PDA

View Full Version : Danny Green, LA Clippers Game 1 Player of the Game

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-20-2015, 12:09 AM
One man Spur killer. Way to respond to the run to start the fourth by throwing the ball over on consecutive possessions, coming down to the other end and slacking off your man for easy buckets.

This was a Finals two years ago level disappearance from a guy who thinks he deserves $10 mil a year.

:td

cd98
04-20-2015, 12:10 AM
Yes, he was horrible, but he'll rebound.

timtonymanu
04-20-2015, 12:11 AM
Can't pin it all on him. Really, everybody but Duncan and Patty were soft and pathetic tonight.

Malik Hairston
04-20-2015, 12:11 AM
Better hope he turns it around, as this team is extremely reliant on him, as we have seen for the past 3 years, tbh..

Disagree about the D vs. Paul, though, that's going to be wide open all series with Duncan on the floor, unfortunately..

sananspursfan21
04-20-2015, 12:12 AM
Aron Baynes man. That's who killed the Spurs tonight. Crap defense and sissy shot selection

baseline bum
04-20-2015, 12:12 AM
Parker should be Co-MVP.

baseline bum
04-20-2015, 12:13 AM
Aron Baynes man. That's who killed the Spurs tonight. Crap defense and sissy shot selection

No one expects Aron Baynes to be starting quality.

UZER
04-20-2015, 12:14 AM
Dude still can't dribble more than three times without turning it over.

Parker is a close second. Theybdont respect his jumper at all. I wouldn't either. He hit two then reverted back to driving into the packed lane defense.

benstanfield
04-20-2015, 12:14 AM
Not going to win many games when Parker, Diaw, Green, Baynes, Leonard, Joseph, and Splitter all play like shit or like complete pussies. We picked a rough time to play our worst game in 2 months and convince Poop that Marco needs more minutes.

100%duncan
04-20-2015, 12:15 AM
How about their coach? But he has won us 5 rings!!! He's untouchable!!!

sananspursfan21
04-20-2015, 12:16 AM
No one expects Aron Baynes to be starting quality.

No, but we expect either more of him or less minutes. During the Clippers runs, Baynes was out hustled and just looked scared and useless out there. He doesn't need to be a star, but he sure needs to be more if he's gonna be in the game 20+ minutes

spurraider21
04-20-2015, 12:18 AM
Not going to win many games when Parker, Diaw, Green, Baynes, Leonard, Joseph, and Splitter all play like shit or like complete pussies. We picked a rough time to play our worst game in 2 months and convince Poop that Marco needs more minutes.
leonard wasn't terrible but did a lot of his damage when the game wasn't close. the team was playing scared of jordan, a lot of hot-potato under the rim

baseline bum
04-20-2015, 12:19 AM
No, but we expect either more of him or less minutes. During the Clippers runs, Baynes was out hustled and just looked scared and useless out there. He doesn't need to be a star, but he sure needs to be more if he's gonna be in the game 20+ minutes

The Spurs are going to get raped by the pick and roll if Splitter isn't healthy. Duncan, Diaw can't guard it either.

Harry Callahan
04-20-2015, 12:20 AM
Clips are still a collection of asSholes and idiots.

Richie
Jordan gave us the Ibaka treatment, everyone scared of going in to the paint.

will_spurs
Green and Diaw combined for 4-for-23 (that 17% shooting), and 1-for-12 (8% shooting) from 3.

We're not winning any game shooting like that...

Malik Hairston
04-20-2015, 12:21 AM

This is true, but Danny missed like 4 open 3s and Parker missed several open Js, too..

sananspursfan21
04-20-2015, 12:23 AM
The Spurs are going to get raped by the pick and roll if Splitter isn't healthy. Duncan, Diaw can't guard it either.

You're right. The only advantage these guys have too :/ it could get ugly if Pop don't figure it out. Would Leonard on Griffin slow him down at all? It's a height disadvantage but Kawhi's annoying enough

Richie
04-20-2015, 12:23 AM
Green and Diaw combined for 4-for-23 (that 17% shooting), and 1-for-12 (8% shooting) from 3.

We're not winning any game shooting like that...

This is true, but Danny missed like 4 open 3s and Parker missed several open Js, too..

Danny is streaky, I'm not worried. Diaw has been a bad 3 point shooter all season, we shouldn't expect him to make many.

SpurPadre
04-20-2015, 12:26 AM
Can't pin it all on him. Really, everybody but Duncan and Patty were soft and pathetic tonight.

TD shouldn't be immune from criticism. He missed bunnies, free throws, and was outhustled many times on 50/50 balls.

blizz
04-20-2015, 12:26 AM
They ran green off the three pt line and made him a driver. That's what the heat did two years ago and it had the same effect as it did tonight. Worse than making him ineffective, it makes him horrible. His shots are terrible going to the rim and his passing is worse. I think that fucks with his confidence and then his shots are way off. Some of them were really bad.

timtonymanu
04-20-2015, 12:27 AM
TD shouldn't be immune from criticism. He missed bunnies, free throws, and was outhustled many times on 50/50 balls.

I agree. But everyone else was just on a shittier level in comparison.

TheGreatYacht
04-20-2015, 12:28 AM
He was the only guy in the starting lineup that didn't have a negative +/- ... Defense went to shit once he got in foul trouble smh

Holden_Caulfield
04-20-2015, 12:28 AM
They ran green off the three pt line and made him a driver. That's what the heat did two years ago and it had the same effect as it did tonight. Worse than making him ineffective, it makes him horrible. His shots are terrible going to the rim and his passing is worse. I think that fucks with his confidence and then his shots are way off. Some of them were really bad.
lol what he had wide open shots

Malik Hairston
04-20-2015, 12:30 AM

Ya, this is false, as he missed at least 4 wide open 3s, including 2 at the beginning of the game before they were running him off:lol..

Every time Green goes through a slump, people come out with the "they're running him off the 3-point line" blind argument, tbh..

SpurPadre
04-20-2015, 12:32 AM
He was the only guy in the starting lineup that didn't have a negative +/- ... Defense went to shit once he got in foul trouble smh

He's gotta hustle more, though. He lost quite a few possessions where the ball was right in front of him with no one else nearby only to let them get possession of the ball.

blizz
04-20-2015, 12:36 AM
Ya, this is false, as he missed at least 4 wide open 3s, including 2 at the beginning of the game before they were running him off:lol..

Every time Green goes through a slump, people come out with the "they're running him off the 3-point line" blind argument, tbh..
Look I don't give a shit what happened first. The point is, they ran him off the line and that made him a bad player period. He is a one trick pony. Turn him into a driver and he's horrible. It was like that against the Heat two years ago. Go ahead, say it didn't and say he's good going to the basket because tonight and the finals two years ago are prime examples of my point.

Darius Bieber
04-20-2015, 12:37 AM

Cloud786
04-20-2015, 12:38 AM
Green has not played well on the road this year. His 3 pt shooting drops considerably on the road. He shoots 47% at home and only 35% on the road which makes him just an average shooter. A 12% dropoff is HUGEEEEE. Like Malik said, Green's production is a good indicator of how well the Spurs offense is rolling. If he's not getting many open looks like the Pels game, our offense won't be rolling. Nights like these, he is essentially another Matt Bonner. He can either shoot or take a couple dribbles and throw up a floater. However, Spurs struggle against shot blocking bigs. We are treating Jordan as if he is the boogeyman, similar to Ibaka. Hopefully he'll bounce back in game 2 since that game is pretty much a must win.

Malik Hairston
04-20-2015, 12:39 AM
Look I don't give a shit what happened first. The point is, they ran him off the line and that made him a bad player period. He is a one trick pony. Turn him into a driver and he's horrible. It was like that against the Heat two years ago. Go ahead, say it didn't and say he's good going to the basket because tonight and the finals two years ago are prime examples of my point.

Even if he missed every single drive he took, it wouldn't have mattered if he had made even half his 3-point attempts:lol..

Your logic is that all it takes to shut him down is running him off the line, and that the Heat provided the blueprint in 2013..what happened in 2014 when he was red hot from 3 all playoffs? Why doesn't every team do it? The shitty Clippers' defense is the only D to figure it out this year?

blizz
04-20-2015, 12:43 AM
Missing good shots is one thing. Shooters sometimes go cold. I can't fault him for that. It happens but he compounded that by taking horrible floaters that he's never really made with any consistency and threw terrible passes that resulted in turn overs.

UZER
04-20-2015, 12:46 AM

Not scared to go in the paint, just scared to shoot when they got there.

Malik Hairston
04-20-2015, 12:47 AM
Missing good shots is one thing. Shooters sometimes go cold. I can't fault him for that. It happens but he compounded that by taking horrible floaters that he's never really made with any consistency and threw terrible passes that got picked off.

I agree with this, and obviously shooters are better when they're in a rhythm, but I'm just saying, he missed at least 4 wide open 3s IIRC..

kaji157
04-20-2015, 12:49 AM
Green, Parker and Diaw sucked, everyone else but Tim, Manu, Patty and (ughh) Marco were mediocre.
But i still feel this series is ours to win because of a very simple fact. They made a lot of contested jump shots and we missed a lot of open jump shoots.
Usually the team that takes the most amount of open shots win, and the spurs were that team tonight.
As a matter of fact Green and Diaw had some of the most awful open shots i´ve seen in a while.

blizz
04-20-2015, 12:54 AM
I agree with this, and obviously shooters are better when they're in a rhythm, but I'm just saying, he missed at least 4 wide open 3s IIRC..

Yeah he did. And we have seen him do that before in games but keep shooting and eventually he comes around. This time it felt like he lost confidence and his shots were waaaay off and worse, his drives never resulted in anything good. I just hope they get mad. They play their best when they're mad.

blizz
04-20-2015, 12:56 AM
Green, Parker and Diaw sucked, everyone else but Tim, Manu, Patty and (ughh) Marco were mediocre.
But i still feel this series is ours to win because of a very simple fact. They made a lot of contested jump shots and we missed a lot of open jump shoots.
Usually the team that takes the most amount of open shots win, and the spurs were that team tonight.
As a matter of fact Green and Diaw had some of the most awful open shots i´ve seen in a while.
We missed a ton of easy layups too. Don't discount those. They often led to quick layups on the other side. It will not be like that next game. We only need one over there. We have three more tries.

z0sa
04-20-2015, 12:57 AM
leonard wasn't terrible but did a lot of his damage when the game wasn't close. the team was playing scared of jordan, a lot of hot-potato under the rim

Agreed. I am disappointed in the hesitancy our guys were showing when they had the ball in the paint.

LongtimeSpursFan
04-20-2015, 01:14 AM
I love Danny Green and hope he returns to SA next year but I couldn't understand why people were saying he was going to command a 10 million dollar salary. He's a great three point shooter and excellent defender but he is not consistent enough on offense nor does possess great ability once he puts the ball on the floor. He is unable to dribble to a spot and shoot nor finish at the rim. So once he's off the three point line he's easy to defend. He also doesn't possess the passing ability to keep the offense moving when he has ball. All players are taught the triple threat position when they receive ball but with DG the defender only needs to be concerned about his shooting. He is not going to hurt you in the two other phases.

ElNono
04-20-2015, 01:16 AM
Danny had a bad game. It happens. I love the guy, and I fully support him. I know he'll be hard on himself, and he'll turn things around.

Pop actually had a fairly short leash on him this game.

BillMc
04-20-2015, 01:18 AM

Do we solve it, like we "solved" Ibaka last year by starting Bonner?

Mikeanaro
04-20-2015, 01:21 AM
Danny was MIA, Pop should have benched his ass his D was horrible lot of times was lazy you cant win road games without giving your best.

loveforthegame
04-20-2015, 09:36 AM
Really need more of those floaters he was throwing up. So close.

in2deep
04-20-2015, 09:40 AM
agree Green missed wide open shots. But he usually does this on the road.

He is also a terrible ball handler and below average passer. The guy should be utilized like Bowen. Asking anything more from him is suicide.

still he should have made those open shots. at the very minimum

Expert
04-20-2015, 10:06 AM
you know I refuse to accept the excuse that since you can't pin it on one person you can't pin it on anyone. You can pin it on each person individually. A team is made up of individuals. So hell yes, it is Danny's fault.

However I think it goes a bit deeper than that. I think danny is a bit upset about something that was done in the past probably by the coach or the training staff. Maybe he caught a rumor that he's not going to be resigned I don't know. Either way his game dropped off suddenly. it appears to be lack of effort and that's something he can control. if he was putting forth the same effort but getting different results that would be one thing, his lack of effort tells me that there is a chemistry issue between him and someone else. I would not be surprised to find out that someone else is Tony Parker.

Richie
04-20-2015, 10:36 AM
Do we solve it, like we "solved" Ibaka last year by starting Bonner?

Diaw got a bunch of open 3's but couldn't make them, and Bonner hasn't been shooting very well this year either.

G-Dawgg
04-20-2015, 10:48 AM
Danny Green has the worst floater I've ever seen it's almost like he just chucks it up at the rim hoping something good might happen. Also, I cringe expecting a turnover whenever he does anything other than shoot a 3 pointer

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-23-2015, 01:02 AM
Tried hard tonight to out-do his game 1 performance :td

Even airballed a layup.

He's spending too much time bitching at the refs for calls and trying to get respect out of them. Just shut the hell up and play ball.

timtonymanu
04-23-2015, 01:03 AM
Green shot better tonight at least and defended Paul well.

Don't understand the hate.

Floyd Pacquiao
04-23-2015, 01:03 AM
He made a few 3s and played good D down the stretch in OT