PDA

View Full Version : Grantland: Lowe, Simmons & J-Rose about urgency in the playoffs

FlAVaK
04-17-2015, 07:41 PM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:12705851

Jalen with a lot of good stuff about dem Spurs :wow

Urgent teams in their eyes:

Spurs
Bulls
Cavs
Dubs
Clips

spurs10
04-17-2015, 08:29 PM
Jalen and Zach are both right. Yes the Spurs are playing with "house money." No one has ever enjoyed the sustained excellence of the Spurs. All the same, they are reaching the end of their magnificent run and have yet to 'repeat.' It's not over yet! :flag:

Seventyniner
04-17-2015, 08:39 PM
Jalen and Zach are both right. Yes the Spurs are playing with "house money." No one has ever enjoyed the sustained excellence of the Spurs. All the same, they are reaching the end of their magnificent run and have yet to 'repeat.' It's not over yet! :flag:

Fuck that. The Spurs ARE the damn house and the house hates to lose.

pgardn
04-17-2015, 10:01 PM

I wish I had posted this.

cd021
04-18-2015, 03:54 AM
I find Roses takes to be simplistic but he did make a few good points in general. Always like to hear Lowe.

BillMc
04-18-2015, 04:13 AM

:toast Well said.

I find Roses takes to be simplistic but he did make a few good points in general. Always like to hear Lowe.

Yeah, Lowe is one of the best sportswriters covering the NBA now.

mudyez
04-18-2015, 09:23 AM
From Simmons' Mailbag (probably posted somewhere else here):

Question No. 2: In a giant pickup game with every NBA player available and two knowledgeable fans forced to pick five-man teams with their lives depending on the outcome, who would be the first player picked based on how everyone just played in the regular season?

I love this question. It basically FORCES you to pick an alpha dog. As much as I want to pick Russell Westbrook, the thought of hinging my life on a night when Russ might lose his mind and start going 1-on-5 while maybe earning a 16th technical that the league can’t even rescind because the loser of the hypothetical bet would be dead already … I mean, that scares the bejesus out of me. The safest bet? LeBron James … who seemed detached for the first two months of the season, slipped noticeably on defense (to be fair, he might have been on cruise control), and just wasn’t as dominant, night after night after night, as Harden was. But if you build your team around Harden, you’re screwed if the opposing GM immediately picks Harden’s Kryptonite: Kawhi Leonard.

You know who the answer to this question might be? KAWHI LEONARD!!!! If I take Kawhi — who proved after the All-Star break that he’s the most destructive perimeter defender since Apex Scottie Pippen — then I can lock down the other team’s best offensive player and still grab an elite offensive guy with my second pick.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/welcome-to-the-2015-sports-guy-mailbag-reunion-tour/

BillMc
04-18-2015, 09:44 AM
From Simmons' Mailbag (probably posted somewhere else here):

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/welcome-to-the-2015-sports-guy-mailbag-reunion-tour/

Cool read. Thanks. :bobo He also picked Kawhi as DPOY.

FromWayDowntown
04-18-2015, 09:52 AM
Urgency <> Pressure

The Spurs have reason to play with urgency, but they can do that with little or no pressure.

K...
04-18-2015, 10:26 AM
hmmm fascinating. P1 Kawhi. P2 avoids a perimeter player and takes Davis.

P1 takes elite wing (harden, curry, Lebron, WEstrook, Cp3),, p2 is behind in talent at this point. In round 3 p1 takes a def center like Gortat.

Kawhi is really unique in this league with his two way power. No one is like this.

K...
04-18-2015, 10:27 AM
urgency = execution and focus, pressure = propensity to panic.

mudyez
04-18-2015, 10:51 AM
hmmm fascinating. P1 Kawhi. P2 avoids a perimeter player and takes Davis.

P1 takes elite wing (harden, curry, Lebron, WEstrook, Cp3),, p2 is behind in talent at this point. In round 3 p1 takes a def center like Gortat.

Kawhi is really unique in this league with his two way power. No one is like this.

LOL...without going snake format, P2 is behind in talent while P1 has drafted 3 players and P2 only 2?

Let's play it asuming we have a P1-P2-P2-P1-P2-P1-P2-P1-P2-P1 (only snake for the first 4 picks, then alternating) format and P1 takes KL with the first pick, ok?

P1 (you) takes Kawhi
P2 (me) takes Davis
P2 (me) takes Lebron
your turn! (two picks)

tholdren
04-18-2015, 11:01 AM

FkLA
04-18-2015, 11:11 AM

:bobo

Dingle Barry
04-18-2015, 09:22 PM

http://www.vaq34.com/junk/gifs/clap_old.gif

thiste
04-18-2015, 09:33 PM
Question No. 2: In a giant pickup game with every NBA player available and two knowledgeable fans forced to pick five-man teams with their lives depending on the outcome, who would be the first player picked based on how everyone just played in the regular season?

My Five:
- Gobert
- Davis
- Kawhi
- Butler
- Curry

It's over, you can't score on me.