PDA

View Full Version : Ben Affleck Reportedly Asked PBS To Censor His Slave-Owning Ancestor

Koolaid_Man
04-19-2015, 07:56 AM
:lol dude trying to hide the fact his family were slave owners....but why? almost all white people come from slave owning families....:lol ..I just don't see why this was important to him...unless he's on some self righteous crusade of sorts....Ben's alleged actions are ridicoulous :lol

According to a hacked Sony email posted by WikiLeaks on Thursday (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/16/wikileaks-sony-documents_n_7081674.html), Affleck reportedly asked PBS to edit out information about an ancestor who owned slaves.

In the email, "Finding Your Roots" host Henry Louis Gates Jr. emailed Sony Entertainment CEO Michael Lynton for advice regarding the request, the New York Daily News (http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/ben-affleck-slave-owner-censored-family-tree-sony-article-1.2189594) reported. In the email dated July 22, 2014, Gates wrote, "For the first time, one of our guests has asked us to edit out something about one of his ancestors -- the fact that he owned slaves."

Lynton replied, telling Gates to take it out if no one knew the material was already in the documentary. "I would take it out if no one knows," Lynton wrote, "but if it gets out that you are editing the material based on this kind of sensitivity then it gets tricky. Again, all things being equal I would definitely take it out."

Gates responded saying that removing the information would be "a violation of PBS rules, actually, even for Batman." The host later added that Affleck's ancestor "wasn't even a bad guy," noting that four or five of the other guests from the show that season, including Anderson Cooper, were descendants of slave owners.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/18/ben-affleck-slave-ancestor-censor_n_7093234.html

Avante
04-19-2015, 09:10 AM
Dude, do you ever do any research on anything? There was never a time where more than 33% of Americans owned slaves, ok? Don't just throw shit out there, alright?

Koolaid_Man
04-19-2015, 09:13 AM
Dude, do you ever do any research on anything? There was never a time where more than 33% of Americans owned slaves, ok? Don't just throw shit out there, alright?

You're a chester so you have no credibility....nothing u say is worth the bits and bytes you put out because you're our resident liar and molester

cantthinkofanything
04-19-2015, 09:14 AM

Yeah. But there was about 67% that were mad because they couldn't afford it.

Avante
04-19-2015, 09:18 AM
You're a chester so you have no credibility....nothing u say is worth the bits and bytes you put out because you're our resident liar and molester

Only a 100% moron doesn't get sailors in bars. You cannot be this stupid and unworldly, how old are you son? And I don't lie I just fuck with the dummies here like you, ok?

Now show us where you got...most whites owned slaves...ok? You do know that blacks also owned slaves, right?

cantthinkofanything
04-19-2015, 09:23 AM
Only a 100% moron doesn't get sailors in bars.

How many did you get?

Avante
04-19-2015, 09:29 AM
How many did you get?

Let me guess you're 18? Nay, 16...right?

Koolaid_Man
04-19-2015, 09:31 AM
Let me guess you're 18? Nay, 16...right?

How did slavery benefit whites?

cantthinkofanything
04-19-2015, 09:36 AM

Good god...you are asking someone who fantasizes about thick black legs running for glory.

Koolaid_Man
04-19-2015, 09:38 AM
Good god...you are asking someone who fantasizes about thick black legs running for glory.

But it's a simple question he refuses to answer

Buddy Mignon
04-19-2015, 09:38 AM

Although the 33% figure is probably tied to some masonic order bullshit... you have to admit that 100% of white Americans benefited from having free slave labor for hundreds of years. No matter how you slice it, Avante... you got blood on ya hands. If you weren't enslaving Africans, you were killing Indians.

Koolaid_Man
04-19-2015, 09:42 AM
No matter how you slice it, Avante... you got blood on ya hands. If you weren't enslaving Africans, you were killing Indians.

:lmao and having a gay fuckfest in Jamestown I might add....now we know where Pilgrims pride *aka* Thanksgiving comes from....:lol

cantthinkofanything
04-19-2015, 09:44 AM
But it's a simple question he refuses to answer

It's not answerable with a cut and paste list so don't hold your breath. Maybe you'll get a, "zooooom" or "ha ha ha".

cantthinkofanything
04-19-2015, 09:45 AM
:lmao and having a gay fuckfest in Jamestown I might add....now we know where Pilgrims pride *aka* Thanksgiving comes from....:lol

Lol. Playoff time must drive you insane.

Koolaid_Man
04-19-2015, 09:51 AM
Lol. Playoff time must drive you insane.

:lol

Pauly D
04-19-2015, 09:54 AM
:lmao this thread

and he only cares so much cause he's a liberal and it scrambles his brain to think about how mean people can be, especially his own ancestors

Although the 33% figure is probably tied to some masonic order bullshit... you have to admit that 100% of white Americans benefited from having free slave labor for hundreds of years. No matter how you slice it, Avante... you got blood on ya hands. If you weren't enslaving Africans, you were killing Indians.

A) there's plenty of Africans with just as guilty of an ancestry. We don't give a shit cause Africa is still in the shitter

B) Those Indians were killing each other long before the more advanced whitey came along

Avante
04-19-2015, 09:56 AM

The non cost of labor.

Avante
04-19-2015, 09:59 AM

You must not know anything about how many whites were dirt poor back then. They did not benefit from anything.

You have blood on your hands, because if not for you there wouldn't have been any slaves, you caught them.

mrsmaalox
04-19-2015, 10:02 AM
Why does anyone care?

Buddy Mignon
04-19-2015, 10:06 AM
:lmao this thread

and he only cares so much cause he's a liberal and it scrambles his brain to think about how mean people can be, especially his own ancestors

A) there's plenty of Africans with just as guilty of an ancestry. We don't give a shit cause Africa is still in the shitter

B) Those Indians were killing each other long before the more advanced whitey came along

I'm not one to excuse those niggas in Africa for their part, nor am I not aware of how savage the Indians had become before the pale backs arrived. I live in the belly of he beast so I'm faced with white privilege and supremacy every day. So I never waste an opportunity to remind them of how we arrived to this point.

Koolaid_Man
04-19-2015, 10:06 AM
Why does anyone care?

Therein lies the problem....do you say that when Jews who rule the world by proxy (i might add)....want to open holocaust museums and talk about the atrocities they suffered.....

mrsmaalox
04-19-2015, 10:08 AM
Therein lies the problem....do you say that when Jews who rule the world by proxy (i might add)....want to open holocaust museums and talk about the atrocities they suffered.....

Huh? Ben Affleck wants to open a museum?

Buddy Mignon
04-19-2015, 10:09 AM
You must not know anything about how many whites were dirt poor back then. They did not benefit from anything.

You have blood on your hands, because if not for you there wouldn't have been any slaves, you caught them.

If you are a white man living in America and you're poor... it should be law that any random person can shoot you. I'm being serious here. I agree with the second part of your statement. The difference between me and you is I accept my role. You want to erase your role.

Buddy Mignon
04-19-2015, 10:10 AM
Why does anyone care?

Here we go... racism at its best.

cantthinkofanything
04-19-2015, 10:13 AM
If you are a white man living in America and you're poor... it should be law that any random person can shoot you. I'm being serious here. I agree with the second part of your statement. The difference between me and you is I accept my role. You want to erase your role.

Wait...you're black???

Koolaid_Man
04-19-2015, 10:14 AM
I'm not one to excuse those niggas in Africa for their part, nor am I not aware of how savage the Indians had become before the pale backs arrived. I live in the belly of he beast so I'm faced with white privilege and supremacy every day. So I never waste an opportunity to remind them of how we arrived to this point.

I think that's another whitewashed fairytale..that blacks willingly sold other blacks....those white folks went to Africa with advanced weaponry and bartered with the African warlords....they took all the strongest niggas at gun point and left the weak behind....they knew they neeeded strong Africans in the fight against the Indians....they would have killed all those Africans if they could but capturing America was worth more....they then came up with these stories about how other Africans sold them when they were forced to at gunpoint....

Thats how i see the shit

mrsmaalox
04-19-2015, 10:14 AM

Racism because I don't give a fuck about anything Ben Affleck does or says? Okay...

Buddy Mignon
04-19-2015, 10:16 AM
Wait...you're black???

Hey leg humper... just stop posting in any thread you see me in, ok?

cantthinkofanything
04-19-2015, 10:19 AM
Hey leg humper... just stop posting in any thread you see me in, ok?

Lol. Ok Sparky. How'd you get a computer anyway?

Avante
04-19-2015, 10:21 AM

The difference between you and me is I'm not foolish enought to think I had a damn thing to do with anything that happened before I was even born.

ONE MORE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!

If left up to me there wouldn't have been one slave, ok? Stop ignoring that.

Koolaid_Man
04-19-2015, 10:21 AM
@Maaloox.....let me tell you why he cares....because in a sense he has a good heart...but this happens sometimes to rich liberals....they are generally more decent people than conservatives....he's a philanthropist and that probably bothers him...sometimes people self reflect and put themselves in others shoes....that's why he cares....he's ashamed at some parts if his ancestry and theres nothing wrong with that

Avante
04-19-2015, 10:23 AM
I think that's another whitewashed fairytale..that blacks willingly sold other blacks....those white folks went to Africa with advanced weaponry and bartered with the African warlords....they took all the strongest niggas at gun point and left the weak behind....they knew they neeeded strong Africans in the fight against the Indians....they would have killed all those Africans if they could but capturing America was worth more....they then came up with these stories about how other Africans sold them when they were forced to at gunpoint....

Thats how i see the shit

You have said a lot of stupid shit half pint, but that is the stupidest yet.

Do you know anything at all about any of this?

Koolaid_Man
04-19-2015, 10:26 AM
You have said a lot of stupid shit half pint, but that is the stupidest yet.

Do you know anything at all about any of this?

I speak the truth....sorry you're not ready to hear it

mrsmaalox
04-19-2015, 10:26 AM
@Maaloox.....let me tell you why he cares....because in a sense he has a good heart...but this happens sometimes to rich liberals....they are generally more decent people than conservatives....he's a philanthropist and that probably bothers him...sometimes people self reflect and put themselves in others shoes....that's why he cares....he's ashamed at some parts if his ancestry and theres nothing wrong with that

I'm not questioning why Ben Affleck cares about anything.

Koolaid_Man
04-19-2015, 10:28 AM
I'm not questioning why Ben Affleck cares about anything.

Then whats your point....you women are so gotdam confusing

Buddy Mignon
04-19-2015, 10:30 AM

Thats how i see the shit

The warmongering, goat herding, tent folding Arabs had been owning slaves in the northern part of Africa for hundreds of years prior to the "Monkey's Uncle" had ever discovered Africa. In the early part of the 15th century some Portuguese traders kidnapped some northern African Arabs, and in exchange for their return they promised to show their kidnappers where they could find an unlimited amount of people to enslave. The Arab and European culture is drenched and war and slavery... just research their holy books. Slavery, incest, and murder is all permitted in their cultures.

Black Africans never had a slave trade of each other prior to the invasion of the goat herding Arabs. They introduced it to the Africans... while the "Monkey's Uncle" came along hundreds of years later and turned it into a profitable business.

Buddy Mignon
04-19-2015, 10:36 AM
The difference between you and me is I'm not foolish enought to think I had a damn thing to do with anything that happened before I was even born.

ONE MORE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!

If left up to me there wouldn't have been one slave, ok? Stop ignoring that.

You're lying... that's what all white people say. You would have owned slaves if you could have afforded it. It was an acceptable culture... you know... just like over in Vietnam where you can fuck 15 year old girls... and you were ok with that, right? It was the culture and acceptable so you joined right in on the fucking, right? You didn't care that the country you were born in would lock your ass up for fucking 10 year old girls and boys, but you figured... "oh well... they do it to themselves... so I should be fine."

Koolaid_Man
04-19-2015, 10:54 AM
Avante....

Another thing sweetie....think..use your brain...how do you think the actual slave round up happened. You know the actual violent event of ripping people from their familes never to see them again...and all the fight to the death confrontations that occurred....

How in the fuck do you envision those first few discussions after the European boats pulled up to shore for the first time....since you're not a critical thinker Avante let me tell you how that violent shit went down....the white man approached with this new weapon...guns.... Killed a few Africans and told the local land barons (whom they had no respect for and viewed as just another jungle monkey to kill) what they wanted...told them they'd spare their lives only if they went out and gathered up the strongest men for slaves...

Now this was a challenge because jungle niggas are nothing to play with when it comes to hand to hand combat...so the African land barrons sent out patrol missions (because they sure wasnt going hunting these Africans themselves as they were lazy fucks) to capture the slaves...violent altercations ensued...but they had to keep them alive and relatively injury free...many Africans died on their home soil fighting rather than be taken on a ship to another world....now how "American" and honorable was that...fighting to the death for your family....

I digress but...they spared the lives of land barrons and overtime the slave deal making got smoother until they'd pull up to that slave fort in Ghana where the new batch of slaves were waiting....so of course in this context is it easy to say blacks sold other blacks into slavery...

What's funny in all this is that somewhere on the slave ship was M>s ancestor with the big eye...rukus.... already plotting on how he could become massa's new porch. Monkey...

Trill Clinton
04-19-2015, 11:07 AM
white man editing history??? that's a first

http://i59.tinypic.com/35avtw8.png

Pauly D
04-19-2015, 11:26 AM
This thread sucks now

Infinite_limit
04-19-2015, 11:49 AM
Bad look trying to avoid it. Isn't the classic move out of Liberal Playbook to admit and self-hate?

Koolaid_Man
04-19-2015, 12:02 PM
Bad look trying to avoid it. Isn't the classic move out of Liberal Playbook to admit and self-hate?

Cant you tell I hate myself :lmao

Infinite_limit
04-19-2015, 12:02 PM
Avante....

Another thing sweetie....think..use your brain...how do you think the actual slave round up happened. You know the actual violent event of ripping people from their familes never to see them again...and all the fight to the death confrontations that occurred....

How in the fuck do you envision those first few discussions after the European boats pulled up to shore for the first time....since you're not a critical thinker Avante let me tell you how that violent shit went down....the white man approached with this new weapon...guns.... Killed a few Africans and told the local land barons (whom they had no respect for and viewed as just another jungle monkey to kill) what they wanted...told them they'd spare their lives only if they went out and gathered up the strongest men for slaves...

Now this was a challenge because jungle niggas are nothing to play with when it comes to hand to hand combat...so the African land barrons sent out patrol missions (because they sure wasnt going hunting these Africans themselves as they were lazy fucks) to capture the slaves...violent altercations ensued...but they had to keep them alive and relatively injury free...many Africans died on their home soil fighting rather than be taken on a ship to another world....now how "American" and honorable was that...fighting to the death for your family....

I digress but...they spared the lives of land barrons and overtime the slave deal making got smoother until they'd pull up to that slave fort in Ghana where the new batch of slaves were waiting....so of course in this context is it easy to say blacks sold other blacks into slavery...

What's funny in all this is that somewhere on the slave ship was M>s ancestor with the big eye...rukus.... already plotting on how he could become massa's new porch. Monkey...
You left out the part where the "Uncle Toms" were given weapons in exchange for cooperation which in turn made them rulers of their homeland

Same occurred in the Warsaw Ghetto during the Holocaust. Jews sold out other Jews and fortunes were made....... By Jews off the suffering of Jews

Long post short: you left out the greed of the Africans in your post

Avante
04-19-2015, 12:41 PM
You're lying... that's what all white people say. You would have owned slaves if you could have afforded it. It was an acceptable culture... you know... just like over in Vietnam where you can fuck 15 year old girls... and you were ok with that, right? It was the culture and acceptable so you joined right in on the fucking, right? You didn't care that the country you were born in would lock your ass up for fucking 10 year old girls and boys, but you figured... "oh well... they do it to themselves... so I should be fine."

First off there were no 15 year old girls working in bars, that right tells me you're not too bright.

Second off no I wouldn't want any slaves around, so you are wrong again. You're on a roll shorty.

I have been married since I was 19, now tell me little man why would I need a slave? They would do what? My wife doesn't even want her mom in her kitchen. I like to do the yards myself and the vehicles, so tell me midget what would I do with a slave?

Avante
04-19-2015, 12:44 PM
Avante (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=33483)....

So you're too lazy to Google what actually went down I see. Why not know a topic before trying to discuss it with those who do?

Buddy Mignon
04-19-2015, 12:49 PM
First off there were no 15 year old girls working in bars, that right tells me you're not too bright.

Second off no I wouldn't want any slaves around, so you are wrong again. You're on a roll shorty.

They may not have been in the bars, but stop pretending like you didn't visit the brothels. You Navy cats held no standards. And of course you'd have slaves around. As much as you enjoy the company of blacks... who you kidding.

Avante
04-19-2015, 01:50 PM
They may not have been in the bars, but stop pretending like you didn't visit the brothels. You Navy cats held no standards. And of course you'd have slaves around. As much as you enjoy the company of blacks... who you kidding.

We navy cats were surrounded by MP's and the red light district was totally off limits, so wrong yet again. And, no I wouldn't have slaves, why do you totally ignore what people say to you Buddy? Didn't I say if it were up to me there wouldn't have been slavery?

Buddy, stop ignoring what I;m telling you, what are you sonny, 17?

I think slavery sucked, ok little man?

Avante....ya know what really sucks Buddy?
Buddy....what?
Avante,,,fucking cigarettes, YUCK YUCK!!!!!!!!

(10 minutes later)

Buddy...got a smoke?

Aztecfan03
04-19-2015, 03:18 PM

Looks like you are the racist.

z0sa
04-19-2015, 03:22 PM
Very few white people come from slave owning families. Additionally, a significant if not majority portion of whites today descend from immigrants who came ashore post civil war. Do you ever get tired of being a foolish victim, kool?

Avante
04-19-2015, 03:26 PM
Very few white people come from slave owning families. Additionally, a significant if not majority portion of whites today descend from immigrants who came ashore post civil war. Do you ever get tired of being a foolish victim, kool?

DAMN!!!!!!!!

I was going to string the little fool along and then..BOOM!!!!!!!!!...unload reality on the cherry boy.

Buddy Mignon
04-19-2015, 06:19 PM
We navy cats were surrounded by MP's and the red light district was totally off limits, so wrong yet again. And, no I wouldn't have slaves, why do you totally ignore what people say to you Buddy? Didn't I say if it were up to me there wouldn't have been slavery?

Buddy, stop ignoring what I;m telling you, what are you sonny, 17?

I think slavery sucked, ok little man?

Avante....ya know what really sucks Buddy?
Buddy....what?
Avante,,,fucking cigarettes, YUCK YUCK!!!!!!!!

(10 minutes later)

Buddy...got a smoke?

I notice you like to throw around the terms... "little guy." If you and I are heading towards each other on a side walk... I walk down tbe middle and force you to step aside. Comprende?

Buddy Mignon
04-19-2015, 06:20 PM
Looks like you are the racist.

Of course I'm racist... we all are. Stop acting like a woman.

Infinite_limit
04-19-2015, 06:27 PM
the Blue eyed bum?

Buddy Mignon
04-19-2015, 06:43 PM
the Blue eyed bum?

Yup... he has no excuse. There are too many generous white people willing to give him a helping hand.

Avante
04-19-2015, 09:13 PM
I notice you like to throw around the terms... "little guy." If you and I are heading towards each other on a side walk... I walk down tbe middle and force you to step aside. Comprende?

If you and I are walking towards each other on a sidewalk, I will be thinking..."do I walk right over this little faggot"...while you will be thinking......"now that's one good looking man, yummy?" Comprende?

Nothing funnier than a runt on the internet.

Koolaid_Man
04-19-2015, 09:28 PM
If you and I are walking towards each other on a sidewalk, I will be thinking..."do I walk right over this little faggot"...while you will be thinking......"now that's one good looking man, yummy?" Comprende?

Nothing funnier than a runt on the internet.

but you're missing your front teeth due to your previous cocaine meth addictions that you openly admitted ..how can you be sexy?

Avante
04-19-2015, 09:46 PM
but you're missing your front teeth due to your previous cocaine meth addictions that you openly admitted ..how can you be sexy?

Where is this netherworld you spend most your time in midget? You ever try and actually deal with real life?

Real world....you wack off.
Kools world..two big ass hoes sucked and fucked ya.

ploto
04-20-2015, 06:41 PM
Although the 33% figure is probably tied to some masonic order bullshit... you have to admit that 100% of white Americans benefited from having free slave labor for hundreds of years.
How about those whose ancestors immigrated to the US in the 20th century?