PDA

View Full Version : OT: Funny Article: Mayweather not worried about Pacquiao’s high volume attack

Koolaid_Man
04-12-2015, 09:46 AM
The Roachmiester is at it again....:lol this shit while funny is actually pretty accurate....:lol

It’s increasingly clear that Manny Pacquiao’s game plan for the Floyd Mayweather Jr fight is to throw a ton of punches and hope that Mayweather can’t defend against them all when they get inside the ring on May 2nd.

The high punch volume attack is an idea that Freddie Roach dreamed up six years ago when he first started talking about which game plan would work against Mayweather.

Now six years later boxing fans will get a chance to see for themselves whether Roach knows what he’s talking about or if he’s merely deluded like he was when he was Oscar De La Hoya’s trainer for the Mayweather fight in 2007. Roach’s game plan didn’t work in that fight, and it’s quite possible that his game plan will come up empty for the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight.

Mayweather acknowledges this same old tired plan has been tried again and again in the past, and it never works. Even arguably the best pressure fighter in boxing, Marcos Maidana, was unable to defeat Mayweather with his pressure, power and huge size.Madaina weighed 165 pounds in his first fight with Mayweather in 2014, and it failed to lead him to victory. Pacquiao isn’t nearly as good at putting pressure on his opponents as Maidana. Instead of putting nonstop pressure on his opponents, Pacquiao likes to jump in and jump out, which gives his opponents a break from the pressure. It also makes it easy to time Pacquiao when he jumps in to make an attack.

Mayweather says that throwing a lot of punches at him doesn’t work, and he’s right about that. If Pacquiao doesn’t heed Mayweather’s words and come up with a new and fresh plan for the fight on May 2nd, then I can see Mayweather straight up clowning the Filipino star in front of a huge worldwide audience.

Now here's the funny part......:lmao

When you watch Pacquiao workout, you’ll notice that he throws a lot of quick flurries less than a foot in front of him rather than extending his arms the way normal fighters do when punching. I think this is a real waste of time for Pacquiao, because Mayweather isn’t going to be crowding Pacquiao to within 10 inches for Pacquiao to throw his shot flurries all night long. That’s a style that is useless against Mayweather because he fights on the outside.

I’m surprised that Pacquiao’s trainer Freddie Roach hasn’t pulled Pacquiao aside and told him ‘You might want to lengthen your punches because Mayweather doesn’t have T-Rex arms. Those flurries you’re throwing are going to be coming up short two feet of the target on May 2nd.’ Seriously, Pacquiao is punching at air as if he thinks Mayweather is going to be clued to him within breathing room rather than Mayweather standing three to four feet in front of Pacquiao all night long.

When you see Pacquiao making constant mistakes in his training, it makes you wonder if Roach is asleep at the wheel in his training. You want to shake some sense into him. Roach should be correcting that kind of stuff instead of him just holding the mitts and whispering words of encouragement to the 36-year-old Filipino star. Maybe Roach has been training Pacquiao too long, and he’s unable to get some perspective on the mistakes he’s making.

If Pacquiao tries the old high volume punch attack trick against Mayweather on May 2nd, I can see it going really badly for Pacquiao. I can see him getting schooled badly by Mayweather with him lighting Pacquiao up like a Christmas tree.

Mayweather doesn’t say what he’s going to do in this fight against Pacquiao, but it’s pretty clear that he’s going to be taking advantage of Pacquiao’s wildness by countering him constantly and making him pay for all of his attempts at landing a lot of shots. If Pacquiao doesn’t learn to stop throwing punches on his own, then Mayweather is going to look to teach him.

Raven
04-12-2015, 09:53 AM
in other words, he's gonna pussy around and hope for the best instead of landing one or two true punches and show who has the big dick.

Koolaid_Man
04-12-2015, 09:59 AM
in other words, he's gonna pussy around and hope for the best instead of landing one or two true punches and show who has the big dick.

:lol the article is SPOT The Fuck ON and you know it....Both fighters will have their moments....but the author is 100% accurate.....

Raven
04-12-2015, 10:07 AM
:lol the article is SPOT The Fuck ON and you know it....Both fighters will have their moments....but the author is 100% accurate.....

yeah i agree. Actually, i don't think the fight will be close at all.

Mitch
04-12-2015, 11:28 AM
I feel like this will just be Mayweather vs Maidana III. Never count out a lucky KO but the decision always favors the smarter boxer.

RsxPiimp
04-12-2015, 11:39 AM
I actually agree with Floyd. Castillo landed more punches than Mayweather and lost. Maidana 1 also landed more jabs and power punches than Floyd and lost. There's a reason why Floyd is confident he won't lose. The judges are all brought, hand picked and paid for by Mayweather. Manny has to knock this nigga out to stand a chance:lol

Plus, Mayweathers mouthpiece already put the word out. If Floyd wins by decision, he will not agree for a rematch.

MultiTroll
04-12-2015, 11:49 AM
Koon Maiden,
Whaddaya think about Larry Flint putting large dough down on Pacman saying the whole fight smells funny?

UZER
04-12-2015, 12:17 PM
:lol all this absolute confident talk yet he refused to fight him for 6 years.

Cry Havoc
04-12-2015, 12:41 PM
:lol all this absolute confident talk yet he ducked him for 6 years.

ShinerBlack
04-12-2015, 12:55 PM
I didn't know Mayweather and Pacquiao were NBA players. Makes sense that this thread is in the NBA forum. now I remembered why i only posted on this site for a few weeks...

ShinerBlack
04-12-2015, 12:58 PM
Seriously, true Laker fans would be hyping the up coming draft and not knob slobbing on boxing in an NBA forum.

Koolaid_Man
04-12-2015, 01:31 PM
Seriously, true Laker fans would be hyping the up coming draft and not knob slobbing on boxing in an NBA forum.

Soon as i get home....and finish eating my chicken wings and special fried rice from the Asian joint...I will address your bitchass properly....right now I'm typing this using my phones voice software.....

You got dam moron

Killakobe81
04-12-2015, 01:37 PM

When does being a fan of the Lakers stop you from appreciating a big event fight? I dont post threads about it but we have had some good takes on the subject along with a bunch of posturing ... better than another Parker sucks, Rose is finished, westbrook/Curry is a chucker, Lebron has no help thread ...

Koolaid_Man
04-12-2015, 01:40 PM
:lol all this absolute confident talk yet he refused to fight him for 6 years.

You're a moron if its lost on you why he didnt fight the roid loser.....now look at who's getting almost 200 mill...for 36 min of work...:lol

UZER
04-12-2015, 01:41 PM
You're a moron if its lost on you why he didnt fight the roid loser.....now look at who's getting almost 200 mill...for 36 min of work...:lol

Yeah sure...that's it.

UZER
04-12-2015, 01:44 PM
:lol 36 min. Admitting he's gonna run the whole fight.

ShinerBlack
04-13-2015, 06:53 AM
Soon as i get home....and finish eating my chicken wings and special fried rice from the Asian joint...I will address your bitchass properly....right now I'm typing this using my phones voice software.....

You got dam moron
Great reply, very insightful, you are a credit to all mankind and I am sure will go on to do great things in the future. I am truly humbled... jackass

ShinerBlack
04-13-2015, 06:56 AM
When does being a fan of the Lakers stop you from appreciating a big event fight? I dont post threads about it but we have had some good takes on the subject along with a bunch of posturing ... better than another Parker sucks, Rose is finished, westbrook/Curry is a chucker, Lebron has no help thread ...

I totally agree, when it is in the right forum.

TampaDude
04-13-2015, 08:01 AM
Pac-Man is gonna destroy Pretty Boy. Just watch.

Thebesteva
04-13-2015, 07:04 PM
My prediction is Pac and May will make millions and OP will still be avoiding child support payments

http://static.fjcdn.com/large/pictures/59/82/598215_4510713.jpg

Kidd K
04-14-2015, 12:01 AM
Kind of silly to compare Maidana and Pac though. Maidana isn't nearly as accurate with his punches, he just throws a shitton of inaccurate punches. That's like saying 3pt shooting doesn't work against the zone because a shitty 3pt shooting team kept missing their 3s.

phxspurfan
01-01-2019, 03:39 AM
Mayweather went high volume on a bitch in Japan

https://twitter.com/SheldanKeay/status/1079745872823574528

spurraider21
01-02-2019, 03:51 PM
cant believe he got paid millions to box a kickboxer who weighs 20 less pounds than him :lol

HarlemHeat37
01-02-2019, 06:03 PM
Floyd looked better than ever, doesn't make sense to be that good at his age..

Down Under
01-03-2019, 02:27 AM
Floyd looked better than ever, doesn't make sense to be that good at his age..
Yeah despite their being an almost 30 pound difference in their most recent fighting weights, his timing & speed look awesome. He would still murder Canelo & he didn't even look in that great shape :lol