04-14-2015, 12:31 AM
Actors paradox. Can't tell

Pauly D
04-14-2015, 12:56 AM
Not even a fan but that's a helluva rant tbh. That takes skill

HI-FI
04-14-2015, 01:22 AM
:lol
actors and their meltdowns. i wonder if this is from his new film about the 60 Minutes' forgeries, sympathetic to Dan Rather of course.

Mugen
04-14-2015, 01:29 AM
hoax tbh.

Cry Havoc
actors and their meltdowns. i wonder if this is from his new film about the 60 Minutes' forgeries, sympathetic to Dan Rather of course.

I kinda get it. You're used to speaking emotionally in the first place for your character, and then you add in the fact that a lot of actors turn in 12-18 hour days.

You do something for 12-18 hours a day, over and over again repeatedly while trying to maintain concentration and be someone else, and see what happens when someone isn't taking you seriously. It kind of makes sense. Actors already have the chops to speak confidently so it's just a matter of being creative with insults. :lol

Cry Havoc
hoax tbh.

Could be. Might not be.

spurraider21
04-14-2015, 01:47 AM
Could be. Might not be.
that's deep

HI-FI
04-14-2015, 01:54 AM
I kinda get it. You're used to speaking emotionally in the first place for your character, and then you add in the fact that a lot of actors turn in 12-18 hour days.

You do something for 12-18 hours a day, over and over again repeatedly while trying to maintain concentration and be someone else, and see what happens when someone isn't taking you seriously. It kind of makes sense. Actors already have the chops to speak confidently so it's just a matter of being creative with insults. :lol
possibly. i think it's more that they are treated like prima donnas, usually getting paid the most upfront. Also, when they pull this shit or treat the crew like crap, it's hard to fire them because then you'd have to re-film all their scenes and nobody wants to do that. Anyone else is more replaceable, even directors can be replaced and most people wouldn't know the difference. In most jobs they would get their ass beat for this shit.

hehateme
04-14-2015, 02:01 AM
dopey the dickhead really pissed him off didn't they

Cry Havoc
04-14-2015, 02:01 AM
possibly. i think it's more that they are treated like prima donnas, usually getting paid the most upfront. Also, when they pull this shit or treat the crew like crap, it's hard to fire them because then you'd have to re-film all their scenes and nobody wants to do that. Anyone else is more replaceable, even directors can be replaced and most people wouldn't know the difference. In most jobs they would get their ass beat for this shit.

In fairness, most jobs don't have people working 15 hour days doing the same thing over and over and being constantly micromanaged.

Not saying boo hoo actors have it rough, just saying that their level of acute frustration probably ramps up pretty quickly.

And I mean yeah, if you're one of the most recognizable people in the world with billions of dollars behind you, it definitely gives you a certain leeway, but also a certain authority. I'm sure that some of what Don't Dennis Me said here was spot fucking on.

Thread
04-14-2015, 03:28 AM
Not even a fan

PERIOD

Thebesteva
04-14-2015, 03:40 AM
Is it just me or does his rant sound like this scene from The Step Brothers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOKWaPUbqug

benefactor
04-14-2015, 06:15 AM
Didn't Christian Bale do some shit like this a while back?:lol

mingus
04-14-2015, 09:52 AM
In fairness, most jobs don't have people working 15 hour days doing the same thing over and over and being constantly micromanaged.

Not saying boo hoo actors have it rough, just saying that their level of acute frustration probably ramps up pretty quickly.

And I mean yeah, if you're one of the most recognizable people in the world with billions of dollars behind you, it definitely gives you a certain leeway, but also a certain authority. I'm sure that some of what Don't Dennis Me said here was spot fucking on.

I don't think the long hours are as big a deal as if you take pride in your work and and someone is being a distraction. He could be on set 1 hour a day, i guarantee he'd probably react the same way to victim of his aggrivation. It's like hecklers for comedians, or people who make noise in golf. It's just blatant disrespect.

cantthinkofanything
04-14-2015, 09:56 AM

He went off on someone walking through a set or something. The main difference here being that this is Dennis Quaid.

hater
04-14-2015, 12:35 PM
doesn't the nerdy looking kid from transformers and indiana jones do this on a daily basis?

Infinite_limit
04-14-2015, 12:43 PM
Bale has a reputation. My close friend in Hollywood has experienced first hand

Cry Havoc
04-14-2015, 12:56 PM
doesn't the nerdy looking kid from transformers and indiana jones do this on a daily basis?

Except when Leboof does it no one cares.

DarrinS
04-15-2015, 02:01 PM
Confirmed fake, btw

Cry Havoc
04-15-2015, 04:13 PM
Confirmed fake, btw

Yup. Still a good rant. Sad it wasn't real. :lol

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/04/15/dennis-quaids-outburst-was-fake%E2%80%94and-funny-or-die-blame

ohmwrecker
04-15-2015, 04:18 PM
His greatest performance tbh.

DarrinS
04-15-2015, 05:16 PM
His greatest performance tbh.