PDA

View Full Version : Netflix is about to drop the first season of Daredevil...

CosmicCowboy
04-10-2015, 06:14 PM
It's supposed to be pretty freaking good.

http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/culturebox/2015/04/daredevil_on_netflix_the_best_superhero_tv_series_ i_ve_ever_seen.html

tlongII
04-10-2015, 06:16 PM
I think you missed a thread.

CosmicCowboy
04-10-2015, 06:24 PM
I think you missed a thread.

Probably. I have to wash my hands after every time I drop in here.

CosmicCowboy
04-10-2015, 06:30 PM
BTW TLong, congrats to your Blazers winning the division.

BTW, did you see this a few weeks ago from Bill Simmons? This guy has hated the Spurs so long he is starting to love them...

From Bill Simmons' recent column, talking about Lamarcus Aldridge:

And look — I don’t see Aldridge leaving Portland, either. But let’s say the Blazers get beaten in Round 1 fairly convincingly, to the point that we say to ourselves, “Hmmmmm, that nucleus just doesn’t look close to a title.”

And let’s say Duncan and Ginobili retire, but Popovich sticks around knowing the Spurs have only $34 million committed to 2015-16 salaries … with a chance to sign two max free agents AND keep Kawhi.

And let’s say Aldridge grew up in Dallas (true), went to college at the University of Texas (true) and spends his summers in Texas (true).

And let’s say Wes Matthews was born in San Antonio (true).

And let’s say that July 1 rolls around … and the Spurs come after Aldridge AND Matthews. Let’s say they tell Aldridge, “We want you to be our new Tim Duncan,” and let’s say they tell Matthews, “You’ve seen how much players EXACTLY LIKE YOU thrive in our system.” Let’s say Pop takes them out to dinner, charms the hell out of them, waves his five rings and tells them he wants five more. Let’s say Duncan goes to dinner, too, and mentions that he could be talked into a comeback as a savvy bench guy, à la Bill Walton in 1986, for the New and Improved Spurs.

Again, my money would be on Aldridge andMatthews re-signing. But if you’re a Blazers fan, doesn’t the previous paragraph scare the living shit out of you? You know how every woman feared Sharon Stone, Angelina Jolie, Scarlett Johansson and now Jennifer Lawrence in the “I Cannot Leave My Husband Alone With This Woman For Five Minutes” sense? Only two American sports franchises have Scarlett/J-Law status with their competitors right now: Belichick’s Pats and Popovich’s Spurs. Players want to win. Those teams won, they win, and they will continue to win. If I were a Blazers fan, I would be VERY afraid of San Antonio this summer.

tlongII
04-10-2015, 07:58 PM
BTW TLong, congrats to your Blazers winning the division.

BTW, did you see this a few weeks ago from Bill Simmons? This guy has hated the Spurs so long he is starting to love them...

Let's say Simmons is full of shit.

CosmicCowboy
04-10-2015, 08:14 PM

Quite possibly. Tim Duncan going to the Spurs instead of the Celtics permanently scarred him.

DMC
04-10-2015, 10:57 PM
Probably. I have to wash my hands after every time I drop in here.
Fapping?

DMC
04-10-2015, 10:59 PM
Simmons is full of shit. The Spurs have been winning for 18 years straight and just look at the endless line of high end free agents beating down their doors.

Let's just say that no one who has a choice wants to live in SA (they don't), and let's say that any other city anywhere near a clearwater coast beats the hell out of living in SA (to them it does) and let's pretend then that Aldridge and Matthews want to sacrifice their marketability for the good of the team (they don't). If all that came to fruition, and some miracle happened, they'd still go elsewhere.