PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone catch Pop mid fourth seating beside Leonard?..He looks worried tbh.

apalisoc_9
04-20-2015, 01:00 AM
He sat beside Leonard mid fourth when kawhi was on the bench getting a breather...I have never seen a coach seat in the players seat in the NBA. My first Impression, he was nervous and worried...He stayed there for like a minute until Leonard got in..He looked like he was joking around with him..

But damn, that's the first time I've Pop or any head coach for that matter seat in the players seat..

you know what they say when people do uncharacteristic things..It means they're worried AF.

Malik Hairston
04-20-2015, 01:01 AM
Good observation, tbh:(..

dabom
04-20-2015, 01:02 AM
I didn't catch it. Interesting.

BatManu20
04-20-2015, 01:02 AM
:cry Not a max player :cry

DMC
04-20-2015, 01:03 AM
He sat beside Leonard mid fourth when kawhi was on the bench getting a breather...I have never seen a coach seat in the players seat in the NBA. My first Impression, he was nervous and worried...He stayed there for like a minute until Leonard got in..He looked like he was joking around with him..

But damn, that's the first time I've Pop or any head coach for that matter seat in the players seat..

you know what they say when people do uncharacteristic things..It means they're worried AF.
Pop is always worried. You think this is a revelation?

ChumpDumper
04-20-2015, 01:03 AM
But damn, that's the first time I've Pop or any head coach for that matter seat in the players seat..It's not terribly uncommon.

you know what they say when people do uncharacteristic things..It means they're worried AF.Nah.

Floyd Pacquiao
04-20-2015, 01:04 AM
He did the same thing in the 05 finals tbh. Spurs we're getting ass fucked and for like the whole 4th quarter he sat next to Tim just talking to him.

z0sa
04-20-2015, 01:04 AM
Pop did that with Tim in Game 4 vs the Pistons in 05 tbh. Put his hand on Tims knee and everything. Guess I shouldnt expect you to remember that.

Ditty
04-20-2015, 01:05 AM
Well hopefully Kawhi looks like the great player he has been all this month next game. He looked average on both ends of the floor tonight himself.

apalisoc_9
04-20-2015, 01:05 AM
yeah..obviously we will never know what he said to Leonard. But all my time watching the NBA, I've never seen a coach take the players seat or talk to a player for an extended period of time...Leonard was super aggressive when he got in, maybe Pop wanted him to be more aggressive, but it was too late..

I honestly think Pop is worried AF..LA in 5..imo.

Arcadian
04-20-2015, 01:07 AM
You can't just read Pop that easily. And he's always worried in a sense. If he was giving Leonard a lot of attention, then he apparently thought Leonard needed extra attention. That's really all we can conclude.

DMC
04-20-2015, 01:08 AM
yeah..obviously we will never know what he said to Leonard. But all my time watching the NBA, I've never seen a coach take the players seat or talk to a player for an extended period of time...Leonard was super aggressive when he got in, maybe Pop wanted him to be more aggressive, but it was too late..

I honestly think Pop is worried AF..LA in 5..imo.
I happen to know what he said. He said "you ever injure a girl's cervix with those fucking alien gimpy ass fingers?" and KL said "nah... I don't think so.. nah" and Pop said "I'm just fucking with you Leotard... keep your chin up MVP, you're the straw that stirs the drink... come by my office after this series is over to talk about your contract... yeah.."

apalisoc_9
04-20-2015, 01:08 AM
He did the same thing in the 05 finals tbh. Spurs we're getting ass fucked and for like the whole 4th quarter he sat next to Tim just talking to him.

Oh I remember that..I was 14 back then so my memories are a bit off but I didn't remember it to be that long.

If that's the case, I guess we can assume Pop is giving Leonard the "talk" the same way he did in the finals last year..

If that's the case, I expect really aggressive Leonard in game 2.

ErnestLynch
04-20-2015, 01:09 AM
I can read lips. This is what he said:

You know these guys suck don't you ?

ChumpDumper
04-20-2015, 01:09 AM

I honestly think Pop is worried AF..LA in 5..imo.Honestly, you didn't know that Pop did that during a finals series.

Malik Hairston
04-20-2015, 01:11 AM
Damn, OP is known for his accurate predictions, tbh..if he says Clippers in 5, then I have virtually no hope for this series, unfortunately..

FkLA
Well hopefully Kawhi looks like the great player he has been all this month next game. He looked average on both ends of the floor tonight himself.

It's truly mind boggling that people attribute this to a lack of aggression or a simple dropoff. Do yall not pay attention to games? The heavy dose of Kawhi post-ups we saw during that great month have progressively gotten smaller.

apalisoc_9
Oh I've seen Pop did it a few times, but only Pop..

maybe my memory is just a bit off, but I thought It was longer than it should have..and the spurs were only down 11 with some time to go.

ChumpDumper
04-20-2015, 01:14 AM

maybe my memory is just a bit off, but I thought It was longer than it should have..and the spurs were only down 11 with some time to go.Well you certainly did remember after you were told it happened.

Ditty
04-20-2015, 01:15 AM
It's truly mind boggling that people attribute this to a lack of aggression or a simple dropoff. Do yall not pay attention to games? The heavy dose of Kawhi post-ups we saw during that great month have progressively gotten smaller.

Kawhi shitted in his pants on offense when he would get double teamed in the post. Didn't take advantage of finding the open man. Hopefully Pop has a strategy for the Spurs to exploit that.

apalisoc_9
04-20-2015, 01:20 AM
Kawhi shitted in his pants on offense when he would get double teamed in the post. Didn't take advantage of finding the open man. Hopefully Pop has a strategy for the Spurs to exploit that.

They have to stop posting him up with Jordan is on the floor. the problem, it's hard to pass the ball in the interior because Jordan is long..Pass it out, LA had their perimeter guys on their man. Leonard has to either move back, or make super quick drives or shots before the double arrives...

That or he has to stop posting up and look to drive or one dribble shot.

UZER
04-20-2015, 01:24 AM

I'll give him somewhat of a pass since he's never seen consistent double teams like ever. He sure as hell couldn't pass it back to Tony though. Gotta let an outside threat feed him the ball in the post.

z0sa
04-20-2015, 01:25 AM
But damn, that's the first time I've Pop or any head coach for that matter seat in the players seat...

:wakeup

Well you certainly did remember after you were told it happened.

:lol:lol

RD2191
04-20-2015, 01:27 AM
He realized his team has cancer. parkerlanoma.

FkLA
04-20-2015, 01:28 AM
Drawing double teams is never a bad thing. Pop just needs to have him prepared for them and has to have the right players around him. Patty's shooting in place of Enrique's nothing would be a good start tbh.

apalisoc_9
04-20-2015, 01:28 AM
:wakeup

:lol:lol

I do remember him talking to TD, perhaps not as long and not as far away from the assistants..

I could be wrong though..I remember he was still closer the the assistants.

It was odd today bexause POp was on the far end of the bench alongside the likes of joseph and bonner.

z0sa
04-20-2015, 01:29 AM
I do remember him talking to TD

Sure you do.

apalisoc_9
04-20-2015, 01:31 AM
Sure you do.

where was he seated? I don't remember that part?

Was it closer to the end of the bench or the assistants?

z0sa
04-20-2015, 01:34 AM

Was it closer to the end of the bench or the assistants?

He was seated next to Tim Duncan in a player's seat. It was widely publicized in the time leading up to Game 5. BTW, I was 15 when it went down, and I remember it just fine. I'm not sure if you know this, but you developed your higher cognitive functions extremely late.

RD2191
04-20-2015, 01:35 AM
He was seated next to Tim Duncan in a player's seat. It was widely publicized in the time leading up to Game 5. BTW, I was 15 when it went down, and I remember it just fine. I'm not sure if you know this, but you developed your higher cognitive functions extremely late.
So now you have to remember everything Spurs related to be true fan?:lol

Sean Cagney
04-20-2015, 01:37 AM
I have seen it before a few times, you are correct. I remember the 01 playoffs he did it as well, but hell who blames him for that ass whooping? I am sure he was worried then .

ChumpDumper
04-20-2015, 01:37 AM
But damn, that's the first time I've Pop or any head coach for that matter seat in the players seat.

yeah..obviously we will never know what he said to Leonard. But all my time watching the NBA, I've never seen a coach take the players seat or talk to a player for an extended period of time.

Oh I remember that..I was 14 back then so my memories are a bit off but I didn't remember it to be that long.

maybe my memory is just a bit off, but I thought It was longer than it should have..and the spurs were only down 11 with some time to go.

I do remember him talking to TD, perhaps not as long and not as far away from the assistants..

I could be wrong though..I remember he was still closer the the assistants.

It was odd today bexause POp was on the far end of the bench alongside the likes of joseph and bonner.

Was it closer to the end of the bench or the assistants?lol

apalisoc_9
04-20-2015, 01:39 AM

Every detail.

:lol

Kool Bob Love
04-20-2015, 01:41 AM

Championship runs. Yes.

z0sa
04-20-2015, 01:41 AM
:lmao

apalisoc_9
04-20-2015, 01:43 AM
cut me some slack guys, my hamstring is sore and my thumb is sore..But nobody cares.

Malik Hairston
04-20-2015, 01:44 AM
cut me some slack guys, my hamstring is sore and my thumb is sore..But nobody cares.

:lmao..

Calispursfan11
04-20-2015, 02:20 AM
Pathetic meltdown after one game per par. You make me sick.