PDA

View Full Version : Amateur: Guests @ Dubs Sponsored by Tlong's Love of Animals

Robz4000
04-09-2015, 11:26 PM
Dubs have been underwhelming lately (really since March started imo), yet Guests will be guests. Who y'all got?

Silver&Black
04-09-2015, 11:29 PM
Been a pretty decent game so far....mainly because both teams aren't playing any defense.

Robz4000
04-09-2015, 11:31 PM
Been a pretty decent game so far....mainly because both teams aren't playing any defense.

Its part of the reason I can't see the Dubs winning; early on they played great D but as the season's progressed their defense has disappeared. We'll see if it returns in the playoffs but I'm doubting it.

RD2191
04-09-2015, 11:34 PM
Its part of the reason I can't see the Dubs winning; early on they played great D but as the season's progressed their defense has disappeared. We'll see if it returns in the playoffs but I'm doubting it.
That's what I've been saying about the dubs all season. They've been ranked in the top 10 defensively for the past few seasons yet it hasn't translated to playoff success.

Silver&Black
04-09-2015, 11:35 PM

IDK...that is to be determined. They might just be coasting right now....either that or still celebrating that Regular Season Championship.

midnightpulp
04-09-2015, 11:35 PM
Hard to get an accurate appraisal of the Warriors right now. Don't know if they're just coasting since they have the number 1 seed locked up or if they're actually hitting a wall.

Clipper Nation
04-09-2015, 11:37 PM
Hard to get an accurate appraisal of the Warriors right now. Don't know if they're just coasting since they have the number 1 seed locked up or if they're actually hitting a wall.

The whole "already got the seed locked up" is just an excuse from a team and fanbase that's full of them. They've been playing their starters against West playoff teams and looking extremely ordinary at the wrong time.

spurraider21
04-09-2015, 11:39 PM
That's what I've been saying about the dubs all season. They've been ranked in the top 10 defensively for the past few seasons yet it hasn't translated to playoff success.
as we know, bogut is probably the most important defensive player on their team (slightly more than Green), and he missed the playoffs last year. go look at deandre jordan's numbers from the first round

01Snake
04-09-2015, 11:39 PM
Gonna be epic when the Dubs go down in flames in the playoffs.

RD2191
04-09-2015, 11:41 PM
as we know, bogut is probably the most important defensive player on their team (slightly more than Green), and he missed the playoffs last year. go look at deandre jordan's numbers from the first round
What about the year before that? Don't remember if he was injured.

RD2191
04-09-2015, 11:42 PM
Gonna be epic when the Dubs go down in flames in the playoffs.
:lolespn will shut down for a while imo. They've been sucking GS dick all season.

Robz4000
04-09-2015, 11:42 PM

Thing is their defense has been below average for a couple months now. Offensively they're elite (in a high-paced game) but the defense has been dropping. Read somewhere a couple weeks ago their def eff has fallen to 16th in the league since ASB. The eye test suggests the same.

midnightpulp
04-09-2015, 11:43 PM
The whole "already got the seed locked up" is just an excuse from a team and fanbase that's full of them. They've been playing their starters against West playoff teams and looking extremely ordinary at the wrong time.

I'm hoping.

Malik Hairston
04-09-2015, 11:44 PM
I don't really buy the Warriors or Hawks decline yet, tbh..maybe it's true, but I don't think you can base the assumption on these meaningless games, both teams were virtual locks for 1st a long time ago..

Silver&Black
04-09-2015, 11:45 PM
:lolespn will shut down for a while imo. They've been sucking GS dick all season.

It will be a national holiday for ST though :hat

Venti Quattro
04-09-2015, 11:47 PM
:lol The Warriors just had a 12-game winning streak before hitting a little bump with SA and NO.

I wouldn't be too concerned with them. The concerns right now are just much ado about nothing.

RD2191
04-09-2015, 11:48 PM
It will be a national holiday for ST though :hat
:hat

spurraider21
04-09-2015, 11:49 PM
What about the year before that? Don't remember if he was injured.
year before that they were the #13 defensive team... pretty average. and they did give the spurs a solid fight tbh

Robz4000
04-09-2015, 11:50 PM
:lol The Warriors just had a 12-game winning streak before hitting a little bump with SA and NO.

I wouldn't be too concerned with them. The concerns right now are just much ado about nothing.

Who'd they beat on that streak besides a dying Mavs team and Clippers team that chokes regularly? Like I said, their offense is still elite, but that isn't enough to win in the playoffs.

Silver&Black
04-09-2015, 11:50 PM
Wingstop® gonna shit all over this cute little regular season team...

01Snake
04-09-2015, 11:51 PM
Does that faggot ever stop chewing on that damn mouthpiece?

Silver&Black
:wow Afflalo said he "felt something tear"

Clipper Nation
Another lame excuse. DeContract held his own against Bogut in the regular season that year. His numbers wouldn't have been quite as good with Bogut playing, but we still would have won the series.

Warriors = lots of trash talk, lots of excuses, and nothing to show for it when it matters.

Robz4000
:wow Guests just lost Afflalo...

Starting to hope the Spurs get that 5th seed.

RD2191
04-09-2015, 11:53 PM
year before that they were the #13 defensive team... pretty average. and they did give the spurs a solid fight tbh
Could of sworn they were top 10. We'll they better hope bogut doesn't get injured. And it was only 1 game but their defense looked pretty shitty against the Spurs.

Robz4000
04-09-2015, 11:53 PM
Curry's shot is pretty damn pure tho...

spurraider21
04-09-2015, 11:55 PM
in last year's playoffs due to injury to Bogut, Ezeli, and even Jermaine O'Neal, they had to start David Lee at CENTER :lol

deandre jordan in the series...

http://i.gyazo.com/0e9bd55abcb3803cd1c07e5ded8242ca.png

spurraider21
04-09-2015, 11:55 PM
Could of sworn they were top 10. We'll they better hope bogut doesn't get injured. And it was only 1 game but their defense looked pretty shitty against the Spurs.
they were last season, not in 12-13

Venti Quattro
04-09-2015, 11:56 PM
Who'd they beat on that streak besides a dying Mavs team and Clippers team that chokes regularly? Like I said, their offense is still elite, but that isn't enough to win in the playoffs.

Their defense has sagged off but they still have a +10 point differential. You can't expect teams to go out 100% every game tbh. There will be a stretch where even great teams will look mediocre. Spurs, Heat, Lakers have these stretches. I remember when the Lakers would always lose to shit teams and scrubs would light them up. This was in the midst of their championship form. Also, the Dubs still limit their opponents to under a hundred per game.

And...

:lmao :lmao :lmao Curry taking a wet shit on Portland

Silver&Black
Non-Issue

FkLA
little Elian Gonzalez just done locked up the MVP imho

Malik Hairston
Curry is ridiculous, tbh..

Malik Hairston
04-09-2015, 11:57 PM
Spurs better be ready for Harden tomorrow, it's his last chance at an MVP statement game, tbh:lol..

RD2191
04-09-2015, 11:57 PM
Curry is ridiculous against everyone but the Spurs.

Clipper Nation
04-09-2015, 11:58 PM
Curry with the Regular-Season Three-Point Shooting Championship... when's the parade scheduled for?

spurraider21
good thing for us :lol

BanditHiro

Danny Green is his kryptonite

Silver&Black
Goddamn Curry....

45 pts
17/23 FG
8/13 3-PT FG
9 ast

Robz4000
04-09-2015, 11:59 PM
Their defense has sagged off but they still have a +10 point differential. You can't expect teams to go out 100% every game tbh. There will be a stretch where even great teams will look mediocre. Also, they still limit their opponents to under a hundred per game.

And...

:lmao :lmao :lmao Curry taking a wet shit on Portland

They haven't been since the ASB tho. Like I said, they've been getting by from the strength of their offense. Point differential has also become a misleading stat imo, seeing as the amount of tanking/mediocre teams the past few years has been so large.

RD2191
04-09-2015, 11:59 PM
Danny Green is his kryptonite
Yup

RD2191
04-10-2015, 12:00 AM
good thing for us :lol
:lol

Venti Quattro

Klay was the one who was shit the bed against the Spurs. To me Steph played a decent game while Klay just had a hard time overall against Green and Leonard

spurraider21
Point differential has also become a misleading stat imo, seeing as the amount of tanking/mediocre teams the past few years has been so large.
that would be true if there wasn't such a disparity between them and #2...

apalisoc_9
04-10-2015, 12:02 AM
Spurs better be ready for Harden tomorrow, it's his last chance at an MVP statement game, tbh:lol..

Good for spurs IMO.

I like playing against teams with individuals aspiring for individual brilliance. easier to defend.

Robz4000
04-10-2015, 12:03 AM
that would be true if there wasn't such a disparity between them and #2...

Like I said, a lot of mediocre teams. If not for injuries the Spurs, Dubs, and Thunder would have ~58-60 wins while seeds 4-8 would be around 50.

Silver&Black
04-10-2015, 12:04 AM
little Elian Gonzalez just done locked up the MVP imho

:lmao

RD2191
Klay was the one who was shit the bed against the Spurs. To me Steph played a decent game while Klay just had a hard time overall against Green and Leonard
I don't know. I went back to look at Currys regular season numbers against the Spurs and they were all pretty pedestrian. He shot a good percentage but it seemed like he never took a high amount of shots. I'd like to think the Spurs did a got job getting the ball out of his hands.

spurraider21
Like I said, a lot of mediocre teams. If not for injuries the Spurs, Dubs, and Thunder would have ~58-60 wins while seeds 4-8 would be around 50.
and like i said, if there were so many bad/mediocre teams, there would be more teams with ridiculously high point differentials, but GSW leads that stat by a considerable margin

FkLA

He had that little stretch where he scored like 10 straight vs Enrique early in the 3rd Qtr. Once Pop stuck Green/Kawhi on him he went scoreless the rest of the quarter.

Venti Quattro
04-10-2015, 12:05 AM
They haven't been since the ASB tho. Like I said, they've been getting by from the strength of their offense. Point differential has also become a misleading stat imo, seeing as the amount of tanking/mediocre teams the past few years has been so large.

Every year we have a late-season stretch where teams which are bad and just decide to park and lose a lot of games. This isn't an anomaly or a misleading thing, it's called tanking.

Winning percentage + margin of victory + points allowed per game are not good measures of quality individually, but when you look at it together, I think it is a good barometer of a team's direction. Put together that tells me that a team is beating a lot of opponents by decent margins and they are not allowing them to score a ton of points.

However, I agree with you, the comparison probably isn't comprehensive as I think we should have the same comparison for the Warriors against playoff-bound teams. But when you see that the Warriors are 29-9 against teams that are over .500...

Robz4000
04-10-2015, 12:07 AM
and like i said, if there were so many bad/mediocre teams, there would be more teams with ridiculously high point differentials, but GSW leads that stat by a considerable margin

Look at the standings: seeds 2-6 are basically even. That's not because they're all great teams (outside the Spurs), but because the level of competition in the West is subpar.

Robz4000
04-10-2015, 12:13 AM
Every year we have a late-season stretch where teams which are bad and just decide to park and lose a lot of game. This isn't an anomaly, it's called tanking.

Winning percentage + margin of victory + points allowed per game are not good measures of quality individually, but when you look at it together, I think it is a good barometer of a team's direction. Put together that tells me that a team is beating a lot of opponents by decent margins and they are not allowing them to score a ton of points.

However, I agree with you, the comparison probably isn't comprehensive as I think we should have the same comparison for the Warriors against playoff-bound teams. But when you see that the Warriors are 29-9 against teams that are over .500...

IIRC, the 2010-2011 Spurs had a high point differential and good record against teams above .500. Not saying it's a similar circumstance since this Dubs team has much more talent and better defensive players on the perimeter, but their styles of play are pretty similar and once the pace slowed down for the Spurs that year they got exposed. They prolly would've gotten farther if Manu wasn't hurt but I don't see them winning it all.

Venti Quattro
04-10-2015, 12:13 AM
Steph Curry broke Ray Allen's season three point record in 2013, against the Blazers.

Steph Curry broke his own season three point record tonight............ against the Blazers.

:lmao Guests

:lol tlongII

Stevie Johnson
04-10-2015, 12:14 AM
Curry with the Regular-Season Three-Point Shooting Championship... when's the parade scheduled for?
Shut up dude

Clipper Nation
04-10-2015, 12:17 AM
:cry Shut up dude :cry

Venti Quattro
04-10-2015, 12:18 AM
IIRC, the 2010-2011 Spurs had a high point differential and good record against teams above .500. Not saying it's a similar circumstance since this Dubs team has much more talent and better defensive players on the perimeter, but their styles of play are pretty similar and once the pace slowed down for the Spurs that year they got exposed. They prolly would've gotten farther if Manu wasn't hurt but I don't see them winning it all.

The playoffs are all about match-ups and the Spurs never knew what hit them from the start of that series. So far the only team that can match-up with the Dubs are probably the Spurs. I love the Grizzlies (especially in 2k, bitches can't beat me when I'm using the Grizz :lmao :lmao) but Golden State is going to obliterate them because they can't shoot for shit. Their strength lies in Klay and Steph (duh) and the Spurs have perimeter stoppers who can put the clamps on them, so if both teams make it to the West Finals, I'd be scared to wager money on any team.

Venti Quattro
04-10-2015, 12:20 AM
Shut up dude

Clipper Asian is just frustrated that his cute little team is now known league-wide as the cute little bitches due to their incessant whining and entitlement despite having ZERO notable achievements in the entire history of the franchise.

UZER
04-10-2015, 12:22 AM
GS fans are like teenage boys just starting to grow the fuzz mustache. They think they're so cool but they ain't even touched a boob yet.

Silver&Black
04-10-2015, 12:23 AM
GS fans are like teenage boys just starting to grow the fuzz mustache. They think they're so cool but they ain't even touched a boob yet.

RD2191

Stevie Johnson
LOL when the Dubs beat the Spurs

Robz4000

:lol apt comparison

Stevie Johnson
04-10-2015, 12:24 AM
And you're an idiot

Clipper Nation
04-10-2015, 12:25 AM
Clipper Asian is just frustrated that his cute little team is now known league-wide as the cute little bitches due to their incessant whining and entitlement despite having ZERO notable achievements in the entire history of the franchise.

Lakerfan has officially found a new cock to ride... congrats.

Robz4000
04-10-2015, 12:26 AM
Damn Stevie Johnson, why so serious?

Stevie Johnson
04-10-2015, 12:27 AM
Lakerfan has officially found a new cock to ride... congrats.
You are one to talk LOL. Riding the Spurs cock :rollin.

Venti Quattro
04-10-2015, 12:28 AM

That's every fan of a team on the rise every year. Of course you get cock blocked when you lose in the playoffs. Or is that called the friend zone now by the kids?

In the end, only one will get to go home and fuck the chick all summer long.

UZER
04-10-2015, 12:36 AM
That's every fan of a team of a team on the rise every year. Of course you get cock blocked when you lose in the playoffs. Or is that called the friend zone now by the kids?

In the end, only one will get to go home and fuck the chick all summer long.

There's getting excited and rooting for your team with the hope of winning. Then there's acting like you da champs when you haven't even passed the second round.

GS fans are the latter.

100%duncan
04-10-2015, 04:06 AM

:rollin

Killakobe81
04-10-2015, 06:12 AM
You are one to talk LOL. Riding the Spurs cock :rollin.

This. haven't even wiped LeBron's jizz from his mouth and he on Spur dick ...