PDA

View Full Version : _Now that the lakers are soft? who are the Spurs nemesis?_

Dan Rather
09-06-2005, 01:32 PM
Do the Spurs even have one? I remember the glory days of Spurs VS Lakers.

But now I don't see anyone out there that can be a real nemesis,

can you?

Thanks

2centsworth
09-06-2005, 01:33 PM
The laker legacy. Spurs should strive for legendary status.

Dex
09-06-2005, 01:37 PM
Mavericks
Suns
Pistons

None of these storylines are nearly as rich as the rivalry with the Lakers was, but that took quite a few seasons to develop. The only one of those teams that we have a real history with is the Mavericks, and I see this season spicing things up even more along I-35 with the Pop/Avery and the NVE/MF factors thrown into the mix.

Houston and Miami might be able to juice up a rivalry, too, depending on what they do this season. The games against the Rockets were big tickets last year, and anywhere Shaq goes, a rivalry is sure to follow.

Dan Rather
09-06-2005, 01:52 PM
Maybe it will be anyone who knocks off the Spurs in the first round of the playoffs?

Dex
09-06-2005, 01:58 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao

This just in: Dan Rather's on crack again.

KEDA
09-06-2005, 02:01 PM
Any team that MOUSE is behind!

CosmicCowboy
09-06-2005, 02:04 PM
Houston could be a very tough team this year.

thispego
09-06-2005, 02:07 PM
Houston will be a bunch of badasses, i assure you that

nkdlunch
09-06-2005, 02:13 PM
Houston will be a bunch of badasses, i assure you that

Badasses? :lol

http://www.nba.com/media/rockets/ming_jersey1.jpghttp://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2005-01/22/xin_0101022211373801251112.jpg

thispego
09-06-2005, 02:19 PM
Yao isnt that bad
tmac and stromile are going to be great together

nkdlunch
09-06-2005, 02:22 PM
They're good I just wouldn't use the word badass to describe them.

They look like a team of giant nerds. Yao looks like he's about to pull out his calculator and TMac looks like Urkle

GoSpurs21
09-06-2005, 02:23 PM
I would say the Suns since we have met them twice in the playoffs the last 3 years, but until a western team other than the lakers beats the Spurs in the playoffs, its going be hard to call them a rival

CubanMustGo
09-06-2005, 02:27 PM
Yao is supposed to have bulked up some over the offseason (wouldn't be hard). If he can play a bit tougher, that combined with their FA signings should make them a much more dangerous team.

Dex
09-06-2005, 02:34 PM
Already got tickets to the Houston preseasoner. Finally get to see how big Yao looks in person.

That's one storyline that I'm really interested to see how it will pan out this year. Houston looks like a strong team on paper. We'll see if they can do anything with it.

jermaine7fan
09-06-2005, 02:35 PM
Pacers.

ShoogarBear
09-06-2005, 02:35 PM
Houston games are always tough, and we've never beaten them in the playoffs.

thispego
09-06-2005, 02:38 PM

They look like a team of giant nerds. Yao looks like he's about to pull out his calculator and TMac looks like Urkle
Steve Urkle? or Stephon UrKel

looks can be deceiving, they'll be very good this year

ManuTastic
09-06-2005, 02:54 PM
Miami. Because of Shaq and his 'guarantees.' Also because they're the anti-SA: trying to build a championship through 'stars', not hard work. :jack

I do like Flash, though. :fro

1Parker1
09-06-2005, 03:01 PM

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Victor Newman
09-06-2005, 03:05 PM
It will be Dallas , since you stole thier Billy Ocean.

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-06-2005, 03:08 PM
Well, I would love for a revival of the Rockets rivalry, especially since that would be four games a year, two of which I might be able to attend! If the Pistons could maintain their team for a few years to come that would be great, but I don't think that Flip will be able to hold that team together like Larry. If Denver can develop some of their talent a little better maybe they could fill that billing.

ManuTastic
09-06-2005, 03:10 PM
It will be Dallas , since you stole thier Billy Ocean.

Nope, a nemesis has to be someone who can actually beat you. :rolleyes

polandprzem
09-06-2005, 03:16 PM
I see Dallas I see Houston
Indy and Detroit from the East

But I do not think that the Suns will be that strong. They lost the run ang gunners. What do U think D'Antoni will do with his last years system?

Detroit will be good enough woith their players but the coach will be eaten by the Wallaces
Indy with Granger and Jasikavicius (won't be great but good and thats might be it). Artest coming to the lineup even better than the last year. Jermaine best PF in Easter Konference if healthy will be a great danger.
The spurs alwayes had trouble playing against the Pacers...

dallas will have AJ for whole season (he is still learning the job but he has got tyhe potential to be a real good coach) They have got a great mix of players I see them in the secon spot in the West
The third belong to Rockets. JVG - all I need to say.

mouse
09-06-2005, 03:25 PM
Nope, a nemesis has to be someone who can actually beat you. :rolleyes

Pssssst! you may want to stop doing your homework long enough to ask your dad if he remembers what was the score the last time Spurs played the Mighty Mavericks,

Then again he may throw someting at you, so make sure your behind something before you ask him,

And be ready to have a pissed off father the rest of the week :lmao

Deadbeat Dad
09-06-2005, 03:33 PM
McGrady and Yao is to much for San Antonio You may want to pick another team.

mugatu
09-06-2005, 03:35 PM
Oh great , another topic for Ticket 76.0 to steal ....

SenorSpur
09-06-2005, 03:36 PM
First off, I would say the Suns because their penchant for "trash-talking" should continue to fuel the competition between the two teams and give all of us great pleasure in "smacking that ass" for another few years.

Of course, the Suns always think they're a lot better than they really are. They made that mistake last year and probably will again.

Have you ever seen a team talk so much shit with so little to show for it? On second thought, maybe they view the Spurs as more of a rivalry that we do them.

Next up, I would say the Mavs because of their twisted owner, burning desire to emulate the Spurs blueprint and their sensitivity to criticism and media attention.

mugatu
09-06-2005, 03:38 PM
^ Rack Him!

Pssssst! you guys forget about Shaq daddy?

Dex
09-06-2005, 03:39 PM
:lmao

I have to admit, I really am tired of those 20-30 points beatdowns from Dallas. I remember being really pissed off by a COUPLE of Mavericks games last season. For a team that's never beaten us during the playoffs, they sure know how to bring it during the regular season, especially at home.

Then again, in those blowouts, Micheal Finley always seemed to be the one stepping up big. I don't really think I need to say much more about that one.

If the Spurs and Mavs meet in the playoffs again soon, it should make for another great series.

Just some more spice for the stew, the way I looks at it.

SenorSpur
09-06-2005, 03:42 PM
:lmao

I have to admit, I really am tired of those 20-30 points beatdowns from Dallas. I remember being really pissed off by a COUPLE of Mavericks games. For a team that's never beaten us during the playoffs, they sure know how to bring it during the regular season, especially at home. If the Spurs and Mavs meet in the playoffs again soon, it should make for another great series.

Just some more spice for the stew, the way I looks at it.

Let's not forget that Dallas administered that beatdown to us during the month of March when Duncan was out with the ankle injury. Devin was also out of action too.

However, I can't wait until Nov 5th when the Spurs invade the AAC to administer the beatdown. We should simply unleash Finley and let him do the damage.

alamo50
09-06-2005, 03:49 PM
Them Fakers ofcourse.
As long as Kobe is there......that sunovabiatch!

FoxMulder
09-06-2005, 03:55 PM
Just Suns

Larry Dallas
09-06-2005, 03:57 PM
Them Fakers ofcourse.
As long as Kobe is there......that sunovabiatch!

^ :lmao

Da Pistions

GhostofAlfrederickHughes
09-06-2005, 03:58 PM
Well, never discount a Laker rivalry, as long as Kobe and the Zen D***head are there.

But I would have to say Phoenix is the next rival. Stoudamire owned us during the WC Finals (even Pop admitted as much), we just stole Finley from them, and D'Antoni's moustache is enough to bug anybody!

:lol

Kamnik
09-06-2005, 04:05 PM
what? no pissed of laker fans in this topic? :spin

judging by name of the topic i expected a flame war in here hehe

---------
I cant think of a real nemesis.

Mavs? They wont be a match for the Spurs this season.

Maybe Miami with their bunch of superstars.

Rockets could be if they beat SA in the playoffs but i dont think they can do it. (even though i like them and they will be very good)

Dex
09-06-2005, 04:08 PM
Nah, Lakers fans know their team is soft.

Falling behind the Clippers would do that to anybody's mojo. :lmao

FoxMulder
09-06-2005, 04:24 PM
Suns are tougher and play in a completelly different style than the Spurs...
but they lost Johnson... and Q-Rich I donīt think they will be as good as they were last season

nkdlunch
09-06-2005, 04:24 PM
Lakers are not soft. they just plain suck

Kamnik
09-06-2005, 04:28 PM
Lakers are not soft. they just plain suck

guys stop bashing the lakers on this forum; i dont want their fans to start making mas suicides or something :lol
(as long as Kobe will be on their team i dont think they have a decent chance for a title; if they dont get KG,TD or Shaq and we know they wont :spin )

GoSpurs21
09-06-2005, 06:49 PM
Pssssst! you may want to stop doing your homework long enough to ask your dad if he remembers what was the score the last time Spurs played the Mighty Mavericks,

Then again he may throw someting at you, so make sure your behind something before you ask him,

And be ready to have a pissed off father the rest of the week :lmaogod it's funny how mouse's team now tries to emulate and copy everything Pop has brought to the Spurs. mouse now worships everything he hates: the world according to Pop. How does it make you feel mouse, that your team is now trying it's best to be just like Pop, RC and Holts Spurs?

Sounds to me like Cuban has cried UNCLE to Pop and will now try to beat him by emulating him.

Funkee
09-06-2005, 07:09 PM
Lakers.

td4mvp21
09-06-2005, 07:13 PM
^Are you a Spurs fan? Just wondering, because you said something else a while back....

Larry Dallas
09-06-2005, 09:25 PM
god it's funny how mouse's team now tries to emulate and copy everything Pop has brought to the Spurs. mouse now worships everything he hates: the world according to Pop. How does it make you feel mouse, that your team is now trying it's best to be just like Pop, RC and Holts Spurs?

Sounds to me like Cuban has cried UNCLE to Pop and will now try to beat him by emulating him.

Everyone here knows you don't like mouse, so your replies are bias, and not worthy of reading.

Suns

Chris
09-06-2005, 10:10 PM
Mavericks have been our rivals for quite some time. Our nemesis will most likely be the Pistons if the trend continues next season.

TOP-CHERRY
09-06-2005, 10:39 PM
I don't think the Spurs have a real nemesis as intense as the Lakers were.

In reality, they've been the last real threat to us... No other team has really threatened our hopes to get to the championship. So it's way too early to tell who our next nemesis will be.

Detroit-Just one championship lately, which they won without fighting us.
Pacers- We haven't even played against each other in the playoffs yet; how can they possibly be a nemesis?
Heat- ditto
Mavs- You're kidding me
Houston- not yet a threat. We'll see
Suns- Haven't beat us in the playoffs

Suns Fan
09-06-2005, 11:40 PM
Suns

Thank you

http://www.boomspeed.com/woaimouse/mouse-Rules-1.jpg

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
09-07-2005, 03:27 AM
Themselves...

alamo50
09-07-2005, 03:45 AM
Themselves...

Shows you don't know nothing about SA bball.

Trainwreck2100
09-07-2005, 03:56 AM
Shows you don't know nothing about SA bball.

Let him dream

spursupporter
09-07-2005, 05:32 AM
Miami

batman2883
09-07-2005, 08:02 AM
I think the Nuggets would be the Spurs' number one nemesis now, the Suns got dealt with all season last year, but the Nuggets actually held their own against us, even beat us. The Suns only beat us when Manu and Duncan sat, and we still almost won that game.

Ghost Writer
09-07-2005, 01:43 PM
I think that the next great rivalry could be the Heat vs. the Spurs.

I thought this would be the Finals matchup last preseason, but injuries to Shaq and Wade prevented Miami from meeting the Spurs for the title.

I like Shaq vs. Duncan and Wade vs. Ginobili.

Bowen was dumped by the heat.

Both teams believe in defense.

This past summer, the two franchises reloaded.

I don't see any stable rivals in the West for the Spurs.

Bring on the Heat.

Spurminator
09-07-2005, 01:54 PM
We'll see if and how losing Larry Brown affects them, but I would love to see a decade-long Pistons/Spurs rivalry like the Celtics/Lakers matchups of old.

jermaine7fan
09-07-2005, 01:57 PM
We'll see if and how losing Larry Brown affects them, but I would love to see a decade-long Pistons/Spurs rivalry like the Celtics/Lakers matchups of old.The Pacers are one of the youngest and most talented teams in the NBA... the Pistons reign at the top is over... The Pacers could give you one of those decade long rivalries... but will Duncan last that long?

Spurminator
09-07-2005, 02:04 PM
Duncan will last longer in SA than Artest will in Indiana.

That's all I'll say on the matter.

Supergirl
09-07-2005, 02:32 PM
SPurs vs Heat is a big rivalry because Shaq and Duncan are so often pitted against one another for best player in the game right now.

z0sa
09-07-2005, 03:16 PM
I'm serious when I say, that Shaq is the most overrated player ever. He runs over people to get to the basket and the refs call any little touch on him. Shaq's "game" if thats what you could call it makes me want to vomit.

ambchang
09-07-2005, 05:37 PM
I'm serious when I say, that Shaq is the most overrated player ever. He runs over people to get to the basket and the refs call any little touch on him. Shaq's "game" if thats what you could call it makes me want to vomit.

I second that, but not for the same reasons. Most dominant player ever? How can he NEVER average over 30 ppg? Only led the league in scoring once? Never led the league in rebounding? Couldn't even make the playoffs without an allstar teammate (rookie year)? His team was never a true contender without a top flight shooting guard beside him (Penny, Kobe then Dwayne)?
Three championships in a row is nice, but how much of it was due to him, and how much of it was due to Phil Jackson? How much of it was due to Kobe?

DDS4
09-07-2005, 11:06 PM
The Pacers are one of the youngest and most talented teams in the NBA... the Pistons reign at the top is over... The Pacers could give you one of those decade long rivalries... but will Duncan last that long?

I think you should ask yourself whether your Pacers are as good as you think as opposed to how long Duncan will last.

The Spur have the resume.
Your Pacers have hype.

Big difference.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-08-2005, 01:40 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

thats so hilarious!!!!

mouse
09-17-2005, 10:06 AM
You guys seem to forget about the SUNS they have your Number.

Deadbeat Dad
09-17-2005, 10:19 AM
The Spurs will have every team in the NBA gunning for them this season.

Vashner
09-17-2005, 11:05 AM
Avery.. Shaq.. Suns...

TOP-CHERRY
09-17-2005, 11:30 AM
Someone's confusing the Spurs with the Mavs.

Leetonidas
09-17-2005, 01:12 PM
I remember a few years back when Sacramento was actually good, and they were so hard to beat at Arco and the Spurs would kick their ass there. Good times...

Nowadays, I always enjoy a Laker beatdown, but I don't know, I'd say the Suns for now.

angel_luv
09-17-2005, 01:16 PM

Sure. 3!

1999, 2003, 2005!

Wrong number Mouse. Please don't call again! :lol

Leetonidas
09-17-2005, 01:18 PM
Sure. 3!

1999, 2003, 2005!

:lol

callo1
09-17-2005, 01:28 PM
They don't have a nemesis, but they themselves are one to the other teams in the league.

Nemesis

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The goddess of retribution or vengeance; hence, retributive justice personified; divine vengeance.

callo1
09-17-2005, 01:30 PM

Oh really...is that what you call getting 1 win in the WCF against the Spurs.

Hell, they can have our "number" any time then. If the Suns have our number, then your Mav's don't even get a friggin dialtone :lol

TDMVPDPOY
09-17-2005, 01:59 PM
^the lord has spoken

mouse
09-17-2005, 01:59 PM
Sure. 3!

1999, 2003, 2005!

That was harsh,

Suns Fan
09-17-2005, 02:01 PM
your favorite team is led by a 7 foot german that looks like brandon fraser in encino man.

^ :lmao

Looter
09-17-2005, 02:04 PM
, DO SOMETHING ON THE COURT.

until then, SHUT UP. jesus christ everyone here is sick of hearing you talk about the pacers. they havent done shit!

Didn't the Spurs take 25 years to win a ring? That was a long time of not doing shit also :lmao

David Bowie
09-17-2005, 11:44 PM
I don't have the time to read allthe responses. But Im sure that right now next year's finals as Spurs vs. Heat. Tim Ducan vs. Shaq. Its all a matter of how they can sell. the Pistons may very well be better, but Spurs vs. Pistons wouldn't be as easy to sell.

Solid D
09-18-2005, 12:03 AM
who are the Spurs nemesis?

Rather, Dan should ask "Who are the Spurs' nemeses?" or if a singular foe, "Who is the Spurs' nemesis?"

I always liked Walter better, and that's the way it is.

Steve Perry
09-18-2005, 01:20 AM
Dude you must have a dictionary in the John :lmao

I see the spurs having problems with the Sonics

Al Sharpton
09-18-2005, 12:30 PM
The Spurs have problems with the Grizz also.