PDA

View Full Version : "Give Me a Better Idiot"

Jelly
09-06-2005, 06:01 PM
I love this quote from Aaron Broussard, president of Jefferson Parish, on CBS.

"So I'm asking Congress, please investigate this now. Take whatever idiot they have at the top of whatever agency and give me a better idiot. Give me a caring idiot. Give me a sensitive idiot. Just don't give me the same idiot."

any other cool quotes out there?

Cant_Be_Faded
09-06-2005, 06:03 PM
the ageless decision between giant douche and turd sandwich lives on

Jelly
09-06-2005, 06:05 PM
Kori,
I meant this for the political forum. Would you mind moving it?

Marklar MM
09-06-2005, 06:05 PM
That is freakin great.

"Politicians are like diapers. They should both be changed frequently and for the same reason. "

Marklar MM
09-06-2005, 06:06 PM
"Ninety eight percent of the adults in this country are decent, hardworking, honest Americans. It's the other lousy two percent that get all the publicity. But then, we elected them." Lily Tomlin

Marklar MM
09-06-2005, 06:07 PM
"Today's public figures can no longer write their own speeches or books, and there is some evidence that they can't read them either. "
Gore Vidal

Marklar MM
09-06-2005, 06:09 PM
"More and more of our imports are coming from overseas."
--George W. Bush

Marklar MM
09-06-2005, 06:10 PM
"What's the use of sending a $2 million missile into a $10 tent to hit a camel in the butt?"
George W. Bush

Useruser666
09-06-2005, 06:12 PM
"More and more of our imports are coming from overseas."
--George W. Bush

As apposed to Canada and Mexico. Although I'm pretty sure that's not what he meant.

"What's the use of sending a $2 million missile into a $10 tent to hit a camel in the butt?"
George W. Bush

Now that's funny sounding, but does make sense.

Nbadan
09-06-2005, 06:35 PM
What I'm hearing which is sort of scary is that they all want to stay in Texas. Everybody is so overhwlemed by the hospitality. And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway so this (chuckle)--this is working very well for them.

- Barbara Bush Sr.

mookie2001
09-06-2005, 06:36 PM
What I'm hearing which is sort of scary is that they all want to stay in Texas. Everybody is so overhwlemed by the hospitality. And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway so this (chuckle)--this is working very well for them.

- Barbara Bush Sr.

ROFL

Nbadan
09-06-2005, 06:47 PM
Here is the full quote by Aaron Broussard...

The Jefferson Parish president, Aaron Broussard, told CBS news that government would have to be held accountable for what had happened.

"Bureaucracy has murdered people in the greater New Orleans area and bureaucracy needs to stand trial before congress today," he said.

"Take whatever idiot they have at the top, give me a better idiot. Give me a caring idiot. Give me a sensitive idiot. Just don't give me the same idiot."

Useruser666
09-07-2005, 08:30 AM

- Barbara Bush Sr.

What was the question posed to her for that answer?

SWC Bonfire
09-07-2005, 08:37 AM
George W. Bush

That comment is perfectly clear and illustrates its point well.

xrayzebra
09-07-2005, 09:34 AM

"So I'm asking Congress, please investigate this now. Take whatever idiot they have at the top of whatever agency and give me a better idiot. Give me a caring idiot. Give me a sensitive idiot. Just don't give me the same idiot."

Could we send them nbadan, he seems to fit the bill nicely. :spin :spin

Hook Dem
09-07-2005, 10:01 AM
Agreed!!!! :lol

Jelly
09-07-2005, 10:27 AM

:lol
But is NBADan a "better" idiot?

Spurminator
09-07-2005, 10:55 AM
What was the question posed to her for that answer?

When in doubt (or political opposition) assume the worst possible interpretation.

For example, "scary" clearly means that Barbara is frightened of the prospect of thousands of darkies decending on Texas like a plague.

Nbadan
09-07-2005, 04:51 PM
Anyone remember when Barbara Bush was quoted as saying that the War in Iraq was something she didn't waste her 'beautiful mind' thinking about? Yeah, that was a misinterpretation...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/plastic_turkeys/workingverywell.jpg

Nbadan
09-07-2005, 04:58 PM
Barbara Bush's comments were so callous and vulgar that even the Bush cabal issued a disclaimer to distance themselves...

White House: Mrs. Bush Comment 'Personal'

WASHINGTON -- Barbara Bush was making "a personal observation" when she said poor people at a relocation center in Houston were faring better than before Hurricane Katrina struck, President Bush's spokesman said Wednesday.

Scott McClellan, the White House press secretary, did not answer directly when asked if the president agreed with his mother's remarks.

Mrs. Bush, after touring the Astrodome complex in Houston on Monday, said: "What I'm hearing, which is sort of scary, is they all want to stay in Texas. Everyone is so overwhelmed by the hospitality. And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this is working very well for them." She commented during a radio interview with the American Public Media program "Marketplace."

McClellan, at the White House briefing, said: "I think she was making a personal observation on some of the comments that people were making that she was running into. ... But what we're focused on is helping these people who are in need.

Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/09/07/AR2005090701515.html)

Marcus Bryant
09-07-2005, 04:59 PM
Damn, you are one partisan bore.

This just in, President Bush said he hopes that there will be enough food so that every evacuee will have a hot meal. Clearly that is racist as we know most African-Americans are overweight.

mookie2001
09-07-2005, 05:01 PM
^weak

i was wondering how youd turn that around

Marcus Bryant
09-07-2005, 05:01 PM
Weak? I was wondering when you'd get off my nuts.

jochhejaam
09-07-2005, 05:38 PM
Here's a few

"You bet we might have." —Sen. John Kerry, asked if he would have gone to war against Saddam Hussein if he refused to disarm

Barbara Boxer - "It's a new day. Communism is dead. It's even dead in Cuba. I hate to say it, it's dead...Castro may think he has Communism, but he's got a whole dollar economy going and I went to the restaurants and there's all kinds of capitalism over there."

The Democratic machine in this country is putrid.
Teresa Heinz Kerry

Ted Kennedy I don't trust, like I don't trust Nixon, although I think Nixon's done a helluva lot better than I thought he would.
Teresa Heinz Kerry

"You said something I didn't say. Now shove it!" --Teresa Heinz Kerry, telling off a reporter

xrayzebra
09-07-2005, 07:24 PM
Barbara Bush's comments were so callous and vulgar that even the Bush cabal issued a disclaimer to distance themselves...

Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/09/07/AR2005090701515.html)

Yeah, really callous and vulgar.......what a nerve, saying what is true, many
of them have more now than ever, but what do you expect, years under the
dimm-0-crooks in Lousyanna. Liberalism at work, black mayor, dimm-o-crap,
in a city of 80 percent blacks and living well below the poverty line, no job
and no prospects. No home, no car and nothing to go back to. Yes many of them are still waiting on the promise land the dimm-o-craps promised, just promised while the black choosen ones lined their pockets day in, day out. Now you can call me a racist and callous and vulgar, but truth is
truth. Where is that promise land at? Come on smarty pants and the
rest of you great damn liberals, you had that state sown up for years and look at the mess you have it in.....come on tell me how great your plans are. Name me one person who you have "lifted" up out of proverty and filth with your great give-a-way programs. Like the great dikes your past administrations have built. Go suck a lemon and have something to really frown about.

scott
09-07-2005, 07:39 PM
Yeah, really callous and vulgar.......what a nerve, saying what is true, many of them have more now than ever, but what do you expect, years under the dimm-0-crooks in Lousyanna. Liberalism at work, black mayor, dimm-o-crap, in a city of 80 percent blacks and living well below the poverty line, no job and no prospects.

Thanks for participating.

CharlieMac
09-07-2005, 09:22 PM
Barbara Bush is 80 years old.

JackLalanne
09-07-2005, 09:27 PM
Barbara Bush is 80 years old.

She's a hot young thing!!

Guru of Nothing
09-07-2005, 10:32 PM
Thanks for participating.

Remember the good ol' days when white supremacists were easily identified by the white hoods draped over their faces. [/GilbertGottfriedVoice]