PDA

View Full Version : Hawks: Is Atlanta the most disrespected 60-win team in NBA history?

Uriel
04-11-2015, 10:23 AM
They have the 2nd best overall record in the NBA, yet aren't even mentioned as a serious contender to win the championship. :lol

Mel_13
04-11-2015, 10:41 AM
Winning 60 games doesn't necessarily make you a serious contender. The 2011 Spurs come to mind as a recent example.

ambchang
04-11-2015, 12:18 PM
Despite their recent mediocrity, I'd still take them to make the finals.

The east is just that bad.

Arcadian
04-11-2015, 12:21 PM
Pretty sure the Cavs are making the finals.

Infinite_limit
04-11-2015, 12:38 PM
I've caught 0 Hawks games this season

START THE PLAYOFFS ALREADY!

RD2191
04-11-2015, 01:00 PM
I don't trust their defense. Reminds me of the 2011 Spurs.

Blake
04-11-2015, 01:18 PM
Coach bud employing under the radar spur tactics

04-11-2015, 01:29 PM
I don't trust their defense. Reminds me of the 2011 Spurs.

They're a top 10 defensivive team

04-11-2015, 01:32 PM
Comparing good teams to the 2011 Spurs or 2007 mavs is the cliché way of saying "they have a good record but I'm going to compare them to the other #1 seed that got upset because I know nothing about them"

RD2191
04-11-2015, 01:34 PM
The Hawks? Fuck me. You sure?:lol

04-11-2015, 01:40 PM

Yeah :lol I posted the stats somewhere on here I'll try to find it again

04-11-2015, 01:50 PM

Take a look at these stats guys

http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/team/atlanta-hawks/stats

You don't fluke elite defense. They're offense isn't too shabby either(#8 in ppg)

I don't see the Cavs winning more than two games, if that

This was before thabo broke his leg ofc

soxxx
04-11-2015, 01:53 PM
Winning 60 games doesn't necessarily make you a serious contender. The 2011 Spurs come to mind as a recent example.
they remind me of that spurs team.

KaiRMD1
04-11-2015, 02:02 PM
They are, in actuality, spurs east. This proves it

DMC
04-11-2015, 03:52 PM
No superstars means no media coverage. It doesn't mean they aren't threats. Competition has absolutely zero to do with marketability. Fans are star watchers first and foremost.

ambchang
04-11-2015, 05:05 PM
I still don't trust the Cavs, outside of Lebron, has the defensive discipline and intelligence to consistently lock down on their man in a seven game series and not get exposed, especially against a movement offense like the Hawks.

Malik Hairston
04-11-2015, 05:13 PM
I would be pretty surprised if they don't win the East, tbh..

I'll put some money on it prior to the playoffs, too..

Raven
04-11-2015, 05:13 PM

that's bad. Contenders are top 5 defensive teams.

Malik Hairston
04-11-2015, 05:16 PM

They have the 5th ranked D in the NBA IIRC..

Raven
04-11-2015, 05:19 PM
They have the 5th ranked D in the NBA IIRC..

good for them. I actually think their team is awesome and i love almost all their players, still not sure i would bet against lebron though..

Malik Hairston
04-11-2015, 05:21 PM
Cavs will be favored, but as we saw last year and in 2009, Lebron can still go for 30+ per game and his team can still lose..

I just like their system vs. the Cavs ISO-oriented shit..even after Mozgov, Cleveland has still been just the 13th ranked D in the NBA, too, they don't get stops when they need them..their bench is also atrocious..

Raven
04-11-2015, 05:28 PM
don't get me started on that tbh :lol love, irving, jrsmith :lol some of my most despised players ever.. lebron is pretty much all they have there, and obviously it's clear that once again the winner will come from the west.

Sean Cagney
04-11-2015, 06:00 PM

I agree fully.

Thread
04-11-2015, 06:19 PM

I agree fully.

I really need Amy to come back, bonnet in hand, that big fuckin' tail tucked. That alone would throw old hussy Timmy into another tailspin. Damn, I ain't heard hide nor hair from her since the judge went out there for the signing ceremony.

BatManu20
04-11-2015, 06:28 PM
Probably, but they're not coming out of the East, so it's okay, tbh.

DarrinS
04-11-2015, 06:34 PM
See strength of schedule

Malik Hairston
04-11-2015, 07:19 PM
See strength of schedule

They are 22-8 vs. the West..

cd021
04-11-2015, 08:37 PM
Apparently some of the reason if their pt differential. It would be the lowest of any 60 win team ever. Sounds silly but its usually a good indicator of success. They should get the ECF. That alone is an success considering this team was in rebuilding/retooling mode two seasons ago. They could have a lottery pick and should have enough cash to add another big man in FA. Brandon Wright would be a nice add for next season.

Venti Quattro
04-11-2015, 09:38 PM

Yup

HemisfairArena
04-11-2015, 10:10 PM
Cavs aren't making the Finals,,,c'mon guys its not rocket science. That Cavs team has no chemistry. If Lebron folds like he has in the past when discouraged in the Eastern playoffs,,,they are done.

Sean Cagney
04-11-2015, 10:43 PM
I really need Amy to come back, bonnet in hand, that big fuckin' tail tucked. That alone would throw old hussy Timmy into another tailspin. Damn, I ain't heard hide nor hair from her since the judge went out there for the signing ceremony.

What the fuck is wrong with you? I have no clue how you came up with this after us saying Cavs will make the finals.
Cavs aren't making the Finals,,,c'mon guys its not rocket science. That Cavs team has no chemistry. If Lebron folds like he has in the past when discouraged in the Eastern playoffs,,,they are done.

I just don't think the Hawks are that scary of a team, sorry. Cavs might not be great but they play out East and honestly I don't see them losing to the Hawks team.

lefty
04-12-2015, 12:17 AM
The Hawks are shit tbh :lol

DMC
04-12-2015, 10:50 PM
Teams in the top 5 are also in the top 10. If they were 6th they''d be in the top 6.

DMC
04-12-2015, 10:51 PM
The Hawks are shit tbh :lol
Did you find that pallet of rice we air dropped to your village today?

lefty
04-12-2015, 10:52 PM
Did you find that pallet of rice we air dropped to your village today?

U like the Hawks?

:lol don't be mad

:lol Enrique
:lol beisbol

DMC
04-12-2015, 10:56 PM
U like the Hawks?

:lol don't be mad

:lol Enrique

You've not watched a single game, right?

:lol mudball
:lol Shantyball
:lol Fallingstadiumball
:lol RedCrossball
:lol Missionaryball
:lol Slaveball

lefty
04-12-2015, 11:03 PM
You've not watched a single game, right?

:lol mudball
:lol Shantyball
:lol Fallingstadiumball
:lol RedCrossball
:lol Missionaryball
:lol Slaveball
At least they can move.

:lol standingball
:lol Puertoricoball
:lol illegalimmigrantsball

:lol fatball
:lol obeisebol

:lol crotchball
:lol spitball
:lol snoozeball
:lol steroidball
:lol investigationball
:lol etheredbykingemmanuelball

HemisfairArena
04-12-2015, 11:06 PM
What the fuck is wrong with you? I have no clue how you came up with this after us saying Cavs will make the finals.

I just don't think the Hawks are that scary of a team, sorry. Cavs might not be great but they play out East and honestly I don't see them losing to the Hawks team.

Are you watching the games, kid? What did I say,,,,and the Cav machine continues to get crushed.,,,how much did they lose by tonight?

Sean Cagney
04-13-2015, 12:18 AM
Are you watching the games, kid? What did I say,,,,and the Cav machine continues to get crushed.,,,how much did they lose by tonight?
Yes I watch games. Who did the Cavs play tonight in the game? Did they rest people? I don't think the Hawks are going to the finals, sorry thats my opinion and I don't agree with you on there.

If the Hawks make the finals I will be the first to admit I am wrong and they were legit, but I don't see them as scary and see them getting knocked off. Are they a good team no doubt, are they great? What have they done in the playoffs? Time will tell but they are unproven.

BTW Irving and Lebron out this game or did you even pay attention and just look at the score? How can you judge a team losing a game bad by resting starters?

100%duncan
04-13-2015, 12:28 AM
Yes I watch games. Who did the Cavs play tonight in the game? Did they rest people? I don't think the Hawks are going to the finals, sorry thats my opinion and I don't agree with you on there.

If the Hawks make the finals I will be the first to admit I am wrong and they were legit, but I don't see them as scary and see them getting knocked off. Are they a good team no doubt, are they great? What have they done in the playoffs? Time will tell but they are unproven.

BTW Irving and Lebron out this game or did you even pay attention and just look at the score? How can you judge a team losing a game bad by resting starters?

cavs are also unproven in he playoffs

Sean Cagney
04-13-2015, 12:39 AM
cavs are also unproven in he playoffs

True, but Lebron is not unproven in the playoffs as he has been there almost every year. They have a guy who can take over a game, Hawks? I am not saying they will not win or make the finals but when is the last time they were a legit competitor in the playoffs? This year they came a long way and have a shot I agree but until they actually make it I don't see it. It just seems so out there to thin of the Hawks in the finals, so hard to grasp.

BTW whoever comes out of the West is taking it, that we all can agree on there. I don't think the East has a shot.

heyheymymy
04-13-2015, 02:47 AM
Interesting that I feel the same way yet no one has given a reason that wasn't shot down with stats. I guess the Cavs just feel more savvy in the post season.

jdiggy0424
04-13-2015, 11:32 AM
I don't think the Hawks aren't a good team, I just feel that during the NBA season, you have little time to prepare for a specific team due to scheduling. This is Coach Bud's 1st year coaching and the 1st year the Hawks have implemented their new offensive scheme in the East. You take a guy like Coach Bud who has spent decades under Pop's wing, put him in a watered down shit conference aka the East, and combine that with horrid scheduling, and you'll win games in the regular season.

To the Hawks credit it takes the right players to make the system work. Passing bigs (Horford/Millsap), A PG that loves to drive and can run the Pick & Roll effectively (Teague), a deadly 3 point shooter (Korver), a defensive guy that can hit the 3 (Carroll), etc.

But in a 7 game series against a defensively disciplined team (Bulls) or a team with a game-changing been there done that superstar (Cavs), I can't see the Hawks winning.

Then again this is all pure speculation. If Bud brings this team to the ECF, I think its a successful season for the Hawks, regardless of the outcome.

Chinook
04-13-2015, 12:50 PM
I don't think the Hawks aren't a good team, I just feel that during the NBA season, you have little time to prepare for a specific team due to scheduling. This is Coach Bud's 1st year coaching and the 1st year the Hawks have implemented their new offensive scheme in the East. You take a guy like Coach Bud who has spent decades under Pop's wing, put him in a watered down shit conference aka the East, and combine that with horrid scheduling, and you'll win games in the regular season.

To the Hawks credit it takes the right players to make the system work. Passing bigs (Horford/Millsap), A PG that loves to drive and can run the Pick & Roll effectively (Teague), a deadly 3 point shooter (Korver), a defensive guy that can hit the 3 (Carroll), etc.

But in a 7 game series against a defensively disciplined team (Bulls) or a team with a game-changing been there done that superstar (Cavs), I can't see the Hawks winning.

Then again this is all pure speculation. If Bud brings this team to the ECF, I think its a successful season for the Hawks, regardless of the outcome.

It's Bud's second year. Last year, his Hawks took Indiana to seven games, despite the Pacers being a defensively disciplined team with an experienced superstar.

I agree they don't have the talent to beat the Cavs unless Cleveland is already imploding, but they certainly would be a team like the Bulls.

Thread
04-13-2015, 01:30 PM
Can ya imagine Media during a Hawks/Spurs Finals?

I'd do the Dutch.

hater
04-13-2015, 01:45 PM
I don't think even the NYPD respects them tbh

100%duncan
04-13-2015, 07:45 PM
Can ya imagine Media during a Hawks/Spurs Finals?

I'd do the Dutch.

It doesnt matter, you're gone one way or another asshole.

Venti Quattro
05-22-2015, 09:11 PM
I still don't trust the Cavs, outside of Lebron, has the defensive discipline and intelligence to consistently lock down on their man in a seven game series and not get exposed, especially against a movement offense like the Hawks.

Well the Hawks are about to get swept, aren't they? :lol

ambchang
05-22-2015, 11:31 PM
Well the Hawks are about to get swept, aren't they? :lol

:lol

lefty
05-22-2015, 11:52 PM
DMC :lmao

DMC
05-23-2015, 01:40 AM
Lefty.. thinking I watch the Hawks. I haven't even watched a single Eastern playoff game, not one.

Thread
05-23-2015, 05:36 AM
It doesnt matter, you're gone one way or another asshole.

This was before % & I buried the proverbial hatchet.

Now? We're like Amy & Tim. I hide his homosexual side and buy a lot of lingerie.