PDA

View Full Version : Did anybody ever sign up for ROTC

spurs=bling
09-06-2005, 05:26 PM
well i didn't but my friend Alex did she told she was gonna sign me up so I told yeah do whatever you want but I thought she was joking with me so today when we have our lunch break but all of us are done before an hour well anyways today when I was sitting on the wall outside from school this tall black dude starts screaming at me he goes LOPEZ WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE :huh man i'm like why are you yelling at me for and then he shows me the sign up sheet and there is my name so I told him that my friend had signed my up and he tells me to stop blaming my friends for my lack attention and so on. so I told him to help me look for Alex so she could explain to him I did not sign up when we found her she told him i had signed myself up and i was blaming her for it. So today before i came back from school I went and signed her up too, if i'm gonna be there she is too :lol :lol :lol :lol

Marklar MM
09-06-2005, 05:30 PM
Have funnnnnnn.

Vashner
09-06-2005, 05:35 PM
Chicks dig uniform..

spurs=bling
09-06-2005, 05:37 PM
Chicks dig uniform..
I'm a Girl

Have funnnnnnn.
no today was no fun at all!!!!

Jekka
09-06-2005, 05:41 PM
Holy shit that was the longest run on sentence ever.

Sense
09-06-2005, 05:41 PM
I would leave if I were you.

Vashner
09-06-2005, 05:46 PM
ROTC can help in a lot of professions. Military can teach a lot besides combat. Like being a pilot, civil engineer etc. Not to mention you can get a free pay grade if you enlist with a good ROTC record.

spurs=bling
09-06-2005, 05:47 PM
of course i'm gonna but Alex is gonna stay stuck there HAHAHAHAHAH but today was HELL!!!!

spurs=bling
09-06-2005, 05:49 PM
ROTC can help in a lot of professions. Military can teach a lot besides combat. Like being a pilot, civil engineer etc. Not to mention you can get a free pay grade if you enlist with a good ROTC record

Military gets you free school maybe i won't leave thinking about it now

Marklar MM
09-06-2005, 05:51 PM

Nah. The Pistons boards are worse. You get fans from other teams that come in and capitalize every letter in the post. No periods. And they post about 30 lines worth of stuff. One giant paragraph. You can't read what they write because they use letters, symbols, and mispell every other word, including mispell. Did I mispell, mispell? :(

ShoogarBear
09-06-2005, 05:52 PM
Sounds like a scene from a Pauley Shore movie.

spurs=bling
09-06-2005, 06:14 PM
Sounds like a scene from a Pauley Shore movie.

there is REAL big difference between that, hell i tell you hell

ObiwanGinobili
09-06-2005, 07:31 PM
ROTC has all those rules and regs and ......

sign up for VICA.. they go on free trips all the time... and you can prob go for 1/2 a day senior year if you have a job hook-up thru VICA.

IceColdBrewski
09-06-2005, 08:07 PM

You thought so to eh?

ClintSquint
09-06-2005, 08:11 PM
http://www.141empire.com/images/cinema/inyourface.gif
"Don't mess with my ROTC!"

spurs=bling
09-06-2005, 09:06 PM
ROTC has all those rules and regs and ......
no really ???

spurs=bling
09-06-2005, 09:52 PM
The JROTC program intends to teach cadets to:
Appreciate the ethical values and principles that underlie good citizenship.

Develop leadership potential, while living and working cooperatively with others.

Be able to think logically and to communicate effectively with others, both orally and in writing.

Appreciate the importance of physical fitness in maintaining good health.

Understand the importance of high school graduation for a successful future, and learn about college and other advanced educations and employment opportunities.

Develop mental management abilities.

Become familiar with military history as it relates to America's culture, and understand the history, purpose, and structure of the military services.

Develop the skills necessary to work effectively as a member of a team.

these are what they intend to teach me and here is my creed below

I am an Army Junior ROTC Cadet.
I will always conduct myself to bring credit to my family, country, school and the Corps of
Cadets.

I am loyal and patriotic.
I am the future of the United States of America.

I do not lie, cheat or steal and will always be accountable for my actions and deeds.
I will always practice good citizenship and patriotism.

I will work hard to improve my mind and strengthen my body.
I will seek the mantle of leadership and stand prepared to uphold the Constitution and
the American way of life.

May God grant me the strength to always live by this creed

gospursgojas
09-07-2005, 04:41 AM
Just remember that any Military recruiter will tell you what you want to hear in order to sign up..... they will tell you about all kinds of money bonuses and what not, they will tell you that you can sign up with a friend and stay with them, they will tell you that you can choose where to go for training and choose where you can be staitioned...all lies. :spin

Nah but if you want to join after ROTC then thats cool.... but DO NOT join b/c of what all the shit the recruiters will tell you you will get once you join. My bro-in-law is in the ARMY and he told me that they straight out lied to him on alot of shit, same with my girls, sister's fiance...

CosmicCowboy
09-07-2005, 08:19 AM
If it gets too bad you can always move to Canada.

batman2883
09-07-2005, 08:21 AM
I was in R.O.T.C. all four years of high school i was a cool as hell flight commander...

SequSpur
09-07-2005, 08:36 AM
ROTC Blows.

batman2883
09-07-2005, 08:37 AM
Not at John Jay, the number 1 ROTC program in the world...and largest too

SequSpur
09-07-2005, 08:45 AM
Not at John Jay, the number 1 ROTC program in the world...and largest too

Southside!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:fro

batman2883
09-07-2005, 08:47 AM
Jay isnt on the southside?

SequSpur
09-07-2005, 08:48 AM
Jay isnt on the southside?

Marbach and 410 isn't the southside?

:rolleyes

batman2883
09-07-2005, 08:52 AM
Marbach and 410 isn't the southside?

:rolleyes

uh no it sure is hell isnt why do you think Jay is NW side...thats why we were in the Northside District

batman2883
09-07-2005, 08:52 AM
I fucking cant stand Southsiders and their macho hispanic ways....

Clandestino
09-07-2005, 09:31 AM
Just remember that any Military recruiter will tell you what you want to hear in order to sign up..... they will tell you about all kinds of money bonuses and what not, they will tell you that you can sign up with a friend and stay with them, they will tell you that you can choose where to go for training and choose where you can be staitioned...all lies. :spin

Nah but if you want to join after ROTC then thats cool.... but DO NOT join b/c of what all the shit the recruiters will tell you you will get once you join. My bro-in-law is in the ARMY and he told me that they straight out lied to him on alot of shit, same with my girls, sister's fiance...

yes, recruiters do lie, but IF you get everything you want in the contract you will get it. if they won't put it in the contract you won't. very simple.

and you can sign up with a friend and go to basic training together. you can also go to your first duty station together...after that, you are on your own.

re:training, there are only certain places you are trained for certain jobs so that is how that is determined. and you can choose your first duty location if they have openings for your job there...