PDA

View Full Version : Baynes's 6th foul..

Malik Hairston
04-10-2015, 11:10 PM
I was watching on my phone, I'm not sure if I was seeing incorrectly, but it looked like Josh Smith charged him, and then raised his hand to take the foul:lol..

Did Baynes actually foul Howard? It looked like he was the one getting fouled by Smith, rather than committing it on Howard..

01Snake
04-10-2015, 11:12 PM
And the Rocket fans are crying about the officiating. SA got absolutely skull-fucked by the officials tonight with a never-ending avalanche of horrible calls.

kjhip1
04-10-2015, 11:13 PM
No baynes ran to get rebound and smith and Howard both stepped in from them, baynes with his momentum literally ran into wall and fell down. Seemed like smith and Howard both made it a point to throw their body into him. Non call at the very least

bulakenyo
I LOL'd watching that 6th foul.

So ridiculous and blatantly bad was that call I could not get mad.

ElNono
I was watching on my phone, I'm not sure if I was seeing incorrectly, but it looked like Josh Smith charged him, and then raised his hand to take the foul:lol..

Did Baynes actually foul Howard? It looked like he was the one getting fouled by Smith, rather than committing it on Howard..

Refs fucked up on that play, but it's one of many, tbh... Haven't complained about the refs all season, but overcoming the refs tonight was half the battle...

HI-FI
04-10-2015, 11:15 PM
officiating was terrible all game imo. can't rely on FTA since Pop went wild with the HackASmith. Best thing with a Houston loss is the look on McHale's face, like "I picked a wrong day to give up drinking."

ducks
04-10-2015, 11:15 PM
6 fouls was bullshit

Wildcat67
04-10-2015, 11:16 PM
Terribly reffed game. Just mind boggling the whole time.

Baynes also got called for a foul with both hands above his head and howard putting his elbow/forearm into his chest/neck.

I just couldn't figure out what they were looking at, felt like I was in the twilight zone.

SpurPadre
04-10-2015, 11:16 PM
I just remember more than a couple of those fouls were bullshit. Still, it's good to see how easily Baynes can get into Howard's head.

Mugen
04-10-2015, 11:17 PM
:lol It was a shoulder check from JSmoove. I need to see a replay tbh. Even the Patty offensive foul call is something I've never seen called before.

Agloco
04-10-2015, 11:17 PM

Looked like it was simultaneous tbh. Smith didn't really know that Banger had committed a foul on Howard. It was basically a steaming pile of shit of both perspectives. Horribly officiated game in general.

jeebus
04-10-2015, 11:18 PM
how easily Baynes can get into Howard's head.
I couldn't watch the game at work but I was reading tweets about that. That's gonna be huge if the Spurs see them in the playoffs, when you can foul a bit harder.

BillMc
04-10-2015, 11:18 PM
officiating was terrible all game imo. can't rely on FTA since Pop went wild with the HackASmith. Best thing with a Houston loss is the look on McHale's face, like "I picked a wrong day to give up drinking."

The good thing about these late season, very important games against Houston, is should they meet in the playoffs, I have no doubt Pop and his staff will have learned many things to be used against the Rockets. I'm not sure McHale learned anything. Give Pop enough exposure and he'll come up with a plan.

HI-FI
04-10-2015, 11:23 PM
The good thing about these late season, very important games against Houston, is should they meet in the playoffs, I have no doubt Pop and his staff will have learned many things to be used against the Rockets. I'm not sure McHale learned anything. Give Pop enough exposure and he'll come up with a plan.
Agreed. I have to say one thing about Pop, stubborn as shit yet always adapts.

kjhip1
04-10-2015, 11:23 PM

Genius move by pop. Sucked life out of fans. Even when he made 4 or 5 in a row, pop knew the law of averages meant he would miss the next 3-4. Love that it got fans so pissed off. Over 55 fts and they still lose

BillMc
04-10-2015, 11:27 PM
Genius move by pop. Sucked life out of fans. Even when he made 4 or 5 in a row, pop knew the law of averages meant he would miss the next 3-4. Love that it got fans so pissed off. Over 55 fts and they still lose

Yep, instead of Harden beating us at the foul line, Pop made Smith try and beat us at the line. And, as you said, took the crowd out.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-10-2015, 11:28 PM
Modern day pussyball. Baynes doesn't play dirty and it was obvious the refs were not calling the game as much as sending a message. NBA officiating. :vomit:

Mikeanaro
04-10-2015, 11:30 PM
Pop was like :pop:Oh they are gonna give Harlem 25 FT so he can score at will and make us look like clowns, NO! IM THE POP IM GONNA CHOOSE WHO MAKES THOSE FTs!:pop:

BillMc
04-10-2015, 11:31 PM
Pop was like :pop:Oh they are gonna give Harlem 25 FT so he can score at will and make us look like clowns, NO! IM THE POP IM GONNA CHOOSE WHO MAKES THOSE FTs!:pop:

Pop was boss!

heyheymymy
04-11-2015, 01:16 AM
refs were awful all game

objective
04-11-2015, 06:42 AM
The tech was awful also. He slapped down at the ball after the whistle ... Terry did the same thing on Marco immediately after and nothing.

boutons_deux
04-11-2015, 06:56 AM
since when is bumping and grinding for position under the basket a foul?

the ref fix was in last night

TampaDude
04-11-2015, 06:59 AM
Who were the refs?

barakz21
04-11-2015, 07:06 AM
What about the technical on Baynes? That was stupid. Just a little reactionary swipe, and it didn't even connect that much. What a pussy call.

Blackjack
04-11-2015, 07:19 AM
Baynes got called for two bullshit fouls on Howard, Howard then got a couple bullshit fouls on Baynes. Refs then said, "Fuck it!".

Got rid of Baynes because they didn't know how to officiate in the paint and the make-up calls were getting ridiculous.

foodie2
04-11-2015, 07:48 AM
When Scott Foster officiates, bad things happen. I called bad officiating when I saw him come on to the court.

couchman
04-11-2015, 07:54 AM
I think officials have forgotten how to ref big men playing big man ball in the paint. It is so rare in the NBA these days.

hyhy
04-11-2015, 07:54 AM
Yup, Pop saw that the ref-ing was shit and decided to overwrite it and just send them to the line instead of playing out a whole possession and letting the refs send the better free throw shooters to the line instead. Good call tbh never have I agreed more with his hack-a-player strategy

cd98
04-11-2015, 08:21 AM
Refs were also bad when they knew Spurs were intentionally fouling and ignored one that caused the Spurs to give up a late game layup.

Shastafarian
04-11-2015, 08:32 AM
Who were the refs?

Scott Foster (http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/06/01/scott-foster-recipient-of-134-tim-donaghy-phone-calls-refereeing-celtics-heat-game-3/), Karl Lane, Leroy Richardson

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
04-11-2015, 08:32 AM
He got a technical for literally no reason :lol

Old School 44
04-11-2015, 08:48 AM
The Rockets are done. Not that they didn't somewhat know this already, but the other 7 playoff teams just saw the blueprint for negating Harden. I expect a lot of "jar a Josh", "hack a Howard", "dis a Dorsey" from whoever the Rockets meet in the playoffs.

Darkwaters
04-11-2015, 08:56 AM
Any word on if Aron Baynes is filing assault charges against Dwight Howard? Because some of those non-calls probably qualify...

littlecoyotecoin
04-11-2015, 09:35 AM
Refs were also bad when they knew Spurs were intentionally fouling and ignored one that caused the Spurs to give up a late game layup.

Yeah. That one went mostly unmentioned. This game was interesting for all of these nuances. Heck of a game. Rockets got plenty of chances and help. So sorry.

MeloHype
04-11-2015, 02:01 PM
http://streamable.com/ooy4

Jesus christ these were terrible calls

james evans
04-11-2015, 02:31 PM
2 bullshit fouls were called on timmy. One was when howard initiated contact in the paint with pushing, the other was when Harden's pussy ass flopped on a screen

DMC
04-11-2015, 02:33 PM
Tim got a 5 second call a few days ago. I don't know if I've ever seen that called. Meanwhile Perkins is taking 9 steps with the ball and nary a whistle. Shows you where the focus is. No one wants to see another SA/Lebron debacle where Lebron is once again embarrassed by team basketball. The NBA is about heroball, and they are even trying to change the meaning of the word "heroball". NBA is about individuals, not about teams, at least not small market teams. That's why there are so many individual awards and only a couple team awards.

kuato
04-11-2015, 02:51 PM
Baynes was destroying the Rockets, refs remove him from match to get a close ending.

spurraider21
04-11-2015, 02:58 PM
It was the worst officiated game of the season. Some terrible calls both ways

SupremeGuy
04-11-2015, 03:30 PM
The tech was awful also. He slapped down at the ball after the whistle ... Terry did the same thing on Marco immediately after and nothing.I yelled when that shit happened! :lol Fucking refs man, fucking refs.

HI-FI
04-11-2015, 03:31 PM
Tim got a 5 second call a few days ago. I don't know if I've ever seen that called. Meanwhile Perkins is taking 9 steps with the ball and nary a whistle. Shows you where the focus is. No one wants to see another SA/Lebron debacle where Lebron is once again embarrassed by team basketball. The NBA is about heroball, and they are even trying to change the meaning of the word "heroball". NBA is about individuals, not about teams, at least not small market teams. That's why there are so many individual awards and only a couple team awards.
This. It's something I've been thinking about for awhile. There were a couple OT games this season that could've been won with better officiating. Last night was just a travesty though. Pop and the team deserve so much credit for the W. Scott Forster was probably like "sir I did my best" afterwards. :lol

think how the Cavs got a few number 1 picks, against so much odds. I imagine the league would like a return on that investment, not just for the Cavs and Cleveland but Lebron's legacy. Spurs could beat Lebron's newest superteam. Of course if that happens ClipperNation will be like "it's never Lebron's fault :madrun".

i bet the league wants a Warriors/Cavs final. I hope Spurs can overcome whatever bullshit they try pushing. Last night was a good test though.

pppp
04-11-2015, 03:36 PM

Worst I've seen all year. That tech :lol

BackHome
04-11-2015, 07:12 PM
No kidding that had to be the worst calls I have seen in any game they really should be looked at by the NBA.

DMC
04-11-2015, 07:51 PM
This. It's something I've been thinking about for awhile. There were a couple OT games this season that could've been won with better officiating. Last night was just a travesty though. Pop and the team deserve so much credit for the W. Scott Forster was probably like "sir I did my best" afterwards. :lol

think how the Cavs got a few number 1 picks, against so much odds. I imagine the league would like a return on that investment, not just for the Cavs and Cleveland but Lebron's legacy. Spurs could beat Lebron's newest superteam. Of course if that happens ClipperNation will be like "it's never Lebron's fault :madrun".

i bet the league wants a Warriors/Cavs final. I hope Spurs can overcome whatever bullshit they try pushing. Last night was a good test though.

I think the league meddles. They meddled by giving Davis to New Orleans at just the right moment, by keeping Chris Paul out of LA so that Balmer could buy a team that's worth something (I think Sterling was set up). The league wants big market teams to make big money. Hell all teams want that in fact since they share profits, but it eventually has to come down to meddling with the games themselves and issuing suspensions and fines that are head scratchers from our perspective but from theirs are business decisions. Fining the Spurs 250K for resting guys when the entire league did that this year and no one got a fine... that's meddling in how a coach manages his roster. Calling a timeout to see if Allen's shot was a 3 or a 2 was meddling because it didn't allow the Spurs to break the other direction, gave the Heat a needed timeout without having possession of the ball. Calling fouls on what the world can see is a flop from every direction, yet ignoring contact that requires stitches with the "didn't see it" gesture when the ref was right under the backboard.. that kind of thing is close enough to almost be indiscernible from statistical noise, but it's the small margins that make the big differences in the end.

All that said, I don't think the league has ever gotten what it wanted in the Finals in a long time. Sure they love it when the Lakers play in the Finals, but its almost always against a nobody from the East. The Lakers/Boston series (x2) was probably orgasmic to the league front office. Had they gotten Kobe and Lebron, they'd have probably needed a nut transplant.

Silver will stand up and talk about how the Spurs play the game how it was meant to be played, but then the NBA propaganda is always about highlight reel material and superstars who never won shit and obviously don't play the game how it's meant to be played.

MI21
04-11-2015, 08:08 PM
The tech was awful also. He slapped down at the ball after the whistle ... Terry did the same thing on Marco immediately after and nothing.

That made me unreasonably angry. It was just after and turtle faggot was much more animated in ripping the ball from Marco with two hands. How the refs make that call once and then not again I do not know.

The whole sequence where Baynes and Howard were going at it was disgusting refereeing. Bullshit happening both ways but the calls they did make were almost always wrong and the ones they didn't call were probably the right ones. Couldn't have got it more wrong if they tried.

DJR210
04-11-2015, 08:40 PM
And the Rocket fans are crying about the officiating. SA got absolutely skull-fucked by the officials tonight with a never-ending avalanche of horrible calls.

For a stretch there in the second half, there was a call ever 15 seconds on both sides of the ball.. fucking refs trying to outshine the game

hyhy
04-12-2015, 01:49 AM
Also, in every foul they called on baynes, he was just putting an elbow on howard's back, which is legal as long as he doesnt extend his arm. Whereas howard was blatantly elbowing, heading, shouldering bayne's chest and head..
Sometimes i wonder if baynes would just fall down every time howard banged him, what would the calls be like

FuzzyLumpkins
04-12-2015, 02:46 AM

jfc its low post basketball between two of the more physical players in the NBA. Neither of them were being cheap and taking shots. Both teams ran a clean game.

maybe some shit was said but if they start calling games like that in the playoffs I might just give up on basketball. this is not football where you have to worry about head injuries. let them fucking play.