PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Who are your TOP 5 cancer players in the league this year?

apalisoc_9
04-16-2015, 12:54 AM
Players that play significant minutes but are detrimental to the team according to analytic and all advanced stats.

IMO...

1. Rondo
2. MCW
3. D. Rose
4. Jeff Green
5. Tony Parker.

Splits
04-16-2015, 12:57 AM
1. Kobe
2. Westbrook
3. Rondo
4. Melo
5. Love

Clipper Nation
04-16-2015, 12:57 AM
Lance "Overcelebrating Faggot" Stephenson. He set a new NBA record this year for the lowest three-point percentage ever with at least 100 attempts (.171).

apalisoc_9
04-16-2015, 12:58 AM
kobe was fundamental in the lakers tanking Goal..

I don't think he is a cancer to their goals..He is probably their best player, imo.

Malik Hairston
04-16-2015, 01:11 AM
Pretty good list, OP..I'd add Lance Stepheson, like CN said..

1. Rondo
2. MCW
3. Stephenson
4. Rose
5. Dion Waiters
6. Deron Williams
7. Entire Phoenix Suns roster
8. Jeff Green
9. Reggie Jackson
10. David Lee

04-16-2015, 02:53 AM

1. Rondo
2. MCW
3. Stephenson
4. Rose
5. Dion Waiters
6. Deron Williams
8. Jeff Green
9. Reggie Jackson
10. David Lee
I was under the impression that Jeff Green was a good pickup for Memphis.

100%duncan
04-16-2015, 02:54 AM
Yall niggas missing josh smith in there

apalisoc_9
04-16-2015, 02:56 AM
to be fair to josh smith, he has somewhat adjusted his game..

The guys listed however are just terrible players...

Silver&Black
04-16-2015, 02:58 AM
Yall niggas missing josh smith in there

http://nbatitlechase.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Detroit-Pistons-2014-Waived-Josh-Smith-Banner.jpg

100%duncan
04-16-2015, 03:01 AM
to be fair to josh smith, he has somewhat adjusted his game..

The guys listed however are just terrible players...

Nah he hasnt. Nigga keeps shooting threes like he's steph curry :lol

Silver&Black
04-16-2015, 03:02 AM
1. Rondo
2. Rondo
3. Rondo
4. Rondo
5. Rondo

Mal
04-16-2015, 03:18 AM
Rondo, Kirby, Josh Smith, Lance, Melo. No particular order

Mr Bones
04-16-2015, 03:44 AM
The Lakers finished 21-61, Dwight and Pau left because of Kobe, and Kobe's salary prevented the team from doing anything to improve. Melo and Bosh refused to go there as free agents. The only teammate who seems to like Kobe is the idiotic Nick Young. Half of their squad is probably going to leave this summer because they hated playing with him. How could you rate someone like Jeff Green as a worse cancer than Kobe? Only a blind homer would have that opinion.

mudyez
04-16-2015, 03:52 AM
1. Josh
2. Rondo
3. Kobe
4. Waiters
5. MCW

LnGrrrR
04-16-2015, 05:29 AM
I'm so happy Jeff Green isn't a Celtic anymore.

Kinda happy about Rondo not being a Celtic, too. Was awesome for us, but this version? I'll pass.

Raven
04-16-2015, 05:56 AM
1. Belinelli
2. Love
3. D. Rose
4. Irving
5. Bargnani

Infinite_limit
04-17-2015, 01:00 AM
Damn how popular is Rose on this forum?

Guy misses 1/2 the season and yet makes influential lists

apalisoc_9
04-17-2015, 01:21 AM
I'm so happy Jeff Green isn't a Celtic anymore.

Kinda happy about Rondo not being a Celtic, too. Was awesome for us, but this version? I'll pass.

We still have Parker :depressed

DMC
04-17-2015, 09:44 AM
1. Kobe - No one in the league can come close to the cancer then person has been, chasing MJ's scoring record to the detriment of team development then bailing when he's gotten it while soaking up half the salary cap. If that's not cancerish enough, he has to run his mouth from the comfort of his easy chair by texting guys who are still playing, getting his name in the press, saying stupid shit, offering opinions that bring discredit to his organization, tiffs with the media about players from other teams, praising another player from another team while his team was still playing.

2. Westbrook - Russ isn't concerned in the least with the team around him. He's Kobe 2.0, out to chuck his team into oblivion. He's got the "live or die by my hand" attitude. They missed the playoffs regardless, but the team didn't get any better during the season. Russ will get a scoring title and the rest of the team will be a faded shadow waiting for the outcome of the Durant/Ibaka/Brooks saga. They could have improved as a squad, maybe finished lower in the standings but developed player confidence and chemistry, ball movement, worked on plays and defensive schemes. That's on Brooks mostly, but Russ is the architect of the offense and he built a one man cabin. Some will confuse his greed with caring too much because it's almost indistinguishable if you don't understand the game of basketball and you think every RS game is a "must win".

3. Carmelo Anthony - Another chucker extraordinaire, ok to play a meaningless all star game but had to "shut it down" the following game. Another player who gives the false impression to neophyte NBA fans that he's carrying the team on his back because he scores a lot of points.

That's really it. There's not 5 legit cancers in the NBA. You could slap two more names on there for the hell of it but you'd struggle with the justification.

There's a tendency to think this is what the NBA wants now. In reality, it's what they know they have now, so they are pushing that "Hero Ball" mantra, trying to force a paradigm shift in how we view team sports. We hear coaches berate hero ball all the time, yet the NBA et al are now promoting the term to mean "great players". We know what it means. Hero ball is not judged after the contest is over, as if someone in the crowd thinks to themselves "wow, that guy really carried his team tonight, he's a hero". It's not that at all. It's established before the game as in a player thinking "fuck you, I'm getting mines" and they proceed to freeze their teammates out on offense, steal boards, cherry pick assists instead of moving the ball, etc... and the NBA fan is often only aware of the box score "wow, he had a triple double.. he was fantastic tonight... too bad they lost" or "....they only won because of his effort".

Calispursfan11
04-17-2015, 02:36 PM
1. Kobe
2. Westbrook
3. Rondo
4. Melo
5. Love

Good list tbh

phoenix219
04-17-2015, 05:12 PM

1. Rondo
2. MCW
3. Stephenson
4. Rose
5. Dion Waiters
6. Deron Williams
8. Jeff Green
9. Reggie Jackson
10. David Lee

7. Was tainted by the Morris twins and stupid fucking Eric Bledsoe.... he singlehandedly killed team chemistry and has absolutely no leadership abilities. We did much better with the Dragic/Green back court the previous season. The Morrii were given too much leeway, and the whole package kept our young guys from getting any experience, and kept Wright from getting any PnR's from Dragic. We choose POORLY. Backed the wrong horses. Kept the wrong guys.

I stopped giving a fuck months ago. Might as well be a lock out right now for all I know or care.

Malik Hairston
04-17-2015, 05:14 PM
^^still can't believe those niggas assaulted somebody and fled the scene in a fucking RR Phantom:lmao..

DMC
04-17-2015, 11:59 PM
Kevin Love: Adapted ok in Cleveland, hasn't needed the stats, we'll see if he plays any D. Can't label him a cancer in his first jaunt elsewhere.

Rondo: Too early to tell. He was shitty after the big 3 split, but he's not been a cancer as much as he could be, certainly doesn't deserve a top 5 spot after making the playoffs.

Josh Smith: Went to a team with no chance to make the playoffs and didn't make the playoffs. Was traded to a team with some chance to make the playoffs and made the playoffs. Came off the bench without bitching to the media, has improved his contributions. Can't call him a cancer, he's not big enough of a factor.

Tony Parker: This could be Tony's cancer coming out party starting this weekend. We'll see if he approaches the inevitable with class or passive aggressively ala Kobe circa Suns 1st round.

Team cancers ruin chemistry, fuck up the flow of the game, don't give a fuck. I'm surprised no one mentioned JR Smith.

Splits
04-18-2015, 08:16 PM
different degrees of cancer. Rondo is like melanoma on your arm, Kobe is more leukemia.

manufan10
04-18-2015, 08:20 PM
Team cancers kill team chemistry. There have been no appearances of Tony being a cancer.

DMC
04-18-2015, 10:00 PM
Team cancers kill team chemistry. There have been no appearances of Tony being a cancer.
They could kill team chemistry. They do the things that would kill it if it wasn't strong enough to survive. Fucking your teammate's wife falls in line with that.

AlexJones
04-18-2015, 10:01 PM
Monta might be a bigger cancer than Rondo

Infinite_limit
04-18-2015, 10:03 PM
http://huzlers.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/53120-derrick-rose-chicago.jpg

27 minutes
9-16 shooting
7 assists
23 points

Sean Cagney
04-18-2015, 11:38 PM
kobe was fundamental in the lakers tanking Goal..

I don't think he is a cancer to their goals..He is probably their best player, imo.

Kobe was chucking away out there though shooting 38% when he was healthy and makes 24 million a year to do that. He also prevents FA from signing there with that contract and they just don't want to play with him as we know, thats a cancer IMO.

Mikeanaro
04-19-2015, 12:27 AM
Very ¨healthy¨ thread Im surprised only a few posters named Melo, also no love for KG? Deron?

Mori Chu
04-19-2015, 10:04 AM
7. Was tainted by the Morris twins and stupid fucking Eric Bledsoe.... he singlehandedly killed team chemistry and has absolutely no leadership abilities. We did much better with the Dragic/Green back court the previous season. The Morrii were given too much leeway, and the whole package kept our young guys from getting any experience, and kept Wright from getting any PnR's from Dragic. We choose POORLY. Backed the wrong horses. Kept the wrong guys.

I stopped giving a fuck months ago. Might as well be a lock out right now for all I know or care.

The Morris brothers were quietly one of the bigger collective cancers in the league. Isaiah Thomas was also bad but we ran him out of town.

(Hope you're doing well, p219. Miss ya buddy.)

DMC
04-19-2015, 12:13 PM
http://huzlers.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/53120-derrick-rose-chicago.jpg

27 minutes
9-16 shooting
7 assists
23 points

divided by 3 years of salary

Silver&Black
04-22-2015, 07:28 PM
1. Rondo
2. Rondo