PDA

View Full Version : Dennis Quaid - what's his best movie

cantthinkofanything
04-14-2015, 10:04 AM
I like him as an actor and had done a lot of good movies but I'm struggling to think of any of his movies that were great.

Enemy Mine and Switchback were good.

I really liked Pandorum.

I think my favorite is Frequency.

DarrinS
04-14-2015, 10:14 AM
He's pretty much a so-so actor.

I really like the movie "The Rookie", but I'd have to say "Breaking Away" is my favorite.

CavsSuperFan
04-14-2015, 10:21 AM
Great Balls of Fire!... On account that I did not know anything about Jerry Lee Lewis & the film had some great lines…

Well, you see I was still married to my first wife when I married my second wife, so I never really was married to my second wife. And since I divorced my first wife a couple of years ago, I'm as free as a bird in a tree…

You gotta get 'em while they're young and take 'em right from their mama, and you raise 'em up right by you ...Just like a Bird Dog…

Blake
04-14-2015, 10:21 AM
In his serious roles, he comes off as a poor mans Harrison Ford, imo.

And i think his choice of lead roles has kinda sucked. He's never really taken any risks. Maybe Great Balls of Fire..

I thought he played a solid old fart over the hill QB in Any Given Sunday

cantthinkofanything
04-14-2015, 10:23 AM
He's pretty much a so-so actor.

I really like the movie "The Rookie", but I'd have to say "Breaking Away" is my favorite.

Yeah, those are good too. Seems like he would have at least been in something more remarkable though.

cantthinkofanything
04-14-2015, 10:24 AM
Great Balls of Fire!... On account that I did not know anything about Jerry Lee Lewis & the film had some great lines…

Well, you see I was still married to my first wife when I married my second wife, so I never really was married to my second wife. And since I divorced my first wife a couple of years ago, I'm as free as a bird in a tree…

You gotta get 'em while they're young and take 'em right from their mama, and you raise 'em up right by you ...Just like a Bird Dog…

I liked the move but his portrayal of Lewis seemed cartoonish to me. So much that I couldn't' tell that if was bad acting or if it was intentional overacting.

DarrinS
04-14-2015, 11:47 AM
Ok, I remembered another pretty good one.

Suspect (1987)

Spur-Addict
04-14-2015, 11:53 AM
Every Quaid movie I've seen has been equally bad. I don't know how he keeps getting work.

spurraider21
04-14-2015, 11:58 AM
Enemy Mine

hater
04-14-2015, 12:14 PM
http://www.homevideos.com/photosSciFi/innerspace.jpeg

hater
04-14-2015, 12:15 PM
I gotta respect that nig tbh

he married a prime Meg Ryan

cantthinkofanything
04-14-2015, 12:28 PM
I gotta respect that nig tbh

he married a prime Meg Ryan

She was the hottest thing in HW at that time.

hater
04-14-2015, 12:39 PM
She was the hottest thing in HW at that time.

all 3 GOAT contenders of the last few years married dorky tools in their primes IMO. I guess it's a requirement from hollywood: Meg Ryan, Halle Berry, Jessica Alba

The Reckoning
04-14-2015, 12:44 PM
damn he went off

cantthinkofanything
04-14-2015, 12:55 PM
all 3 GOAT contenders of the last few years married dorky tools in their primes IMO. I guess it's a requirement from hollywood: Meg Ryan, Halle Berry, Jessica Alba

LOL at "last few years".

Thread
04-14-2015, 12:57 PM
Every Quaid movie I've seen has been equally bad. I don't know how he keeps getting work.

Addy

Spur-Addict
04-14-2015, 01:08 PM
Addy

Seriously though Thread. Every time I see him I think, who thought Dennis Quaid was a good idea? Because I'd like to punch that guy in the face. He starts speaking, and the mannerisms, and I just don't buy it. I don't buy his characters. He should be marginalized into small characters like Spider from Goodfellas. Make some drinks and get shot in the foot. Because everything else is really bad. Not like the, "Oh, this is fuckin' hilarious" kind of bad. No, the kind of bad wherein you want to damage your own screen just to make it stop.

Thread
04-14-2015, 01:34 PM
Seriously though Thread. Every time I see him I think, who thought Dennis Quaid was a good idea? Because I'd like to punch that guy in the face. He starts speaking, and the mannerisms, and I just don't buy it. I don't buy his characters. He should be marginalized into small characters like Spider from Goodfellas. Make some drinks and get shot in the foot. Because everything else is really bad. Not like the, "Oh, this is fuckin' hilarious" kind of bad. No, the kind of bad wherein you want to damage your own screen just to make it stop.

It's weird, but, my sentiments precisely. I just cringe at the sight of him.

:toast