PDA

View Full Version : Basketball Fundamental Adjustments for Game 2

hyhy
04-20-2015, 03:15 AM
On offense:

1) Bigs after receiving the ball under the basket, do a Pump-fake and then dunk/ jump into the defender using your body to defend the ball and draw a foul. Spurs bigs like to pump fake and go underhand, which gives defenders alot of space to block their shots as there is no contact on the defender.

2) Stop posting up Kawhi, he is not a good enough playmaker when he gets doubled team, and he is also our best cutter.

3) Post up Diaw instead and get kawhi to cut middle for mid range shot. Diaw at the 3 point line pump fake and driving in is not working, he gets too out of control when this happens.

4) Kawhi transition on offense after a steal, defenders know they cant stop him, so they always try to draw a charge. Kawhi, Look at him, if you see he is going to draw a charge, dun pick up your dribble. Just dribble past him and bang him in the post, especially when he is smaller.

5) Danny Green: STOP DRIBBLING. just do your thing, run off-ball screens. DO NOT DRIBBLE THE BASKETBALL.

6) Do not post up duncan.

7) Too many isolations today. We need more ball movement and off-ball screens.

8) I think we had too much of a "My time, your time" thing. There is no parker's turn, or leonard's turn, or duncan's turn. Run the offense. Make everyone involved. We play much better when everyone is within the system.

9) Measure the practice court rim and make sure its 10feet tbh. It may be different from the real game rim and thats why we are missing so many open shots.

On Defense:

1) Cojo to teach Kawhi, Parker, and Green how to run over screens. One way is to use the leg further away from the defender to get round the defender, meaning to run past, not slide past the screen.

2) If you are going to hedge the ball-handler on the pick and roll, you better help on the roll faster. We kept doubling CP3, but the help on blake is too slow. Double CP3, help on blake, and another help on the help's man. Either you do that, or you ICE the PnR

3) Do not hack-a-jordan. I think Pop's Hack-a-Jordan timing today was off, CP3 wasnt even in the game. Their bench sucks, and we need to play a fast paced games with as little rest time as possible. if we hack-a-jordan, the starters get more rest time and can play more minutes.

4) That said, whenever jordan gets the ball under the basket, foul hard. Make sure he cannot get to release the ball at all. Hug him, grab his hand.

5) Do not body up griffin. give him space to shoot. But when he shoots, contest, or at least raise your hand to disturb him, wave at his eyes. He is not a very smooth shooter, small distractions can affect him. Even when you are letting him take the shot, do not just look at him, raise your hands at least.

6) Do not leave 3 point shooters open. How difficult is that? also, when closing out, do not jump over them. Sprint to them in big steps, but when close to them, use short steps and stamp hard on the floor with your hands waving. Scare them.

7) A zone might actually help here, with how good CP3 is at PnRs..

8) Transition Def: Pick up the 3 point man. I dun understand how we have 3 defenders in the paint guarding Griffin, leaving Reddick open at the 3 point line...

9) Leonard needs to help on defensive rebounding.

SnakeBoy
04-20-2015, 03:22 AM
All of you people writing lengthy "adjustment" threads could save some time and just say "play better".

cjw
04-20-2015, 05:54 AM
Hit your free throws (54% moving to season avg is another 5 points)

Hope Clippers don't shoot lights out from three again (Clippers typically hit 3 less of their threes = 9 points). Need to contest shots instead of letting CP3 shoot wide open ... not much you can do about Crawdord's though. Spurs were forcing threes at the end and still not hitting open ones.

Keep eps getting offensive boards, though many of those were because they couldn't hit layups. Go up into defender and get fouls. Foul trouble works great against a 6-7 deep team.

Hope CP/Blake lose something in their legs as series goes on. Even with two days off, minutes will hopefully take a toll.

Zone for stretches may be okay, but not long enough for them to adjust. I actually liked Kawhi bodying up a bit with Blake and help D coming. Unfortunately, he's not big enough to take it for a whole game and he's needed on CP or JJ(is it me or do both Duke guys look the same)? Barnes does nothing but spot up, so it's okay to put your worst defender on him SO LONG AS TP/MARCO DO NOT LOSE HIM.

ManuTastic
04-20-2015, 06:00 AM
I kept screaming "Why is Tony on CP???" Come on Pop. Put Leonard on CP, hide Tony on Redick. Tony can't stick CP anyway, and then he has no gas left for offense.
And on other end, no one on LA can cover Leonard anyway, run the offense through him. He should be a monster this series.
It ain't complicated. Just go to your strengths.

Expert
04-20-2015, 10:27 AM
I saw Chris Paul torch Leonard several times. Don't act like he could shut Paul down. Leonard doesn't guard small point guards very well.

Expert
04-20-2015, 10:29 AM
Here's an adjustment, stop fouling intentionally and just beat the goddamn team. Trust that your guys can do that without some gimmick. If you can't do that why are you even there?

hater
04-20-2015, 10:31 AM
CP3 torched everyone. Lol player fans