PDA

View Full Version : God forbid that Planned Parenthood..

SpursWoman
09-06-2005, 01:13 PM
...try to help women out who have lost everything. Those evil bastards.

link (http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewCulture.asp?Page=/Culture/archive/200509/CUL20050901a.html)

Contraceptives Giveaway Blasted
By Susan Jones
CNSNews.com Senior Editor
September 01, 2005

(CNSNews.com) - "Did you escape the hurricane without your birth control?" asks Planned Parenthood of Houston and Southeast Texas.

"As a courtesy to women fleeing Hurricane Katrina, we will offer one free cycle (one month) of birth control or one free Emergency Contraception kit to women" who come to a Houston-area Planned Parenthood clinic and produce a valid Louisiana or Mississippi driver's license.

The group's website says the offer is good until September 10.

The generosity does not impress a pro-life group that considers birth control pills and emergency contraception abortifacients.

"It is absolutely unconscionable that Planned Parenthood would use the tragedy of hurricane Katrina to push its shameless agenda on the American public," said Jim Sedlak, executive director of American Life League's STOPP International.

Thousands of people displaced by the Hurricane are being moved from the New Orleans Superdome to the Houston's Astrodome.

"In New York City in 2001, Planned Parenthood used the 9/11 attacks to publicize its programs by offering free contraceptives and abortions for the week after the terrorists struck," said Sedlak.

"Now the organization is exploiting one of the worst natural disasters in American history for cheap publicity by offering one month's supply of free birth control and so-called emergency contraception to victims of Katrina.

"If Planned Parenthood really wants to help, it should donate a portion of the millions of dollars in profits it makes every year to aid in the victims' plights," Sedlak said.

He called Planned Parenthood's latest stunt disgusting and inappropriate but not surprising: "The bottom line is that Planned Parenthood is out to promote its own agenda and will stop at nothing to take advantage of an opportunity to do so."

How the hell is this not appropriate? Do natural disasters now make women infertile? Or are you just not supposed to have sex until you get your life back together?

I believe this is one instance where you can definitely say that I most certainly do NOT follow the conservative line.

But it's the same old shit, I guess, from those that don't have a damn clue about how the Pill actually works.

mookie2001
09-06-2005, 01:15 PM
what a bunch of libby-leftist-leftys

SWC Bonfire
09-06-2005, 01:15 PM
What's the over/under on girls named Katrina nine months from now?

SpursWoman
09-06-2005, 01:16 PM
what a bunch of libby-leftist-leftys

huh?

SpursWoman
09-06-2005, 01:16 PM

I actually had a similar thought when I was reading that article. :lol

JohnnyMarzetti
09-06-2005, 01:24 PM
Are they to help with the screwing they are getting from this administration?

Dan Rather
09-06-2005, 01:26 PM
^ :lmao

I think it's is wrong to not help those women out,

Spurminator
09-06-2005, 02:31 PM
Guess this guy would probably oppose my platform of making birth control free and mandatory when I run for office.

SpursWoman
09-06-2005, 02:33 PM
Guess this guy would probably oppose my platform of making birth control free and mandatory when I run for office.

I'd still vote for you. :lol

The Ressurrected One
09-06-2005, 03:03 PM
Really, is fucking that much of a priority here?

SWC Bonfire
09-06-2005, 03:06 PM

Spurminator
09-06-2005, 03:10 PM

What does priority have to do with it?

SpursWoman
09-06-2005, 03:14 PM

Mark one down for the "No Physical Intimacy Until You Get Your Life Sorted Out" column.

You know babies don't really come from storks, right?

Nbadan
09-06-2005, 03:36 PM
Well, if you think that's bad, look at what the WH is doing to poverty and infant mortality...

The Larger Shame
By NICHOLAS D. KRISTOF
Published: September 6, 2005

The wretchedness coming across our television screens from Louisiana has illuminated the way children sometimes pay with their lives, even in America, for being born to poor families.

It has also underscored the Bush administration's ongoing reluctance or ineptitude in helping the poorest Americans. The scenes in New Orleans reminded me of the suffering I saw after a similar storm killed 130,000 people in Bangladesh in 1991 - except that Bangladesh's government showed more urgency in trying to save its most vulnerable citizens.

But Hurricane Katrina also underscores a much larger problem: the growing number of Americans trapped in a never-ending cyclone of poverty. And while it may be too early to apportion blame definitively for the mishandling of the hurricane, even President Bush's own administration acknowledges that America's poverty is worsening on his watch.

The U.S. Census Bureau reported a few days ago that the poverty rate rose again last year, with 1.1 million more Americans living in poverty in 2004 than a year earlier. After declining sharply under Bill Clinton, the number of poor people has now risen 17 percent under Mr. Bush.

If it's shameful that we have bloated corpses on New Orleans streets, it's even more disgraceful that the infant mortality rate in America's capital is twice as high as in China's capital. That's right - the number of babies who died before their first birthdays amounted to 11.5 per thousand live births in 2002 in Washington, compared with 4.6 in Beijing.

Indeed, according to the United Nations Development Program, an African-American baby in Washington has less chance of surviving its first year than a baby born in urban parts of the state of Kerala in India.

Under Mr. Bush, the national infant mortality rate has risen for the first time since 1958. The U.S. ranks 43rd in the world in infant mortality, according to the C.I.A.'s World Factbook; if we could reach the level of Singapore, ranked No. 1, we would save 18,900 children's lives each year.

Nicholas Kristoff, NY Times (http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/06/opinion/06kristof.html?th&emc=th)

Marcus Bryant
09-06-2005, 03:48 PM
Awesome. Now Bush is a baby killer.

:lol

SpursWoman
09-06-2005, 03:52 PM
Awesome. Now Bush is a baby killer.

You beat me to it... :lol

Obi wan Ginobili
09-06-2005, 03:55 PM
Rofl Dan, what would be his motive?

With people out there like you posting this crap...

If they had lived... that would be 18,000 more votes for his party.

Just saves you wishing they were dead later.

The Ressurrected One
09-06-2005, 03:58 PM
Mark one down for the "No Physical Intimacy Until You Get Your Life Sorted Out" column.

You know babies don't really come from storks, right?
I'm just saying...if you've lost your contraceptive and you don't want to have a baby, wouldn't it be prudent to wait until you get them...is it that much of a dire emergency that you get yer hole poked?

SpursWoman
09-06-2005, 04:12 PM
I'm just saying...if you've lost your contraceptive and you don't want to have a baby, wouldn't it be prudent to wait until you get them...is it that much of a dire emergency that you get yer hole poked?

Sure. But the sex lives of others really shouldn't be any of your damn business, should it?

The Ressurrected One
09-06-2005, 04:19 PM
Sure. But the sex lives of others really shouldn't be any of your damn business, should it?
Nope. I just think its a silly priority to be worried about at the moment. Sue me.

FromWayDowntown
09-06-2005, 04:21 PM

Particularly when a private organization does nothing more than make contraceptives available. It's not as if PP is forcing people to take contraceptives. If some choose not to engage in intercourse while reorganizing their lives, so be it. If couples choose to engage in unprotected intercourse while reorganizing their lives so be it. If individuals wish to engage in intercourse, but would prefer that they be protected against pregnancy, what difference does it make to any of us that a private organization is willing to provide contraception?

The Ressurrected One
09-06-2005, 04:38 PM
Let me caveat my last response by saying that if the other person's sex life is supported by tax dollars, hell yeah, it's my business.

SWC Bonfire
09-06-2005, 04:41 PM
Let me caveat my last response by saying that if the other person's sex life is supported by tax dollars, hell yeah, it's my business.

Yes, it certainly is bad for responsible people wanting to delay having children with a significant other until after they are done living in a damn sports arena, or at a relative's house, or in a house flooded with water. :rolleyes

Think of it as a good investment in not having to pay as many welfare dollars in the immediate future.

ChumpDumper
09-06-2005, 04:44 PM
Let me caveat my last response by saying that if the other person's sex life is supported by tax dollars, hell yeah, it's my business.How do you know it is? And how would you like to monitor that?

SpursWoman
09-06-2005, 04:44 PM
Nope. I just think its a silly priority to be worried about at the moment. Sue me.

Who made it a priority other than the American Life League? It was an article that I came across that I thought was ridiculous. WTF? If you don't like the topic, then get out of the thread...it's not that difficult.

SpursWoman
09-06-2005, 04:46 PM

By that response I'm surprised you weren't first in line to pass them out. :rolleyes

ChumpDumper
09-06-2005, 04:48 PM
HOUSTON, TX -- TRO has just sent a shipment of 3,000 chastity belts to the Astrodome.

"It's a start," he said wistfully.

SpursWoman
09-06-2005, 04:49 PM
HOUSTON, TX -- TRO has just sent a shipment of 3,000 chastity belts to the Astrodome.

"It's a start," he said wistfully.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Jelly
09-06-2005, 04:49 PM

err...you don't think maybe some of these people could stand to release some stress?

SpursWoman
09-06-2005, 04:52 PM
err...you don't think maybe some of these people could stand to release some stress?

I think TRO is under the misconception (pun intended) that only single, loose women use the birth control pill.

The Ressurrected One
09-06-2005, 04:56 PM
Damn, couldn't they have just gone to the local Junior High and broke into the condom dispensers?

SWC Bonfire
09-06-2005, 04:56 PM

I think TRO is under the misconception (pun intended) that only single, loose women use the birth control pill.

Yes, some married, loose women also use the birth control pill. :lol

Shelly
09-06-2005, 05:08 PM

:angel

Spurminator
09-06-2005, 06:02 PM

What is a child worth in Welfare dollars?

Spurminator
09-06-2005, 06:03 PM

Some married, chaste women use them as well, for whatever reason.

Useruser666
09-06-2005, 06:10 PM
They make great balloons you know!

SpursWoman
09-06-2005, 07:46 PM
They make great balloons you know!

Birth control pills? :lol

They're good for drain-stoppers, too. :fro

SpursWoman
09-06-2005, 07:46 PM
Some married, chaste women use them as well, for whatever reason.

Sorry to hear that, man. :spin