PDA

View Full Version : Thunder: So they will make the playoffs

ambchang
04-14-2015, 06:34 AM
Good for them, in the western conference nonetheless. Kudos.

Pelicans78
04-14-2015, 07:07 AM
It's a shame.

Thread
04-14-2015, 07:32 AM
^For you it's got nothin' to do with OKC. Rise up tomorrow evening. Ain't nobody got a chain on ya.

Killakobe81
04-14-2015, 07:50 AM
^For you it's got nothin' to do with OKC. Rise up tomorrow evening. Ain't nobody got a chain on ya.

Pelicans control their own fate here. Nothing OKC can do to stop this ...
Funny heard some former GM on Mike & mike this am.. He says Spurs dont care about seed and may rest their guys but I don't see it. Yes SAS can easily (relative) beat anyone outside of GSW who will make them work for it. (I say Spurs in 7) but I dont see why SAS would not lock up the #2 seed. I cant imagine Pop avoiding the Mavs despite RC and company giving them a early "test". Plus even though Spurs are road warriors winning home games in May and June in San Antonio is tough make every team start on the road in your building.

Pelicans78
04-14-2015, 08:04 AM

Im telling ya, we're more like the 2013 Royals than the 2014 Royals. 2013 Royals became a playoff contender similar to this year's Pelicans. 2014 Royals broke thru to make the playoffs and almost won it all. Only similarity between this Pels team and the 2014 Royals is the one game playoff scenario to make the actual playoffs where even the 2014 Royals needed a miracle to win that game and the Pels may need a miracle to beat the Spurs at home. Too bad this Pels team aren't the 2015 Royals who are flawless across the board.

Thread
04-14-2015, 08:07 AM
Im telling ya, we're more like the 2013 Royals than the 2014 Royals. 2013 Royals became a playoff contender similar to this year's Pelicans. 2014 Royals broke thru to make the playoffs and almost won it all. Only similarity between this Pels team and the 2014 Royals is the one game playoff scenario to make the actual playoffs where even the 2014 Royals needed a miracle to win that game and the Pels may need a miracle to beat the Spurs at home. Too bad this Pels team aren't the 2015 Royals who are flawless across the board.

Well, Killa is reporting the Spurs are considering sitting their people, that should brighten your mood.

Pelicans78
04-14-2015, 08:12 AM
I would be surprised and disappointed if the Spurs rest. Still haven't forgotten about Game 7 in 2008.

Thread
04-14-2015, 08:14 AM
I would be surprised and disappointed if the Spurs rest. Still haven't forgotten about Game 7 in 2008.

I can see "surprised" but, "disappointed?" No.

Pelicans78
04-14-2015, 08:17 AM
I can see "surprised" but, "disappointed?" No.

You're probably right.

Thread
04-14-2015, 08:19 AM
You're probably right.

If he sits those people you're in like Flint.

hater
04-14-2015, 09:06 AM
Pop will give a half asssed attempt at winning tomorrow. But will not run his stars to the ground. Book it.

Pelicans have a great chance at winning I they give it they all

ImDaNuts
04-14-2015, 10:05 AM
If Spurs win they clinch #2 seed. They have head to head tiebreaker over Houston. As the Division winner (if they win last game) that would give them the tiebreaker over the clippers.

If they lose and the rockets win, grizz win, and clips lose. Rockets would win division, Memphis has conference record tie breaker over Spurs, clips have conference record tie breaker. Spurs would be #6.

Pretty sure Spurs will be trying.

Fabbs
04-14-2015, 10:51 AM
If Spurs win they clinch #2 seed. They have head to head tiebreaker over Houston. As the Division winner (if they win last game) that would give them the tiebreaker over the clippers.

If they lose and the rockets win, grizz win, and clips lose. Rockets would win division, Memphis has conference record tie breaker over Spurs, clips have conference record tie breaker. Spurs would be #6.

Jimmy Early
04-14-2015, 11:19 AM

It's pretty amazing the amount of difference the games on the last day of the season make this year.

GO SPURS GO!!!! :toast

Leetonidas
04-14-2015, 11:34 AM
Spurs worked hard to get that #2 seed and have gotten lucky to get it too, they aint giving that shit up imo

hater
04-14-2015, 11:56 AM
It's pretty amazing the amount of difference the games on the last day of the season make this year.

GO SPURS GO!!!! :toast

tomorow will feel like World Cup game 3 of the qualifiers day IMO

My Sun Solaris Sparc 2 is ready to chomp the numbers

Thread
04-14-2015, 12:05 PM
tomorow will feel like World Cup game 3 of the qualifiers day IMO

My Sun Solaris Sparc 2 is ready to chomp the numbers

& yet a mere month ago I stood all alone as Spur Fan.

Ya weak bastards, you.

Killakobe81
04-14-2015, 12:30 PM
& yet a mere month ago I stood all alone as Spur Fan.

Ya weak bastards, you.

Thread called it early I was right behind after the first week, that Spurs vs. Lebron part 4 is inevitable. I wanna believe in GSW or Pau in Chicago .. but when the chips are down ...I know what Tim and Lebron can do. No, they are not perfect. Timmy missed a bunny late a few years back and James has failed in the finals a couple times ... but they have proven reliable especially Tim for the most part when it matters. Can I trust a rookie coach and Curry and Klay to do the same? i just dont know. And Lebron is the beast but he has a rookie coach. he has plenty of help, talent-wise but I dont trust that team fully either ... only him.

I think SA goes for the #2 seed unless Pelicans go out in front big early. Sure SA can win on the road but I dont think Pop is gonna eff around with this title run. A repeat cements so much.

Mr Bones
04-14-2015, 04:50 PM
Even if Pop was considering resting people, I can't see him telling anyone in the media ahead of time about it... so any report along those lines is purely speculation, not any reporting of inside knowledge.

ambchang
04-14-2015, 05:13 PM
This will be a huge dent on Davis. People are comparing him to a young Duncan and such, and he will now be missing his 3rd playoffs.

Sure the West is as loaded as it ever was, Monty Williams is one of the worst coaches in the NBA, he doesn't have great teammates around him, but when you really look at it, David Robinson, who is widely regarded as a rung below Duncan, carried a Spurs team to not only the playoffs, but multiple 50 win seasons with coaches like Jerry Tarkanian and Bob Hill at the helm, and a back court of Avery Johnson and Vinny Del Negro back when the West is almost as brutal as it is today (the 8th seed won 43 games in 1992).

As for GSW, I may be reading it wrong, but I think the Spurs match up with them very well. Their defense is mostly to limit shots from close and on threes, but they allow a fair amount of shots from 3-10 feet, which the Spurs are the best in the league at. The defend the 3 pointer extremely well, limiting the attempts, especially the assisted ones and the corner threes, but if Parker can have any semblance of his old form (huge if), he can either expose Steph Curry, or force Green on him which is probably the only guy on the GSW that can check Leonard.

On offense, Thompson will be bottled by Kawhi, and Green can check Curry as well as anyone with his length and quick hands.

The Duncan vs. Bogut matchup will be the one to watch though. That said, the Duncan Splitter combo will pose problems for the Warriors as they just don't have the size to match up outside of Bogut. If Bogut is pulled out for a faster paced game, the Spurs will be able to shut down the paint, and make them pay.

At the end of the day, I am looking at Spurs in 5, or maybe max 6 games.

ImDaNuts
04-14-2015, 05:38 PM
This will be a huge dent on Davis. People are comparing him to a young Duncan and such, and he will now be missing his 3rd playoffs.

Sure the West is as loaded as it ever was, Monty Williams is one of the worst coaches in the NBA, he doesn't have great teammates around him, but when you really look at it, David Robinson, who is widely regarded as a rung below Duncan, carried a Spurs team to not only the playoffs, but multiple 50 win seasons with coaches like Jerry Tarkanian and Bob Hill at the helm, and a back court of Avery Johnson and Vinny Del Negro back when the West is almost as brutal as it is today (the 8th seed won 43 games in 1992).

As for GSW, I may be reading it wrong, but I think the Spurs match up with them very well. Their defense is mostly to limit shots from close and on threes, but they allow a fair amount of shots from 3-10 feet, which the Spurs are the best in the league at. The defend the 3 pointer extremely well, limiting the attempts, especially the assisted ones and the corner threes, but if Parker can have any semblance of his old form (huge if), he can either expose Steph Curry, or force Green on him which is probably the only guy on the GSW that can check Leonard.

On offense, Thompson will be bottled by Kawhi, and Green can check Curry as well as anyone with his length and quick hands.

The Duncan vs. Bogut matchup will be the one to watch though. That said, the Duncan Splitter combo will pose problems for the Warriors as they just don't have the size to match up outside of Bogut. If Bogut is pulled out for a faster paced game, the Spurs will be able to shut down the paint, and make them pay.

At the end of the day, I am looking at Spurs in 5, or maybe max 6 games.

Curry will likely be matched up with Parker/Mills. He's the X factor. He can drain the 3s like he did in that one win vs the Spurs, Warriors will make it interesting. No chance Spurs win in 5 though. Have a feeling each of these series in the West go 7.

ambchang
04-14-2015, 05:54 PM
Curry will likely be matched up with Parker/Mills. He's the X factor. He can drain the 3s like he did in that one win vs the Spurs, Warriors will make it interesting. No chance Spurs win in 5 though. Have a feeling each of these series in the West go 7.

Like you said, the Warriors lost 2 out of 3 against the Spurs (the only team they lost to more than once the entire year, I think), and the only win is during Feb, when the Spurs was arguably playing the worst ball of the year. I am pretty confident the Spurs match up with the Warriors comparatively well. I can't think of another team that can take out the Warriors though. If the Warriors beat the Spurs, they will win it all.

And I am hoping and praying that Parker doesn't match up with Curry on defense, Curry will light him up like a bonfire. Hide Parker on a guy like Green or something.

hater
04-16-2015, 07:41 AM
Pop will give a half asssed attempt at winning tomorrow. But will not run his stars to the ground. Book it.

Pelicans have a great chance at winning I they give it they all

Called it :tu

DD
04-16-2015, 08:04 AM
and the forum's favorite gook swings and misses again

ambchang
04-16-2015, 09:29 AM
:lol

phyzik
04-16-2015, 10:06 AM
only upside to this........

:lol Thunder

Expert
04-16-2015, 12:32 PM
This will illustrate the difference between great talent and great teamwork. Spurs aren't talented enough to overcome sloppy teamwork.

Thread
04-16-2015, 12:38 PM
This will illustrate the difference between great talent and great teamwork. Spurs aren't talented enough to overcome sloppy teamwork.

......nor a woman monetarily scorned.

tee, hee.

Dex
04-16-2015, 07:08 PM
......nor a woman monetarily scorned.

tee, hee.

And after this season, 6 will never be the same.

Thread
04-16-2015, 07:16 PM

And after this season, 6 will never be the same.

You won 5 twice.

ambchang
04-17-2015, 06:33 AM
You won 5 twice.

But Kobes got 2