PDA

View Full Version : cbs report: in godlessness we trust

Blake
04-19-2015, 02:13 PM
".. Visit Jackson, Mississippi, and you can't miss the First Baptist Church. To Neil Carter, it was like a second home."This is where I grew up," he told Rocca. "My parents were married here. My sisters were both married here. I got baptized here, twice actually."

At the age of 15, Carter says he was "saved" by a youth evangelist."It was a very emotional experience for me," he said. "I really broke down into tears. Almost immediately after I got saved, I began teaching Sunday school. And I did that for about 10 years."

After college, he went to seminary, and thought about becoming a minister. But he started having doubts.

"I like to say that I've always lived with an inner skeptic," he said. "Even when I was a kid, I always had a lot of questions that were never really answered."

His questioning lasted for decades. But five years ago, Carter finally admitted to himself that he's an atheist......."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/atheists-in-godlessness-we-trust/?ftag=YHF4eb9d17

Blake
04-19-2015, 02:14 PM
Sounds pretty familiar

Avante
04-19-2015, 02:18 PM
How Many Americans are Atheists? Fewer than You Might Think.

January 26, 2012 by Bradley Wright (http://www.patheos.com/blogs/blackwhiteandgray/author/bradleywright/) 41 Comments (http://www.patheos.com/blogs/blackwhiteandgray/2012/01/how-many-americans-are-atheists-fewer-than-you-might-think/#disqus_thread)
There is confusion in popular discussion about how many Americans are atheists. Here I review how many Americans are atheists, and why there are such varying estimates of this number.
Short answer: 3%-5% of Americans are atheists.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since that was from 2012, let's go with 7% of Americans are stupid. Hell, let's say 10%.

Blake
04-19-2015, 02:30 PM
Looking at our scholastic scores compared to other countries around the globe, it's clear that a lot more than 7% of Americans are stupid.

Avante
04-19-2015, 02:34 PM
Looking at our scholastic scores compared to other countries around the globe, it's clear that a lot more than 7% of Americans are stupid.

But what nation has more foreigners in our schools?

Blake
04-19-2015, 02:56 PM
But what nation has more foreigners in our schools?

ugh. Irrelevant point that you can't back up even if it was relevant

Avante
04-19-2015, 03:37 PM
ugh. Irrelevant point that you can't back up even if it was relevant

Will ever hit you that I don't just make shit up? Dude, the USA has more foreign students at our schools than any other nation, ok?

My point was....depite the fact we have the best educational system in the world....I have to stop assuming things are obvious with you, you never seem to pck up on the obvious.

Blake
04-19-2015, 04:02 PM
Will ever hit you that I don't just make shit up?

Lol that's a terrible lie. My discussion with you is through until you back your lousy claim up and explain how it's relevant.

Avante
04-19-2015, 04:21 PM
Lol that's a terrible lie. My discussion with you is through until you back your lousy claim up and explain how it's relevant.

Dude,you know how easy it would be to find out if the USA has the most foreign students? Do you really believe I'd just throw that out knowing you'd love to..."see see see right here it says".....come on shorty.

I'll make it real simple for ya Blake.

Big country
Lotta schools
Should do better than we do scholastically

Even you can figure that out.

spurraider21
04-19-2015, 08:25 PM
How Many Americans are Atheists? Fewer than You Might Think.

January 26, 2012 by Bradley Wright (http://www.patheos.com/blogs/blackwhiteandgray/author/bradleywright/) 41 Comments (http://www.patheos.com/blogs/blackwhiteandgray/2012/01/how-many-americans-are-atheists-fewer-than-you-might-think/#disqus_thread)
There is confusion in popular discussion about how many Americans are atheists. Here I review how many Americans are atheists, and why there are such varying estimates of this number.
Short answer: 3%-5% of Americans are atheists.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since that was from 2012, let's go with 7% of Americans are stupid. Hell, let's say 10%.
the website you pulled that from has a slogan... "hosting the conversation on faith."

a little bias there?

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/blackwhiteandgray/2012/01/how-many-americans-are-atheists-fewer-than-you-might-think/

RD2191
04-19-2015, 08:40 PM
http://funnyasduck.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/funny-scumbag-atheist-dont-let-religion-rule-life-talk-christianity-all-day-pics.jpg

Avante
04-19-2015, 08:47 PM
the website you pulled that from has a slogan... "hosting the conversation on faith."

a little bias there?

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/blackwhiteandgray/2012/01/how-many-americans-are-atheists-fewer-than-you-might-think/

Do you honestly believe there will be some dramatic difference? And didn't I jack it up to 10%? Point is you are in the overwelming minority. Why is that?

spurraider21
04-19-2015, 09:33 PM
Do you honestly believe there will be some dramatic difference? And didn't I jack it up to 10%? Point is you are in the overwelming minority. Why is that?
we all know how dumb the average american is. glad to not be a part of it :tu

Avante
04-19-2015, 09:39 PM
we all know how dumb the average american is. glad to not be a part of it :tu

You work way too hard at this.."I'm smart, yes I am"...and it's comical. You're like everyone else, you know about those things that interest you.

Avante
04-19-2015, 10:11 PM
I was just a little kid when my great grandma died, he was in his 90's. Obviously a sad moment but it came as no surprise, he was dying.

I remember my great granny saying..."it's ok dear he's in a far better place now"...and she really did believe that. And it did help her ease the pain.

Then a few years later she is on her death bed and she calls me over....."don't be sad dear, I'm looking forward to meeting Grandpa in heaven"....and she really believed that. Yes they were simple people, he was from Missouri she was from Oklahoma. Grandms would talk about how her dad traded with the local indian tribes right there on the front lawn.

Peace of mind is why so many people want/need a God, it just makes them feel better about things, yep...soothing. Little shits who play this..."oh yeah, well can ya prove it huh huh can ya can ya"...are so immature and out of touch it;s comical. And if ya notice most internet assholes are atheists.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-20-2015, 01:24 AM
http://funnyasduck.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/funny-scumbag-atheist-dont-let-religion-rule-life-talk-christianity-all-day-pics.jpg

It's really not a debate.

He does like to rub your nose in it but virgin births, resurrection and eternal happy fun time if you say that your sorry and really mean it are completely unsupportable. You don't even argue the tenets.

Cognitive dissonance is a bitch.

SnakeBoy
04-20-2015, 01:34 AM

When scholastic scores are broken down by race the US scores are about the same as the rest of the world. US whites score about the same as Euro whites, US Asians score about the same as Asians, etc. etc.

Clipper Nation
04-20-2015, 02:03 AM

a little bias there?

Old Faggot loves to copy-and-paste shit from Jeebotard sites in religion threads while trying to pass them off as unbiased.

Blake
04-20-2015, 02:17 AM
When scholastic scores are broken down by race the US scores are about the same as the rest of the world. US whites score about the same as Euro whites, US Asians score about the same as Asians, etc. etc.

Oh cool. A race post. That's something you don't see very often on Spurstalk.

RD2191
04-20-2015, 02:19 AM

JudynTX
04-20-2015, 12:12 PM
Blake, is this your 100th thread about religion and or God?

Blake
04-20-2015, 01:13 PM
Blake, is this your 100th thread about religion and or God?

could be

Ignignokt
04-20-2015, 02:22 PM
What the hell's this bitter shit?

Did Jamaal block his TLC and Bravo Channel access at the Cucktainer?

Blake
04-20-2015, 02:30 PM
What the hell's this bitter shit?

Did Jamaal block his TLC and Bravo Channel access at the Cucktainer?

oh look. Cuck literature featuring Jamaal.

On cue, like cuck work.

Ignignokt
04-20-2015, 02:34 PM
oh look. Cuck literature featuring Jamaal.

On cue, like cuck work.

>Few Sentences
> = Literature
>Texas Tech Food Journalism's Brightest

kek

Blake
04-20-2015, 02:37 PM
>Few Sentences
> = Literature
>Texas Tech Food Journalism's Brightest

kek

oh det taught me.

m>s
04-20-2015, 02:47 PM
Spamming God threads is telling us

Blake
04-20-2015, 02:54 PM
Spamming God threads is telling us

that's telling me

Ignignokt
04-20-2015, 03:05 PM
that's telling me

The reverberation in your cucktainer is telling you.

Blake
04-20-2015, 03:21 PM
The reverberation in your cucktainer is telling you.

the cuck fantasies you and m>s dream up together are incredible. I bet you pm each other cuck story ideas, don't you.

Ignignokt
04-20-2015, 03:52 PM
the cuck fantasies you and m>s dream up together are incredible. I bet you pm each other cuck story ideas, don't you.

Gawd you're so effeminate like your father Cuck Sr, you two should go take your catty talents to the HuffPo with all the other middle aged cat ladies.

DMC
04-20-2015, 04:12 PM
It's really not a debate.

He does like to rub your nose in it but virgin births, resurrection and eternal happy fun time if you say that your sorry and really mean it are completely unsupportable. You don't even argue the tenets.

Cognitive dissonance is a bitch.
Pretty sure he's going to need Google Translate to understand what you just said.

DMC
04-20-2015, 04:13 PM
I don't believe in a god, but I also don't believe in man. No hard feelings to either non-existent entity.

Blake
04-20-2015, 04:15 PM
Gawd you're so effeminate like your father Cuck Sr, you two should go take your catty talents to the HuffPo with all the other middle aged cat ladies.

lol you created the character of a black guy named Jamaal. It's your fantasy about him and me and my ex you stupid fuck.

Ignignokt
04-20-2015, 04:17 PM
lol you created the character of a black guy named Jamaal. It's your fantasy about him and me and my ex you stupid fuck.

Lol, bro let it all out. Pound your chest and beat your arms all across the Cucktainer and release the built up rage from all the humiliation and cream pie consumption. You need to let this out. I'm glad I can be your therapy.

Blake
04-20-2015, 04:25 PM
Oh you got me. I called you a dumb fuck so I must be angry as a cuck literature writer without material. Damn.

Ignignokt
04-20-2015, 04:28 PM
Oh you got me. I called you a dumb fuck so I must be angry as a cuck literature writer without material. Damn.

There's no anger in this post. not at all.

Blake
04-20-2015, 04:29 PM
Oh that's re-teaching me

Ignignokt
04-20-2015, 04:32 PM
Oh that's re-teaching me

So are you gonna go to home depot to get a portable a/c unit for the backyard pad? Summer is just around the corner. I think it's a good idea, for you the only negative is the loud machine noise will drown out her moans, but you can always purchase a cctv system and enjoy the show..

m>s
04-20-2015, 04:37 PM
^hahaha Dude folds like a cheap lawn chair everytime gtown drives the lane

Blake
04-20-2015, 04:39 PM
^hahaha Dude folds like a cheap lawn chair everytime gtown drives the lane

Hahahaha yeah Johnny sweep the leg

Blake
04-20-2015, 04:40 PM
So are you gonna go to home depot to get a portable a/c unit for the backyard pad? Summer is just around the corner. I think it's a good idea, for you the only negative is the loud machine noise will drown out her moans, but you can always purchase a cctv system and enjoy the show..

Lol incredible