PDA

View Full Version : Thunder: Thunder to evaluate Scott Brooks' future as coach

spursparker9
04-16-2015, 08:05 AM
http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/pyB.8OOat7ABFyZ1MTXSAQ--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NQ--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/gettyimages.com/oklahoma-city-thunder-v-denver-20141120-045031-790.jpg

The Oklahoma City Thunder are expected to spend time evaluating the partnership with coach Scott Brooks before committing to bring him back for the final year on his contract, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Brooks is guaranteed for the 2015-16 season on his deal, with the Thunder holding a team option for 2016-17, sources told Yahoo Sports.

Oklahoma City missed the playoffs for the first time in six years on Wednesday, finishing 45-37 with superstar Kevin Durant lost for most of the year. Thunder general manager Sam Presti has to decide an organizational direction for the final year of Durant's contract, and that will include a decision about whether Brooks is ultimately the coach most capable of delivering a healthy Thunder roster to a championship. Brooks is well liked within the organization and has forged close relationships with management and players in his seven years as head coach.
Several league sources close to Brooks have doubts about his job security.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--thunder-to-evaluate-scott-brook-s-future-as-coach-052154505.html

TDMVPDPOY
04-16-2015, 08:32 AM
imo kd and wb are leaving that shit hole no matter what FO is trying to do....

Killakobe81
04-16-2015, 08:43 AM
Brooks sucks but in a injury filled season which followed a injury filled playoff. Tough to judge him for that. Plus dumb ass GM let Harden walk ...

Dex
04-16-2015, 08:43 AM
imo kd and wb are leaving that shit hole no matter what FO is trying to do....

Chuckbrook might be dumb enough to stay if the Thunder give him the keys. Pizzaface will leave if he knows whats good for him; that white trash franchise put his career on his line without giving it a second thought.

Kidd K
04-16-2015, 09:05 AM
Brooks sucks but in a injury filled season which followed a injury filled playoff. Tough to judge him for that. Plus dumb ass GM let Harden walk ...

I said this way back when I first heard the news about the Harden trade: That will go down as the worst trade in Thunder history for a VERY long time. The better Harden gets, the more hilariously bad it seems.

Thunder went from scary to 2nd rounders at best overnight.

Killakobe81
04-16-2015, 09:09 AM
I said this way back when I first heard the news about the Harden trade: That will go down as the worst trade in Thunder history for a VERY long time. The better Harden gets, the more hilariously bad it seems.

I said it too. And Lowe detailed it a while back they would have only had to go in to the lux tax for one year even without getting rid of Perkins who should have been jettisoned which would have freed up cash for the Ibaka extension. They would have had only one lux tax year in the years heading to the summer of Durant. And even worse than how good Harden looksif he leaves OKC then the trade is 10x worse. No way he leaves if they have that big 3 signed long-term.

Expert
04-16-2015, 12:04 PM

Except they went to the wcf... So...

04-16-2015, 12:40 PM

04-16-2015, 12:40 PM

Lol @ acting like everyone on this forum including you were afraid of a matchup with the thunder the last two years.

Robz4000
04-16-2015, 12:50 PM
:pctoss Fuck, Meth is gonna get a competent coach.

K...
04-16-2015, 01:47 PM
:pctoss Fuck, Meth is gonna get a competent coach.

Eh, they won't get that competent a coach.and Westbrook Is still the alpha. By the time they figure it out golden state warriors will be the team of west

ImDaNuts
04-16-2015, 01:47 PM
Can his ass.

Robz4000
04-16-2015, 01:56 PM
Eh, they won't get that competent a coach.and Westbrook Is still the alpha. By the time they figure it out golden state warriors will be the team of west

Thibs is prolly gonna be available. Dude is overrated and runs his players into the ground, but the difference between him and Brooks is vast.

:wow OKC with Thibs' defensive system

Expert
04-16-2015, 02:21 PM
the problem isnt injury, its brooks allowing russ to run the team with no regard to development. brooks is a parasite, isnt coaching at all.

04-16-2015, 02:25 PM
Thibs is prolly gonna be available. Dude is overrated and runs his players into the ground, but the difference between him and Brooks is vast.

:wow OKC with Thibs' defensive system
I hope they get Thibs. He would run WB is KD into the dirt.

Biernutz
04-16-2015, 03:54 PM
The Thunder wouldn't pay Hardin, Westchimp blew his knee out, Durant has foot/ankle problems...
other injury's to key players.....Kevin McHale will be available after the Rockets get plunked again this year......

djohn2oo8
04-16-2015, 04:15 PM
the problem isnt injury, its brooks allowing russ to run the team with no regard to development. brooks is a parasite, isnt coaching at all.

But the Thunder front office decided to rush Durant back. Brooks is a shitty coach, but their FO has to take blame as well.

Thread
04-16-2015, 04:25 PM
The Thunder wouldn't pay Hardin, Westchimp blew his knee out, Durant has foot/ankle problems...
other injury's to key players.....Kevin McHale will be available after the Rockets get plunked again this year......

I doubt it...ESPN is tooting McHale's horn today.

Thread
04-16-2015, 04:29 PM
But the Thunder front office decided to rush Durant back. Brooks is a shitty coach, but their FO has to take blame as well.

Durant ok'ed it. Nobody forced him back in the reins, just like nobody forced him to sit. The players, in association with their agents run the NBA...only the Spurs are exempt here.

That it didn't work out for OKC/Durant is 20/20 hindsight===& that's chickenshit.

DMC
04-16-2015, 05:18 PM
Durant ok'ed it. Nobody forced him back in the reins, just like nobody forced him to sit. The players, in association with their agents run the NBA...only the Spurs are exempt here.

That it didn't work out for OKC/Durant is 20/20 hindsight===& that's chickenshit.

The team doctors and trainers are to blame as well. Players know nothing of their body, just the pain. If a doctor says you're good to go back, you go back until you can't. It works that way in the normal workforce as well.

DMC
04-16-2015, 05:21 PM
Right, but that has nothing to do with coaching. Brooks can't coach for shit, hasn't tried, get's usurped by a young point guard when he has the MVP an scoring leader on his team, probably best scorer in the NBA, standing out there on the wing scratching his nutsack watching Chaka run amok with the fuckin' ball.

Thread
04-16-2015, 05:36 PM
The team doctors and trainers are to blame as well. Players know nothing of their body, just the pain. If a doctor says you're good to go back, you go back until you can't. It works that way in the normal workforce as well.

Again, nobody forced Durant to return to the job. Just like nobody forced Durant to remain off the job.

baseline bum
04-16-2015, 05:48 PM

I said from the beginning they should tank the season, so stick your hindsight up your ass sonny. Season played out exactly like I worried it would (as much as I hate the Thunder I really like Durant).

Thread
04-16-2015, 05:55 PM
I said from the beginning they should tank the season, so stick your hindsight up your ass sonny. Season played out exactly like I worried it would (as much as I hate the Thunder I really like Durant).

That's easy for you, the fan, bum. You've not put your heart & soul into a 12 month campaign. You sit here with me and watch from the peanut gallery, both of us grossly overweight with rings. You, bum, you, you go there and tell them to their face to sit down and let it go---you wouldn't have the guts, nor the heart to do it in the end,,,you'd stand silent.

baseline bum
04-16-2015, 06:01 PM
That's easy for you, the fan, bum. You've not put your heart & soul into a 12 month campaign. You sit here with me and watch from the peanut gallery, both of us grossly overweight with rings. You, bum, you, you go there and tell them to their face to sit down and let it go---you wouldn't have the guts, nor the heart to do it in the end,,,you'd stand silent.

I would have told them to do exactly as they did since they were the Spurs' biggest competition. I'd definitely wreck Durant's career to get the Spurs to another Finals or two.

Thread
04-16-2015, 06:02 PM
I would have told them to do exactly as they did since they were the Spurs' biggest competition. I'd definitely wreck Durant's career to get the Spurs to another Finals or two.

I knew you couldn't remain mature.

Nonetheless, I'm grateful for the conversation.

Kidd K
04-16-2015, 07:14 PM
I said it too. And Lowe detailed it a while back they would have only had to go in to the lux tax for one year even without getting rid of Perkins who should have been jettisoned which would have freed up cash for the Ibaka extension. They would have had only one lux tax year in the years heading to the summer of Durant. And even worse than how good Harden looksif he leaves OKC then the trade is 10x worse. No way he leaves if they have that big 3 signed long-term.

Yep. Horrible, horrible, horrible trade man. It was all about the money. Sad thing is for them, they would have made MORE MONEY if they kept his ass since they would've been winning more and dominated more. Incredibly dumb to trade him.

I don't consider it to be as stupid of a money-saving move as some other sports things like the Cubs not paying Gregg Maddux 2.2 million a year to retain him so he leaves to go play for the Braves for 15 years and collects Cy Young, championship, makes the playoffs almost every year, and wins like 300 games with them for a HoF career. . .but maybe this really will turn out to be that incredibly stupid of a penny pinch. Harden has been playing really well and is still only 25. Pretty strong possibility of a HoF career for him if he keeps up his level of play for another handful of years. OKC could have possibly been a dynasty.

They were 2nd round and out the year they traded Harden. Next year they struggled out of the first round and only made the WCF because the Clippers folded like towels. Barely winning some of those games by the slimmest of margins. Then they played the Spurs and 3 of SA's wins were blowouts. And now they didn't even make the playoffs.

Lol @ acting like everyone on this forum including you were afraid of a matchup with the thunder the last two years.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make tbh. Did you mean "weren't"? Because I didn't say or indicate that anyone feared OKC post-trade. They only beat us in 2012 because of a multitude of terrible officiating calls favoring them and James Harden having an amazing series. And they barely won.

So yes, I wasn't worried about them anymore.

100%duncan
04-16-2015, 08:11 PM
It's funny that after all the shit that happened to them, they still need to evaluate. :lol

Malik Hairston
04-16-2015, 08:17 PM
They should have fired him last year, tbh..He made the Finals in 2012 and had the injury excuse in 2013, which made his steady job security understandable, but there was no reason to keep him this year..although, obviously it wouldn't have made a difference following Durant's injury..

Mikeanaro
04-16-2015, 08:27 PM
Lol whatever, its too late.

DMC
04-16-2015, 08:55 PM
Again, nobody forced Durant to return to the job. Just like nobody forced Durant to remain off the job.

No one ever forces anyone to do anything. You hope a player heeds the advice of the trainers and team physicians, and suits up when he can. Kevin acted in good faith, stop pretending he's culpable for that.

djohn2oo8
04-16-2015, 09:49 PM
Right, but that has nothing to do with coaching. Brooks can't coach for shit, hasn't tried, get's usurped by a young point guard when he has the MVP an scoring leader on his team, probably best scorer in the NBA, standing out there on the wing scratching his nutsack watching Chaka run amok with the fuckin' ball.

True. No matter who they try to.bring in at coach, no one is going to control the chimp.

Thread
04-16-2015, 10:06 PM
No one ever forces anyone to do anything. You hope a player heeds the advice of the trainers and team physicians, and suits up when he can. Kevin acted in good faith, stop pretending he's culpable for that.

Never said such. There is no blame & nothing to cast blame for. Everyone acted in good faith.

DMC
04-16-2015, 10:24 PM
Never said such. There is no blame & nothing to cast blame for. Everyone acted in good faith.
Good faith perhaps, but not good judgement. You cannot expect KD to know more about medicine than the team doctors entrusted with his well being. He's probably a half billion dollar asset all said and done, you don't just push it mid season just for the fuck of it. That's negligent. Surely it wasn't intentional, but it was negligent.

I could see doing that with Waiters, who cares if he doesn't come back? With franchise, no way. No fucking way.

DMC
04-16-2015, 10:25 PM
True. No matter who they try to.bring in at coach, no one is going to control the chimp.
This isn't true. RW could be an asset if someone showed him how. He's been in "me" mode since college, not one fucking iota of mentoring in that city, not one. Closest they ever had was Perk.

coachmac87
04-16-2015, 10:28 PM
Billy Donovan

Splits
04-16-2015, 10:29 PM
They aren't canning Brooks. He's guaranteed another year on his deal at $4m. This disaster of a franchise has one of the cheapest owners in the league.

It's a smokescreen to keep the methheads and hillbillies interested for one more year.

100%duncan
04-16-2015, 10:31 PM

They knew the risks tbh, they wasted a once in a generation talent.

Thread
04-16-2015, 10:49 PM
Good faith perhaps, but not good judgement. You cannot expect KD to know more about medicine than the team doctors entrusted with his well being. He's probably a half billion dollar asset all said and done, you don't just push it mid season just for the fuck of it. That's negligent. Surely it wasn't intentional, but it was negligent.

I could see doing that with Waiters, who cares if he doesn't come back? With franchise, no way. No fucking way.

Like I said:::the players & their agents run the NBA. If he didn't want to play he wouldn't a played.

Splits
04-16-2015, 11:12 PM
Like I said:::the players & their agents run the NBA. If he didn't want to play he wouldn't a played.

One of the stupidest things you've said this year.

Players get taken to school every single time a new CBA is negotiated.

DMC
04-17-2015, 12:23 AM

He didn't miss the rest of the season because he wanted to play. He missed it because he was cleared to play. They always want to play.

If he was a boxer and was sent back in by the doc and cleared to continue, and got destroyed because of it, no one would say "well he didn't have to go back in, he wanted to".

Team docs and trainers have the power/authority/responsibility to prevent aggravating an injury due to early return. Sure the player can do that but he's the least informed of the bunch. At the end of the day, teams with poor trainers and too much downward pressure from ownership to get back out there, on team docs, causes situations like you see in these situations. It's not luck.

Thread
04-17-2015, 12:27 AM
One of the stupidest things you've said this year.

Players get taken to school every single time a new CBA is negotiated.

Go back and fuck your mother some more.

Thread
04-17-2015, 12:28 AM
He didn't miss the rest of the season because he wanted to play. He missed it because he was cleared to play. They always want to play.

If he was a boxer and was sent back in by the doc and cleared to continue, and got destroyed because of it, no one would say "well he didn't have to go back in, he wanted to".

He would not have played if he did not want to.

DMC
04-17-2015, 12:31 AM
He would not have played if he did not want to.

It's pointless trying to have an adult conversation with you.

Thread
04-17-2015, 12:33 AM
It's pointless trying to have an adult conversation with you.

You ain't no picnic either.

DMC
04-17-2015, 12:36 AM
I don't even get what you're trying to say. Are you saying KD is responsible for playing injured?

Make a point or stifle yourself.