View Full Version : Batum knee injury

hater
04-13-2015, 07:51 PM
Let's stay in 5th imo

niggas have no wing players :lol

no wright, no affalo, no mathews and now... no Batum :lol

Malik Hairston
04-13-2015, 07:53 PM
Ya, I've been saying that for weeks, would rather get 5th and play vs. GS earlier, tbh..

Batum and especially Afflalo are pretty bad players nowadays, but still, no depth and gimmick team..

Silver&Black
04-13-2015, 07:53 PM
Rather get the 2nd seed....

Warriors will choke...and we will have HCA throughout the Western Conference Finals.

hater
04-13-2015, 07:54 PM
Ya, I've been saying that for weeks, would rather get 5th and play vs. GS earlier, tbh..

Batum and especially Afflalo are pretty bad players nowadays, but still, no depth and gimmick team..

agree imo

ViceCity86
04-13-2015, 07:56 PM
Michael Finley,Brent Barry,Ime Udoka,Devin Brown want in.

Blazers announcers :lol Smug assholes.

100%duncan
04-13-2015, 07:57 PM
Rather get the 2nd seed....

Warriors will choke...and we will have HCA throughout the Western Conference Finals.

Dex
04-13-2015, 08:03 PM
Play to win, and let the cards fall as they will.

Robz4000
04-13-2015, 08:05 PM
Holy shit, they just might've lost McCollum too

hater
04-13-2015, 08:05 PM
Mccollum limping too for the blazers this is getting ridiculous

icango
04-13-2015, 08:07 PM
blazers might now finished the game with 5 guys

ViceCity86
04-13-2015, 08:11 PM
Portland Frailblazers

Arc
04-13-2015, 08:12 PM
lol cursed team.

Budkin
04-13-2015, 08:14 PM
I still want 2nd.

100%duncan
04-13-2015, 08:18 PM

Yup. Too many variables, so just win,

jdelar03
04-13-2015, 08:21 PM
I really don't think the Spurs at this point are shacking in their boots over anyone...line em up and knock em down take on all chalengers. :makemyday:flag:

Raven
04-13-2015, 08:26 PM
non-issue

on a serious note, that's what you get when you play guys 48per game for three years ..

Raven
04-13-2015, 08:26 PM
i don't feel sorry for them one bit, they deserve their misfortune.

ElNono
04-13-2015, 08:27 PM
Is Terry Stots the whitest black coach in the league, tbh?

HI-FI
04-13-2015, 08:42 PM
Is Terry Stots the whitest black coach in the league, tbh?
:lol

BatManu20
04-13-2015, 08:49 PM
You guys really think the Warriors are going to lose to the Clippers or Rockets, tbh..?

Raven
04-13-2015, 09:03 PM
You guys really think the Warriors are going to lose to the Clippers or Rockets, tbh..?

to the clippers? they could.

Bartleby
04-13-2015, 09:08 PM
I'd like to see Pop rest his starters against NO and see the Blazers in the first round. This Blazers team is so shorthanded the Spurs should be able to sweep them and maybe even get some extra rest days before playing Golden State.

The Spurs would not have HCA against GS anyway, and that's the only team they may really need it against.

HI-FI
04-13-2015, 09:14 PM
I'd like to see Pop rest his starters against NO and see the Blazers in the first round. This Blazers team is so shorthanded the Spurs should be able to sweep them and maybe even get some extra rest days before playing Golden State.

The Spurs would not have HCA against GS anyway, and that's the only team they may really need it against.
cosigned.

BOHOLANO#21
04-13-2015, 09:17 PM
Dumb asses if the Spurs losses the last game they will end up number 6 if houston win their last game! Last time i checked number 6 plays number 3 not number 4 which is portland!

ElNono
04-13-2015, 09:21 PM
you had one job, Portland.... smh

Sean Cagney
04-13-2015, 09:21 PM

Damn right. Spurs want that higher seed and will gun for it.

K...
04-13-2015, 09:24 PM
Dallas will be just as easy as Portland. Instead of no names you get old names. Better warm up team too. I don't care about GSW early or late. There is no difference. But being five and having to play the 2,3 winner on the road would suck. Imagine if we come out of GSW tired or injured. We would definitely want home court

hater
04-13-2015, 09:40 PM

Bingo

Bartleby
04-13-2015, 09:57 PM
Dumb asses if the Spurs losses the last game they will end up number 6 if houston win their last game! Last time i checked number 6 plays number 3 not number 4 which is portland!

Memphis is going to be the sixth seed.

apalisoc_9
04-13-2015, 09:59 PM
I don't believe in playing for positioning in order to play a weaker team..

Bartleby
04-13-2015, 10:03 PM
I don't believe in playing for positioning in order to play a weaker team..

I don't want to see a repeat of the last regular season game of 2011.

Agloco
04-13-2015, 10:05 PM
Seeding doesn't matter as much as being opposite the Clippers and Warriors.

spurs10
04-13-2015, 10:14 PM
Too bad..Pelicans.

TheGreatYacht
04-13-2015, 10:28 PM
As someone before me said, Dallas is a perfect warm-up team. You don't want the Spurs to sweep Portland, go on a 15+ win streak, and then get hit hard and get shook... 2012

Dallas brought out the best in the Spurs and prepared them for the rest of the way.

cjw
04-14-2015, 12:22 AM

Only if they fall to the Pacers. Which is very possible considering they'll be fighting for their lives.

BOHOLANO#21
04-14-2015, 01:44 PM

I guess you're one of them dummy too, spurs losses last game and memphis wins they will end up tied at 55-27...memphis owns tie breaker with more conference win...spurs number 6 and plays clippers in first round. Spurs win automatic number 2 regardless of what happen to other teams game.

Bartleby
04-14-2015, 02:36 PM
I guess you're one of them dummy too, spurs losses last game and memphis wins they will end up tied at 55-27...memphis owns tie breaker with more conference win...spurs number 6 and plays clippers in first round. Spurs win automatic number 2 regardless of what happen to other teams game.

Yeah, I get all that, but I don't think Memphis is going to win that game against Indy.

will_spurs
04-14-2015, 03:29 PM
The only upside to playing GSW early is that they might pick up steam as they go through the first 2 rounds, which usually isn't the case for a team of playoffs virgins. That's rather what you could expect from veterans such as 2014 Spurs...

On the other end the upside to playing GSW as late as possible is actually manifold: a) they could have been eliminated already, obviously; b) they might be tired, especially if series go to 7 physical games (a series against Houston or Clippers could do that); c) they might start losing confidence as they realize the playoffs are harder than the regular season; d) they might be crushed by the pressure of playing in an advanced round (especially the WCF); and e) one of their key players could get injured.

Kidd K
04-14-2015, 04:46 PM
Uh, why would you want the 5 seed? The first round isn't going to be that fucking hard anyway since ts the Mavs; a team playing .500 ball lately. Why're you pussies shooting for 2nd round aspirations? Wanting an easier first round in exchange for a shittier 2nd round? Dumb.

Malik Hairston
04-14-2015, 08:12 PM
Uh, why would you want the 5 seed? The first round isn't going to be that fucking hard anyway since ts the Mavs; a team playing .500 ball lately. Why're you pussies shooting for 2nd round aspirations? Wanting an easier first round in exchange for a shittier 2nd round? Dumb.

How is that dumb? The Spurs are an old team, you could easily argue that they should take the inevitable Warriors matchup in the 2nd round, rather than having the wear&tear of a 2nd round, adding mileage to Duncan/Ginobili/Parker, see: 2008 playoffs vs. New Orleans..

The only reason to avoid the Warriors is out of hope that somebody else can beat them, but realistically, the Clippers are the only other team that has even a puncher's chance against them..

Being eliminated in the 2nd round, rather than the 3rd round doesn't get you anything:lol..there's no prize for 2nd place..

Malik Hairston
04-14-2015, 08:15 PM
The only upside to playing GSW early is that they might pick up steam as they go through the first 2 rounds, which usually isn't the case for a team of playoffs virgins. That's rather what you could expect from veterans such as 2014 Spurs...

On the other end the upside to playing GSW as late as possible is actually manifold: a) they could have been eliminated already, obviously; b) they might be tired, especially if series go to 7 physical games (a series against Houston or Clippers could do that); c) they might start losing confidence as they realize the playoffs are harder than the regular season; d) they might be crushed by the pressure of playing in an advanced round (especially the WCF); and e) one of their key players could get injured.

That's not the only upside, the Spurs are an old team that has played into June in 2 consecutive seasons, they have a ton of mileage..getting the Warriors earlier would help negate that..

Also, a 7-game series is more likely for the Spurs in the 2nd round(Clippers or Rockets) than it is for the Warriors(Grizzlies or Blazers)..

2008 series vs. New Orleans all over again, potentially

Kidd K
04-14-2015, 09:56 PM
How is that dumb? The Spurs are an old team, you could easily argue that they should take the inevitable Warriors matchup in the 2nd round, rather than having the wear&tear of a 2nd round, adding mileage to Duncan/Ginobili/Parker, see: 2008 playoffs vs. New Orleans..

The only reason to avoid the Warriors is out of hope that somebody else can beat them, but realistically, the Clippers are the only other team that has even a puncher's chance against them..

Being eliminated in the 2nd round, rather than the 3rd round doesn't get you anything:lol..there's no prize for 2nd place..

Who gives a shit if they're old? They won the title last year, so age isn't a factor. Even if it were and somehow it meant they'd get worse the further they got as you're insinuating, they would lose eventually anyway since they'd have 4 rounds to play through. Your logic is poor on that point. As for 2008, SA beat NO and Manu got injured. The "what if?" game is pointless because "what if?" it all played out the same anyway? Yeah, just as likely. Severely injured key player = you don't win title.

It has nothing to do with the Warriors and everything to do with having HCA in more series. Why play the Warriors in the 2nd round rather than 3rd for no reason, only to play without HCA for all 4 rounds potentially instead of just 2/4 or 1/4? Shitty idea dude.

It seems you're on the Warriors' bandwagon if you think it's assured they'll beat SA. Good luck with that.

mystargtr34
04-14-2015, 09:59 PM

I wouldn't mind 5th.. but id rather avoid GS to the WCF.. i think the Spurs beat them in a 7 game series.. but it will be a monster series similar to the Hornets series in 2008.. don't want them to blow their load to beat GS then be fatigued with still the WCF and Finals to go.. think if you can get to the WCF unscathed (which i think they should) then get through GS and into the Finals.. being there will give them the final push to win it all..

JMO.

mystargtr34
04-14-2015, 10:03 PM
Although i can see the argument of getting GS before you get too fatigued and using that series win to get your second wind and propel you to the 'ship..

I guess lets just let the chips fall where they may :lol as long as you avoid 6th.

TD 21
04-14-2015, 10:07 PM
I wouldn't mind 5th.. but id rather avoid GS to the WCF.. i think the Spurs beat them in a 7 game series.. but it will be a monster series similar to the Hornets series in 2008.. don't want them to blow their load to beat GS then be fatigued with still the WCF and Finals to go.. think if you can get to the WCF unscathed (which i think they should) then get through GS and into the Finals.. being there will give them the final push to win it all..

JMO.

Agreed. Harlem's thinking isn't necessarily flawed, but it does seem to ignore that, if they got through the Warriors, they wouldn't have home court against the Clippers/Rockets in the Conference Finals. Obviously, they could beat either without it, but I'd rather have it over either (and it'll more than likely be the Clippers) in the Conference-Semis and take my chances with the Warriors in the Conference Finals.

This is all semantics anyway, since either way it's impossible to know the level of stamina they'll have at each point and that along with health is going to decide this. This isn't a question of who's best is best.

Beaverfuzz
04-14-2015, 10:30 PM
I'll take the 2nd/3rd seed but would rather have the 5th. Beat Portland and GS, beat anyone else in their way.

Obstructed_View
04-14-2015, 10:51 PM
Glad Batum's knee injury wasn't more serious, but how the hell does someone get a knee contusion without contact? I didn't see his knee hit anything in the replays. Was I just getting the wrong angle?