PDA

View Full Version : Drexler has to be....

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
04-10-2015, 09:45 PM
The worse announcer ever. Despite Timmy obviously getting his fingers on the ball for that final block, he still said it was a foul bc he hit harden on the wrist. That is just one of many obnoxious calls I had to hear this guy make tonight.

cjw
04-10-2015, 09:47 PM
And the national media thinks the Spurs crew is the most unbearable. Homers yes, but not flat out unbearable like half the rest of the league.

Best crew = Nets by far

manufan10
04-10-2015, 09:47 PM
The worse announcer ever. Despite Timmy obviously getting his fingers on the ball for that final block, he still said it was a foul bc he hit harden on the wrist. That is just one of many obnoxious calls I had to hear this guy make tonight.

I like how he was complaining about Manu flopping and kept saying that they need to call flops flagrant fouls when they have James Harden on the team.

neboat
04-10-2015, 09:48 PM
Drexler is the worst... when they were talking about quadruple doubles...Drexler said he had one...

errr...he did not...he just had one stolen away from him apparently...hahha...

Wildcat67
04-10-2015, 09:48 PM
The best was when Baynes and Howard were battling and Howard basically had Baynes in a headlock, then Baynes gets called for the foul somehow and Drexler says "He's impeding his progress to his spot". I was like "yeah that's called playing defense moron". You are supposed to impede the ability of the offensive player to get where they want.

maverick1948
04-10-2015, 09:51 PM
They are paid by the Rockets to be homers. Many say Sean is bad. I dont think either of them is totally fair to the opponent. Although, Sean spends a lot of time calling out the Spurs for bad play and not blaming the refs.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
04-10-2015, 09:52 PM
The best was when Baynes and Howard were battling and Howard basically had Baynes in a headlock, then Baynes gets called for the foul somehow and Drexler says "He's impeding his progress to his spot". I was like "yeah that's called playing defense moron". You are supposed to impede the ability of the offensive player to get where they want.

Exactly, Howard elbowed Baynes in the head they called a foul on him. One I love the most the off foul on Duncan where he said you can't turn your back or butt to a player to set a pick. Dwight did that like 5 times this and was way before Duncan did his and I was like why aren't they calling off fouls on him. And Howard pushing off. You can arm bar, but Howard is literally pushing off which is an off foul.

Dre_7
04-10-2015, 09:53 PM
I like how he was complaining about Manu flopping and kept saying that they need to call flops flagrant fouls when they have James Harden on the team.

This.

Drexler was pissing me off immensely! I wanted the Spurs to win more so to shut him up than to get the 3 seed at one point.

RD2191
04-10-2015, 09:54 PM
Sean is nowhere that disrespectful towards players of any other team. They called Manu the greatest flopper of all time and they said Pop is ruining basketball with hack a shaq. Just a couple of the insane shit they said tonight. DO THEY NOT REALIZE HARDEN IS THE BIGGEST FLOPPER IN THE NBA? AM I LOSING MY MIND HERE?:pctoss

Malik Hairston
04-10-2015, 09:55 PM
Man, I fucking love listening to Drexler when the Spurs are winning, tbh:lol..I hated that I got the Houston telecast at first, but it felt awesome after the Spurs took the lead..sooooo salty..

spurs10
04-10-2015, 09:57 PM
....the biggest idiot in sports. Love to see that team lose. GO SPURS GO!!

LittleCriminal
04-10-2015, 09:59 PM
The 6th foul on Baynes was ridiculous..refs blow dong.

MultiTroll
04-10-2015, 09:59 PM
What did Drexler have to say about the call that fouled Baynes out? :lol

manufan10
04-10-2015, 10:00 PM

Basically that it was a good call, and that Baynes flopped. :lol

Raven
04-10-2015, 10:02 PM
sean is probably the best announcer of them all after SVG tbh. He obviously is a homer, but he is actually knowledgable and doesn't make shit up or bitch about stuff that isn't happening.

ShooGazer
04-10-2015, 10:03 PM
Those commentators were retarded as fuck. "Hacking is (unfair). It prevents a James Harden 3, or a shot by another player."

No shit, dumb fuck.

Silver&Black
04-10-2015, 10:05 PM
Dis nigga said that the NBA needs to adopt the college possession arrow....

I'm done. Just done....

TheGreatYacht
Didn't listen to him this game... But I had the tragedy of watching their broadcast against the Mavs.... Dude said all Dirk does is flop. A rockets commentator...

RD2191
Those commentators were retarded as fuck. "Hacking is (unfair). It prevents a James Harden 3, or a shot by another player."

No shit, dumb fuck.
that's kind of the point. them dude were salty as fuck.:lol

RD2191
04-10-2015, 10:07 PM
Pretty much every single foul called on Houston was a Spurs flop according to the commentators.:lol

ddjeffries
04-10-2015, 10:11 PM
that was hard to watch with that idiot. would not shut up about flopping when harden is one of the worst. AND THEY HAD 53 FT. STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT FOULS. 53!!!@#$%@#

ddjeffries
04-10-2015, 10:11 PM
Pretty much every single foul called on Houston was a Spurs flop according to the commentators.:lol

yep thats what i got out of it

AusSpur
04-10-2015, 10:13 PM
I'm always surprised when Elliott is called the worst commentator when there is Drexler around.

Horse
04-10-2015, 10:43 PM
Honestly the refs were horrible both way but next time I'm forced to listen to the houston feed I'll cut my fucking ears off.

manufan10
04-10-2015, 10:47 PM
I don't mind when home announcers are blatant homers because that's what they're paid to do... but when they're idiotic and make stuff up is when it gets annoying. i.e., Drexler complaining about flopping.

crc21209
04-10-2015, 10:48 PM
Fuck Drexler, he's so damn horrible. He makes Sean sound unbiased :lol.

KaiRMD1
04-10-2015, 10:52 PM

He said something like it was a deserved call because he'd been fouling Howard like crazy

MultiTroll
04-10-2015, 11:01 PM
He said something like it was a deserved call because he'd been fouling Howard like crazy
Did you see Josh Smith (i think it was Smith) raise his hand, knowing he intentionally fouled Baynes and did not want Howard to get rung up?

kjhip1
04-10-2015, 11:07 PM
On hawaii time watched DVR'd game, love the strategy of hacking their horrible ft shooters. I almost muted the telecast. Drexler is garbage. Spurs could do nothing right in their eyes. And the block by td was sweet victory. Timmy got the ball first, non-issue. We just like crap, still won. Glad I won't have to hear those two again!

KaiRMD1
04-10-2015, 11:17 PM
Did you see Josh Smith (i think it was Smith) raise his hand, knowing he intentionally fouled Baynes and did not want Howard to get rung up?

Yeah, it has to be one of the most blatant fuck up calls I've seen all season. At first drexler was quiet because he knew the truth then he opened his mouth and extracted diarrhea

hater
04-10-2015, 11:41 PM
Heard the entire game. Holy shit. Called Manu a fucking flopping pussy. Also patty mills. Oh and apparent baynes fouled Coward the entire game.

Holy shit. Speechless at this Houston announcers. Speechless

jbspurs
04-10-2015, 11:42 PM

He even said Duncan didn't even block the ball on the last play..He's the worst ever or just needs to get his vision check.

Ron Swanson
04-10-2015, 11:59 PM
Glad I got to watch this on KBVO in Austin.

superbigtime
04-11-2015, 12:14 AM
Heard the entire game. Holy shit. Called Manu a fucking flopping pussy. Also patty mills. Oh and apparent baynes fouled Coward the entire game.

Holy shit. Speechless at this Houston announcers. Speechless

I knew Drexler was bad, but wow. I suffered the entire game's commentary. They were complementary to Duncan and Pop. Except when he said the intentional fouling was ruining the game. " I hate this." Haha. Suck it Drexler. They hated on Baynes too.

UZER
04-11-2015, 12:15 AM
And the national media thinks the Spurs crew is the most unbearable. Homers yes, but not flat out unbearable like half the rest of the league.

Best crew = Nets by far

I mean c'mon, it's the nets. Even the announcers need something to root for.

hooperflash
04-11-2015, 12:16 AM

Yup, caught that as well. Had to tweet about it, too funny!

Sean Cagney
04-11-2015, 12:43 AM
Fuck Drexler, he's so damn horrible. He makes Sean sound unbiased :lol.

^^^^^^^^

Spur|n|Austin
04-11-2015, 12:52 AM
Glad I got to watch this on KBVO in Austin.

heyheymymy
04-11-2015, 12:55 AM
UNBEARABLE

KaiRMD1
04-11-2015, 12:57 AM
I actually wouldn't listening to him complaining about that last call because the butthurt meter goes through the roof and it's hilarious hearing old sport cry.

RD2191
04-11-2015, 01:01 AM
I actually wouldn't listening to him complaining about that last call because the butthurt meter goes through the roof and it's hilarious hearing old sport cry.
:lol

Sean Cagney
04-11-2015, 01:02 AM
Googled him and worst and this comes up, old throwback.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148863

KaiRMD1
04-11-2015, 01:03 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMGBdcA3QBo
Oh, the butthurt

Ron Swanson
04-11-2015, 01:13 AM
Damn, Clyde, even Stevie Wonder saw that was a block.

lefty
04-11-2015, 01:48 AM
No surprise here, glad Drexler got ass raped by MJ :lol

Solid D
04-11-2015, 07:40 AM
http://i.imgur.com/6lWzVye.gifv

pookenstein
04-11-2015, 07:57 AM

Beautiful.

z0sa
04-11-2015, 08:12 AM

Excellent

cd98
04-11-2015, 08:15 AM
He got him on the arm after he blocked the shot. No foul.

Splits
04-11-2015, 08:20 AM
"He fouled him! He just hammered him!"

"He didn't even hit the ball! He just hit his arm, are you kidding me?"

Fucking hilarious. Just no shame in completely lying out their asses. Drexler has the IQ of a rodent. Dude is so stupid.

cd98
04-11-2015, 08:28 AM
He's been a loser since he got beat by NC State years ago in the NCAA. Ever since then he's blamed officials for losing.

cjw
04-11-2015, 08:57 AM
I mean c'mon, it's the nets. Even the announcers need something to root for.

Knicks and Nets do have a high proportion of guys who get national TV gigs (Breen, Albert, Eagle, Rafferty back in the day, Fratello (not sure if he still does Nets), Greg "John" Anthony)

hater
04-11-2015, 09:12 AM
:lol Greg "punter" Anthony

weebo
04-11-2015, 09:13 AM
I almost pissed my pants there at the end laughing so hard. It sounded like drexler was gonna cry because "beard" got his weak ass lay up attempt rejected so bad. Bill Worrell had to cut in and tell him to stfu. Plays like that don't get called on last shots, probably had to give him a hug too to settle him down. :lol

lilsupa
04-11-2015, 09:41 AM
Im just now getting a chance to watch the game and I see what all the fuss is about, he is shit as a commentator and a Fucking homer. This has to be the worse commentating game I have ever heard. Also Baynes should of not been fouled out he played great defense

RD2191
04-11-2015, 09:42 AM
I almost pissed my pants there at the end laughing so hard. It sounded like drexler was gonna cry because "beard" got his weak ass lay up attempt rejected so bad. Bill Worrell had to cut in and tell him to stfu. Plays like that don't get called on last shots, probably had to give him a hug too to settle him down. :lol
weebo weebo weebo

unleashbaynes
04-11-2015, 09:50 AM
i've never gotten the 'sean is the biggest homer around' talk. drexler is literally the worst announcer of all time and should be fired immediately considering the amount or on-air bitching he does and the level of unprofessionalism with which he approaches the job.

unleashbaynes
04-11-2015, 09:54 AM

Great stuff. Harden fouling Tim with the off arm and Tim still packed his weak bullshit. Fuck off Drexler you crybaby piece of shit.

TampaDude
04-11-2015, 09:58 AM
Clyde was so salty...ya gotta love it! :lol

wildbill2u
04-11-2015, 09:59 AM

In the world of Houston Rockets TV, no Rocket ever fouls nor do any of them get the calls that are so obvious to their announcers.

After watching the NBA on TV for over 50 years I have the opinion that Houston has consistently had the worst 'homers' as announcers whether play by play or color men. I love Bill Worrell because we played AAU ball together after graduation from college, but he is just as bad as Drexler. Calvin Murphy was even worse than these two, but the absolute worst was a guy whose name I can't remember who is now retired. He may have started the 'homer' tradition and the others followed his lead because they didn't know any better.

cantthinkofanything
04-11-2015, 10:06 AM
In the world of Houston Rockets TV, no Rocket ever fouls nor do any of them get the calls that are so obvious to their announcers.

After watching the NBA on TV for over 50 years I have the opinion that Houston has consistently had the worst 'homers' as announcers whether play by play or color men. I love Bill Worrell because we played AAU ball together after graduation from college, but he is just as bad as Drexler. Calvin Murphy was even worse than these two, but the absolute worst was a guy whose name I can't remember who is now retired. He may have started the 'homer' tradition and the others followed his lead because they didn't know any better.

I had to listen to some of the game on Sirius radio called by Rockets guys and it was awful as well. I tuned in about the beginning of 4th when they were hacking Josh. Although I will give them some credit because they were all over McHale for leaving him in.

jsandiego
04-11-2015, 10:13 AM
I've had the NBALP for about the last 15 years, and my favorite non-Spurs announcers are the Warriors crew. Jim Barnett has always been complimentary of the Spurs, even when their team was terrible in the 2000s.

CitizenDwayne
04-11-2015, 11:13 AM
Heinsohn and Austin Carr at least are amusing in their stupidity, Drexler just seems like a total bitch

urunobili
04-11-2015, 11:46 AM
Calvin Watkins assuring the league will send an apology saying that the last play was a foul :lol

http://espn.go.com/blog/houston-rockets/post/_/id/378/rockets-losing-control-of-their-season