PDA

View Full Version : What's amazing about this year's WC Playoffs

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
04-14-2015, 09:32 AM
If the Spurs beat the Pelicans and OKC wins along w Hou and Clips, the 1st round will be exactly the same matchups as last year, with GS/OKC and Por/Hou just flipping HC advantage.

I don't think that has ever happened, at least I can't recall.

100%duncan
04-14-2015, 09:34 AM
gs vs clips last yr

Darth_Pelican
04-14-2015, 09:36 AM
If the Pelicans win, that means the entire SW Division will make the playoffs. That's insane.

FromWayDowntown
04-14-2015, 09:38 AM
Memphis and OKC played in the First Round last year, and as someone else mentioned, the Warriors played the Clippers.

So, it will be all the same match ups from last year, except for 2. (or it will mean that 2 of the series will be rematches and 2 won't be -- though the Grizzlies and Clippers certainly have a lot of recent shared playoff history).

timtonymanu
04-14-2015, 09:40 AM
Spurs/Mavs and Blazers/Rockets would be the only same matchups from last year that are possible.

It could be the same 8 West teams from last season though.

aal04
04-14-2015, 06:27 PM
Its funny because I want the entire division to make the playoffs.

But that means my spurs flunk mid table.

SpurSwag
04-14-2015, 06:33 PM
Its funny because I want the entire division to make the playoffs.

But that means my spurs flunk mid table.

Ideal scenario is that both the Thunder and Pelicans lose tomorrow, so the Pelicans sneak in by virtue of the tie breaker. Not sure how likely it is that Minny beats OKC considering they're on an 11 game losing streak, but who knows.

Silver&Black
04-14-2015, 06:52 PM
If the Pelicans win, that means the entire SW Division will make the playoffs. That's insane.

That's the silver lining I can take away if the Spurs lose to you guys tomorrow. I mean I want the 2nd seed....and I want the Spurs to win....BUT to have the entire SW division in the playoffs would be (like you said) insane.

Win/Win for me...