PDA

View Full Version : NBA rules Duncan block correct "no-call" and Ginobili drive incorrect "no call"

04-11-2015, 05:37 PM
Harden did commit a foul on Ginobili during the final Spurs drive by blocking him.

On the Duncan block, Duncan made contact first on the ball, contact afterwards is ruled incidental contact.

Source: http://official.nba.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2015/04/L2M-SAS-HOU-4-10-15.pdf

Diego20
04-11-2015, 05:39 PM
:bobo

Horse
04-11-2015, 05:57 PM
Rahaha fuck drexler!!!

Drachen
04-11-2015, 05:58 PM
Ouch

SpursFan86
04-11-2015, 05:59 PM
Interesting. I never knew that part of the rule about incidental contact. I would run at 3-point shooters all day. I'd go full steam ahead and as long as I block the ball, I can tackle the shooter and say my momentum made it incidental contact after the shot was blocked.

Clutchfans :lmao

FkLA
04-11-2015, 06:02 PM
Damn all the salty Rocket fans just got owned tbh. :lol

ElNono
04-11-2015, 06:04 PM
Ofcourse that Gino drive was a foul... they just don't call that shit on the road

ddjeffries
04-11-2015, 06:16 PM
exactly what we all thought. manu got fouled, harden didn't.

beirmeistr
04-11-2015, 06:20 PM
please take Gino off the crucufixion cross, he was innocent

capek
04-11-2015, 06:31 PM
How did they not review the play where Mills was tripped with the ball on the break and somehow the call went against him??

urunobili
04-11-2015, 06:35 PM
CROFL Watkins @ESPN

Calvin Watkins assuring the league will send an apology saying that the last play was a foul :lol

http://espn.go.com/blog/houston-rockets/post/_/id/378/rockets-losing-control-of-their-season

LoneStarState'sPride
04-11-2015, 07:00 PM
rocketfan is a dull, stupid creature

perfect fit for their dull, stupid team

vander
04-11-2015, 07:01 PM
Manu wasn't fouled, that small amount of contact happens on every drive, no excuse for losing control of the ball.

04-11-2015, 07:02 PM
How did they not review the play where Mills was tripped with the ball on the break and somehow the call went against him??

That was a 2012 WCFish call

FkLA
04-11-2015, 07:08 PM

Nah, Patty clearly pushed off before he tripped. That was actually a good call imo.

I did think stopping play in the middle of the 4th to review the Harden halfcourt shot was strange though. I thought they could only do that in the final two minutes.

still.focused
04-11-2015, 07:15 PM
Manu wasn't fouled, that small amount of contact happens on every drive, no excuse for losing control of the ball.

2 seperate plays
He got fouled early in the drive
As he continued the drive then he loses the ball
If they call the foul hes at the line & the TO never happens

hitmanyr2k
04-11-2015, 07:18 PM
I called that Duncan block clean last night. It was clear as day he got ball first. Even some Spurs fans were calling it a foul lol. They must have been convinced by Drexler's little tirade at the end.

hitmanyr2k
04-11-2015, 07:21 PM

Mills wasn't tripped. He was in full troll/flop mode last night so he tried to throw himself into the defender while dribbling to draw a foul Harden-style and got caught. The ref made a good call there. Mills has done that before.

Malik Hairston
04-11-2015, 07:23 PM
Nah, Patty clearly pushed off before he tripped. That was actually a good call imo.

I did think stopping play in the middle of the 4th to review the Harden halfcourt shot was strange though. I thought they could only do that in the final two minutes.

Mills clearly pushed off, but I thought they should have called a foul on Brewer prior to that, he was reaching/bodying Mills all the way up court IIRC..

Raven
04-11-2015, 07:33 PM
good call from the nba

boutons_deux
04-11-2015, 07:47 PM
it's quite amazing that the NBA would put on those reports, very honest, and good faith

KaiRMD1
04-11-2015, 07:50 PM
"He hammered him!" - Clyde Drexler

MI21
04-11-2015, 08:05 PM
It really amazes me how Clyde Drexler was able to become a significant player in NBA history, he is extremely dense.

That genetic lottery, tbh. If he didn't play basketball he would probably be unemployed.

spurraider21
04-11-2015, 08:06 PM
was just calls in the last 2 minutes

they could have reviewed 100+ plays probably

DMC
04-11-2015, 08:16 PM
please take Gino off the crucufixion cross, he was innocent

Manu exaggerates contact and expected the call instead of trying to protect the basketball. Old habits die hard.

kjhip1
04-11-2015, 08:49 PM
It really amazes me how Clyde Drexler was able to become a significant player in NBA history, he is extremely dense.

That genetic lottery, tbh. If he didn't play basketball he would probably be unemployed.

:lol

capek
04-11-2015, 09:36 PM
was just calls in the last 2 minutes

they could have reviewed 100+ plays probably

Ah ok, that makes sense then. Ya, it was a pretty bizarre game officiating-wise.

pgardn
04-11-2015, 10:42 PM
Harden claimed that he was blocked cleanly but was still in the shooting mode when Tim then continued through and fouled him. I take this to mean Harden thought he still had contol after Duncan got his hand on the ball and had a chance to score when Duncan then got him on the wrist.

Before the review by the NBA, Harden had stated he should have made the shot. The NBA ruled that Randolph did foul Harden at the end of a game where no foul was called.

Strange stuff.

hyhy
04-12-2015, 01:41 AM

Refs can review a call anytime during the game when they are unsure of what to call.
The 2mins thing is for the teams. As in, teams can only request the refs to review a call in the last 2mins even when the refs alr made a judgment.

hyhy
04-12-2015, 01:44 AM
Mills wasn't tripped. He was in full troll/flop mode last night so he tried to throw himself into the defender while dribbling to draw a foul Harden-style and got caught. The ref made a good call there. Mills has done that before.

Even so, mills was in front of the defender which means he got into the position first. Its like the trapping thing that point guards do after a screen. So by right its still a foul by the defender

Silver&Black
04-12-2015, 02:02 AM
Trolling clutchfans earlier....

I saw quite a few people talking about the half-courter Har_en hit when we hacked J:lolsh Smith. I know they reviewed it and said no-basket....but a lot of them were saying it should have counted. I never remember seeing a good replay of it....

Anybody see one? And in your honest opinion (no bias) was the ball still in his hand?

RD2191
04-12-2015, 02:24 AM
Trolling clutchfans earlier....

I saw quite a few people talking about the half-courter Har_en hit when we hacked J:lolsh Smith. I know they reviewed it and said no-basket....but a lot of them were saying it should have counted. I never remember see a good replay of it....

Anybody see one? And in your honest opinion (no bias) was the ball still in his hand?
It was close but not enough to count. Ball was still in has hand when I don't remember who put his hands on Smith.

kuato
04-12-2015, 02:30 AM
What about Baynes 6th ?

Arcadian
04-12-2015, 12:55 PM
:lol Nice...

BTW, did anyone upload highlights of that game with Spurs commentary? I wanted to hear what Bill and Sean were saying, instead of those faggots in Houston...

spurs10
04-12-2015, 01:07 PM
Too bad that idiot Drexler can't be fined. They fine everyone else. He is bad for the NBA brand. Good call! Spurs ball!!!

maverick1948
04-12-2015, 07:25 PM
:lol Nice...

BTW, did anyone upload highlights of that game with Spurs commentary? I wanted to hear what Bill and Sean were saying, instead of those faggots in Houston...

Sean and Bill both said the same as the NBA. They watched replay and saw the block. Called it a block.
For those who are questioning the contact after the block, one question. How many blocks would there be if that small of contact was called a foul instead of a block? Likely, 1/2 of the blocks would disappear.

Arcadian
04-12-2015, 07:29 PM
Sean and Bill both said the same as the NBA. They watched replay and saw the block. Called it a block.

Nice. It just sucks that NBA TV aired the Rockets broadcast, and all of the Youtube uploads have it as the audio. So instead of hearing quality commentary, we get the bitchy whining of butthurt Rocket fans instead.