PDA

View Full Version : recap of the game

100%duncan
04-11-2015, 01:33 AM
I missed it and cant watch a replay right now. What happened? (Not just in the winning moments)

Spurs 4 The Win
04-11-2015, 01:35 AM
Tim did another stare down of Howard late in the 4th, hilarious

HI-FI
04-11-2015, 01:35 AM
about to be a replay on NBA TV in half an hour.

Silver&Black
04-11-2015, 01:39 AM
Hack a Josh Smith.....

apalisoc_9
04-11-2015, 01:39 AM
Si Timmy kinantot ang Houston at ipinutok sa pwet, tbh.

ElNono
04-11-2015, 01:40 AM
- They came out firing on all cylinders, had a 12-0 lead
- 17-0 FTA disparity for them through the 1st quarter
- Spurs bench got us back into the game, with even Ayres playing well. Cojo was the backup PG then.
- Traded baskets throughout the 2nd quarter and most of the 3rd, pretty much, even tied the game a few times but could not get over the hump
- Hack a Josh continually after the refs screw us over one more time and Pop get on their asses
- End of the 3rd quarter, Patty thrills comes in, drills back to back 3 pointers, we get the lead
- Refs continue trying hard to keep Houston in the game

Then winning moments.

100%duncan
04-11-2015, 01:41 AM
Im still on my way home tbh and Narita airport has some pretty shitty wifi. Hope you can give details imho fwiw

100%duncan
04-11-2015, 01:42 AM
Thanks nono. Who gave us the lead at the end of the game?

ElNono
04-11-2015, 01:43 AM
Thanks nono. Who gave us the lead at the end of the game?

Patty gave us the lead and I don't think we ever lost it after that. Houston did tie, but could not go ahead thanks mostly to Josh Smith sucking at the FT line.

Timmy scored a ton in the 4th though, especially on P&R...

UZER
04-11-2015, 01:45 AM
Baynes foul out was lunacy.

:lol Josh Smith with his hand up in front of the ref after laying out baynes. Then the refs like "excuse me, excuse me" trying to move around playing before finally pointing at a laid Baynes on the floor..."foul on you right there"

siraulo23
04-11-2015, 01:47 AM
- They came out firing on all cylinders, had a 12-0 lead
- 17-0 FTA disparity for them through the 1st quarter
- Spurs bench got us back into the game, with even Ayres playing well. Cojo was the backup PG then.
- Traded baskets throughout the 2nd quarter and most of the 3rd, pretty much, even tied the game a few times but could not get over the hump
- Hack a Josh continually after the refs screw us over one more time and Pop get on their asses
- End of the 3rd quarter, Patty thrills comes in, drills back to back 3 pointers, we get the lead
- Refs continue trying hard to keep Houston in the game

Then winning moments.

1st quarter boris played like dirk, manu played like vintage manu for a stretch
spurs pretty much dominated after the 12-0 run, just mental breakdowns/stupid mistakes kept it close

spurs did get fuked by the refs in the 1st quarter, then spurs were favored rest of the game
green played harden as well as anyone could have

just additional notes ...

100%duncan
04-11-2015, 01:48 AM
Cant wait to watch it damn

siraulo23
04-11-2015, 01:48 AM
Oh yea during the hack a smith, rockets gambled even more than they did in the first quarter, resulted in layup after layup for the spurs. They should have gotten a couple more but they messed up a couple of times

lofds
04-11-2015, 01:50 AM
That Baynes call was bullshit. Him and the other Houston player stuck their ass into him and he goes flying and gets the foul.

ElNono
04-11-2015, 01:52 AM
spurs did get fuked by the refs in the 1st quarter, then spurs were favored rest of the game

what do you mean favored? They fouled out Baynes on a completely bogus call. We received two absolutely awful calls on TD in the last minute of the game (some BS "foul" fighting DHo in the post and a Harden flop on a screen).

Sure, some calls they had on Dwight vs Baynes were questionable, but the reality is that they didn't do any more damage because Pop was intentionally fouling Josh.

At the end of the 1st half, Corey Brewer had more FTA (4) than any Spurs player (2 by various guys).

ElNono
04-11-2015, 01:53 AM
FWIW, I have rarely if ever complained about refs this season, I even acknowledge the home cooking... but this game it was just blatant...

siraulo23
04-11-2015, 01:55 AM
^ true i guess i used the word favored 'relatively' favored for an away team

ie a couple of howard offensivd fouls, duncan non call i was waiting to hear a whistle even though it was a legit block etc

ElNono
04-11-2015, 01:59 AM
^ true i guess i used the word favored 'relatively' favored for an away team

ie a couple of howard offensivd fouls, duncan non call i was waiting to hear a whistle even though it was a legit block etc

I would agree they toned it down after the 1st quarter, but it was still pretty blatant, IMO. They just can't sustain 17-0 on every quarter or it would be too obvious.

#2!
04-11-2015, 02:06 AM
about to be a replay on NBA TV in half an hour.

Thank you, sir!

Horry Hipcheck
04-11-2015, 04:35 AM
Cant wait to watch it damn

The game is a nightmare hellscape, between the 17-0 FT disparity Houston started with, terrible turnovers, Green putting up literally nothing but bricks all night, Ariza lighting up from outside, Baynes fouling out for no god damn reason, Pop resorting to hacking Josh Smith to prevent Harden and Ariza from getting hot, and just endless amounts of bad calls.

The biggest takeaways are that Timmy turned in another one of those performances that he shouldn't physically be capable of turning in anymore, just fucking showed up and further solidified his already gluttonous legacy like a god damn champion, and Patty Thrills went 4-4 from the field including back to back threes at the end of the third to give the Spurs their first lead of the game and you can hear the Spurs fans in the Toyota Center going apeshit and this board went apeshit.

The rest is garbage.

Plumblbw
04-11-2015, 05:16 AM
Apologies in advance if this a dumb question, but looking at the standings can anyone explain to me why Portland are still in 4th position when they've played the same number of games as LAC and Houston, but have 2 less wins? (51 - 28) vs (53 and 26), respectively.

Silver&Black
04-11-2015, 05:24 AM
Apologies in advance if this a dumb question, but looking at the standings can anyone explain to me why Portland are still in 4th position when they've played the same number of games as LAC and Houston, but have 2 less wins? (51 - 28) vs (53 and 26), respectively.

Division winners automatically get a top 4 seed....

They cannot drop out of the top 4.

Plumblbw
04-11-2015, 05:30 AM
Super. Thank you Sir, much appreciated.

AFBlue
04-11-2015, 06:00 AM
I would not willingly watch this game if I had the virtue of hindsight. Tim was awesome, but the hack-a-Smith strategy drew the game out so long and stagnated any "flow" that's been the mark of this team's beautiful basketball lately. It was also frustrating watching them blunder countless opportunities to take the lead, until Patty was able to do so in the second half.

It was just an ugly win. A significant win. But, an almost unwatchable one.

NASpurs
04-11-2015, 06:08 AM
I would not willingly watch this game if I had the virtue of hindsight. Tim was awesome, but the hack-a-Smith strategy drew the game out so long and stagnated any "flow" that's been the mark of this team's beautiful basketball lately. It was also frustrating watching them blunder countless opportunities to take the lead, until Patty was able to do so in the second half.

It was just an ugly win. A significant win. But, an almost unwatchable one.

I agree with this. Watch it once to see what went on if you haven't seen it yet. But if you want to watch it again without all the hack-a-Smith strategy and just want to see the baskets, watch these highlights instead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRyvry29M_Y

Yuixafun
04-11-2015, 06:16 AM
The game is a nightmare hellscape, between the 17-0 FT disparity Houston started with, terrible turnovers, Green putting up literally nothing but bricks all night, Ariza lighting up from outside, Baynes fouling out for no god damn reason, Pop resorting to hacking Josh Smith to prevent Harden and Ariza from getting hot, and just endless amounts of bad calls.

The biggest takeaways are that Timmy turned in another one of those performances that he shouldn't physically be capable of turning in anymore, just fucking showed up and further solidified his already gluttonous legacy like a god damn champion, and Patty Thrills went 4-4 from the field including back to back threes at the end of the third to give the Spurs their first lead of the game and you can hear the Spurs fans in the Toyota Center going apeshit and this board went apeshit.

The rest is garbage.

You covered a lot of the color and hues of this game.

I was keeping up with it on espn from my phone, and the msg board, and I remember someone posting..... "Why Mills now?" And I went back to espn, wondering a bit of the same, and he is hitting his second Ft.

I start thinking well I guess Tp is not being effective, and Patty needs to turn it around sometime, and then he hits a 3. And another, and another to close the 3rd.

Soooooo stocked, face splitting grin like I'm rolling on xtc.

Other memorable moment was when I saw Josh Smith miss 4 fts in a row after a Houston time out. Hilarious to me.

Also we were not rebounding for a stretch down the stretch which was annoying.

admiralsnackbar
04-11-2015, 06:25 AM
Also we were not rebounding for a stretch down the stretch which was annoying. That bothered me, too, until I realized that we were getting whistled for every contested possession on the offensive end. Getting back on transition was the safest way to get the ball back without giving up freebie, off-the-clock points.

100%duncan
04-11-2015, 12:25 PM
Fuck that tbh every win is sweet

BillMc
04-11-2015, 12:29 PM
I thought it was an entertaining, physical, playoff-like game. The fouling added an interesting subtext.

SupremeGuy
04-11-2015, 12:43 PM
I thought it was an entertaining, physical, playoff-like game. The fouling added an interesting subtext.That's how I felt. I was pumped watching the game live, even with all the fouls. lol

cjw
04-11-2015, 01:40 PM
That bothered me, too, until I realized that we were getting whistled for every contested possession on the offensive end. Getting back on transition was the safest way to get the ball back without giving up freebie, off-the-clock points.

Unless going over the back on Josh Smith, then everything's okay.

Harden played like crap all night and had his three that brought Houston within one hit the front rim before bouncing in (all that after a missed Duncan layup). Shouldn't have even come down to the last play.

littlecoyotecoin
04-11-2015, 02:50 PM
I thought it was an entertaining, physical, playoff-like game. The fouling added an interesting subtext.

I agree. What it definitely lacked in basketball finesse and beauty, it made up for in politics, drama, and strategy.