PDA

View Full Version : Parker messages yesterday

Brazil
04-09-2015, 02:01 PM
Basically Parker sent two messages yesterday to NBA.

1. He is ready to defer totally to Kawhi (see his post game comments) and will play happy with 3 or 4 FGAs in a game.

2. If you dare him to beat the shit out of you by letting him operate focusing on stopping the other 4 or focusing on stopping Kawhi, you will pay the price. That's what Rockets did defending him straight up with Terry and Prio, results: 13/18.

I fully expect Houston changing plans next game btw...

These two messages are quite overlooked imo but are important for the POs, the fact he made Houston pay is an awesome news for Spurs not exactly for the points scored in a RS game but for the "you cannot remove Parker from the equation when you plan a Defense against the Spurs"

Good shit imo

hater
04-09-2015, 02:04 PM
Head of the snake

RD2191
04-09-2015, 02:04 PM
The only message Parker sent last night is that he can only dominate old backup PG's.

dabom
04-09-2015, 02:09 PM
The only message Parker sent last night is that he can only dominate backup PG's.

I feel the same. Kinda like 2007 Finals. :lmao

Spurs 4 The Win
04-09-2015, 02:09 PM
The only message Parker sent last night is that he can only dominate old backup PG's.

faggot

RD2191
04-09-2015, 02:13 PM
I feel the same. Kinda like 2007 Finals. :lmao
It's the truth. :lol

Mikeanaro
04-09-2015, 02:13 PM
Parker should kiss the claw.

K...
04-09-2015, 02:15 PM
I fully expect kawhi to rape and pillage. Nothing Houston did prevented kawhi from getting in rhythm, except foul troubles.he'll know better this game and avoid the slow start

K...
04-09-2015, 02:15 PM
Parker should kiss the claw.

Read the op, he just did.

dabom
04-09-2015, 02:16 PM
I fully expect kawhi to rape and pillage. Nothing Houston did prevented kawhi from getting in rhythm, except foul troubles.he'll know better this game and avoid the slow start

Dude what happened to your Parker-white-knighting shtick? JW. lol

Mikeanaro
04-09-2015, 02:20 PM
Read the op, he just did.
No no, I mean literally, he never makes the claw and words sometimes have no value at all we are talking about the guy who invited Danny Green to die with just a single look.

Chinook
04-09-2015, 02:21 PM
If Parker can exploit lax defense and hit open shots, he'll be able to play next to Kawhi for years. But last night was also about him undressing bigs, which was definitely nice to see. Parker is the best penetrator (lol) on the team, so having him ready and able to get into the paint while also being willing to not really control the ball is great.

RD2191
04-09-2015, 02:22 PM
If Parker can exploit lax defense and hit open shots, he'll be able to play next to Kawhi for years. But last night was also about him undressing bigs, which was definitely nice to see. Parker is the best penetrator (lol) on the team, so having him ready and able to get into the paint while also being willing to not really control the ball is great.
Erin Barry agrees.

FromWayDowntown
04-09-2015, 02:24 PM

If Houston's adjustment is to move Ariza onto Parker, there should be plenty of opportunities for Danny and Kawhi to get going against Harden and whoever else McHale decides to play.

FkLA
04-09-2015, 02:32 PM
1. He is ready to defer totally to Kawhi (see his post game comments) and will play happy with 3 or 4 FGAs in a game.

Yeah, I don't know about all that. Asking Enrique to only shoot 3 or 4 times is like asking a crack addict to only take 3 or 4 hits. I think ~10 FGAs is a balanced number, it should keep his ego happy and also ensures that he doesn't go into hero mode.

2. If you dare him to beat the shit out of you by letting him operate focusing on stopping the other 4 or focusing on stopping Kawhi, you will pay the price. That's what Rockets did defending him straight up with Terry and Prio, results: 13/18.

Wait, was he the main focus of the opposing team the past 4-5 games where he didn't even hit double digits? :lol

He had a couple nice finishes over the bigs but lettuce be real, the main reason he went off is bc he had two 40 yr olds guarding him all game. He certainly doesn't pull that off on Beverly or other competent defenders.

hater
04-09-2015, 02:35 PM
Head of the snake

http://img.ozgameshop.com/clothing/tshirts/men/zed_thredz_cobra_kai_tshirt_medium_2_raw.jpg

BG_Spurs_Fan
04-09-2015, 02:37 PM
Wonder if McHale will dare to utilize a no-PG line-up for longer stretches. Harden can handle the ball so they can get away with it offensively and defensively they could put someone like Brewer on Parker, Ariza on Kawhi and hide Harden on Danny.

Houston no longer seem such a bad match-up for the Spurs. Actually the Spurs match-up pretty well with everyone. Great to see.

ElNono
04-09-2015, 02:39 PM
He was great last night, I hope his injury is not a concern going forward and he can find some consistency in his game. He was dominant last night, but you can't also ask him to do that night in and night out, just need some consistent play from him. I think he's been picking his spots wisely, and having his speed back is a big part of that.

Old School 44
04-09-2015, 02:39 PM
Head of the snake

http://img.ozgameshop.com/clothing/tshirts/men/zed_thredz_cobra_kai_tshirt_medium_2_raw.jpg

Sweep the leg!

will_spurs
04-09-2015, 02:47 PM
That's what I got from this game as well: dare Parker to shoot, and he will torch you with absurd efficiency (72% shooting...)

But bring sag off anybody else to bring some help defense and he'll dish it out to whoever's open for an open jumper (or even worse, a 3).

That has been the Spurs offensive equation for quite a while, but it needs a fully healthy Parker to work. So far the only way to stop it have been either a lockdown defender on Parker, or a big guy roaming the paint looking for blocks. However least year showed than even when that happens, the Spurs team ball is enough to beat anybody...

K...
04-09-2015, 02:55 PM
Dude what happened to your Parker-white-knighting shtick? JW. lol

I'm a free man. Can't put me in your player fan box. (I've already gotten my quota of pro Parker posts in today, also kawhi is god.)

FkLA
04-09-2015, 02:56 PM
I'm a free man. Can't put me in your player fan box. (I've already gotten my quota of pro Parker posts in today, also kawhi is god.)

That avatar is disturbing. The stuff that nightmares are made of tbh. :lol

dabom
04-09-2015, 02:58 PM

I like this version better tbh.

DMC
04-09-2015, 03:00 PM
and rape

gameFACE
04-09-2015, 03:06 PM
:lmao I've always liked Tony but that avatar is pretty funny

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/image.php?u=12977&dateline=1428602447

weebo
04-09-2015, 03:21 PM
If the Spurs continue to play the way they've been playing and Parker plays like he did last night, they'll run the table to another championship.

Malik Hairston
04-09-2015, 03:32 PM
Parker isn't going to play like he did last night consistently, he did it against a team with 2 40-year old starting PGs and no interior D when Howard was out..it's not a realistic expectation, as we saw last year..

However, Parker has been playing his role at a high level for the past few weeks..when he needs to shoot a lot and score, he has done it..when the rest of the team is playing well, he has stepped back, rather than dominating the ball(which was the case for the games prior to the Rockets game)..this isn't the 2012 and 2013 Spurs, where Parker needed to control everything, and he has adjusted well the past few weeks, better than he did last year IMO..

Last year's Spurs and this year's version are about exploiting mismatches, this team has a number of options..if Kawhi has the matchup advantage, he'll take it..Diaw has been running a ton of offense for the past few weeks, as well..Manu and the bench will always be there, too..

When Parker has the advantage, like he did last night, he should shoot as much as he can..a team like the Rockets doesn't have an alternative without Beverley..they have Ariza on Kawhi, and Howard on Duncan, thus making Parker, Diaw and Ginobili the primary options in that potential series IMO..

This team is extremely difficult to stop with the abundance of options..

Brazil
04-09-2015, 03:37 PM
Yeah, I don't know about all that. Asking Enrique to only shoot 3 or 4 times is like asking a crack addict to only take 3 or 4 hits. I think ~10 FGAs is a balanced number, it should keep his ego happy and also ensures that he doesn't go into hero mode.

I think it means you did not get what OP is about. True or not, he played couple of games taking 4 FGAs, declared in post game interview he is ready to defer. Message is I'm ready to accept that. Now if you want to discuss about the fact he means it or not, there is a thread dedicated to the quote for that.

Wait, was he the main focus of the opposing team the past 4-5 games where he didn't even hit double digits? :lol

He had a couple nice finishes over the bigs but lettuce be real, the main reason he went off is bc he had two 40 yr olds guarding him all game. He certainly doesn't pull that off on Beverly or other competent defenders.

Again irrelevant to OP.

Put shitty players on him, let him open he will punish you. If you plan to contain or put a good defender on him he will defer, that's it. OP is not defending parker or giving props... no need to ride your costume of "don't praise Parker for anything or I will launch truth nukes about 2 40 y/o defending him"

weeks
04-09-2015, 03:41 PM

you think cojo could have done that? Or patty? Nah. No way.

RD2191
04-09-2015, 03:42 PM
you think cojo could have done that? Or patty? Nah. No way.
Cojo? Hell no. A healthy Mills, probably.

Brazil
04-09-2015, 03:46 PM
Parker isn't going to play like he did last night consistently, he did it against a team with 2 40-year old starting PGs and no interior D when Howard was out..it's not a realistic expectation, as we saw last year..

However, Parker has been playing his role at a high level for the past few weeks..when he needs to shoot a lot and score, he has done it..when the rest of the team is playing well, he has stepped back, rather than dominating the ball(which was the case for the games prior to the Rockets game)..this isn't the 2012 and 2013 Spurs, where Parker needed to control everything, and he has adjusted well the past few weeks, better than he did last year IMO..

Last year's Spurs and this year's version are about exploiting mismatches, this team has a number of options..if Kawhi has the matchup advantage, he'll take it..Diaw has been running a ton of offense for the past few weeks, as well..Manu and the bench will always be there, too..

When Parker has the advantage, like he did last night, he should shoot as much as he can..a team like the Rockets doesn't have an alternative without Beverley..they have Ariza on Kawhi, and Howard on Duncan, thus making Parker, Diaw and Ginobili the primary options in that potential series IMO..

This team is extremely difficult to stop with the abundance of options..

could not say it better

the good news with recent parker plays is that offensively he is not a match up you can afford to not take into consideration. So the 5 starters or guys on the floor can punish you: green, kawhi, parker, tim even tiago, bobo... and this is a great news for Spurs chances to repeat

weeks
04-09-2015, 03:46 PM
Cojo? Hell no. A healthy Mills, probably.
Getting into the paint and scoring on Dwight? I dunno man. Patty needs his threes, but even from distance Parker is better this year .

Cojo had a damn good defensive game last night tho. If he plays like that more often patty is gonna have to work on his towel technique

Malik Hairston
04-09-2015, 03:49 PM
Well when Parker is on his game, he's still the best drive and kick guy on the team, and even with Kawhi's emergence, Parker and Ginobili are probably the only conventional drive and kick guys on the team, tbh..

It's a different wrinkle for the team, which is very useful for versatility, especially with matchups that ask for it..

Kawhi gives the team an ISO scorer that can post-up and operate in the middle of the floor, Diaw is the ultimate post mismatch, and Parker/Ginobili have the pick&roll/drive and kick game..

It's especially important because of Mills's ineffectiveness, of course, and Joseph just can't play offense consistently..

Cry Havoc
04-09-2015, 05:02 PM
and rape

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/athfwiki/images/9/94/Athfhandbanana.png/revision/latest?cb=20110124180818

RD2191
04-09-2015, 05:07 PM
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/athfwiki/images/9/94/Athfhandbanana.png/revision/latest?cb=20110124180818
http://weknowgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/black-kid-staring-gif.gif

sexinthatsx
04-09-2015, 07:28 PM
TBH just CIA Pop doing CIA things and telling Parker to publicly announce attention towards Kawhi when he was the one exploiting the depleted PG match up with the Rockets. It's fairly obvious Parker was the one that torched the Rockets yesterday and the Spurs are smart to deflect the attention from Parker to Kawhi so Rockets continue focusing their attention on Kawhi instead of Parker.

AFBlue
04-09-2015, 08:01 PM
Parker torched the Rockets with Howard on the floor. He made shots inside and out; don't want to hear about him exploiting old PGs. He beat the entire defense routinely yesterday. Good to know he's got those types of games in him still, considering defenses will start to key on Leonard. Pick your poison tbqh.