PDA

View Full Version : What the Hell is up with Patty Mills?

DMC
04-12-2015, 08:08 PM
He gets in the game, gets a rebound and runs hog fucking wild to the opposite and and throws the ball away with 5 seconds on the clock. I know the team was doing it all night, but 2 minutes for Patty. You'd think Patty would calm the fuck down just a bit and establish himself in the game before trying to impress everyone with no look passes.

spurraider21
04-12-2015, 08:10 PM
damn, if only there was a game thread

DMC
04-12-2015, 08:13 PM
damn, if only there was a game thread
You'd not be here, fucking up this one.

Game threads are dynamic, not subject oriented.

RD2191
04-12-2015, 08:13 PM
the dude is trash, has always been a chucker

DMC
04-12-2015, 08:20 PM
He's not trash but he's a colossal chucker. That's all he's good for. His backcourt hustle is infectious and gets the team going, but he's not that ball of energy off the bench he was. Is he settled into his new contract already? I realize he had surgery last year on his shoulder, but his fuck ups aren't obviously physical limitations. It seems almost as if he's taken his foot off the gas since he signed a contract.

TheGreatYacht
04-12-2015, 08:20 PM
It's his destiny to be our Playoff backup PG

RD2191
04-12-2015, 08:22 PM
He's not trash but he's a colossal chucker. That's all he's good for. His backcourt hustle is infectious and gets the team going, but he's not that ball of energy off the bench he was. Is he settled into his new contract already? I realize he had surgery last year on his shoulder, but his fuck ups aren't obviously physical limitations. It seems almost as if he's taken his foot off the gas since he signed a contract.
I really don't know what his problem is. Pop is pulling him quicker than ever. I remember I was pissed off plenty last year because he was attempting more shots off of the bench than Kawhi as a starter. But who knows.

K...
04-12-2015, 08:30 PM
He's a confidence guy. It's not there yet.end of story..

Budkin
04-12-2015, 08:38 PM

Last game he had it... I have a feeling it'll be back full force in the playoffs.

DMC
04-12-2015, 08:45 PM
It's really not that simple. It makes it easier to digest by saying it that way, so knock yourself out, but if confidence was the key JR Smith or Gary Neal would never miss a shot.

A player who will shoot a pull up three in transition with no one else back has confidence or they are stupid (or that good). He's not stupid, he's not that good, so it must be confidence allowing him to do it.

He's not playing within the system when he's out there, and is trying to do too much, trying to win it in one play. He's always been that way but Pop knows they have to protect the ball to have a chance at a title. I don't know where Mills fits in where that's concerned. He's not good at attacking the paint, has a decent outside shot, decent court vision, but gets ahead of himself I think.

So it's more about execution than confidence,

Silver&Black
04-12-2015, 08:53 PM
Coasting....

http://www.eileenvollmer.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/coasting-on-bikejpg.jpg

ElNono
04-12-2015, 08:53 PM
coasting, non-issue

EDIT: mah nig S&B beat me to it :toast

milkyway21
04-12-2015, 09:40 PM

NBA finals Vs Miami:
Game 5 : 4 3-ptrs & a lay-up against LeBron in 5min? Trash?
so it was fluke then?

RD2191
04-12-2015, 09:42 PM
NBA finals Vs Miami:
Game 5 : 4 3-ptrs & a lay-up against LeBron in 5min? Trash?
so it was fluke then?
I've been calling Mills trash since forever. I'm trying to work the reverse jinx.:lol Although I do think he took too many shots last year coming off the bench.

milkyway21
04-12-2015, 09:45 PM
I've been calling Mills trash since forever. I'm trying to work the reverse jinx.:lol Although I do think he took too many shots last year coming off the bench.

:lol.

Well I hope he gets add'l min or just be ready when he's needed..

DieHardSpursFan1537
04-12-2015, 09:49 PM
Surgery. He'll probably stop coasting come playoff time and miraculously start banking 5 3's a game.

04-12-2015, 09:56 PM
It's similar to when Cojo lost his backup spot to Mills last season. Any time he got in he was trying to score, and score quick, because he felt it was his only time to prove his worth and win his starting spot back.

I don't care who the backup is as long as we can get solid play from him.

heyheymymy
04-12-2015, 10:15 PM
He will be be fine. Will pay off in a post season game here and there with his explosive offense.

manufan10
04-12-2015, 10:20 PM
I think it's a mixture of a few things already mentioned: his injury, confidence, trying to do too much, and trying too hard to earn his backup PG spot back.

heyheymymy
04-12-2015, 10:25 PM
Mills is a tournament player and hits that next gear in games that matter.

I'm pulling for him to find his shot consistently. Spurs need that punch.