PDA

View Full Version : jameis winston scored a 27 on his wunderlic

Trill Clinton
04-14-2015, 10:48 PM

Jameis Winston (USA TODAY Sports)

Multiple league sources told Yahoo Sports that Winston scored a 27 out of 50 on the league's general aptitude test that is administered at the annual NFL scouting combine prior to the draft. That's a respectable score for quarterbacks, and just one point shy of the 28 Manning scored prior to the 1998 draft. It also stacks up favorably with several recent Super Bowl winners, including the New Orleans Saints (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/nor/)' Drew Brees (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5479/) (28), the Seattle Seahawks (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/sea/)' Russell Wilson (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/25785/) (28), the Baltimore Ravens (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/bal/)' Joe Flacco (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8795/) (27) and the Pittsburgh Steelers (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/pit/)' Ben Roethlisberger (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6770/) (25).

While Wonderlic scores are becoming less relevant in draft equations, they still carry weight at some decision-making positions such as quarterback, an AFC personnel source told Yahoo Sports.

But it certainly doesn't guarantee NFL success. For example, former first-round pick Blaine Gabbert (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/24797/) scored a very impressive 42 on the test and has struggled mightily in the NFL.

"[The Wonderlic] is a smaller piece now than it used to be, but it's generally helpful when it comes to some positions," the source said. "It's kind of a guardrail – a score doesn't tell you the whole story about a player, but at times it can tell you if there's something you might need to look at more closely. … For me, it becomes important if it's wild, like, way off what I'm expecting.

"If it's 15 points lower than the norm, then that requires some research."

Winston's score falling into line with other accomplished NFL starters shouldn't be a surprise. He received academic All-ACC honors in 2013 and 2014 at Florida State and was also accepted into Stanford during his recruiting process. Winston ultimately chose Florida State over the Cardinal.

Some of the highest scores from other prominent and successful NFL starting QBs include the Indianapolis Colts (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/ind/)' Andrew Luck (37), the Green Bay Packers (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/gnb/)' Aaron Rodgers (35), the New England Patriots (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/nwe/)' Tom Brady (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5228/) (33) and the San Diego Chargers (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/sdg/)' Philip Rivers (30).

Infinite_limit
04-14-2015, 11:38 PM
Best Quarterback since Andrew Luck

pgardn
04-14-2015, 11:59 PM
Marcus Mariotta scored a 33.

I guess that means Famous goes later round since they now practice "test" for this thing as well.

Avante
04-15-2015, 12:09 AM
How many great QB's have come out of the Ivy League? Then we had...

Randall Cunningham UNLV
Doug Williams Grambling
Joe Flacco Delaware St
Big Ben Miami of Ohio
Tony Romo Eastern Illinois
Kurt Warner The Arena League U
Steve McNair Alcorn

Infinite_limit
04-15-2015, 12:48 AM
How many great QB's have come out of the Ivy League? Then we had...

Randall Cunningham UNLV
Doug Williams Grambling
Joe Flacco Delaware St
Big Ben Miami of Ohio
Tony Romo Eastern Illinois
Kurt Warner The Arena League U
Steve McNair Alcorn
If your point is sports have no place in the Ivy League or military academies. I agree

Avante
04-15-2015, 12:58 AM
If your point is sports have no place in the Ivy League or military academies. I agree

How many Heisman winners have come out of the military academies?

Who was the first Dallas Cowboy to rush for a 1000 yards in a season? Try Calvin Hill Yale.

Who was the daddy of all those Raiders speedsters? Try Bo Roberson a 1960 Olympic silver medalist in the long jump and a 9.4 sprinter while at Cornell.

Who was a world record holder in the indoor 60? That would be Ben Johnson out of Columbia.

Who was the last white sprinter to run on a USA Olympic 4x1 team? That would be Dartmouths Gerry Ashworth.

Ever heard of Penns John Haines? How about Wendell Mottley out of Yale?

Who won the Olympic 100m in 1900? Try Princetons Frank Jarvis.

Wrong as usual.

Pelicans78
04-15-2015, 01:04 AM

Who was the first Dallas Cowboy to rush for a 1000 yards in a season? Try Calvin Hill Yale.

Who was the daddy of all those Raiders speedsters? Try Bo Roberson a 1960 Olympic silver medalist in the long jump and a 9.4 sprinter while at Cornell.

Who was a world record holder in the indoor 60? That would be Ben Johnson out of Columbia.

Who was the last white sprinter to run on a USA Olympic 4x1 team? That would be Dartmouths Gerry Ashworth.

Wrong as usual.

You left out Staubach from Navy :toast

Army was a football power in the 50s I believe.

Avante
04-15-2015, 01:11 AM
You left out Staubach from Navy :toast

Army was a football power in the 50s I believe.

I would never leave off Staubach or this guy, I didn't mention names:toast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGvVwyZ14cU

Yep, Army was a powerhouse. Then there was Mr Inside and Mr. Outside.

Pelicans78
04-15-2015, 01:15 AM
I would never leave off Staubach or this guy, I didn't mention names:toast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGvVwyZ14cU

Yep, Army was a powerhouse. Then there was Mr Inside and Mr. Outside.

Back then, it was looked upon as a real honor to be in the service academy. Even kids from elite families would join. Things changed after the Vietnam war.

Infinite_limit
04-15-2015, 01:17 AM

Wrong as usual.
And?

They went to an Ivy League and wasted that amazing opportunity to become a meat head. Instead of fighting Cancer

Sports and Academia don't belong together

DJR210
04-15-2015, 01:33 AM
Wonderlic scores means something, no matter the position.. except maybe to a punter or kicker, but then again look at Martin Gramatica..takes a rare type of idiot to break your leg on a weak celebration.

I wonder if Mo' Claiborne still thinks it ain't shit that he scored a mother fucking 6 on his, dismissing the results because "ain't nothin' on there bout no football" :lol fucking idiot. Vince Young was another of the Wonderlic idiots, and look at that guy.. fucking janitor at UT iirc.

LnGrrrR
04-15-2015, 01:33 AM
This looks like a horrible year for QBs. Just horrible.

Silver&Black
04-15-2015, 01:40 AM
Well at least I've got this going for me....

Clipper Nation
04-15-2015, 01:51 AM
Says the T-shirt FSU football/Dook basketball fan.

Avante
04-15-2015, 01:55 AM
And?

They went to an Ivy League and wasted that amazing opportunity to become a meat head. Instead of fighting Cancer

Well if anyone knows about how to be a meat head it's you.

Dude, you are so clueless it's actually entertaining.

Tell Doctor Delano Meriwether our 100m national champion once upon a time about sports and academics. Ya can also tell that to Stanford/NFLers..

Andrew Luck
Gene Washington
Darin Nelson
Tony Hill
Jim Plunkett
James Lofton
Gordon Banks
Toby Gerhart
John Elway
Randy Vataha
John Brodie
Ernie Nevers
Richard Sherman

Raven
04-15-2015, 02:13 AM
he got beaten by the likes of ej manuel, crap, sanchez, ponder, flynn and gabbert. he did beat Knee and Cum though :lol

Infinite_limit
04-15-2015, 03:19 AM

And so does the past 10 years. Someone has to replace the Tom, Peyton, Drew, Philip over the next 3 years.

Raven
04-15-2015, 04:49 AM
oh manziel's score was 32 :lol

benefactor
04-15-2015, 06:00 AM
:lol

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
04-15-2015, 09:53 AM
He played three games and looked good in one.

Spur-Addict
04-15-2015, 11:03 AM
As long as he didn't bomb out it doesn't matter. And that goes for any QB really. At the end of the day can he play the position is all that matters.

AaronY
04-16-2015, 07:40 AM
Lol

DD
04-16-2015, 08:07 AM
As long as he didn't bomb out it doesn't matter. And that goes for any QB really. At the end of the day can he play the position is all that matters.

That's some hard-hitting analysis right there

The Reckoning
04-16-2015, 09:53 AM
27 is still borderline retarded

Trill Clinton
04-16-2015, 10:05 AM
got eem

Spur-Addict
04-16-2015, 10:46 AM
That's some hard-hitting analysis right there

Well thaaaaaaank you, I always appreciate your compliments.

Silver&Black
04-17-2015, 07:07 PM
Now he's being sued in civil court.

This nigga got more baggage than Johnny Football.....and no teams in the NFL seem worried at all. I would be nervous as hell to hand over the keys to this guy.

spurraider21
04-17-2015, 07:32 PM

This nigga got more baggage than Johnny Football.....and no teams in the NFL seem worried at all. I would be nervous as hell to hand over the keys to this guy.
forget the off-field stuff. manziel was a terrible on-field prospect, for reasons that many posters including myself, djohn, korea nation, chinook, and others laid out. people, including some morons running teams, let the college hysteria get in their heads, just like it did with tebow. at least winston has some NFL characteristics

while anybody with half a brain sees this play and thinks "wow this guy is gna get rekt" other people saw this as magic and thought manziel would change the nfl :lol

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/001/061/590/johnnysplay_original.gif?1379191756

Avante
04-17-2015, 08:02 PM

I'm with you on this, no way I'd spend a first round draft pick on this guy. I believe he's who he is.

Silver&Black
04-17-2015, 08:08 PM
forget the off-field stuff. manziel was a terrible on-field prospect, for reasons that many posters including myself, djohn, korea nation, chinook, and others laid out. people, including some morons running teams, let the college hysteria get in their heads, just like it did with tebow. at least winston has some NFL characteristics

while anybody with half a brain sees this play and thinks "wow this guy is gna get rekt" other people saw this as magic and thought manziel would change the nfl :lol

I'm just worried about my franchise spurraider.....plain and simple. Screwing up the #1 pick can set your franchise back years....

You say..."forget the off-field stuff"....I wish I could. I certainly think he's a better pro prospect than Manziel last year and Mariota this year. Better in the pocket...already runs a pro style offense...and an overall bigger/stronger arm than those two. I'm not saying he can't overcome this off-field nonsense...It just bothers me to say the least.

Infinite_limit
04-17-2015, 08:11 PM

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/001/061/590/johnnysplay_original.gif?1379191756
Because he did it in the SEC, which meant a shit before Winston destroyed that mirage in the Title Game

Silver&Black
04-17-2015, 08:11 PM
I'm with you on this, no way I'd spend a first round draft pick on this guy. I believe he's who he is.

I'm not saying I wouldn't spend a "first round" pick on the guy....he's definitely talented enough. I'm just worried about spending the #1 pick on the guy....

Again, hope I'm wrong. Cause he will be picked first overall....that is pretty much set in stone.

spurraider21
04-17-2015, 08:13 PM
I'm just worried about my franchise spurraider.....plain and simple. Screwing up the #1 pick can set your franchise back years....

You say..."forget the off-field stuff"....I wish I could. I certainly think he's a better pro prospect than Manziel last year and Mariota this year. Better in the pocket...already runs a pro style offense...and an overall bigger/stronger arm than those two. I'm not saying he can't overcome this off-field nonsense...It just bothers me to say the least.
i didn't mean to say the off field stuff doesn't matter. just saying the manziel comparison isn't that close because at least winston has some redeeming on-field qualities

Because he did it in the SEC, which meant a shit before Winston destroyed that mirage in the Title Game
so did tebow, tim couch, and jamarcus russell

Infinite_limit
04-17-2015, 08:31 PM
I'm not saying I wouldn't spend a "first round" pick on the guy....he's definitely talented enough. I'm just worried about spending the #1 pick on the guy....

Again, hope I'm wrong. Cause he will be picked first overall....that is pretty much set in stone.
My concern is Tampa being in his hometown/FSU backyard. So he'll have his homeboys around. I have no doubts if he were allowed to ease into the job in a different region of the league, he would be successful.

With that said thank goodness it's not Oakland. Even Luck would have struggles there

Look at all the elite QBs: all except Peyton joined competitive franchises and most sat on bench

Avante
04-17-2015, 08:35 PM
Jameis Winston with a lot of $$$$$. This is going to have a sad ending.

Infinite_limit
04-17-2015, 08:47 PM
Jameis Winston with a lot of $$$$$. This is going to have a sad ending.
People compare him to Jamarcus but it's completely different. Jamarcus always had suspect drive. I have no doubt Winston will do all required to Win games. But he might have some Roethlisburger type hiccups along the way.

MultiTroll
04-19-2015, 10:56 AM
Nothing against Winston, his being an off field idiot aside.
Just kinda wonder if out of this draft a QB other then he and Mariota will end up doing much better then both of them.

Winston has potential on the field but sure seems like a crap storm is coming off the field.

Trill Clinton
04-19-2015, 11:02 AM
he'll be aight, that's what the lawyers are for. all the off field stuff didn't distract him or his team this year.

pgardn
04-19-2015, 11:40 AM
Does the test use this question:

You have just been accused of rape, the world knows, which one of the following do you do while around crowds in the school cafeteria?

a. Lay low, act humble and polite
b. Get on a table top and scream _______ that _________. Insert fck; pussy
c. please don't chose b.

There has to be concern, I think Famous missed this one.

Trill Clinton
04-19-2015, 12:39 PM
nah. Jameis will be rookie of the year, believe that.

Avante
04-19-2015, 01:28 PM
People compare him to Jamarcus but it's completely different. Jamarcus always had suspect drive. I have no doubt Winston will do all required to Win games. But he might have some Roethlisburger type hiccups along the way.

Was Russell who we knew he was, yep! Was Johnny Manziel who we knew he was, yep! Was Andrew Luck who we knew he was (great) yep! So Jameis Winston will be somebody else?

Avante
04-19-2015, 01:29 PM
nah. Jameis will be rookie of the year, believe that.

So he steps right in and takes over, right?

Infinite_limit
04-19-2015, 01:33 PM
Was Russell who we knew he was, yep! Was Johnny Manziel who we knew he was, yep! Was Andrew Luck who we knew he was (great) yep! So Jameis Winston will be somebody else?
Russell and Manziel had/have on the field issues

Winston has off the field issues. I understand suspensions affect your team but none of Winston's behavior has warranted an NFL suspension

pgardn
04-19-2015, 01:35 PM
Russell and Manziel had/have on the field issues

Winston has off the field issues. I understand suspensions affect your team but none of Winston's behavior has warranted an NFL suspension

Not yet.
He might have some court dates later.

Infinite_limit
04-19-2015, 01:37 PM
Not yet.
He might have some court dates later.
The rape was a laughable joke. The standing on table was nothing. Stealing of the crab legs was the only action that would have gotten him (probably) suspended

pgardn
04-19-2015, 01:40 PM
The rape was a laughable joke. The standing on table was nothing. Stealing of the crab legs was the only action that would have gotten him (probably) suspended

Civil suit pending big guy...
The accused has filed.

Avante
04-19-2015, 01:43 PM

Standing on the table told us he has no idea what's going on. The QB at Florida State University, an NFL future and he acts like a retarded monkey?

Infinite_limit
04-19-2015, 01:43 PM
Civil suit pending big guy...
The accused has filed.
She's fighting this battle because her 2 attorney parents are ashamed of their daughter being a mudshark. They can't come to grips so they are making accusations. This is what it's always been about.

Infinite_limit
04-19-2015, 01:45 PM
Standing on the table told us he has no idea what's going on. The QB at Florida State University, an NFL future and he acts like a retarded monkey?
He's the anti-RG3. Black teammates relate to him/his actions

Trill Clinton
04-19-2015, 01:59 PM
Avante- yes he will step right in and start. the kid is a born leader, smart and a winner.

like infinite limit said, most of the "trouble" he's had is typical of immature youth. nothing serious. the civil suit is a joke and all the evidence i've seen so far adds up to the chick being a liar. i'll post the info later.

Avante
04-19-2015, 02:03 PM
Avante (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=33483)- yes he will step right in and start. the kid is a born leader, smart and a winner.

like infinite limit said, most of the "trouble" he's had is typical of immature youth. nothing serious. the civil suit is a joke and all the evidence i've seen so far adds up to the chick being a liar. i'll post the info later.

Ok, only time will tell.

Blake
04-19-2015, 02:43 PM
And?

So you think colleges and high schools should get rid of sports.

Might be the most retarded thing I'll read today.

Infinite_limit
04-19-2015, 03:54 PM
So you think colleges and high schools should get rid of sports.

Might be the most retarded thing I'll read today.
Makes no sense for an 18+ year old to be forced to attend class when their career goal is athletics. You wouldn't force a business major to take PE classes.

You are stealing chairs from people committed to academics and wasting athletes time

Blake
04-19-2015, 04:05 PM
Makes no sense for an 18+ year old to be forced to attend class when their career goal is athletics. You wouldn't force a business major to take PE classes.

You are stealing chairs from people committed to academics and wasting athletes time

Neh, they can add chairs without stealing.

Dumb.

Infinite_limit
04-19-2015, 04:31 PM
Neh, they can add chairs without stealing.

Dumb.
^ Never attended an University

More seats = bigger classrooms = less 1 on 1 time with Professor

Silver&Black
04-19-2015, 04:54 PM

"the less 1 on 1 time with Professor" crap is a lie....

All professors have "office hours" and 99% of students don't take advantage of it. Every time I went to visit a professor during their office hours for 1 on 1 help....I was always the only one there.

Blake
04-19-2015, 05:00 PM

Lol never took online classes ^

Blake
04-19-2015, 05:01 PM

All professors have "office hours" and 99% of students don't take advantage of it. Every time I went to visit a professor during their office hours for 1 on 1 help....I was always the only one there.

ditto

Infinite_limit
04-19-2015, 05:21 PM
Lol never took online classes ^
Online classes shouldn't count. Beyond the amount of cheating, you are doing nothing more than self teaching from a textbook. Why bother signing up?

spurraider21
04-19-2015, 05:22 PM
Online classes shouldn't count. Beyond the amount of cheating, you are doing nothing more than self teaching from a textbook. Why bother signing up?
for units

Infinite_limit
04-19-2015, 05:23 PM

It's different with STEM degrees. There is always someone there.

If you are in a smaller classroom, you get help during lecture.

Silver&Black
04-19-2015, 05:31 PM
It's different with STEM degrees. There is always someone there.

If you are in a smaller classroom, you get help during lecture.

I majored in Civil Engineering and minored in Math.....so I think I've got the "EM" in STEM covered.

99% of the help I received was not from professors. It was from other students in my class. We had a "lounge" for Civil Engineers only. If you weren't in Civil Engineering...your ID wouldn't allow you in the building. We all had little groups we would work in....and If we all were confused on a problem...one of us would go ask the professor (if it was his/her office hours). And like I said.....There was no line at the door.

Blake
04-19-2015, 09:29 PM

I really don't get your point but your hatred for college sports is noted.

IronMexican
04-19-2015, 09:46 PM

How you been, Man? Long time, no see.

LnGrrrR
04-20-2015, 02:00 AM
Been ok. Busy with work, school, family, etc. Overseas now, defending freedoms, yadda yadda. Gonna sew on MSgt next month, will be nice to get a bigger paycheck. Kids and wife are fine. The usual. :D How's things with you?

Silver&Black
04-20-2015, 02:12 AM
Been ok. Busy with work, school, family, etc. Overseas now, defending freedoms, yadda yadda. Gonna sew on MSgt next month, will be nice to get a bigger paycheck. Kids and wife are fine. The usual. :D How's things with you?

Where you at overseas? What unit....things like that?

I spent two years over in the big sandbox....I feel your pain.

LnGrrrR
04-20-2015, 02:57 AM
Deployed to Jaber, standing up a new base, supporting A10s. Just half a year, but still feels long.

Silver&Black
04-20-2015, 03:24 AM
Deployed to Jaber, standing up a new base, supporting A10s. Just half a year, but still feels long.

Shit two weeks over there is a long time in my book. Warthogs huh? Pretty cool....I'm guessing Army then? If so....Congrats on that E-8. Only made it up to E-6 before I said fuck it...I want to go to college and make some real money.

Good luck....come back safe.

LnGrrrR
04-20-2015, 03:34 AM
E-7 actually, USAF. Still, better than E-6. :D

And it's mixed AF/Marine. Some guard folks. Killing ISIS. Good times.

http://www.defense.gov/home/features/2014/0814_iraq/

Blizzardwizard
04-25-2015, 09:57 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xta1/v/t1.0-9/1526468_353416621515674_2331154982484154256_n.jpg? oh=c27c559ccaf907995e818efe48c56364&oe=55D11145&__gda__=1440583547_b55efce1871e7b47438bb191c4d43e5 1

DJR210
04-25-2015, 01:48 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xta1/v/t1.0-9/1526468_353416621515674_2331154982484154256_n.jpg? oh=c27c559ccaf907995e818efe48c56364&oe=55D11145&__gda__=1440583547_b55efce1871e7b47438bb191c4d43e5 1

:cry "it was camera tricks, I'm not that fat"
:cry JaMarcus Russell 2.0
:cry Black QB's being drafted before the 6th round

Avante
04-25-2015, 01:53 PM
Black QB's have won the last three NFC titles.

Trill Clinton
04-25-2015, 01:59 PM
again, jameis looks good in that pic. big ben, tom brady, romo all had six packs???

cjw
04-25-2015, 02:01 PM

I guess you'd be fine without David Robinson and Pop then. Bill Bradley? Coaches like Chuck Daly / Digger Phelps / JT3.

Ivy basketball has been very strong in the NCAAs recently - a Sweet 16 run, perennial wins in the tournament and until a few years ago the last non-major conference to place a team in the Final Four (Penn in '79). Much more of a place for Ivy sports than most of the other leagues and the kids who don't turn pro actually can get a real job.

Jason Garrett (Princeton) and Ryan Fitzpatrick (Harvard) shouldn't ruin it for everyone! Linsanity was fun for a while and Harvard has been even better since he graduated.

And if you're going to talk about the Heisman trophy, don't forget where Heisman played and coached (Penn). Outland Trophy? Bednarik Trophy? All the same.

spurraider21
04-25-2015, 05:47 PM
again, jameis looks good in that pic. big ben, tom brady, romo all had six packs???
brady wasn't fat. ben and romo are mobile. jameis isn't. it's especially concerning for a guy who has character concerns

Trill Clinton
04-25-2015, 06:55 PM
"jamarcus russell is the new racial slur"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygP4ERK6VKU

bomani spitting hot fiya as usual. his new show is pretty good too

spurraider21
04-25-2015, 07:45 PM
russell was bad because he was a lazy, fat, inaccurate, unathletic fuck who had zero passion for the game and zero interest in ever improving.

calling jamarcus russell a racial term is an insult to blacks

spurraider21
04-25-2015, 07:47 PM
stupid, petty rant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbFXUxYgmGM

Avante
04-25-2015, 08:11 PM
brady wasn't fat. ben and romo are mobile. jameis isn't. it's especially concerning for a guy who has character concerns

You don't watch the colege game do you? Jamis Winston is very mobile.

Fast forward to 1:15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCl2lJgPSGM

That wasn't a rarity, he can run, very mobile.

spurraider21
04-25-2015, 08:13 PM
You don't watch the colege game do you? Jamis Winston is very mobile.

Fast forward to 1:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCl2lJgPSGM
that's one highlight. how about his entire college career. tom brady juked brian urlacher once too

http://i.gyazo.com/540feec562de1900d451af64e1c55ecc.png

Silver&Black
04-25-2015, 08:40 PM
that's one highlight. how about his entire college career. tom brady juked brian urlacher once too

Do sacks count as negative rushing yards in college? Well what I mean is does this chart (Rushing yard stats) factor in his sacks too?

spurraider21
04-25-2015, 08:46 PM
Do sacks count as negative rushing yards in college? Well what I mean is does this chart (Rushing yard stats) factor in his sacks too?
no, sacks are a separate stat.

Silver&Black
04-25-2015, 08:50 PM
no, sacks are a separate stat.

Damn...that makes his rushing totals look even shittier.

I was originally on the "I don't want Winston" bandwagon....then I was talked off the bandwagon....now I think I'm back on.

Avante
04-25-2015, 09:13 PM

How many games have you seen him play?

Trill Clinton
04-25-2015, 09:39 PM
jameis is a pocket passer. I don't know why his rushing stats are being brought up.

spurraider21
04-25-2015, 10:36 PM
jameis is a pocket passer. I don't know why his rushing stats are being brought up.
read the conversation leading to the stats being posted

Raven
04-26-2015, 06:10 AM
the good rushing numbers, are almost his only trait tbh

Avante
04-26-2015, 08:13 AM
Compare Winston to Peyton Manning/Eli Manning/Dan Marino/Dan Fouts not RGIII/Vick/Russell Wilson. He can run if need be and he can evade rushers. No he's no great runner, but he is mobile.

spurraider21
04-26-2015, 01:45 PM
marino was one of the best at evading rushers

Avante
04-26-2015, 07:03 PM
marino was one of the best at evading rushers

Marino might have had the quickest releash ever. And he did have a good feel for where the rush was coming from and where to "step" he was not mobile at all however.

spurraider21
04-26-2015, 07:04 PM
Marino might have had the quickest releash ever. And he did have a good feel for where the rush was coming from and where to "step" he was not mobile at all however.
that's what i was referring to. Brees can do this quite well too

Infinite_limit
04-30-2015, 12:50 AM
FSU needs 10 players to be drafted to tie the NFL record for most picks in a three-year span

Trill Clinton
12-06-2015, 03:56 PM
i told y'all jameis was specialhttp://i63.tinypic.com/vykqxi.png

Chinook
12-11-2015, 07:40 AM
Dude's also been mobile as hell. This is the first time since 2010 that Tampa could feel like their QB could actually win them some games.

spurraider21
12-11-2015, 07:44 AM
and tampa is approaching it the right way. he has weapons in the pass game, they have a good ground game. they need to continue to invest in the oline... but winston looks good

Chinook
12-11-2015, 09:02 AM
and tampa is approaching it the right way. he has weapons in the pass game, they have a good ground game. they need to continue to invest in the oline... but winston looks good

They have invested in their line a lot recently. The second and third picks (both second-rounders) were used on their starting LT and LG. Their center was a big free-agent acquisition two seasons ago, and their RG is Login Makins. Dotson/Cherilus seems like a good situation at RT as well. I could see them investing one more high pick to push Mankins or Smith for a starting spot or acquire a blue-chip LT to move Donovan Smith inside (and give Marpit more time to learn).

Really, it would be nice if they picked up a edge-rusher who isn't a JAG and who could compliment their DTs. Could also use some secondary guys. I consider adding more talent to the defense to be at least as big of a priority as the O-line now.