PDA

View Full Version : Clippers Isiah Thomas says Chris Paul cares more about stats than winning

JohnnyMax
04-19-2015, 07:11 PM
Skip to 2:45

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amNwQfW0Xas

Malik Hairston
04-19-2015, 07:14 PM
Nothing worse than listening to these bitter old men that do nothing but complain about today's players, tbh..every NBA network is full of them..

Sean Cagney
04-19-2015, 07:15 PM
^^^^^^ Those two on there have Rings though, not so sure they are bitter about Paul. Isiah is a legend in the game and a HOF player, not so sure he is bitter about Paul who has yet to make a Conference finals.

apalisoc_9
04-19-2015, 07:23 PM
So stupid......

Malik Hairston
04-19-2015, 07:31 PM
^^^^^^ Those two on there have Rings though, not so sure they are bitter about Paul. Isiah is a legend in the game and a HOF player, not so sure he is bitter about Paul who has yet to make a Conference finals.

Isiah does this in every segment I've ever seen him in, tbh:lol..

Spur-Addict
04-19-2015, 07:32 PM
I have no problem with what was said here.

Sean Cagney
04-19-2015, 07:33 PM
Isiah does this in every segment I've ever seen him in, tbh:lol..

Yeah he does, no denying that. Dude does know the game but he does talk the same in every segment pretty much. He did tell some truth there though, no?

cd98
04-19-2015, 07:34 PM
Chris Paul's only problem is that he's never been on a roster good enough to go deep into the playoffs in the loaded west.

Malik Hairston
04-19-2015, 07:40 PM
Yeah he does, no denying that. Dude does know the game but he does talk the same in every segment pretty much. He did tell some truth there though, no?

I didn't watch the video, tbh:lol..

RD2191
04-19-2015, 07:42 PM
Chris Paul's only problem is that he's never been on a roster good enough to go deep into the playoffs in the loaded west.
He's running thin on excuses and if he fails this year I'd start questioning his legacy.

Spur-Addict
04-19-2015, 07:50 PM

Hey man, he played with Patrick Ewing in 2010-2011, I don't want to hear that bullshit.

davethedope
04-19-2015, 07:57 PM
Hey man, he played with Patrick Ewing in 2010-2011, I don't want to hear that bullshit.

Seriously, that clippers team is stacked. Dude is a choke artist

DMC
04-19-2015, 07:59 PM
Isiah sure knows how to run a franchise... into the ground.

LkrFan
04-19-2015, 08:20 PM
Nothing worse than listening to these bitter old men that do nothing but complain about today's players, tbh..every NBA network is full of them..

Zeke would bust CP's ass. Put him on this Clipps team and they cut down the nets. He was a bad manPERIOD.

Clipper Nation
04-19-2015, 08:23 PM

Choke Paul is a career loser, but calling a team that starts Matt Barnes at the 3 and gives legitimate minutes to Austin Rivers, 36-year-old Hedo Turkoglu, and Spencer Hawes "stacked" is really stretching the definition of the word.

coachmac87
04-19-2015, 08:32 PM
I feel CP3 looks for the "assist" way too much. He can get anywhere and get any shot on the floor...not many players can do that.

davethedope
04-19-2015, 08:38 PM
Choke Paul is a career loser, but calling a team that starts Matt Barnes at the 3 and gives legitimate minutes to Austin Rivers, 36-year-old Hedo Turkoglu, and Spencer Hawes "stacked" is really stretching the definition of the word.

Griffin and Jordan are enough, that should be a big three, and with some other pieces thats what I meant by stacked.

Budkin
04-19-2015, 08:40 PM

It's a team full of individuals. They don't have a lot of chemistry.

LkrFan
04-19-2015, 08:41 PM
Cliff Paul is the best player on his team with the most heart. That's the real problem.

baseline bum
04-19-2015, 08:42 PM

LOL, I heard him shitting on Curry and Harden on a radio show a couple of weeks ago, saying one of them would win a Karl Malone MVP because the media was sick of giving it to LeBron every year. :lol

baseline bum
04-19-2015, 08:46 PM

He has had his chances. Prime Chandler + Prime David West + Prime Stojakovic wasn't enough and he needed Jannero Pargo too to try to close out that series? He had a talented team last year and then decided he'd just run clock with 3 minutes to go in Game 5. There's a reason everyone calls his CP0 on this forum.

baseline bum
04-19-2015, 08:47 PM
And if he shits on Enrique this series I'm still not giving props. Everyone does now.

lefty
04-19-2015, 08:48 PM
Isiah dropping truth nukes, MH and Apalisoc can't handle them

Koolaid_Man
04-19-2015, 08:55 PM
Zeke would bust CP's ass. Put him on this Clipps team and they cut down the nets. He was a bad manPERIOD.

Sheetttt....^ This to be honest...Zeke woulda wrecked shop on these boys today...that little nigga in his prime was no fucking joke....if people dont remember better watch the tapes...MJ couldnt win shit to Zeke and nem got old....

Sean Cagney
04-19-2015, 09:01 PM
Sheetttt....^ This to be honest...Zeke woulda wrecked shop on these boys today...that little nigga in his prime was no fucking joke....if people dont remember better watch the tapes...MJ couldnt win shit to Zeke and nem got old....

Zeke was a fucking monster in his prime. His 4th Q against LA is still one of legends on that bum ankle. Chris Paul would have froze up and just passed the ball.

baseline bum
04-19-2015, 09:10 PM
Zeke was a fucking monster in his prime. His 4th Q against LA is still one of legends on that bum ankle. Chris Paul would have froze up and just passed the ball.

So harsh that the best playoff performance I have ever seen still resulted in a loss. It's too bad Isiah got injured young, because now people forget how amazing he was.

LkrFan
04-19-2015, 09:18 PM
People confuse Zeke the "GM" with Zeke the player. He'd average 30+/15 in today's NBA.

Koolaid_Man
04-19-2015, 09:19 PM

So harsh that the best playoff performance I have ever seen still resulted in a loss. It's too bad Isiah got injured young, because now people forget how amazing he was.

He played with wreckless abandon....they were all hardcore...dumars, Vinnie, Mahorn, Laimbeer, and a fucking teenage like Rodman....Zeke was their leader and he led with fearlessness...CP3 is not even close....it's not even fair to him make the comparison....for crying out loud they instituted the Jordan Rules..told that Nigga MJ he could no longer come down the lane :lmao scared the shit outta MJ....

Koolaid_Man
04-19-2015, 09:25 PM
:lol

Check this shit out..CP3 wouldna had the fucking balls....

p2v0LOhjsJs

Infinite_limit
04-19-2015, 10:34 PM

http://www.youngcons.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/jj_redick.jpg

Sean Cagney
04-19-2015, 10:36 PM
He played with wreckless abandon....they were all hardcore...dumars, Vinnie, Mahorn, Laimbeer, and a fucking teenage like Rodman....Zeke was their leader and he led with fearlessness...CP3 is not even close....it's not even fair to him make the comparison....for crying out loud they instituted the Jordan Rules..told that Nigga MJ he could no longer come down the lane :lmao scared the shit outta MJ....
Only team to routinely beat up on MJ 3-1 in the playoffs before he finally got over the hump. He had his games still but Detroit used to routinely bust that Bulls ass in the playoffs. I like Mike alot but as most do he needed help and Pippen became a man and Phil came over there and he got the help he needed.

lefty
04-19-2015, 10:47 PM
Not to mention the NBA changed the rules before the 90-91 season

The Lakers and Celtics hated the Pistons but never bitched about rule changes.

Phil and Mike did and they won :lol

It also helped them to beat the NYK in 93. Holy fuck, game 5 was a travesty :lol

Buddy Mignon
04-19-2015, 11:37 PM
Zeke was right on point with his criticism of Paul. I told you Paul was a loser the moment he resigned with the Clippas. Cully told you the moment he entered the league.

Malik Hairston
04-20-2015, 01:07 AM
Just YouTubed prime Isiah Thomas..wow:lmao..

Reminds me of a Black Beno Udrih, tbh..

AlexJones
04-20-2015, 02:08 AM
Just YouTubed prime Isiah Thomas..wow:lmao..

Reminds me of a Black Beno Udrih, tbh..

http://oi61.tinypic.com/2q1v2wh.jpg

disgusting tbh

I know you don't like win shares but dat .109 is embarrassing for any basketball player, much less a hall of fame "legned"

AlexJones
04-20-2015, 02:11 AM
THIS is who people consider to be the 2nd best PG of all time? :lmao lefty

TDMVPDPOY
04-20-2015, 04:40 AM
thomas is a fkn scrub, beno also has 2 rings, u dont see him running his mouth

Johnny RIngo
04-20-2015, 05:34 AM
http://oi61.tinypic.com/2q1v2wh.jpg

disgusting tbh

I know you don't like win shares but dat .109 is embarrassing for any basketball player, much less a hall of fame "legned"

He's one of the worst general managers in NBA history and his takes on tv are awful but I don't think he's as bad as you say. His efficiency sucks but at least he elevates his overalll game in the playoffs:

BPM RS - 2.2
BPM PS - 6.4

PER RS - 18.1
PER PS - 19.8

WS/48 RS - .109
WS/48 PS - .143

ORtg RS - 106
ORtg PS - 110

TS% RS - .516
TS% PS - .520

Don't know why he's shitting on Paul while using the fucking ring argument of all things. By that logic, Parker's the best point guard in NBA history after Magic which would be an absurd thing to say.

lefty
04-20-2015, 06:13 AM
:lol weak trolling by AlexJones and MH

AlexJones
04-20-2015, 06:49 AM
:lol Isiah Thomas worse shooter than Isaiah Thomas

:lol about as efficient as Chauncey Billups, yet gets credit as the best PG post-aids

Koolaid_Man
04-20-2015, 07:22 AM

Its like MJ once said....when he got tired of people making the comparison to him and Lebron..and he was 1000%right....its all about the quality of your competition....back then they were men real hardcore dudes....therefore you Mr Jones simply cannot be trusted....because you dont understand any aspects of the game....you lack balls threfore you lack basic comprehension.....

When todays player can take a hit like this get over 40 stiitches close to his eye and get back up...then let me know...:toast

6bM-Y4UoiAY

Koolaid_Man
04-20-2015, 07:24 AM
Anybody can stat pad with weak to no competition in front of them...its the same knock on Duncan....dude was weak at the 4 spot and pretty lazy on defense

Duncan has been shielded by his teammates and coaches....he cant play outside of his tailor made system if he could he would not have brought home a bronze medal and then quit on his country

DMC
04-20-2015, 08:26 AM
Its like MJ once said....when he got tired of people making the comparison to him and Lebron..and he was 1000%right....its all about the quality of your competition....back then they were men real hardcore dudes....therefore you Mr Jones simply cannot be trusted....because you dont understand any aspects of the game....you lack balls threfore you lack basic comprehension.....

When todays player can take a hit like this get over 40 stiitches close to his eye and get back up...then let me know...:toast

6bM-Y4UoiAY

Magic took a pounding as well and he eventually got back up.

Pelicans78
04-20-2015, 10:21 AM
Isiah was overrated. Dude played on a very deep team and one of the best defensive teams of all time.

lefty
04-20-2015, 11:47 AM
Isiah was overrated. Dude played on a very deep team and one of the best defensive teams of all time.
Then a lot of legends are overrated in this case

lefty
04-20-2015, 11:47 AM
That being said, Isiah and MJ never had the impact of a Larry Bird or Jim Cuckan

Clipper Nation
04-20-2015, 11:50 AM

:lol about as efficient as Chauncey Billups, yet gets credit as the best PG post-aids

Imagine if he had to face the advanced defensive schemes of today, as opposed to the era when hard fouls were considered defense... Christ almighty!

lefty
04-20-2015, 11:51 AM
Imagine if he had to face the advanced defensive schemes of today, as opposed to the era when hard fouls were considered defense... Christ almighty!

:lol

Pelicans78
04-20-2015, 12:15 PM
Only team to routinely beat up on MJ 3-1 in the playoffs before he finally got over the hump. He had his games still but Detroit used to routinely bust that Bulls ass in the playoffs. I like Mike alot but as most do he needed help and Pippen became a man and Phil came over there and he got the help he needed.

Pippen was the reason it took the Bulls so long to beat the Pistons. MJ destroyed them in the 1990 series, but Pippen was terrible and they still lost in 7 games. If Pippen was halfway decent, they would have easily won that series.

Pelicans78
04-20-2015, 12:15 PM
Then a lot of legends are overrated in this case

No because its debatable whether Isiah was really their best player at times especially in the championship years.

DMC
04-20-2015, 08:30 PM
The legends aren't overrated. Guys who dominate today will be overrated in the future if that's true. You compare to current competition. Otherwise Shaq is the best center to ever play the game of basketball, probably in the history of the planet, simply by the fact he would have destroyed Wilt's records.

Sean Cagney
04-20-2015, 11:10 PM
Pippen was the reason it took the Bulls so long to beat the Pistons. MJ destroyed them in the 1990 series, but Pippen was terrible and they still lost in 7 games. If Pippen was halfway decent, they would have easily won that series.

Correct.... MJ did go off that series. When Pippen became a man it was a wrap. Scottie actually had a decent series though if you look at it! That is the reason it went 7 that year instead of 4-1 or a sweep. The first two meetings the Bulls got beaten soundly and slowly did better each year. MJ had 32 ppg in that series and great all around numbers, truth.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_1990_ECF.html

Pippen horrible the year before, Mike good again.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_1989_ECF_CHI-DET.html

Mike another great series, damn not much help.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_1988_ECS_CHI-DET.html

Mike never had a bad series vs. them though as some believe, infact very effective pretty much and over .460 shooting every time which is the norm for a SG.