westbrook / Curry trio and I hate Harden's game.

Malik Hairston
04-09-2015, 05:21 PM
Paul and Westbrook would be atrocious fits with the Spurs, too, tbh..

Curry would work, though..

Agloco
04-09-2015, 05:23 PM
I corrected myself. If you look up further I said Davis...Dude is legit.

:tu

Agloco
04-09-2015, 05:24 PM
I am the only one who thinks we will get Lebron after we ring and BOTH Manu and Tim retire?

Yes, you are the only one.

Silver&Black
04-09-2015, 05:26 PM
I do it for Harden

I wouldn't do that trade.....but damn all them FTs would be nice.

testies
04-09-2015, 06:15 PM

thats so bs, don't compare gallinari( a guy that can handle, go left, post up, pass) to parsons..

gallianri and euro dudes have been getting traied by coaches in the molds of tex winters, auerbach in europe, they are smart players... only thing holding danilo back are injuries

parsons is just athletic shooter, and it seems he cant even shoot anymore

lefty20
04-09-2015, 06:29 PM
Trade Kawhi for Kirby. Cuz Kawhi doesn't demand the ball enough.

AFBlue
04-09-2015, 07:56 PM
If we could get back Paul George, I'd do it. He was on his way to being a Spurs legend when he was shipped off.

benstanfield
04-09-2015, 08:05 PM
I would trade Kawhi straight-up for:

Anthony Davis
James Harden
Steph Curry (maybe, he's 27)
Demarcus Cousins (maybe)

Kawhi is a top 15 player at age 23. He's worth a borderline all-star + a top 5 pick or better tbh, and only if he wants out

RD2191
04-09-2015, 08:08 PM

Anthony Davis
James Harden
Demarcus Cousins (maybe)

Kawhi is a top 15 player at age 23. He's worth a borderline all-star + a top 5 pick or better tbh, and only if he wants out
Damn, never realized Curry was that old.

Bartleby
04-09-2015, 08:16 PM

Anthony Davis
James Harden
Demarcus Cousins (maybe)

Davis - Yes
Harden - No, too much of a liablity on D
Curry - Maybe
Boogie - No, too much of a headcase

Mr Bones
04-10-2015, 01:59 AM
DeMarcus Cousins has had plenty of time to grow up and he just hasn't done it. He's the quintessential anti-Spur. No way I'd build a team around him or max him out.

wildchild
04-10-2015, 02:23 AM
After another two or three seasons where his team don't make playoffs or being eliminated early in first round, and Davis wonders where's his own Big 3...I'd love if he sees Kawhi and the Spurs as part of his future.

spurraider21
04-10-2015, 02:34 AM
Harden's defensive liability is being severely overstated here :lol... he's been single handedly carrying the rockets for most of the year, and his defense isn't as terrible as it had been last year

100%duncan
04-10-2015, 02:58 AM
Harden's defensive liability is being severely overstated here :lol... he's been single handedly carrying the rockets for most of the year, and his defense isn't as terrible as it had been last year

Still aint worth what Kawhi gives us. We dont need 1 man to do it all anyway

spurraider21
04-10-2015, 02:59 AM
Still aint worth what Kawhi gives us. We dont need 1 man to do it all anyway
yeah, i wouldn't deal kawhi for him either... but people are literally saying his defense cancels his offense :rollin

100%duncan
04-10-2015, 03:03 AM
yeah, i wouldn't deal kawhi for him either... but people are literally saying his defense cancels his offense :rollin

If you think about it though if we deal kawhi with harden we not only lost the best perimeter defender in the league but also probably the best 2 guard defender in the league since Green's minutes will either be lessened or he will be forced to play the 3position and cover harden's ass all night long.

Horry Hipcheck
04-10-2015, 03:05 AM
Davis and literally nobody else. If Durant and LeBron had a baby that shit pure basketball talent I still wouldn't cough up Kawhi. Dude's got way too high a ceiling.

spurraider21
04-10-2015, 03:07 AM
If you think about it though if we deal kawhi with harden we not only lost the best perimeter defender in the league but also probably the best 2 guard defender in the league since Green's minutes will either be lessened or he will be forced to play the 3position and cover harden's ass all night long.
i imagine green would just play the 3 in that situation, but it gives us very little defensive flexibility. anyway, the spurs dont really need a guy like harden right now.

G-Dawgg
04-10-2015, 09:39 AM
After seeing how destructive Leonard can be to opponents on the defensive end, I honestly don't see anybody who I would trade him for at this point. He has the rare ability to control and dominate games on BOTH sides of the ball.

K...
04-10-2015, 10:07 AM
I'd think about Cousins simply because his upside is higher than kawhi. It's not likely, but maybe the spurs think he'd be straightened out by pop and Duncan. He's a big man who hasn't been injury prone. He's had only bad coaches and teammates.

Nobody can stop kawhi now, but the kawhi led offense is new and eventually teams will focus on him.it may not be as strong as a motivated cousins given the same amount of talent.

Imagine BOOGIE in an offense designed around him. Teach him basic defense. It could work. Maybe kawhi wants to live west coast and cousins demands a trade. The kings throw in a sweetener or two. Would you do it?

K...
04-10-2015, 10:08 AM
Keep in mind. This is a year or two down the road. Spurs will be making hard choices, rolling the dice, regardless.

horsielove
04-10-2015, 10:32 AM
Kawhi for vucevic

would do it in a heartbeat

MateoNeygro
04-10-2015, 11:09 AM
Keep in mind. This is a year or two down the road. Spurs will be making hard choices, rolling the dice, regardless.

They might be rolling the dice but not with Kawhi. The Spurs will do whatever possible to keep him. Just my opinion.

SASdynasty!
04-10-2015, 12:25 PM
I wouldn't trade Parker in his 14th (and worst statistical since his rookie year) season for Paul.

AFBlue
04-10-2015, 05:14 PM
I'd think about Cousins simply because his upside is higher than kawhi. It's not likely, but maybe the spurs think he'd be straightened out by pop and Duncan. He's a big man who hasn't been injury prone. He's had only bad coaches and teammates.

Nobody can stop kawhi now, but the kawhi led offense is new and eventually teams will focus on him.it may not be as strong as a motivated cousins given the same amount of talent.

Imagine BOOGIE in an offense designed around him. Teach him basic defense. It could work. Maybe kawhi wants to live west coast and cousins demands a trade. The kings throw in a sweetener or two. Would you do it?

Hell no. I look at Boogie the way I look at Russell Westchuck. He can do some pretty incredible things with the ball in his hands, but you never know when his emotion and immaturity are going to backfire. I'm a big believer in the Spurs culture and its ability to influence, but you can't change the fabric of who someone is. Maybe I'm wrong, but Cousins just seems to be a knucklehead through and through.

Kawhi is the realized antithesis of Boogie...even keel and reliable. I would argue about his contribution being on an even plane as well, considering how he affects the game on both ends.

Trying to think of ANY scenarios where I trade Kawhi, and I'm having trouble tbqh. But I do know, that list doesn't include DeMarcus Cousins.

BillMc
04-10-2015, 05:39 PM
Davis would be it. Because of age and injury I would even pass on LeBron and Durant.

testies
04-11-2015, 01:42 AM
Gallo just scored 48