PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hear from Pat Robertson or Jerry Fallwell?

Ocotillo
09-06-2005, 04:43 PM
link (http://www.salon.com/politics/war_room/index.html?blog=/politics/war_room/2005/08/30/hurricane/index.html)

http://www.salon.com/ent/col/fix/2005/08/30/tue/story.gif

Two days after 9/11, Jerry Falwell took to the airwaves to proclaim that God had allowed the United States to be attacked because "the pagans and the abortionists and the feminists and the gays and the lesbians" had tried to transform America into a secular society. Just this weekend, wingnuts from the Westboro Baptist Church turned out at the funerals of two fallen soldiers to say that God is punishing the United States in Iraq for its tolerance of homosexuality back home.

So when Hurricane Katrina hit land yesterday, we knew it was only a matter of time before we'd be hearing from the lunatic fringe again. And now, here it is. In an e-mail message we just received, a group calling itself Columbia Christians for Life alerts us to the fact that a satellite image of Hurricane Katrina as it hit the Gulf Coast Monday looks just like a six-week-old fetus.

"The image of the hurricane ... with its eye already ashore at 12:32 p.m. Monday, August 29, looks like a fetus (unborn human baby) facing to the left (west) in the womb, in the early weeks of gestation (approx. 6 weeks)," the e-mail message says. "Even the orange color of the image is reminiscent of a commonly used pro-life picture of early prenatal development."

And in case you're not getting the point, the e-mail message spells it out in black and white: "Louisiana has 10 child-murder-by-abortion centers," the groups says, and "five are in New Orleans."

But why would God single out Louisiana? Other states have many more abortion clinics, and Louisiana and the other states hit hardest by Katrina all voted for the pro-life president of the United States. It didn't add up for us at first, but the Columbia Christians for Life have an answer for everything. God has already punished California with earthquakes, forest fires and mudslides; New York with 9/11; and Florida with Hurricanes Bonnie, Charley, Frances, Ivan, Jeanne and the early version of Katrina.

Dos
09-06-2005, 05:27 PM
has anyone heard from michael moore or cindy sheenan?

Vashner
09-06-2005, 05:30 PM
Pat's there on the ground.. he was on tv earlier.

exstatic
09-06-2005, 06:40 PM
UH, yeah, it looks like a fetus, minus the legs and torso. Ridiculous.

Spurminator
09-06-2005, 06:46 PM
:lol

You can't make this shit up...

mookie2001
09-06-2005, 06:47 PM
ill say it again
fallwell speaks for all conservatives
using my whottt-michael moore logic, i'll now bring him up in 1/4th of my political posts

Nbadan
09-06-2005, 07:24 PM
Well, at least Pat Robertson is getting paid. Ummm..with victim recovery money

Disaster used as political payoff

The Federal Emergency Management Agency has done it again.
Already under fire for its woeful response to Hurricane Katrina, the federal disaster agency appears to have turned hurricane relief donations into a political payoff - until it was challenged.

All last week, FEMA bureaucrats gave prominent placement on the agency's Web site to Operation Blessing, the Virginia-based charity run by controversial right-wing evangelist and Christian Coalition founder Pat Robertson.

For anyone wishing to donate only cash, the agency's site listed the names and phone numbers of three groups: the Red Cross, Operation Blessing and America's Second Harvest, a national coalition of food banks.

That first list was followed by a second, longer list of several dozen religious and nonsectarian charities. This second list was for anyone who wanted to give either cash or noncash gifts.

NY Daily News (http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/343813p-293471c.html)

Cant_Be_Faded
09-06-2005, 07:35 PM
you mean Jerry FARTwell

(a larry flint joke, not a cbf joke)

cecil collins
09-06-2005, 07:39 PM
ill say it again
fallwell speaks for all conservatives
using my whottt-michael moore logic, i'll now bring him up in 1/4th of my political posts

Now that's how you make a joke. Take lessons DOS.

Dos
09-06-2005, 08:27 PM
I can denounce that pat robertson doesn't speak for me, and never have supported him.....

can you denounce michael moore as your mouth piece?

cecil collins
09-06-2005, 08:48 PM
Me, yes, and I hope that was a rhetorical question because noone in their right mind is gonna say that someone is their "mouthpiece." I don't care about Michael Moore, but obviously some liberals do. You may not care about Robertson, but obviously some conservatives do.

Guru of Nothing
09-06-2005, 09:00 PM
Remarkable! Even the color is the similar.

Trainwreck2100
09-06-2005, 09:12 PM
link (http://www.salon.com/politics/war_room/index.html?blog=/politics/war_room/2005/08/30/hurricane/index.html)

http://www.salon.com/ent/col/fix/2005/08/30/tue/story.gif

Does anyone else see a duck?

jochhejaam
09-06-2005, 09:42 PM
UH, yeah, it looks like a fetus, minus the legs and torso. Ridiculous.

Maybe it was the image of an aborted fetus, the legs and torso are often ripped apart during an abortion.

The satellite image does resemble a fetus regardless of whether the story merits consideration.

ChumpDumper
09-06-2005, 10:12 PM
I didn't think God would be so subtle and obtuse at the same time.

Next time, he could just send an email. If God's answer for kiling the innocent is killing more innocents, I have to conclude he's kind of a dick.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-06-2005, 10:28 PM
have u checked out the old testament?

god can be malicious, at times, when things are their worst

thispego
09-06-2005, 10:51 PM
Maybe it was the image of an aborted fetus, the legs and torso are often ripped apart during an abortion.

The satellite image does resemble a fetus regardless of whether the story merits consideration.
A hurrican has an eye... a Fetus has an eye.... it's all so clear now
God's wrath is upon us!!!!

Guru of Nothing
09-06-2005, 11:22 PM
Maybe God hates all the Baptists in Southern Mississippi??

thispego
09-06-2005, 11:23 PM
god is very selective

Guru of Nothing
09-06-2005, 11:34 PM
Does anyone else see a duck?

I'm missing the duck, but I see a bong hit.

Vashner
09-07-2005, 12:23 AM
I think that reporter that works for Pat Robertson is his love mistress..