PDA

View Full Version : Series doesn't start...

ElNono
04-19-2015, 12:24 AM
...until the road team wins. While we all would obviously be ecstatic with a win tomorrow, if it doesn't happen, it's not the end of the world either.

The Spurs have two shots to get HCA. The nonsense about "must win" Game 1 is, well, nonsense.

In :pop: we trust :toast

Spurs9
04-19-2015, 12:27 AM
:cheer:cheer

marinoman
04-19-2015, 12:28 AM
No offense but that's the stupidest fuckin sayin ever

apalisoc_9
04-19-2015, 12:28 AM
So if every game is won by the home team, the series restarts?

Darius McCrary
04-19-2015, 12:29 AM
Spurs are absolutely fucked if this goes 7 games. Every game is a must win

RD2191
04-19-2015, 12:31 AM
Yeah. OP is a G but I've never understood why people say that. :lol

BillMc
04-19-2015, 12:33 AM
We could even wait to as late as Game 5 to steal our road win. Obviously, it would be better before that.

Game 7 is really the only one where not having the home court is a serious problem.

LongtimeSpursFan
04-19-2015, 12:34 AM

Is there any other team in NBA history that has so many players play in big games and win like the Spurs? Not just in the NBA but also internationally. Even their youngest pup (Kawhi) has played in WCF Finals and two NBA Finals.

If there is any team that can win on the road it is these San Antonio Spurs. Heck we just beat the number two seed in the WC both on the road and at home in the last ten days.

Mikeanaro
04-19-2015, 12:38 AM
All Im saying is we should have won at NO we had a nice streak and this would be a nice game to make a statement, switch to 11 and steal a win ASAP.

BatManu20
04-19-2015, 12:43 AM
Forfeit game 1 imo. Rest up and go all in for Game 2.

ElNono
04-19-2015, 12:45 AM
All Im saying is we should have won at NO we had a nice streak and this would be a nice game to make a statement, switch to 11 and steal a win ASAP.

let it go... we're here now

ElNono
04-19-2015, 12:48 AM
Yeah. OP is a G but I've never understood why people say that. :lol

Yeah, it's a pretty stupid saying, but I had not idea what to title this thread... :lol

Basically, the point is we get two shots to get a W and gain HCA for the series.... if it's not tomorrow, then next game...

Mikeanaro
04-19-2015, 12:53 AM
let it go... we're here now
Im not bitching about the NO game, just saying I would love Spurs to play like game 1 vs Miami 2013 (winning the series of course).

RD2191
04-19-2015, 12:53 AM
Yeah, it's a pretty stupid saying, but I had not idea what to title this thread... :lol

Basically, the point is we get two shots to get a W and gain HCA for the series.... if it's not tomorrow, then next game...
It's all good man. Just busting your chops.:lol Hopefully they get a win in Game 1. Would be nice to make a statement.

ElNono
04-19-2015, 01:14 AM
It's all good man. Just busting your chops.:lol Hopefully they get a win in Game 1. Would be nice to make a statement.

definitely looking forward to it :toast

Arcadian
04-19-2015, 01:27 AM
The winner of game 1 wins the series 85% of the time.

Sean Cagney
04-19-2015, 01:28 AM
Forfeit game 1 imo. Rest up and go all in for Game 2.

Why would you forfeit a playoff game?

Spurs won game one 013 finals, 04 Lakers series and Thunder series they won the first two (LA series as well), so I have seen a few times that did not work out so well for our Spurs. I agree though go get game one!

KaiRMD1
04-19-2015, 01:33 AM

First round went to 7 last year, that worked out pretty well for the old sports

siraulo23
04-19-2015, 01:41 AM
ST meltdown if the spurs lose game 1

What a statement tho to the clippers and rest of the league if the spurs win game 1

Sean Cagney
04-19-2015, 01:41 AM
First round went to 7 last year, that worked out pretty well for the old sports

They were at home though in that game 7, big advantage if you look at the % of game 7s won by the home team.

SanAntonioSpurs23
04-19-2015, 01:53 AM
If the fucking Clippers take us to game 7 we don't deserve to win.

Kool Bob Love
04-19-2015, 01:54 AM
OP sounds worried. Relax Jefe.

ElNono
04-19-2015, 01:56 AM
OP sounds worried. Relax Jefe.

I'm anxious, but never scared, tbh... I'm just trying to save some lives in case we lose a game, tbh....

marinoman
04-19-2015, 01:58 AM
el nono is just coasting tbh

Kool Bob Love
04-19-2015, 01:58 AM
I'm anxious, but never scared, tbh... I'm just trying to save some lives in case we lose a game, tbh....

Good Guy El. But yeah I don't blame you. Last possible game of the playoff weekend. Seeing these other teams play today finally hit me that we are here.

Leetonidas
04-19-2015, 02:54 AM
The Spurs have been down in a series at some point in every title run IIRC and in the other Finals appearance, not worried unless we go down 3-0 tbh

BatManu20
04-19-2015, 03:10 AM
Why would you forfeit a playoff game?

Should've blue'd it.

100%duncan
04-19-2015, 03:36 AM

HI-FI
04-19-2015, 03:52 AM
agree with Nono, even if he's being Captain Obvious :lol.

We'll see how it shakes out. I think the Spurs have a lot more in the tank than any of us realize. I trust in Pop when it comes to managing minutes. Spurs just need to stay as healthy as possible and continue to peak when necessary.

Old School 44
04-19-2015, 07:40 AM
It's funny how most of the media is picking the Spurs to win the series. My only concern is early foul trouble. Spurs need to be careful not to pick up cheap ones early, especially against Jordan. Wrapping up Jordan inside to send him to the line might seem like a good idea, but I'd hate for key Spurs to play tentatively because of 4 or 5 fouls in the latter stages of the game.

TheGreatYacht
04-19-2015, 08:04 AM
The fucking ref$ will dictate the game

Keepin' it real
04-19-2015, 09:39 AM
Series doesn't start until the road team wins.

So what happens if the home team wins every game? The series never started?

Or if the home team wins the first six games then loses game 7, does that mean the series was "over before it began"?

djohn2oo8
04-19-2015, 09:46 AM

Or if the home team wins the first six games then loses game 7, does that mean the series was "over before it began"?

:lmao

TXstbobcat
04-19-2015, 09:46 AM

Dallas took the Spurs to game 7 last year and the spurs deserved to win the title.

djohn2oo8
04-19-2015, 09:47 AM
Spurs in 6

MultiTroll
04-19-2015, 10:45 AM
:lol

If a split it must be, i'd much rather we win game 1.

cantthinkofanything
04-19-2015, 10:48 AM
Spurs having to beat the next 4 best teams to win a title. I like it.

pgardn
04-19-2015, 11:08 AM
Cliche thread.

But we get to see what is trending currently.

Beaverfuzz
04-19-2015, 11:10 AM
...until the road team wins. While we all would obviously be ecstatic with a win tomorrow, if it doesn't happen, it's not the end of the world either.

The Spurs have two shots to get HCA. The nonsense about "must win" Game 1 is, well, nonsense.

Huh? The Spurs have three shots to get HCA, not two. Think Noonan ThinK!

ElNono
04-19-2015, 11:51 AM
Huh? The Spurs have three shots to get HCA, not two. Think Noonan ThinK!

I'm talking about the first two games... I don't think we can avoid casualties in here if we lose the first two games, tbh

hater
04-19-2015, 11:56 AM

Splits
04-19-2015, 12:01 PM
Game 1 is a must win. If we lose, then game 2 is must win. If we're down 2-0, game 3 is a must win. If we're down 3-0, then for sure game 4 is a must win.

:flag:

ElNono
04-19-2015, 12:03 PM

:lol that's why they call you Keepin' it real, tbh

will_spurs
04-19-2015, 12:06 PM
I don't think we can avoid casualties in here if we lose the first two games, tbh

What's the problem with casualties? Hopefully the short bus drives off the cliff...

gameFACE
04-19-2015, 12:09 PM
Not a must win tonight but the Spurs will take it anyway. Spurs in 6

hater
04-19-2015, 12:11 PM
I can easily see Clips winning the first 2 games and choking it up in 6 tbh

ElNono
04-19-2015, 12:12 PM
What's the problem with casualties? Hopefully the short bus drives off the cliff...

:lol player-fans don't care, tbh... they'll start a million threads blaming the other guy...

it's the Robz4000, Sean Cagney, Mugen... team fans, I worry about, tbh...

will_spurs
04-19-2015, 12:12 PM
I can easily see Clips winning the first 2 games and choking it up in 6 tbh

If you manage to say something different in enough threads, you'll be right once... eventually.

hater
04-19-2015, 12:22 PM
If you manage to say something different in enough threads, you'll be right once... eventually.

Not sure what you mean. I called spurs in 6 even on my bracket tbh.

will_spurs
04-19-2015, 12:42 PM
Not sure what you mean. I called spurs in 6 even on my bracket tbh.

You seem to be alternating between hope, despair and outright cliff-jumping, is all.

Beaverfuzz
04-19-2015, 12:53 PM
I'm talking about the first two games... I don't think we can avoid casualties in here if we lose the first two games, tbh

We're talking about the entire series...you know since you posted SERIES in the actual title of this post?

Beaverfuzz
04-19-2015, 12:54 PM

Yep no shit, this guy is all over the place. Surprised he doesn't have the Slippers in three.

Sean Cagney
04-19-2015, 12:59 PM
:lol player-fans don't care, tbh... they'll start a million threads blaming the other guy...

it's the Robz4000, Sean Cagney, Mugen... team fans, I worry about, tbh...

Team first bro, no doubt about it. I could care less about what an individual does as long as they win.

ElNono
04-19-2015, 01:01 PM
We're talking about the entire series...you know since you posted SERIES in the actual title of this post?

The thread title is an old saying... it isn't mine.

timtonymanu
04-19-2015, 01:10 PM
Agreed. There will still be some bad cliff jumping regardless.

hater
04-19-2015, 01:18 PM
You seem to be alternating between hope, despair and outright cliff-jumping, is all.

Your reading comprehention fail tbh. Not much I can do

will_spurs
04-19-2015, 01:30 PM
Your reading comprehention fail tbh. Not much I can do

Funny that another poster in this thread has already confirmed my point of view :)

ElNono
04-19-2015, 01:32 PM
Funny that another poster in this thread has already confirmed my point of view :)

:lol since proclaiming Lebron would never win a championship as the 1st option, Berraco has always been hedging his bets, tbh, this is well known by now...

Chomag
04-19-2015, 01:37 PM
In the playoffs every game is a must win, you never know how the next game is going to go.

tlongII
04-19-2015, 01:50 PM
Apparently this series will never start.

hater
04-19-2015, 01:56 PM
Apparently this series will never start.

hater
04-19-2015, 01:57 PM
:lol since proclaiming Lebron would never win a championship as the 1st option, Berraco has always been hedging his bets, tbh, this is well known by now...

Why don't you make another thread of a saying that you don't use? :lol

hater
04-19-2015, 01:58 PM

Spurs in 6 over clips. We are not repeating. Not sure how much clearer I can be tbh :lol

ElNono
04-19-2015, 02:01 PM
Why don't you make another thread of a saying that you don't use? :lol

:lol you sound upset that random internet posters called you out on being all over the place...

I actually think hedging is probably the way to go when you have takes like "Adams is the next Ibaka", tbh...

hater
04-19-2015, 02:10 PM
:lol you sound upset that random internet posters called you out on being all over the place...

I actually think hedging is probably the way to go when you have takes like "Adams is the next Ibaka", tbh...

"It ain't over till the fat lady sings" you could make a thread about that? Oh wait I think you already did :lmao

ElNono
04-19-2015, 02:13 PM
:lol I could make a thread with takes like "Kawhi can't guard Wesley Matthews"... then hope they get buried deep....

hater
04-19-2015, 02:15 PM
:lol I could make a thread with takes like "Kawhi can't guard Wesley Matthews"... then hope they get buried deep....

"siganme Los Buenos" El Chapulin used to say that. Threadworthy? :lol

ElNono
04-19-2015, 02:17 PM
"siganme Los Buenos" El Chapulin used to say that. Threadworthy? :lol

:lol give it a shot.... bet you it gets more hits than "Kawhi can't guard Evans"...

hater
04-19-2015, 02:18 PM
Lol more hits

ElNono
04-19-2015, 02:18 PM
That "LMAO apparently Pelicans celebrated like they won the ship after Spurs game" looking like a real barn burner right now :lmao

timtonymanu
04-19-2015, 02:20 PM

:lol Beli will replace the Client

ElNono
:lol Beli will replace the Client

hater
Lol more hits

ElNono
04-19-2015, 02:27 PM
I agree Beanerfan overrating the Kawhi due to the fact Blazers are probably worst matchup for him

:wow :lmao

Beaverfuzz
04-19-2015, 02:56 PM
The thread title is an old saying... it isn't mine.

But it is your thread. You wrote it, you own it.

ElNono
04-19-2015, 03:00 PM
But it is your thread. You wrote it, you own it.

Sure. I'll own the thread.

SanAntonioSpurs23
04-19-2015, 03:47 PM
Dallas took the Spurs to game 7 last year and the spurs deserved to win the title.

Dallas isn't the Clippers, what's your point?

DMC
04-19-2015, 03:50 PM
Telling yourself you're not worried (like many here seem to be doing publicly) is an indication that you are worried. It's just a game. Let it happen and move on.

TXstbobcat
04-19-2015, 04:45 PM
Dallas isn't the Clippers, what's your point?

My point was that even if the Spurs get pushed to a game 7 in the 1st round like last year they can still turn it on and roll through the rest of the playoffs like last year.

TD 21
04-19-2015, 06:02 PM

"Must win" would be a bit strong, but the reality is, they're probably not winning this series if they don't win tonight.

It's all about odds. Right now, they're as fresh as they're going to be, plus it would mean they can afford to lose game 2 without the pressure of feeling as if they have to win 3 straight (the schedule doesn't help, as it's every other day after game 2 and 3 and 4 is damn near a back to back, minus the travel). In that scenario, if they couldn't win three straight, then that would mean having to win two road games.

I don't want to hear about how they did both of those things in the Finals. This team is running on fumes (like the Heat were, but unlike the Clippers are), Splitter is hanging by a thread and even if those things weren't working against them, pulling that off is always highly unlikely against an opponent of this caliber.

ElNono
04-19-2015, 06:31 PM
"Must win" would be a bit strong, but the reality is, they're probably not winning this series if they don't win tonight.

It's all about odds. Right now, they're as fresh as they're going to be, plus it would mean they can afford to lose game 2 without the pressure of feeling as if they have to win 3 straight (the schedule doesn't help, as it's every other day after game 2 and 3 and 4 is damn near a back to back, minus the travel). In that scenario, if they couldn't win three straight, then that would mean having to win two road games.

I don't want to hear about how they did both of those things in the Finals. This team is running on fumes (like the Heat were, but unlike the Clippers are), Splitter is hanging by a thread and even if those things weren't working against them, pulling that off is always highly unlikely against an opponent of this caliber.

With the current spacing between games, I think the Spurs can ramp up the quality of their game as Tiago becomes less hindered (and hopefully doesn't re-aggravates his injury).

I don't feel like you about tonight's game. But I do feel that they need to win one of the first two and shift the pressure to the Clippers to win in San Antonio. Hopefully they can do it tonight, but I don't think the series is over if they don't.

TD 21
04-19-2015, 06:43 PM
With the current spacing between games, I think the Spurs can ramp up the quality of their game as Tiago becomes less hindered (and hopefully doesn't re-aggravates his injury).

I don't feel like you about tonight's game. But I do feel that they need to win one of the first two and shift the pressure to the Clippers to win in San Antonio. Hopefully they can do it tonight, but I don't think the series is over if they don't.

The spacing isn't great, though. The Raptors-Wizards series has three multiple day breaks during the series; this one has one and it's early.

I'd be shocked if Splitter doesn't re-aggravate his calf. This seems like one of those where he'll give it a shot but be on a short leash and once he's ruled out for the rest of a game, I'd be surprised to see him again in the series. Plus, he's not exactly known for playing even reasonably well at less than 100%.

Like I said, it's not over if they don't win tonight, but they probably won't win the series. It's like home court; it wasn't completely out of the question after the RRT, but despite it being in their hands at the end, it was always unlikely.

ElNono
04-19-2015, 06:49 PM
The spacing isn't great, though. The Raptors-Wizards series has three multiple day breaks during the series; this one has one and it's early.

I'd be shocked if Splitter doesn't re-aggravate his calf. This seems like one of those where he'll give it a shot but be on a short leash and once he's ruled out for the rest of a game, I'd be surprised to see him again in the series. Plus, he's not exactly known for playing even reasonably well at less than 100%.

Like I said, it's not over if they don't win tonight, but they probably won't win the series. It's like home court; it wasn't completely out of the question after the RRT, but despite it being in their hands at the end, it was always unlikely.

Let's hope he gets better, not worse. I personally don't think the Clippers are that great of a team, tbh, and while having Splitter does put us on another level, I think we can still beat them.

We'll see.

phxspurfan
04-19-2015, 07:02 PM

The rich and creamy nouggets won against us a couple times. We curb stomped their asses after

Spurs9
04-19-2015, 07:03 PM
Hand down man down.

TD 21
04-19-2015, 07:05 PM
Let's hope he gets better, not worse. I personally don't think the Clippers are that great of a team, tbh, and while having Splitter does put us on another level, I think we can still beat them.

We'll see.

Last year, I'd have agreed. Though he's turned it on recently, Diaw was still playing better then, plus collectively they weren't as worn down. Also, the Clippers hadn't yet suffered another playoff disappointment, which will only serve to further fuel them this year.

in2deep
04-19-2015, 07:13 PM
can someone PM me when the series starts?

ElNono
04-19-2015, 07:18 PM
Last year, I'd have agreed. Though he's turned it on recently, Diaw was still playing better then, plus collectively they weren't as worn down. Also, the Clippers hadn't yet suffered another playoff disappointment, which will only serve to further fuel them this year.

Last season we started the playoffs on somewhat of a sluggish form (although I don't think we had any lingering injury). It really picked up when we had our backs against the wall.

I guess there are reasons to bet against this season's Spurs team, considering mileage, injury and what not. But this team has also shown a lot of resilience.

Like I said, we'll see how things play out.

soxxx
04-19-2015, 07:36 PM
It's going to be tough. Rivers is the coach. Should have had his team in the wcf last season.

The clippers have been flying under the radar all year also. A lot of the hype they had the last two years has been absent. Kinda reminds me of the mavs in 2011. People are tired of picking them but they have been pretty hot the last month or so.

We will see. Go spurs.

Rummpd
04-19-2015, 07:42 PM
Team wins game on wins over 75% of series, so game one win will be huge.

Keepin' it real
04-20-2015, 12:56 AM
Thankfully the series hasn't started yet. :downspin:

ElNono
04-20-2015, 12:57 AM

free practice :downspin:

Malik Hairston
04-20-2015, 12:59 AM
I do expect the Clippers to go up 2-0 and the Spurs to tie it up in San Antonio, tbh..

ElNono
04-20-2015, 01:14 AM
I do expect the Clippers to go up 2-0 and the Spurs to tie it up in San Antonio, tbh..

I still think the Spurs can get the next one, tbh... plenty of time to watch tape, tell Kawhi what to do when the double-team comes, etc...

ErnestLynch
04-20-2015, 01:16 AM

No, it's 185% of the time. It's over. Spurs should just come home, call it a season, retire.

hater
04-20-2015, 12:08 PM

hater
04-23-2015, 11:17 AM
I believe the series has finally started :tu

$pursDynasty
04-23-2015, 11:21 AM
I believe the series has finally started :tu
Hater this made me think of the Stones, I can hear the Keith Richards chords in the background, here comes Mick, "If you start me up..."

hater
04-23-2015, 11:23 AM

FromWayDowntown
04-23-2015, 11:37 AM
Just to be clear: has the series started?

hater
04-23-2015, 11:42 AM
Just to be clear: has the series started?

I believe so. The condition has been met. Or am I missing something?

FromWayDowntown
04-23-2015, 11:49 AM
I believe so. The condition has been met. Or am I missing something?

Upon reflection, I believe you are correct.

I'm overjoyed that the series has started before it ended.

04-23-2015, 12:28 PM
I still think the Spurs can get the next one, tbh... plenty of time to watch tape, tell Kawhi what to do when the double-team comes, etc...The game last night is sort of a blur to me rn, but I don't remember Kawhi getting any post ups except the one where he hit JJ with the fadeaway.

You think Pop will go back to it?

ElNono
04-23-2015, 12:31 PM
can someone PM me when the series starts?

sent

spurs10
04-23-2015, 12:35 PM
Kind of tired today, but glad the series has finally started! :bobo