PDA

View Full Version : Tiago Splitter

z0sa
04-20-2015, 12:44 AM
One might get hits pointing fingers at Tony or Manu or whoever, but unless the staff and Tiago find a way to get him healthy, there is just no way the Spurs are repeating tbh.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-20-2015, 12:47 AM
Griffin was 9-20 and had to get quite a bit of help from the refs to get his point and bail out bad drives/shots.

I thought the issue was defense 1-3. Kawhi got a couple steals but his on the ball defense was shit by his standards. Manu was serviceable but didn't play much. Verde, Cojo, and Parker were awful defensively.

cd98
04-20-2015, 12:49 AM
No question he is the best Griffin defender on the team. But he was just a step too slow tonight.

spurtech09
04-20-2015, 12:53 AM
One might get hits pointing fingers at Tony or Manu or whoever, but unless the staff and Tiago find a way to get him healthy, there is just no way the Spurs are repeating tbh.I agree

dabom
04-20-2015, 12:54 AM
How did ibaka play with 1 calf last playoffs. and tons of minutes. Tiago is the softest player on our team next to tony. I'm tired on depending on an injury prone player.

spurtech09
04-20-2015, 12:55 AM
Griffin was 9-20 and had to get quite a bit of help from the refs to get his point and bail out bad drives/shots.

I thought the issue was defense 1-3. Kawhi got a couple steals but his on the ball defense was shit by his standards. Manu was serviceable but didn't play much. Verde, Cojo, and Parker were awful defensively.
It was all abput the refs tonight...The refs are the real MVP

spurtech09
04-20-2015, 12:56 AM
How did ibaka play with 1 calve last playoffs. and tons of minutes. Tiago is the softest player on our team next to tony. I'm tired on depending on an injury prone player.True....Pretty sure Ibaka's injury was more serious too

z0sa
04-20-2015, 01:02 AM
No question he is the best Griffin defender on the team. But he was just a step too slow tonight.

He was a couple steps slow, tbh. He didnt look ready to go tonight.

Like others, and Pop too Im sure, Im frustrated as hell with how injury prone he is. Particularly considering the "nature" of the injury... if that is what you really wanna call a tweak. It seems undeniable he just has a low pain tolerance at this point.

Cloud786
04-20-2015, 01:03 AM
At this point, we can forget about having a healthy Tiago for the rest of the playoffs tbh. This kind of injury needs a good amount of time off and unfortunately, we don't have that luxury.

Floyd Pacquiao
04-20-2015, 01:06 AM
With out him our pick n roll d was trash as expected. Paul was having a field day

z0sa
04-20-2015, 01:11 AM
With out him our pick n roll d was trash as expected. Paul was having a field day

Without Tiago's mobility, #9 certainly has his work cut out for him. Actually, Tony's only hope is successfully and relentlessly attacking him on the other end - certainly not the most popular alternative around these parts.

dabom
04-20-2015, 01:12 AM
Without Tiago's mobility, #9 certainly has his work cut out for him. Actually, Tony's only hope is successfully and relentlessly attacking him on the other end - certainly not the most popular alternative around these parts.

You want MORE enrique? :lmao

siraulo23
04-20-2015, 01:13 AM
pretty much

he's probably close to 100% health wise but everyone knows Splitter takes a couple of games to get into rhythm and game shape, most times even longer

DMC
04-20-2015, 01:17 AM
How did ibaka play with 1 calf last playoffs. and tons of minutes. Tiago is the softest player on our team next to tony. I'm tired on depending on an injury prone player.
You mean the one he lost?

Ditty
04-20-2015, 01:20 AM
Tiago played a decent game outside of not making a few easy layups. Hopefully he felt good after the game with no set backs, and plays closer to twenty minutes next game.

Malik Hairston
04-20-2015, 01:38 AM
Splitter's impact is obvious to anybody that isn't a hater of his, tbh..

:lmao Spurs fans that perceived Baynes as an enforcer or tough guy type..I like him, I love his improvements(as I've said many times here), but he got clowned tonight..

timtonymanu
04-20-2015, 01:39 AM
Yep, I said Baynes wasn't fit for big minutes in the playoffs.

:lol tholdren

Splitter is absolutely important. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like he's healthy.

RD2191
04-20-2015, 01:40 AM
Griffin has beasted the Spurs with or without Splitter playing. Parker needs to sit and we can go from there.

Stabula
04-20-2015, 01:44 AM
Spurs have a very slim chance of even getting past this first round without Splitter healthy. Sad thing is that this is likely the last hurrah of Duncan, Manu, and Pop and the last chance to compete for a championship so we can't just say there's always next year. There will never be another Tim Duncan.

RD2191
04-20-2015, 01:48 AM
Spurs have a very slim chance of even getting past this first round without Splitter healthy. Sad thing is that this is likely the last hurrah of Duncan, Manu, and Pop and the last chance to compete for a championship so we can't just say there's always next year. There will never be another Tim Duncan.
I'm kinda wanting the big 3 to retire, tbh. I want younger players who can bring energy and life to the team. I'm excited for life after Tim. I want to see what the front office does to build around Kawhi. Tims legacy is set and the odds of him ever winning another ring are stacked against him imo.

z0sa
04-20-2015, 01:54 AM

Yeah, I can't help but feel like we really blew it when the Spurs lost to the Pelicans. It's balls to the wall now when we could have been sitting pretty at home for multiple series.