PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Hack-a-scrub

Raven
04-11-2015, 01:17 PM
About the hack-a-scrub mentality and how it is not sportive and ugly, i'm going to say just that: you don't fucking change the rules to make stone handed giants look better, just as you don't make shorter baskets to make midgets dunk. You don't make smaller courts and shorter games so that fat fucks can play, you just don't. Scrub can't hit a free throw? Your fucking fault, not mine.

Thread
04-11-2015, 01:18 PM
Only pussies & assholes hack.

weebo
04-11-2015, 01:31 PM
Why should the NBA change a rule to cover up a player's deficiency? Most of these guys are getting paid millions of dollars to play basketball, they're suppose to make an uncontested 15 foot shot with ease. And to those clamoring that Pop is making a mockery of the game for using this strategy, no. He's making a mockery out of guys like Josh Smith for disrespecting the game and not learning how to shoot proper free throws. :lol

RD2191
04-11-2015, 01:35 PM
Why should the NBA change a rule to cover up a player's deficiency? Most of these guys are getting paid millions of dollars to play basketball, they're suppose to make an uncontested 15 foot shot with ease. And to those clamoring that Pop is making a mockery of the game for using this strategy, no. He's making a mockery out of guys like Josh Smith for disrespecting the game and not learning how to shoot proper free throws. :lol
Did you have truth chips as a snack?

spurraider21
04-11-2015, 01:42 PM
:lol not bad

spurraider21
04-11-2015, 01:43 PM
they should make the 3 point line closer for those who struggle with 3's

weebo
04-11-2015, 01:47 PM
The should lower the rim when Bonner is on the floor so that he can have a chance to dunk.

weebo
04-11-2015, 01:49 PM

No, but I had an accuracy apple this morning...

AlexJones
04-11-2015, 02:05 PM

What's your take on advanced metrics Dale

Clipper Nation
04-11-2015, 02:19 PM
I have no problem with it. If you don't want to be hacked, make your free throws. Likewise, the team doing the hacking is taking a big risk by eliminating any flow whatsoever from the game, preventing them from getting into a rhythm on either end of the court.

Clipper Nation
04-11-2015, 02:20 PM
They already did that for a couple years to inflate DK's stats :lol

ElNono
04-11-2015, 02:24 PM
has nothing to do with the sport or whats fair or what's right, it has everything to do with turning the "product" to shit, which it undeniably does.

That's why there will be a rule change on that sooner rather than later.

manufan10
04-11-2015, 02:36 PM

:lol

DMC
04-11-2015, 02:50 PM
It's ok to wish injury but forcing a FTA is pussy.

DMC
04-11-2015, 02:52 PM

They should remove the charging foul for people who run too fast to stop, like Russell Westbrook.

They should give people like Smith and Howard 4 FTA per shooting foul and every foul should be a shooting foul.

vander
04-11-2015, 03:15 PM
Houston coach should have benched Smith. Houston fans have to endure too many FTs already under normal circumstances.

Raven
04-11-2015, 03:20 PM
has nothing to do with the sport or whats fair or what's right, it has everything to do with turning the "product" to shit, which it undeniably does.

i'm sure games would look more flashy if midgets could dunk.. so why do they keep the rim at the same height? Let's face it, allowing stone handed fucks to play, is not the hackers fault. If anything, they should give only one ft if the shooter can't hit 50%. that would actually help.

DMC
04-11-2015, 03:29 PM

Having Harden on the line for 25 FTA or having any team at the line for half the team's points is much worse than just the limited game stoppage for intentional fouls. Intentionally fouling is no more of a shit production method than tanking, which produces an entire season of shit. The intentional foul is "intentional" for a reason, as it's intent is to generate another possession and force the opposing team to either have good FT shooters on the floor or face the consequences. It's no different than the intentional walk in baseball.

Killakobe81
04-11-2015, 03:36 PM
About the hack-a-scrub mentality and how it is not sportive and ugly, i'm going to say just that: you don't fucking change the rules to make stone handed giants look better, just as you don't make shorter baskets to make midgets dunk. You don't make smaller courts and shorter games so that fat fucks can play, you just don't. Scrub can't hit a free throw? Your fucking fault, not mine.

Some of your recent posts have some shitty logic and not a fan of your analogy here, but I actually agree with you. I have no issue with Pop using the strategy. he outcoached McHale PERIOD. And because he found a way to exploit the current rules and does it better than RC, DOc and whomever props to him. But leagues tinker with rules all the time and if they adjust that rule I am ok with that too.

One thing though ...Spur fans bitch all day about how Harden manipulates refs but have no issue with Pop turning a marquee game in to a FT contest how is that any better? IF you are OK with Pop and his strategy how is Harden at fault for doing something similar ...manipulating the refs and the current rules? Stop being hypocritical ...

DMC
04-11-2015, 03:40 PM
Some of your recent posts have some shitty logic and not a fan of your analogy here, but I actually agree with you. I have no issue with Pop using the strategy. he outcoached McHale PERIOD. And because he found a way to exploit the current rules and does it better than RC, DOc and whomever props to him. But leagues tinker with rules all the time and if they adjust that rule I am ok with that too.

One thing though ...Spur fans bitch all day about how Harden manipulates refs but have no issue with Pop turning a marquee game in to a FT contest how is that any better? IF you are OK with Pop and his strategy how is Harden at fault for doing something similar ...manipulating the refs and the current rules? Stop being hypocritical ...

Pop doesn't do it all season long. That's how it's better. Also, the opposite team doesn't have the option of not having bullshit fouls called on them. They have the option to not have a shitty FT shooter in the game. A strategy is something you use that forces the opposing team to adjust. Harden's flopping isn't a strategy, it's a ploy. If you don't know the difference you have no business discussing this issue.

It's not about making a game shitty, it's about exposing what's already shitty in the game, namely that those heroes running around at 7' tall 280lbs can't hit a fucking free throw. It's their weakness and it gets exploited. Spot up shooters have weaknesses in that they cannot create their own shots. There needs to be a rule against double teaming a spot up shooter.

Stop being a faggot.

UZER
04-11-2015, 03:45 PM

Manipulating foul calls vs international fouling? That is not even a worthy comparison.

Raven
04-11-2015, 03:52 PM

well that's simple, he is not. The refs are to blame for making the wrong call.

TXstbobcat
04-11-2015, 04:14 PM
If an opposing coach doesn't like it then he has the option of taking his crappy free throw shooters out of the game.

UZER
04-11-2015, 04:16 PM

Manipulating foul calls vs international fouling? That is not even a worthy comparison.

K...
04-11-2015, 04:18 PM
What's the rule change? I can't think of anything that makes sense. Option to not shoot? One shot and possession, two shots, or what?

angrydude
04-11-2015, 05:22 PM
The real argument for a rules change is it doesn't affect the final score that much----but it does affect the watchability of the game a lot.

The NBA has changed the rules to make NBA games more entertaining before. They should limit to doing it 4 times in a row or something.

Clipper Nation
04-11-2015, 05:24 PM
The real argument for a rules change is it doesn't affect the final score that much----but it does affect the watchability of the game a lot.
So does Harden. Should he be banned from the league too?

Thread
04-11-2015, 06:06 PM
What's your take on advanced metrics Dale

It's happy horseshit. Plug the scoreboard in, tip it & get on with it.

Thread
04-11-2015, 06:07 PM

Thank you.

ElNono
04-11-2015, 06:22 PM
i'm sure games would look more flashy if midgets could dunk.. so why do they keep the rim at the same height? Let's face it, allowing stone handed fucks to play, is not the hackers fault. If anything, they should give only one ft if the shooter can't hit 50%. that would actually help.

It doesn't matter because nobody is hiring midgets to play games and fans don't care about midgets dunking. There's a circus for that.

Fans do care if they can't watch Harden do his thing (including freethrows) because Josh Smith is getting intentionally fouled. It's equivalent to the league changing hand checking rules to make offenses flow more freely.

djohn2oo8
04-11-2015, 06:23 PM

That motherfucker getting a 3 year extension is why I can't even enjoy this franchise, and it embodies the lack of desire to win in this town.

Thread
04-11-2015, 06:25 PM
^At home, dj?

ElNono
04-11-2015, 06:25 PM
Having Harden on the line for 25 FTA or having any team at the line for half the team's points is much worse than just the limited game stoppage for intentional fouls. Intentionally fouling is no more of a shit production method than tanking, which produces an entire season of shit. The intentional foul is "intentional" for a reason, as it's intent is to generate another possession and force the opposing team to either have good FT shooters on the floor or face the consequences. It's no different than the intentional walk in baseball.

The league is aware of the tanking problem, and this commissioner has hinted he would like to make a multitude of changes to address that, from seeding to lottery order, etc. Anything that affects the product will get a 2nd and 3rd look. Intentionally fouling is no different in that respect.

ElNono
04-11-2015, 06:27 PM
FWIW, I have no problem with Pop using the strategy either, it's certainly legal at this time. I just expect the league to address it sooner or later.

Thread
04-11-2015, 06:27 PM
The league is aware of the tanking problem, and this commissioner has hinted he would like to make a multitude of changes to address that, from seeding to lottery order, etc. Anything that affects the product will get a 2nd and 3rd look. Intentionally fouling is no different in that respect.

For you guys it's like shutting the barn door after you trapped Duncan in the fuckin' thing. Everything you own, even both 5ths are due to your tank.

buttsR4rebounding
04-11-2015, 06:28 PM

I agree. It is up to the defenders to adjust. Harden actually will put himself in more difficult positions to actually make a basket if not fouled. Especially on that very low dribble in the lane. He waits for anyone to reach in and then he goes right up through the arms for a foul. Just like Duncan does when someone reaches on him. Both are part of the game.

djohn2oo8
04-11-2015, 06:29 PM
FWIW, I have no problem with Pop using the strategy either, it's certainly legal at this time. I just expect the league to address it sooner or later.

I agree. Can't blame Pop. It's up to the league to address it or not.

djohn2oo8
^At home, dj?

It was predictable.

RD2191
well then...:lol

ElNono
04-11-2015, 06:32 PM
What's the rule change? I can't think of anything that makes sense. Option to not shoot? One shot and possession, two shots, or what?

There's many options. For example, you could make it so that when intentional fouls go over 2x the team foul count, it's a technical foul + possession. So you get the freethrow parade max 5 times per quarter.

DarrinS
04-11-2015, 06:32 PM
As for hack-a-scrub turning the game into a shit product, I tend to agree. I hate watching free throws. It's boring. I DVR games and fast forward when a player is shooting FT. That being said, it's just as boring watching Harden shoot 20 FT as it is some scrub.

ElNono
04-11-2015, 06:34 PM
For you guys it's like shutting the barn door after you trapped Duncan in the fuckin' thing. Everything you own, even both 5ths are due to your tank.

You're just bitter because we did it right. Look at you, you can't even talk about your own team anymore. Pull yourself together, jeez.

TheCultOfPersonality
04-11-2015, 06:53 PM
Why should the NBA change a rule to cover up a player's deficiency? Most of these guys are getting paid millions of dollars to play basketball, they're suppose to make an uncontested 15 foot shot with ease. And to those clamoring that Pop is making a mockery of the game for using this strategy, no. He's making a mockery out of guys like Josh Smith for disrespecting the game and not learning how to shoot proper free throws. :lol:clap

Raven
04-11-2015, 07:01 PM
It doesn't matter because nobody is hiring midgets to play games and fans don't care about midgets dunking. There's a circus for that.

Fans do care if they can't watch Harden do his thing (including freethrows) because Josh Smith is getting intentionally fouled. It's equivalent to the league changing hand checking rules to make offenses flow more freely.

that sort of acting, however, impacts the legitimacy of the sport.

Thread
04-11-2015, 07:02 PM
You're just bitter because we did it right. Look at you, you can't even talk about your own team anymore. Pull yourself together, jeez.

You tanked.

RD2191
04-11-2015, 07:14 PM
Plays basketball can't hit a free throw.:lol

DMC
04-11-2015, 07:33 PM

It is different. What really affects the product is that it's a shitty product. Making the product run faster doesn't make it a better product, just one that ends quicker. What is the downside to not being able to hit free throws if you can just be bailed out? So you can be kept in the game for the oaf aspect but protected from having to shoot a FT?

Silver won't change anything significant. There are only like 5 guys in the league who that even remotely works on. Why change the rules for 5 guys?

DMC
04-11-2015, 07:37 PM
As for hack-a-scrub turning the game into a shit product, I tend to agree. I hate watching free throws. It's boring. I DVR games and fast forward when a player is shooting FT. That being said, it's just as boring watching Harden shoot 20 FT as it is some scrub.
I quite enjoy watching the big oafs sweat at the FT line knowing they are the center of attention as they brick the shots. Watching a 90% shooter at the line is boring. Steve Nash and his routine used to bug the fuck out of me, so did Rip Hamilton and JKidd tbh.

Might as well remove the en passant from chess since most neophytes never saw it and freak out when you do it.

KaiRMD1
04-11-2015, 08:04 PM
Splitter sucked at the free throw line one year. The next year, the old sport was OKC'ish at the line. It's called practice

K...
04-11-2015, 08:04 PM
The problem with declaring a limit to off ball fouls is that it puts the onus on refs to dictate legitimate fouls from intentional ones. I never want refs to call "intentional fouls" it's too loose a term. I agree somewhat that an Nba version of the college double bonus could work.

I'd prefer they get rid of the bonus then too. Non shooting fouls, possession + clock until you get into the double bonus and then one shot plus ball, triple bonus..2 shots + ball

But they better set the # of fouls before the limit hits high.

spurraider21
04-11-2015, 08:05 PM
:cry we had to watch josh smith shoot 26 free throws instead of just letting them play and have harden shoot 26 free throws :cry

K...
04-11-2015, 08:05 PM
also, make 50% free throw a pre-req to actually suiting up. Test em weekly. If they can't shoot 50% before the game their ass sits.

HAHA no hall of fame for you Shaq

ElNono
04-11-2015, 08:22 PM
You tanked.

Never said otherwise. You did too, just can't even do it right.

Mikeanaro
04-11-2015, 08:23 PM
Corporate Basketball
Stop intentional fouls even for closing games
Eliminate charging, traveling, and you know what? eliminate free throws if you dont like those.
Lower the Rim to 9 foot so every Jose can dunk.
Every time a player scores 3 times in a row give him special powers... The he´s on fire rule were he can use the ball for personal defense hitting opponents in the face nuts, etc.
When a player commits an over the back foul a midget will jump on his back for 3 minutes making things slower.
A goaltender plays the next possesion on his knees.
There will be no overtimes, players will play completely and seriously blindfolded until a basket is made.
Coming soon.

ElNono
04-11-2015, 08:23 PM
that sort of acting, however, impacts the legitimacy of the sport.

The sport doesn't matter, what matters is having people paying for tickets and NBA league pass. It's a business, the product comes first.

UZER
04-11-2015, 08:29 PM
The sport doesn't matter, what matters is having people paying for tickets and NBA league pass. It's a business, the product comes first.

Fine line territory

ElNono
04-11-2015, 08:30 PM
It is different. What really affects the product is that it's a shitty product. Making the product run faster doesn't make it a better product, just one that ends quicker. What is the downside to not being able to hit free throws if you can just be bailed out? So you can be kept in the game for the oaf aspect but protected from having to shoot a FT?

Silver won't change anything significant. There are only like 5 guys in the league who that even remotely works on. Why change the rules for 5 guys?

It's the owners' call, and whether it's going to happen depends on how widespread the practice becomes. For example, this season, I noticed Pop, Scotty, Doc and Carlisle all going at the hack-a-xxxx in different games, and I suspect we only have more coming in the playoffs. IMO, the product becomes an absolute turd when there's incessant hacking (even if we've benefited greatly from it). FIBA used to have a similar problem, and they came up with the unsportsmanlike foul. If there's no intention to play the ball, then it's a freethrow and the ball.

ElNono
04-11-2015, 08:33 PM
Fine line territory

It's certainly my opinion. I actually think the NBA has been more prone to "clean up" the game lately simply because of expanding into gambling, more than any concerns about doing what's "right" for the sport.

cd021
04-11-2015, 08:34 PM
I like Hack-A-:

Makes things more interesting. And it seldom happens any way. Its like trying to reform something that happens in like 5% of NBA games.

Rondo
Josh Smith/D12
'Dre Jordan
Bogut

better be practicing now.

100%duncan
04-11-2015, 08:45 PM

Thread wishes the Spurs charter crashes. He aint a pussy, he a coward.

Clipper Nation
04-11-2015, 08:47 PM
That motherfucker getting a 3 year extension is why I can't even enjoy this franchise, and it embodies the lack of desire to win in this town.
Bringing in losers like Harden, Dwight, and Josh Smith is a better symbol of their lack of desire to win, tbh.

weebo
04-11-2015, 08:49 PM
:cry we had to watch josh smith shoot 26 free throws instead of just letting them play and have harden shoot 26 free throws :cry

:lol fo realz

Thread
04-11-2015, 08:58 PM
Bringing in losers like Harden, Dwight, and Josh Smith is a better symbol of their lack of desire to win, tbh.

You yourself can plug in Paul, D'Andre, and Blake Griffin,,,the symbol is static.

HemisfairArena
04-11-2015, 10:13 PM
I don't see a problem here. Win at all costs. Nice guys finish last,,,,Go into a street fight and don't kick a guy in the balls like youre trying to punt a football out of the stadium because you have to much class and you will lose 90 percent of your fights.

djohn2oo8
04-11-2015, 10:29 PM

Except McHale's teams have collapsed at the end of each regular season, even before Harden or Dwight got here. But he isn't the only problem. Alexander is happy with just making the playoffs. The piece of shit blocked Houston getting an NHL team so the Rockets could make more money.

Killakobe81
04-12-2015, 01:12 AM

Bitching about a player or coach exploiting the current rules is the comparison. Of course yall dont see the similarities because you are to close to it. Rox fans were bitching last night and so were Spur fans about his previous high FT games ... never said they were exactly the same ... of course not. But neither is good for the game but BOTH helps the their team win.

DMC
04-12-2015, 03:14 AM
Thread wishes the Spurs charter crashes. He aint a pussy, he a coward.
But he'd never send Tim to the line intentionally.

DMC
04-12-2015, 03:15 AM
Bitching about a player or coach exploiting the current rules is the comparison. Of course yall dont see the similarities because you are to close to it. Rox fans were bitching last night and so were Spur fans about his previous high FT games ... never said they were exactly the same ... of course not. But neither is good for the game but BOTH helps the their team win.

No, Special KK, you don't have a legit comparison. Accept it and try again or move on.

Thread
04-12-2015, 03:32 AM
But he'd never send Tim to the line intentionally.

midnightpulp
04-12-2015, 03:43 AM

What name do you have for those who can't make freethrows?

Thread
04-12-2015, 03:45 AM
What name do you have for those who can't make freethrows?

What's that got to do with the price of eggs?

apalisoc_9
04-12-2015, 03:48 AM
So does Harden. Should he be banned from the league too?

:lmao

midnightpulp
04-12-2015, 03:48 AM

You don't think it's good strategy to hack a poor FT shooter?

Remember your edict: Anything, and I mean anything, goes in the pursuit of an NBA World Championship.

DMC
04-12-2015, 03:49 AM

Chickenshit answer. You give a guy two free attempts to register points on the board and somehow that's poor sport, yet wishing them physical harm isn't? Winning is winning, at the end isn't that all that matters?

Thread
04-12-2015, 03:50 AM
You don't think it's good strategy to hack a poor FT shooter?

Remember your edict: Anything, and I mean anything, goes in the pursuit of an NBA World Championship.

Thread
04-12-2015, 03:51 AM
Chickenshit answer. You give a guy two free attempts to register points on the board and somehow that's poor sport, yet wishing them physical harm isn't? Winning is winning, at the end isn't that all that matters?

DMC
04-12-2015, 03:56 AM
Hypocrisy is your main downfall Dale. It's why you're still at the bottom of the shit pile along with the alts. You get called out on it and act like your statement stands prima facie.

Thread
04-12-2015, 03:56 AM
Hypocrisy is your main downfall Dale. It's why you're still at the bottom of the shit pile along with the alts. You get called out on it and act like your statement stands prima facie.

DMC
04-12-2015, 04:08 AM

Must be one hell of a life.

Thread
04-12-2015, 04:09 AM
Must be one hell of a life.

You want me to let you off the hook. No. You hacked. You're a pussy & an asshole.

Raven
04-12-2015, 05:41 AM

chickenshit answer.. like, the oldest trick in the book of a 5 year old.

Killakobe81
04-12-2015, 05:47 AM
No, Special KK, you don't have a legit comparison. Accept it and try again or move on.

Lol more name calling ... cute. What are you a poor man's Kool, now. Should I reply by calling Da midget cocksucker? How about dumb muthafucken ****?
Namecalling was fun ...when I was 7 ...

Thread
04-12-2015, 09:54 AM
chickenshit answer.. like, the oldest trick in the book of a 5 year old.

Let D fight his own battles, Rave. In the meantime go back and fuck your mother some more.

DMC
04-12-2015, 12:00 PM
You want me to let you off the hook. No. You hacked. You're a pussy & an asshole.
Oh no, I forced him to stonewall again. Woe is me.

DMC
04-12-2015, 12:02 PM
Lol more name calling ... cute. What are you a poor man's Kool, now. Should I reply by calling Da midget cocksucker? How about dumb muthafucken ****?
Namecalling was fun ...when I was 7 ...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/fr/1/1e/Special_K.jpg

Xevious
04-12-2015, 03:13 PM
The best way to stop this strategy is to make a few fucking free throws. If said player does not have the testicular fortitude to do so, his coach needs to step in and bench him. It's been said already, but these guys make an absurd amount of money to play a game. If they can't spend some free time in the gym getting their FT% above 50, the team that signs them deserves to watch them sweat at the line.

djohn2oo8
04-12-2015, 03:48 PM
The best way to stop this strategy is to make a few fucking free throws. If said player does not have the testicular fortitude to do so, his coach needs to step in and bench him. It's been said already, but these guys make an absurd amount of money to play a game. If they can't spend some free time in the gym getting their FT% above 50, the team that signs them deserves to watch them sweat at the line.

This

~O~
04-12-2015, 04:59 PM
They're getting paid 10 lifetimes worth of money and an immediate fortune to shoot freethrow's.

NO FUCKING BAILING THEM OUT WITH RULES.

EITHER MAKE YOUR SHIT OR SHUT THE FUCK UP.