PDA

View Full Version : LaMarcus Aldridge A Lot More In Play’ Than Expected In Free Agency

still.focused
04-09-2015, 09:19 PM
One of the biggest names in the NBA set to hit the open market this summer is LaMarcus Aldridge of the Portland Trail Blazers. Aldridge will get to test the free agent waters and may be more attainable then once thought.

– Think You Know Everything About Kobe Bryant? Take The Ultimate Kobe Quiz! –

The consensus seems to be that Aldridge will simply re-sign with the Blazers this summer, but ESPN’s Ramona Shelburne believes the veteran power forward might head elsewhere. Shelburne made an appearance on 710 ESPN’s Mason and Ireland on Wednesday and was asked about what NBA rumors might be floating around. Shelburne said the following about Aldridge’s future:

“I think LaMarcus Aldridge is actually a lot more in play than people think.

“You have that group there. How can you really improve that group up in Portland? I think Neil [Olshey] has done a great job up there, but it’s Portland, he’s never quite fit in and they’ve made it really clear that Damian Lillard is the face of their franchise.”

If Aldridge is attainable as Shelburne suggests, it’d be safe to assume the Los Angeles Lakers would be interested in his services this summer. Aldridge is arguably one of the best power forwards in the game today with potentially a lot of basketball left in him.

All the rumors surrounding the Lakers intentions heading into the off-season have the team targeting Rajon Rondo and Goran Dragic in free agency, but Aldridge could become a priority if truly there for the taking.

Aldridge is having yet another solid season for the Blazers averaging 23.4 points (career-high) and 10.3 rebounds per game in 68 games played this season. Aldridge, Greg Monroe and Marc Gasol will be the most sought after frontcourt players on the open market come July with all three set to become unrestricted free agents as of July 1.

http://www.lakersnation.com/nba-rumors-lamarcus-aldridge-a-lot-more-in-play-than-expected-in-free-agency/2015/04/09/

I stil rather Gasol but he aint leaving unless all members of the Mephpis' FO collectively stabs him in a liquor & heroin induced back alley scuffle over who was supposed to pay for the hookers. A man can only dream.

Beaverfuzz
04-09-2015, 09:23 PM
Aldridge has to learn how to post up if he wants to get anywhere in the playoffs. Every year, there's a glimpse of it during the first few games, but down the stretch he reverts to to playing outside like a small forward. Even Dirk can post up.

DesignatedT
04-09-2015, 09:27 PM
Duncan's coming back for the 3 peat.

Uriel
04-09-2015, 09:42 PM
:lol :tu

Darius McCrary
04-09-2015, 09:45 PM
Come home to Texas MarcusMarcus

100%duncan
04-09-2015, 09:53 PM

K...
04-09-2015, 10:01 PM
So basically Ramona Shelburne, wants to have something to talk about on a radio spot.

She makes it up. Not even an "i spoke with a friend of the agent who hinted" just "portland sucks, Tlong blows, he gotta want to be Laker"

Classic journalism there

sananspursfan21
04-09-2015, 10:03 PM
:lol :tu

don't laugh, this is serious

apalisoc_9
04-09-2015, 10:05 PM
don't really want him.

I'd rather have horford or more importantly a scoring Guard.

UZER
04-09-2015, 10:07 PM
So basically Ramona Shelburne, wants to have something to talk about on a radio spot.

She makes it up. Not even an "i spoke with a friend of the agent who hinted" just "portland sucks, Tlong blows, he gotta want to be Laker"

Classic journalism there

Classic ESPN journalism.

Clipper Nation
04-09-2015, 10:10 PM
Aldridge is a soft, overrated chucker. Do it, Chazz!

Mel_13
04-09-2015, 10:11 PM

Classic journalism there

+1

Not even a rumor, just Ramona thinking out loud.

Once it gets repeated by at least one other "journalist", Broussard will be telling us about how he has multiple sources that say Aldridge is in play.

100%duncan
04-09-2015, 10:13 PM
Yup
+1

Not even a rumor, just Ramona thinking out loud.

Once it gets repeated by at least one other "journalist", Broussard will be telling us about how he has multiple sources that say Aldridge is in play.

apalisoc_9
04-09-2015, 10:13 PM
Also, this guys have terrible sources. They have never gotten anything right before.

Aldridge is staying in portland I am 100% sure.

ElNono
04-09-2015, 10:39 PM
Stopped reading at Ramona Shelburne...

ElNono
04-09-2015, 10:41 PM
Also, LMA is soft AF defensively... even with Lopez trying to cover his ass, Portland usually gets scored on in the paint like crazy...

100%duncan
04-09-2015, 10:52 PM
Also, LMA is soft AF defensively... even with Lopez trying to cover his ass, Portland usually gets scored on in the paint like crazy...

Whats with this "af" thing tbh? U ma nig but that makes people sound like faggots tbh.

HI-FI
04-09-2015, 10:54 PM
R. Shelboune >> E. Murrow

ElNono
04-09-2015, 10:56 PM
Whats with this "af" thing tbh? U ma nig but that makes people sound like faggots tbh.

What's with it? It's an expression + laziness to type it out. Don't know how you translate that into filipino, tbh...

go fight robdiaz, tbh... :ihit

100%duncan
04-09-2015, 10:57 PM
What's with it? It's an expression + laziness to type it out. Don't know how you translate that into filipino, tbh...

go fight robdiaz, tbh... :ihit

U and rob are my dudes

SpurPadre
04-09-2015, 11:05 PM
LeBron will rig it again to where he gets Aldridge AND Gasol, tbh.

SnakeBoy
04-09-2015, 11:11 PM

LMA would've been a beast on both ends under Pop's tutelage. Too old now to change his stripes though.

spurraider21
04-09-2015, 11:14 PM
but ESPN’s Ramona Shelburne believes the veteran power forward might head elsewhere. Shelburne made an appearance on 710 ESPN’s Mason and Ireland
:lmao shelburne is a terrible reporter. i find mason and ireland to be a pretty funny show, but they don't know jack about sports. oh and did i mention shelburne is terrible?

goliath
04-09-2015, 11:16 PM
Right after the all star break Zach Lowe was on a podcast, I think the BS report, and basically reported the same. He said that the talk around all star weekend was that Aldridge was much more in play than people thought and that it wasn't a foregone conclusion that he resigns in Portland like most think. He also said that he thought he would probably resign but that there was a belief that the spurs would be the most likely destination due to his respect for the franchise and him being from texas.

Sean Cagney
04-09-2015, 11:21 PM
LeBron will rig it again to where he gets Aldridge AND Gasol, tbh.
That would not shock me.

AFBlue
04-10-2015, 12:01 AM
If it ain't TSpence it ain't shhhh....

AFBlue
04-10-2015, 12:06 AM
Right after the all star break Zach Lowe was on a podcast, I think the BS report, and basically reported the same. He said that the talk around all star weekend was that Aldridge was much more in play than people thought and that it wasn't a foregone conclusion that he resigns in Portland like most think. He also said that he thought he would probably resign but that there was a belief that the spurs would be the most likely destination due to his respect for the franchise and him being from texas.

If Duncan retires, going after LMA is a no-brainer...stretch-4 that can flat out score. Would fit really well alongside Splitter.

weeks
04-10-2015, 01:31 AM
– Think You Know Everything About Kobe Bryant? Take The Ultimate Kobe Quiz! –

:flipoff:flipoff

Horry Hipcheck
04-10-2015, 03:09 AM
“You have that group there. How can you really improve that group up in Portland?

Fill positions 6-10, tbh

MI21
04-10-2015, 03:19 AM
Aldridge has some pretty serious flaws but I would more than gladly take him on the Spurs.

koriwhat
04-10-2015, 03:54 AM
that makes people sound like faggots tbh.

U and rob are my dudes

oh the irony.

100%duncan
04-10-2015, 03:57 AM
oh the irony.

Do you have a life outside the net tbh? What do you call your friends? Fellow calftatters?

koriwhat
04-10-2015, 04:25 AM
Do you have a life outside the net tbh? What do you call your friends? Fellow calftatters?

lol this coming from mr18k... btw im out in a different city waiting to work a convention tomorrow, how about you?

koriwhat
04-10-2015, 04:28 AM
just checked your join date and i signed up a yr later... no life scrub is that you?

100%duncan
04-10-2015, 04:57 AM
lol this coming from mr18k... btw im out in a different city waiting to work a convention tomorrow, how about you?

In the airport in SA flyin back home tbh. Im not nolyfe we hate each other actually

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
04-10-2015, 06:35 AM
:spin LA might leave Portland, but it hell sure won't be for the Lakers. Did they just drafted Randle at that position. Nobody wants to go near that mess of a Franchise until Kobe retires and that's the truth.

Seventyniner
04-10-2015, 07:55 AM

Broussard really will have multiple sources...Ramona Shelburne and TSpence.

Then TSpence will have multiple sources...Ramona Shelburne and Broussard.

RD2191
04-10-2015, 08:19 AM
:lmaoMah nigga:toast

RD2191
04-10-2015, 08:20 AM
are calf tats your specialty?

100%duncan
04-10-2015, 10:25 AM

Calf tats convention. Funny how he thinks going to a work's conevention is supposed to be something special. If anything it means he's just a bitch at work that can afford to go away cos he doesnt do important shit

Richie
04-10-2015, 10:29 AM
Would be ecstatic to land Aldridge. I think Gasol is the better fit but honestly, either one would be incredible.

RD2191
04-10-2015, 10:47 AM
Calf tats convention. Funny how he thinks going to a work's conevention is supposed to be something special. If anything it means he's just a bitch at work that can afford to go away cos he doesnt do important shit
:lmaoso true. at least you can afford a vacation and to watch the spurs a few games in a row.

Seventyniner
04-10-2015, 10:54 AM
The only scenario in which LMA leaves is in play: the Blazers have a late season collapse and get beat 4-0 or 4-1 in the first round. It's still not likely that he leaves, though.

100%duncan
04-10-2015, 10:57 AM
:lmaoso true. at least you can afford a vacation and to watch the spurs a few games in a row.

My dude tbh :lol

MateoNeygro
04-10-2015, 11:04 AM
Why is this in the Spurs forum? WE ARE NOT GETTING ANY BIG NAME FREE AGENTS. It's pointless to even talk about what ifs.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
04-10-2015, 11:30 AM
Why is this in the Spurs forum? WE ARE NOT GETTING ANY BIG NAME FREE AGENTS. It's pointless to even talk about what ifs.

Yes the Spurs are...... Kawhi, Green and Duncan.

MateoNeygro
04-10-2015, 11:36 AM
Yes the Spurs are...... Kawhi, Green and Duncan.

Lol well played.

K...
04-10-2015, 12:04 PM

It's tradition. This thread might not get ten pages but a future la Marcus thread will. You can't fight the tides. You can only hope that saint tspense appears and gives us the signs of which free agent will sign.

MateoNeygro
04-10-2015, 12:16 PM
It's tradition. This thread might not get ten pages but a future la Marcus thread will. You can't fight the tides. You can only hope that saint tspense appears and gives us the signs of which free agent will sign.

lol you're right. I don't know why I even try.

SPM
04-10-2015, 12:29 PM
This dumb bitch Ramona Shelbourne is the most unreliable NBA "insider" out there.... Chris Broussard laughs at her credentials. But let's pretend that this story is legit (it isn't) LA would find his way to one place and one place only.......... Dallas. Cuban would do whatever it takes.

No way in hell he leaves Portland

Chinook
04-10-2015, 03:09 PM
I think the rising cap actually increases the likelihood of players leaving. LMA might end up signing a Lebron-like deal this off-season and cash in on the 2017 mega cap. In that scenario, the extra Bird raise and the extra year do not really matter. The problem is that it's extremely hard to see the Spurs making the room for a max deal while also keeping the rest of their youngish core. One of Green/Mills(and Jospeh)/Diaw has to go for this to work financially. Almost not worth it then.

Sean Cagney
04-10-2015, 03:11 PM
:spin LA might leave Portland, but it hell sure won't be for the Lakers. Did they just drafted Randle at that position. Nobody wants to go near that mess of a Franchise until Kobe retires and that's the truth.

I love it :lol

You are probably dead on 100% accurate there, they add pieces but no big name FA signs in SA and thats just a fact. We got some older players who used to be stars like Finley later on and got a medium tier type FA once in Derek Anderson who was up and coming to great role players like Barry and Horry, never a superstar though. They have had so called interest in coming to SA but always choose somewhere else and it usually turns out to be just fine. When a FA stiffs the Spurs like Maggette did and a few others their career usually fizzles out fast afterwards and we could care less if we got them or not (Webber as well).

koriwhat
04-11-2015, 04:24 AM
In the airport in SA flyin back home tbh. Im not nolyfe we hate each other actually

:lmaoMah nigga:toast

My dude tbh :lol

The rippin' and the tearin'. You silly fresas. :)

koriwhat
04-11-2015, 04:26 AM
I don't do anything but can afford to get away. Logic -101.