PDA

View Full Version : What the Clippers did in game 1 is sustainable throughout the series

siraulo23
04-20-2015, 12:48 AM
This series is gonna be over quick unless Pop actually coach like he gives a damn (he can start by shaving off that beard tbh), and TP actually plays like an NBA player

Diaw does not have the mismatch over Griffin so the Spurs are relying on Parker to run the offense and run it well. All game long the Spurs shot poorly, and IMO this was no fluke, they struggled to get good looks all night long and on the defensive end Pop has commit to a defensive scheme and stick to it because the Clippers got EVERYTHING they wanted

spurtech09
04-20-2015, 12:52 AM
If the refs keep doing what there doing than the series is over......Yeah the spurs played like dog poop but hey the spurs always bounce back....but if the refs keep thunder-reffin it than its over for the spurs......

Malik Hairston
04-20-2015, 12:53 AM
I agree to an extent, but I thought the Spurs did get plenty of good looks, tbh..

Green was 1-7 from 3, he's just a 35% 3-point shooter on the road, but 47% at home..if he gets the same looks, he probably goes 5-7 from 3, which probably changes the complexion of the game..

Pop does need to make adjustments, though, particularly defensively, and with the Leonard double-teams..

cjw
04-20-2015, 12:54 AM
Let's not blame the refs. A few bad calls (ball out of bounds that led to fast break) but nothing awful. They let teams play and Spurs weren't physical.

BatManu20
04-20-2015, 12:55 AM
Time to #TankForOkafor imo.

cd98
04-20-2015, 12:55 AM
Spurs lost the pace battle. But that's bc they shot so poorly allowing the Clippers to run. Spurs have to make shots.

siraulo23
04-20-2015, 12:56 AM
Oh can I just say Baynes :lmao

got ktfo by barnes and posterized by griffin not once but twice :lmao

apalisoc_9
04-20-2015, 12:56 AM
I agree to an extent, but I thought the Spurs did get plenty of good looks, tbh..

Green was 1-7 from 3, he's just a 35% 3-point shooter on the road, but 47% at home..if he gets the same looks, he probably goes 5-7 from 3, which probably changes the complexion of the game..

Pop does need to make adjustments, though, particularly defensively, and with the Leonard double-teams..

Pop is nervous aF.

did you see him sit beside Leonard in the fourth for like two minutes..he was way out of the coaching seat. :lol

It doesn't have to be just Pop, I think Assistants play a major role..we already know Boylen is shitty though.

100%duncan
04-20-2015, 12:57 AM
Making fun of the only player besides Duncan and Kawhi who played with some heart. :lol

Yeah lol baynes while Splitter is :cry injured :cry and can't play through it per the usual

Horse
04-20-2015, 12:57 AM
Yeah they got plenty of good looks. How bout the great looks they missed from the ft line. We won't shoot 36% again.

spurtech09
04-20-2015, 12:58 AM
You can add Splitter in the mix.....Spurs need splitter out there but by the looks of it Splitter ain't 100%

Robz4000
04-20-2015, 12:58 AM
This has been the story all year against the Clips. Spurs have shot sub-40% in 4 out of 5 games against them this year. Enrique can get his but it generally doesn't end well for the Spurs. Leonard also isn't capable of dominating this team like he should for whatever reason.

siraulo23
04-20-2015, 12:59 AM
It would be interesting to see what Pop does with Clippers hard hedges on the pick and roll, Doc Rivers definitely had Pop's number in game 1, if they can make the Clippers pay by scoring at the basket (our bigs have to finish those shots in the paint, it's like Ibaka all over again, they scared of Jordan's shotblocking ability) they have a shot at turning the series around

Silver&Black
04-20-2015, 12:59 AM
Let's not blame the refs. A few bad calls (ball out of bounds that led to fast break) but nothing awful. They let teams play and Spurs weren't physical.

I agree with you....the refs are not really to blame.

BUT....the 2nd early foul on Kawhi (the CPflop) was pivotal.

Horse
04-20-2015, 01:00 AM
Oh can I just say Baynes :lmao

got ktfo by barnes and posterized by griffin not once but twice :lmao
He feel down cause he had both hands on the ball and Griffins 2nd dunk he moved baynes had out of the way. Traveled on both dunks.

siraulo23
04-20-2015, 01:02 AM
the word refs should be banned when discussing game 1 of SAS-LAC tbh, the game overall was refereed very fairly IMO, i cant even remember one bad call off the top of my head

RD2191
04-20-2015, 01:04 AM
I agree.

siraulo23
04-20-2015, 01:05 AM
and btw is this season the closest CP3 has looked like prime NOH Chris Paul? This series is gonna be so tough, fingers cross the spurs respond tbh

FuzzyLumpkins
04-20-2015, 01:06 AM
This series is gonna be over quick unless Pop actually coach like he gives a damn (he can start by shaving off that beard tbh), and TP actually plays like an NBA player

Diaw does not have the mismatch over Griffin so the Spurs are relying on Parker to run the offense and run it well. All game long the Spurs shot poorly, and IMO this was no fluke, they struggled to get good looks all night long and on the defensive end Pop has commit to a defensive scheme and stick to it because the Clippers got EVERYTHING they wanted

Posts like this usually come with an explanation of what they did and how they can do it again. This post is shit frankly. You are going to cry and panic already?

siraulo23
04-20-2015, 01:07 AM
another random comment: The most disappointing thing if the spurs lose this series would be hearing Reggie Miller calling that elimination game :cry :lmao

siraulo23
04-20-2015, 01:09 AM
Posts like this usually come with an explanation of what they did and how they can do it again. This post is shit frankly. You are going to cry and panic already?

Id take it over the other shit threads on ST tbh :lol

cjw
04-20-2015, 01:14 AM
I agree with you....the refs are not really to blame.

BUT....the 2nd early foul on Kawhi (the CPflop) was pivotal.

Yes, that changed the game. Blake or Paul get called for that offensive foul and they'd scream at the refs for 10 seconds and no T gets issued.

KaiRMD1
04-20-2015, 01:21 AM
another random comment: The most disappointing thing if the spurs lose this series would be hearing Reggie Miller calling that elimination game :cry :lmao

Jon Barry would be worse

siraulo23
04-20-2015, 01:32 AM
Jon Barry would be worse

Imo the miller-harlan combo is the worst in the 1st round of the POs. I used to like Harlan but nowadays he sounds forced. In the regular season he's even worse. And Reggie Miller is just simply horrible

Kyl3
04-20-2015, 01:49 AM
Some of Miller's comments :bang

1) "Those are Green's first points.....since his first points earlier" umm huh?

2) "That is a lightweight taking down a super heavyweight!"
*refs look at replay to see if foul should be issued*
"Oh come on, nothing happened there!"

KaiRMD1
04-20-2015, 01:56 AM
Some of Miller's comments :bang

1) "Those are Green's first points.....since his first points earlier" umm huh?

2) "That is a lightweight taking down a super heavyweight!"
*refs look at replay to see if foul should be issued*
"Oh come on, nothing happened there!"

When Blake Griffin is having knee taped

Reggie: "The training staff is taping up Griffin's elbow"
after looking at the footage showing his knee is geting taped
Reggie: "My apologies, what I meant was his elbow is being taped instead of his elbow. I mean his elbow-"
Marv: "It's his knee"
Reggie: "I mean his knee is being taped"

Kyl3
04-20-2015, 02:00 AM
When Blake Griffin is having knee taped

Reggie: "The training staff is taping up Griffin's elbow"
after looking at the footage showing his knee is geting taped
Reggie: "My apologies, what I meant was his elbow is being taped instead of his elbow. I mean his elbow-"
Marv: "It's his knee"
Reggie: "I mean his knee is being taped"

"Parker is down again and holding his hamstring"
Dude needs to take a basic anatomy course. Clearly Parker was holding his quad after running into Paul's knee.

z0sa
04-20-2015, 02:02 AM

Thank Jesus for FSSW. At least in the locals' case.

KaiRMD1
04-20-2015, 02:16 AM

Lucky bastards. Thank god for SAP

siraulo23
04-20-2015, 02:18 AM

I envy you tbh, I hope ILP adds home/away commentary in the POs soon even if its only the first round