PDA

View Full Version : Biggest regular season game in Spurs history

ViceCity86
04-15-2015, 03:44 PM
A win guarantees the 2nd seed and a decent chance to repeat

A loss likely means 1st round matchup with Clippers minus HCA.Ouch!

6th seed likely means without HCA

1st round Clippers
2nd round Grizzlies/Rockets
3rd round Warriors

Win today!

hater
04-15-2015, 03:47 PM
Not sure but this is definitely as valuable as a common playoff game imo

Dex
04-15-2015, 04:58 PM
Not sure but this is definitely as valuable as a common playoff game imo

Especially if you consider New Orleans situation, needing a win to scrape into the playoffs.

I expect this game to have full playoff intensity...will be a good warm up before the end of the regular season! :hungry:

weeks
04-15-2015, 05:10 PM
Damn this is like a game in the NCAA tournament almost...have we ever had a single regular season game that was this crucial, and had this many implications for a title run? And on the final game of the year, no less.

The mood of this forum is going to be INCREDIBLY different based on a win or a loss.

ViceCity86
04-15-2015, 05:14 PM
This is gonna feel like a NBA Finals game 7

Hopefully it's the Pistons result.

FromWayDowntown
04-15-2015, 05:17 PM
I've said this elsewhere, but this game strikes me as being more like a close-out road game in a playoff series (a Game 4, 5, or 6) than a must-have game. It would be great if the Spurs got the win and made the path ahead for themselves easier by doing that, but if they don't win, they'll live to fight another day and will just have to work harder to get to the next goal.

bklynspursfan
04-15-2015, 05:23 PM
I've said this elsewhere, but this game strikes me as being more like a close-out road game in a playoff series (a Game 4, 5, or 6) than a must-have game. It would be great if the Spurs got the win and made the path ahead for themselves easier by doing that, but if they don't win, they'll live to fight another day and will just have to work harder to get to the next goal.

Sounds about right. Even if they fall to 5, it's still HCA. 2 would be much nicer though of course. Home or Away, this team when it's clicking can do serious damage of course.

gameFACE
04-15-2015, 05:41 PM
Probably the biggest regular season game, yeah. I like it for the Spurs to get playoff focused rather than a Game 7 in the first round like last season.

aal04
04-15-2015, 06:26 PM
Kind of need Splitter for the pelican twin towers.

Is he still on his period?

beirmeistr
04-15-2015, 06:28 PM
the big 5 will not let us down.

TXstbobcat
04-15-2015, 06:29 PM
Kind of need Splitter for the pelican twin towers.

Is he still on his period?

Yeah Splitter is still out. :depressed

Beaverfuzz
04-15-2015, 06:29 PM
Just have Houston lose and then it doesn't really matter.

maverick1948
04-15-2015, 07:42 PM
Biggest regular season game in NEW ORLEANS history. We are in the playoffs. Yes seed means something but the difference between the 2 and 6 seeds is minimal in the play. We are the best team right now. I'll start worrying when we are down 3 games in a playoff series. NOBODY including LAC can win a 7 game series against the Spurs.