PDA

View Full Version : 18 straight winning season on the road! Yah Baby!!!

Galileo
04-11-2015, 08:53 PM
18 straight winnings season on the road! Yah Baby!!!

The Spurs have now clinched an 18th consecutive season with a winning record on the road! I am sure this is an NBA record by far, and most likely a record for any of the 4 major pro sports.

Question:

What about college football and college basketball? And by winning, I mean ABOVE .500, not just equal to .500.

OK, stat freaks, have at it!!!

:flag:

barbacoataco
04-11-2015, 09:13 PM
That is an incredible feat and a tribute to the Big 3 who have been together for 13 of those years. Thinking back and all the players who have played on those teams. A few of my favorite, besides the obvious-
Mario Elie- when he came on board for the 1st time the Spurs were tough. Throughout the 90's the Spurs won regular season games, but really didn't play defense, and folded in the playoffs. Elie had that swagger.
Malik Rose- typical Spur, team 1st. Also a tough player.
Fabricio Oberto- a smart player who was always in the right place at the right team. He made a good partner for Duncan, and was one of the most "European" style players of his time.
Brent Barry- another smart player with a great passing game. Of course he was a great shooter, but he also helped the offense move and was a better defender than given credit for. A winner.
Stephen Jackson- in 2003 he was the thug on defense and streaky shooter who made them when he needed to. How would history have been different if the Spurs would have signed him long term?
Robert Horry- still after all these years if you could pull a rabbit out of a hat in the middle of a playoff game and bring in a bench player, it would be 2005 Horry, the essence of "Big Shot."

DieHardSpursFan1537
04-12-2015, 12:43 AM
Can guarantee you no other NBA team will ever achieve that feat. The Spurs and their front office have crafted a dynasty over the years that has maintained its consistency for a staggering amount of time.

Silver&Black
04-12-2015, 01:00 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flq_8Z4QJ1s

JohnnyMax
04-12-2015, 02:01 AM
:toast

Galileo
04-12-2015, 05:52 PM
I want to see more research. Come on folks.

Silver&Black
04-12-2015, 06:04 PM
I want to see more research. Come on folks.

Well I think it's safe to say that it hasn't happened in the NFL, MLB, or NBA. No team comes to mind in those 3 sports that hasn't had at least one bad year in that time span.

Now on to College Football...Even the powerhouses like Alabama, USC, Ohio State, have again had at least one shitty season in the past 18 years. If you want to find one....I'm thinking a Div. II or Div. III team would be our best bet. I'll look into it....but do Div. II and below teams actually count?

Galileo
04-12-2015, 08:45 PM
Well I think it's safe to say that it hasn't happened in the NFL, MLB, or NBA. No team comes to mind in those 3 sports that hasn't had at least one bad year in that time span.

Now on to College Football...Even the powerhouses like Alabama, USC, Ohio State, have again had at least one shitty season in the past 18 years. If you want to find one....I'm thinking a Div. II or Div. III team would be our best bet. I'll look into it....but do Div. II and below teams actually count?

good work. That is a start.

heyheymymy
04-13-2015, 02:38 AM
:flag:

mkurts
04-13-2015, 03:41 AM
Simply incredible

Seventyniner
04-13-2015, 06:45 AM

College football is a tough one because many of the power teams only play 4 true road games per year. Actually, a handful play 3 because one game (like Florida vs Georgia) could be at a neutral site.

Silver&Black
04-13-2015, 05:12 PM
College football is a tough one because many of the power teams only play 4 true road games per year. Actually, a handful play 3 because one game (like Florida vs Georgia) could be at a neutral site.

Yeah I thought about that too. There are way too many "neutral site" games in college football nowadays. It seems like half of the week 1 games are played at a neutral site now.

I still think our best bet is a team that has dominated a weak conference. Like a Boise State...they have had no competition in that division for a long time, but I don't think it's been anywhere near 18 years.