PDA

View Full Version : OT: Clippers Are Choke Artists Still Dont See How They Defeat The Purs For The Series

Koolaid_Man
04-20-2015, 12:47 AM
....fluke win.....no real comment from Kool other than that....Goosh I hate the Clips..horrivle horrivle team.....

I like how the Purs played....just kept shooting thinking they can win again on jumpshots and teams wont figure them out from last yesr....i say teams wont figure it out...go Purs....and yet I remain neutral neutral....

Like KG say....anything is poooosssiiiibbbbblllleeee............:lol

Silver&Black
04-20-2015, 12:58 AM
Good luck with those lottery balls Kool....

Strange Love
04-20-2015, 01:01 AM
Doesn't seen like you're neutral brah. :lol

ElNono
04-20-2015, 01:31 AM
:lol this is a terrible series for Lakerfan...

Trainwreck2100
04-20-2015, 01:33 AM

not really they know the clips won't do shit this year

AlexJones
04-20-2015, 01:39 AM
I'm gonna say Clippers win game 2, Spurs win games 3-4 and steal 5, Clippers take 6 in a nailbiter and 7 in a blowout.

Trainwreck2100
04-20-2015, 01:49 AM
I'm gonna say Clippers win game 2, Spurs win games 3-4 and steal 5, Clippers take 6 in a nailbiter and 7 in a blowout.

nba can't afford a game 7 that's mayweather/paqman day

AlexJones
04-20-2015, 02:04 AM
nba can't afford a game 7 that's mayweather/paqman day

Almost forgot about that. I'm still stunned Pacquiao finally stopped ducking Floyd

Koolaid_Man
04-20-2015, 07:28 AM
Good luck with those lottery balls Kool....

This is one time i want to play with lots of lots of lots of balls.....bring them on...hit me in the fucking face with them.....tea bag me with them balls please :lol

Killakobe81
04-20-2015, 07:54 AM

Why? As stated above we know Clips won't ring ... and most real Laker fans outside of spurstalk really dont hate the spurs. Like I said if I never came here or lived in SA, I would be oblivious to the hate. All that being said I am enjoying the series so far. IF clips win this the path for Lebron gets easier ... and i really wouldnt be mad to see the city of Cleveland finally win something. When my team isnt in it I can just appreciate great players or teams I have not stakes. I just want to see Mchale and Dwight fail.

ambchang
04-20-2015, 08:15 AM
A little surprised the Spurs were essentially blown out, but not necessarily surprised the Spurs lost game 1.

That said, I think the Spurs win Games 2 and 3, down to wire Clippers win in game 4, Spurs steal Game 5 and then wrap it up at home in 6 games (yes, that's two road wins).

The Spurs offense is (should be) much better than the Clippers defense, and Pop should be able to figure it out. I felt Green reaches too much on Paul, and he should be trapped more effectively in Game 2. Griffin went off, but I am not overly concerned about that. The Spurs should go through Kawhi and Ginobili a lot more in Game 2. Duncan and Splitter should start drawing Jordan out of the paint more (or Bonner), and Cory Joseph should see more minutes to help contain Paul.

Koolaid_Man
04-20-2015, 09:26 AM
A little surprised the Spurs were essentially blown out, but not necessarily surprised the Spurs lost game 1.

That said, I think the Spurs win Games 2 and 3, down to wire Clippers win in game 4, Spurs steal Game 5 and then wrap it up at home in 6 games (yes, that's two road wins).

The Spurs offense is (should be) much better than the Clippers defense, and Pop should be able to figure it out. I felt Green reaches too much on Paul, and he should be trapped more effectively in Game 2. Griffin went off, but I am not overly concerned about that. The Spurs should go through Kawhi and Ginobili a lot more in Game 2. Duncan and Splitter should start drawing Jordan out of the paint more (or Bonner), and Cory Joseph should see more minutes to help contain Paul.

So what happens if the Clips continue being Hawkish about defending the perimeter more importantly the 3pt line...how do the Spurs recover since apparently they think they can shoot their way to another title. The clips are also strong on supporting defense and down low

ambchang
04-20-2015, 09:59 AM
So what happens if the Clips continue being Hawkish about defending the perimeter more importantly the 3pt line...how do the Spurs recover since apparently they think they can shoot their way to another title. The clips are also strong on supporting defense and down low

This will open up the mid range game for the Spurs, which the Spurs are, as shocking as it sounds, the best shooting team in the league from 3 to 10 feet. Having players putting a heavy emphasis on perimeter defense opens up the passing lane, and that's when a guy like Bonner comes in to help draw Jordan out of the paint. Bonner, Diaw and Duncan can and will nail 18 foot (or more) jumpers, and if the Clippers continue to defend the perimeter, the Spurs can start driving the lane, or have their bigs nail open mid/long range jumpers.

The Clippers are not the first team to try that strategy. OKC did it last year, and while they had some success against the Spurs, the Spurs adjusted and prevailed.

Pelicans78
04-20-2015, 10:04 AM

This is a terrible time for Lakers fans. Clearly 2nd fiddle to the Clippers right now. And will be for the next few years.

Killakobe81
04-20-2015, 10:18 AM
This is a terrible time for Lakers fans. Clearly 2nd fiddle to the Clippers right now. And will be for the next few years.

we of course are not as good as the Clips ... it has been that way for at least 3 years maybe more... but LOL at 2nd fiddle. Even when we suck, we get more ratings and more media coverage than those clips. Only place we are 2nd fiddle is in the standings and even at that Clips need to win something for it to truly matter. and even if they do win it all still won't change.

LA is a Lakers/Dodgers/USCfootball/UCLA basketball/Kings town in THAT order.. The Angels (who won it all recently) or the Clips being better than their crosstown rivals has done little change any of that. Just like UCLA (my school) being better in football the past 3 years hasnt changed that either.

You guys dont get SOcal, no offense.

Koolaid_Man
04-20-2015, 11:07 AM
This will open up the mid range game for the Spurs, which the Spurs are, as shocking as it sounds, the best shooting team in the league from 3 to 10 feet. Having players putting a heavy emphasis on perimeter defense opens up the passing lane, and that's when a guy like Bonner comes in to help draw Jordan out of the paint. Bonner, Diaw and Duncan can and will nail 18 foot (or more) jumpers, and if the Clippers continue to defend the perimeter, the Spurs can start driving the lane, or have their bigs nail open mid/long range jumpers.

The Clippers are not the first team to try that strategy. OKC did it last year, and while they had some success against the Spurs, the Spurs adjusted and prevailed.

Problem is the Clips are good at man to man and they rotate very fast....they are playing yall straight up and D'ing yall up....if CP0 continues to pressure the ball yall may be in trouble....the other issue is that Blake and Dre are beasting down low...Blake on offense and Dre on defense...if that continues it will wipe out any mid range effects yall might have on the game..with Dre being as active as he was he will make you guys force shots just like he did last night.....another thing.....it looks like Blake has finally come into his own mentally....if he sustains it under Docs tutelage it's gonna be really hard for you guys....Yall simply have no answer for him....and finally CP3 was burning Leonard last night....Yall will get your best player in foul trouble you keep putting him on CP0....if the Clippers continue guarding the 3 at all costs I just don't see how yall win....

Koolaid_Man
04-20-2015, 11:09 AM

No its not we've known before the season started that we wouldn't make the playoffs

ambchang
04-20-2015, 01:36 PM
Problem is the Clips are good at man to man and they rotate very fast....they are playing yall straight up and D'ing yall up....if CP0 continues to pressure the ball yall may be in trouble....the other issue is that Blake and Dre are beasting down low...Blake on offense and Dre on defense...if that continues it will wipe out any mid range effects yall might have on the game..with Dre being as active as he was he will make you guys force shots just like he did last night.....another thing.....it looks like Blake has finally come into his own mentally....if he sustains it under Docs tutelage it's gonna be really hard for you guys....Yall simply have no answer for him....and finally CP3 was burning Leonard last night....Yall will get your best player in foul trouble you keep putting him on CP0....if the Clippers continue guarding the 3 at all costs I just don't see how yall win....

Spurs doesn't necessarily have to play man to man, because if the Spurs can be forced to play man to man, they wouldn't have made the finals the last two years and winning one of them. The Spurs does not have the talent to compete against many upper echelon teams in a 1-1 setting.

As for the Clippers, they were ranked 15th in DRtg this year, and Jordan can be neutralized on defense with fakes and mid range jumpers.

As for Blake, I agree he is beasting, very difficult to stop a player of his caliber, but one man doesn't make a team. The Clippers horrible wing players do not match up well with the Spurs, and I am counting on that.

CP3 should be guarded by Joseph and Green. Kawhi is too big a guy to guard CP3, Kawhi should be coasting on D and taking over on O.

Koolaid_Man
04-20-2015, 02:53 PM
Spurs doesn't necessarily have to play man to man, because if the Spurs can be forced to play man to man, they wouldn't have made the finals the last two years and winning one of them. The Spurs does not have the talent to compete against many upper echelon teams in a 1-1 setting.

As for the Clippers, they were ranked 15th in DRtg this year, and Jordan can be neutralized on defense with fakes and mid range jumpers.

As for Blake, I agree he is beasting, very difficult to stop a player of his caliber, but one man doesn't make a team. The Clippers horrible wing players do not match up well with the Spurs, and I am counting on that.

CP3 should be guarded by Joseph and Green. Kawhi is too big a guy to guard CP3, Kawhi should be coasting on D and taking over on O.

You're exposing yourself as someone who is a fan of your team but don't know shit about basketball...my take wasn't about the Spurs playing man to man it was about their opponents playing lock down man to man defense on them....if the refs let them play like they did last night it doesn't bode well for the Spurs....because they rely heavily on quick sharp passes to their shooters for quick releases...if you're playing them tight in man to man they can't get that off....only one guy was skilled enough to beat that type of defense and it was Kobe...Harden is the closet to that now with his range and dribble penetration.

Back to my point...in tight man to man coverage they better be prepared for the mid range game of the century because not only have the Clips shown awesome perimeter D (at least game 1) but it's clear they are manning the paint like never before.....this is why I said the Rockets would beast on you guys...because if Dwight accepted his role like Dre has in LA then it's lights out.. Dre is focused on one thing only and that's playing hellacious defense...he's not concerned at all with scoring and that's a problem for the Spurs.....Tammy is down low but he's virtually being run over like he's not even there.....there's too much action and energy for Tammy to keep up or so it seems...:lol

I told you you guys got lucky by winning a title on jumpshots...it rarely ever happens...like the fans the Spurs players seem to have gotten caught up in all the hype about their shooting and passing when all teams have to really do is be hawkish about perimeter defense...what I saw last night from Pop was a man grimacing on every other play because he realizes teams have cued in on his bullshit and he doesn't have a solid plan B......Kiwi is out there thinking he's the answer when he should be playing like he's part of the solution....

Yet and still I make no predictions....it is what it is....it refuse to jinx my desires this year...:hat

angrydude
04-20-2015, 03:38 PM
Pretty simple. On a scale of 1-10 the Spurs always play at a 9. Last night the Clippers played at a 10. They won't keep playing at a 10.

Koolaid_Man
04-20-2015, 03:50 PM
Pretty simple. On a scale of 1-10 the Spurs always play at a 9. Last night the Clippers played at a 10. They won't keep playing at a 10.

This isn't 2014...every year is different...ATL and GSW are legit title contenders...what a difference a year makes...and don't underestimate the kryptonite power of winning a title....each time you win one you lose desire to win another (unless your name is MJ or Kobe) compounded by the fact you've never went back to back...it's the same blase and complacent attitude that kept the Lakers from 3 peating in 2011....it seems like you guys are poised to experience it now....thinking that Spurs dominance is a foregone conclusion will make for a soft ass trust me..I speak from experience....if you're competing for a title...outside of just some plain Ole good luck.... then each year is all about match ups, drive , desire, intensity, and breakthroughs...as a Spur fan you have to ask yourself and be honest do you see any of that from this current incarnation of the Purrs. :lol

but I have no dog in this fight :-) good luck to each team

04-20-2015, 05:58 PM
You're exposing yourself as someone who is a fan of your team but don't know shit about basketball...my take wasn't about the Spurs playing man to man it was about their opponents playing lock down man to man defense on them....if the refs let them play like they did last night it doesn't bode well for the Spurs....because they rely heavily on quick sharp passes to their shooters for quick releases...if you're playing them tight in man to man they can't get that off....only one guy was skilled enough to beat that type of defense and it was Kobe...Harden is the closet to that now with his range and dribble penetration.

Back to my point...in tight man to man coverage they better be prepared for the mid range game of the century because not only have the Clips shown awesome perimeter D (at least game 1) but it's clear they are manning the paint like never before.....this is why I said the Rockets would beast on you guys...because if Dwight accepted his role like Dre has in LA then it's lights out.. Dre is focused on one thing only and that's playing hellacious defense...he's not concerned at all with scoring and that's a problem for the Spurs.....Tammy is down low but he's virtually being run over like he's not even there.....there's too much action and energy for Tammy to keep up or so it seems...:lol

I told you you guys got lucky by winning a title on jumpshots...it rarely ever happens...like the fans the Spurs players seem to have gotten caught up in all the hype about their shooting and passing when all teams have to really do is be hawkish about perimeter defense...what I saw last night from Pop was a man grimacing on every other play because he realizes teams have cued in on his bullshit and he doesn't have a solid plan B......Kiwi is out there thinking he's the answer when he should be playing like he's part of the solution....

Yet and still I make no predictions....it is what it is....it refuse to jinx my desires this year...:hat
OKC played this same defense last year and we closed them out in OKC. It's just a matter of being aggressive and taking it to the shot blockers. As long as we don't let them force us to change our game we'll be fine.

Koolaid_Man
04-20-2015, 06:44 PM
OKC played this same defense last year and we closed them out in OKC. It's just a matter of being aggressive and taking it to the shot blockers. As long as we don't let them force us to change our game we'll be fine.

Totally different team and dynamics...listen Im not saying the Purrs cant or wont win...just trying to get you fellas to think critically.....for example thinking that just because you beat an injury riddled OKC team with a front line of Ibaka and the big Shrek that was traded..that somehow that translates into you beating a more atheletic defensive and far higher scoring (thanks to Blake) duo of Dre and Griffin.....you're flat out Jim Carey dumb and dumber retard if you think that.....

You have NO answer for Blake and you have little answer for Dre's youth and defensive tenacity...lets be real that kid was timing his blocks last night..he was anticipating meaning he was reading your plays....it also means he's finally thinking the game...yall can go right ahead and write these boys off and yall will fuck around and get your asses swept....Remember Skunker 8.....:lol No?

The other thing is while Westbrook is dynamic he's a shoot first guard....for as much as I love the guy he beats you with raw talent and athleticism....which means that CP0 who relies on his IQ and floor gamesmanship is FAR far dangerous to actually close you guys out....I'd be much more concerned with facing a floor general like CP0 than a young stud like WB....WB hasn't gotten to the point of methodical tactics and thats partly why he and Durant havent made it to the ying and yang levels of basketball....They think tactical and not strategic so the dynamics are totally different....The Clips also have dawgs that just dont give a fuck....Matt Barnes and Jamal Crawford are hood niggas that can slash and shoot very streaky both of them but when their shot isnt falling they still D up....if they remain healthy all I'm saying is yall may have problems...while it's just a game this is far more complex than ohh we beat OKC last year so we should by default best this hungrier more determined and better coached Clippers team....

We shall see....good luck

ezau
04-20-2015, 10:39 PM
Even if the Clips beat the Spurs, we already have 5 in the bag. Non-issue.

ambchang
04-21-2015, 08:24 AM

Did you just hop on a time machine from 2002? Did you notice the Mavs and the Spurs won a championship the last few years with crisp passing and quite a few teams tried to guard them 1-1?

Did you also miss the last few Harden playoff moments?

You sound like the Spurs never met a player who played athletic D (not necessarily sound D). Ibaka and Dwight were both players the Spurs ran through the last few years. Jordan is extremely athletic, but I don't see him being more athletic than the previous two. And the Clippers perimeter D can easily be exposed. Spurs were bricking a lot of wide open shots, and the Clippers perimeter D wasn't really that overwhelming. The Spurs dealt with Lebron, I am sure they can handle Crawford.

You mean how the Spurs were right on average in % of FG from 0-3 and 16+, ranked #16 in 3 pters, #8 in 3-10, and #26 in 10 to 16? If anything, the Spurs were the most well distributed team in terms of shot selection last year. The reason their offense ran so well was because they shot well from 0-3, 3-10 and 3 pters due to their ball movement.

A team hawkish on perimeter D would require the personnel. The Clippers simply don't have that to sustain an entire series.

I am not making any predictions either, but I am still confident the Spurs will win the series.

Koolaid_Man
04-21-2015, 11:56 AM
The bible says pride is always right before a fall.....that could apply to either team....:lol

Koolaid_Man
04-21-2015, 11:56 AM
Hey Rsx when do you want to send our money to Luva

Koolaid_Man
04-21-2015, 11:57 AM
Remember you're sending 650 and I'm sending 500