PDA

View Full Version : after 2 Blake monster dunks and Barnes beatdown, will Baynes fold?

in2deep
04-20-2015, 09:26 AM
First and foremost, how is Splitter? will he play next game? chances are even if he does he will get limited minutes.

that leaves Baynes as our main backup big. will this young man fold under the pressure after the embarrassments of game 1? (Griffin went balls deep twice and Barnes treated him like an australian noodle) We all know it took Splitter months to recover from Lebron block.

we'll see how strong mentally baynes is. We know he has the tools physically. Here's to hoping he has a monster comeback game :tu

MultiTroll
04-20-2015, 09:44 AM
:lol Barnes beatdown. Baynes tripped over the camera man.

2/10

in2deep
04-20-2015, 09:50 AM

2/10

disagree. Barnes knew what he was doing. School yard move and it worked on 7 foot 300 pound guy :lol

Dingle Barry
04-20-2015, 09:58 AM
Bayned should have flicked off that meth addict Barnes like a flea.

jeebus
04-20-2015, 10:01 AM

2/10

spursparker9
04-20-2015, 10:07 AM
Yeah he going back to play in oversea next season

spursncowboys
04-20-2015, 10:10 AM
Baynes did a great job in the regular season of getting under Jordan's skin. Hopefully he can do that again

gameFACE
04-20-2015, 10:59 AM
SPURS!

http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2015/04/15/1227304/606876-6f0f686e-e30e-11e4-a16e-c49b94c206d0.jpg

cd98
04-20-2015, 11:34 AM
Baynes surely is not used to an athlete like Blake Griffin. He got embarrassed a few times, but I still saw him trying. What he needs to learn to do is grab Griffin before he gets a chance to dunk and fire up the crowd. Easier said then done. I'm not saying he should flagrantly foul him. I'm just saying he needs to have a no dunk rule.

tmtcsc
04-20-2015, 11:39 AM
Splitter's dead to me. Him and his faggot calf. Can't count on him for shit. Props to Banger for playing his ass off.

tmtcsc
04-20-2015, 11:40 AM
Baynes surely is not used to an athlete like Blake Griffin. He got embarrassed a few times, but I still saw him trying. What he needs to learn to do is grab Griffin before he gets a chance to dunk and fire up the crowd. Easier said then done. I'm not saying he should flagrantly foul him. I'm just saying he needs to have a no dunk rule.

Yeah, go ahead and flagrantly foul him. Blake's a puss and will cower.

hater
04-20-2015, 11:42 AM
Send in Ayres imo.

Wish we still had Kevin willis

davidbowie
04-20-2015, 12:57 PM
baynes needs to go bowen and knee him in the balls just so he thinks about it next time

the dunks are worth way more than two points cause their dumb ass fans feed off that shit and go wild and we tend to play even shittier

with that said i am glad he tries and doesnt puss out like most of the league.

TXstbobcat
04-20-2015, 01:06 PM
Baynes needs to channel his inner Bill Laimbeer.

Cloud786
04-21-2015, 12:05 PM
http://i.imgur.com/4wKoB6o.png

TDomination
04-21-2015, 12:09 PM
Baynes will be back.

Spur-Addict
04-21-2015, 12:26 PM
Blake did go all Shang Tsung on Baynes.

Russ
04-21-2015, 12:29 PM
You don't get from the wilds of New Zealand to an NBA championship roster if you're prone to folding.

CGD
04-21-2015, 12:35 PM
Baynes or Ayers needs to lay some lumber down on Blake a few times, and make Blake think twice about being frisky. That or Manu needs to undercut him when he jumps once or twice. Those guys Need to take a page from every other team in the league when playing these guys. Leave the niceties, like Tim helping Blake off the ground, for the regular season.

FkLA
04-21-2015, 12:40 PM
Who gives a shit. Dunks are worth 2 points just like any other shot inside the 3 PT line. Only morons treat them as something more.

Budkin
04-21-2015, 12:45 PM

2/10

hater
04-21-2015, 01:00 PM
Obviously the Clippers pump themselves up with plays like the Blake facials or the Barnes takedown.

if you look at past games, after plays like this (Big Baby hype ups, Desimian Jordan hype ups) Clips seem to play better.

Spurs just have to match the aggresiveness and energy. Otherwise they are toast.

Instead, Spurs react like they are on heavy doses of Prozac

spurs10
04-21-2015, 01:11 PM

Yeah, go ahead and flagrantly foul him. Blake's a puss and will cower. Yeah I think letting Griffin posture for the camera is a losing proposition. Someone needs to knock him on his ass every time he tries it. Foul him hard!!

spurs10
04-21-2015, 01:13 PM
Baynes or Ayers needs to lay some lumber down on Blake a few times, and make Blake think twice about being frisky. That or Manu needs to undercut him when he jumps once or twice. Those guys Need to take a page from every other team in the league when playing these guys. Leave the niceties, like Tim helping Blake off the ground, for the regular season. Amen! :cuss

UZER
04-21-2015, 01:21 PM
Have asked for hard playoff fouls for years. Not gonna happen unless an individual takes it upon himself like Horry. Pop doesn't condone it. He's only mean to the media.

skut_farkus
04-21-2015, 01:21 PM
Baynes is one of the softest players in the nba tbh. Blake will continue to exploit him in game 2

Spur-Addict
04-21-2015, 01:25 PM
Who gives a shit. Dunks are worth 2 points just like any other shot inside the 3 PT line. Only morons treat them as something more.

While true, they can galvanize a team. And as we all know, a team like the Clippers feed off of that nonsense.

hater
04-21-2015, 01:29 PM
Baynes is one of the softest players in the nba tbh. Blake will continue to exploit him in game 2

baynes wipes the floor with Coward thou:lol

SanDiegoSpursFan
04-21-2015, 01:29 PM
"Baynes is lucky to be alive right now" - Clippers radio guy

Beaverfuzz
04-21-2015, 01:51 PM
Baynes will be back, anyway the real scapegoat of all of this was CoJo...he left Baynes on an island.

The Reckoning
04-21-2015, 01:54 PM
Baynes is an aussie/kiwi hybrid. He's not aware of American social norms. His job is to pounce on cunts like a drop bear and that's all he knows.

hater
04-21-2015, 01:55 PM
Yet he got his ass handed to him by a guy weighing 100 pounds less

tmtcsc
04-21-2015, 02:12 PM
Baynes was late on rotating. He'll be better next time.

spurs10
04-21-2015, 02:43 PM
Baynes was late on rotating. He'll be better next time.This..

r0drig0lac
04-21-2015, 02:43 PM

word

timmy2003
04-21-2015, 02:54 PM
http://i.imgur.com/4wKoB6o.png

in2deep
04-21-2015, 03:41 PM
:lmao

Russ
04-21-2015, 04:32 PM
If the Spurs are confident Splitter can go the distance, Baynes would be one helluva motivated hatchet man. :flag:

downunder
04-21-2015, 05:14 PM
The USA sports journalists are a disgrace. On 2 of the dunks over him Baynes was attempting to cover Blake after he beat another Spurs defender . Yet those writers make a rookie on a 2 million dollar contract a scapegoat when a player on a 17 million dollar contract with speed and height before Baynes moves across, scores. You know why Duncan was used sparingly by Pop because he knew what was coming. Baynes bravely stepped up when most well paid experienced so called star centres would not have bothered and let Blake fly by to the ring. Typical Us press get on the hype bandwagon but show they do not know the game.

EVAY
04-21-2015, 06:05 PM
If the Spurs are confident Splitter can go the distance, Baynes would be one helluva motivated hatchet man. :flag:

This really is a key point. If Splitter can't play his regular minutes, Baynes can't afford to get himself in foul trouble. He knows that and has the maturity (not to mention the fear of Pop) not to risk guaranteed fouls, regardless of how much his team's young chest-pounding fans would like him to "send a message".

If Splitter can play normal minutes effectively, Baynes can let loose a bit more. But that is a big IF.

TheGreatYacht
04-21-2015, 07:26 PM
The Barnes push would've never happened if CancerJo would've took the open corner 3... At the end the cancer finally spread to Baynes

Capt Bringdown
04-21-2015, 07:51 PM
Oh wow, Blake dunked on, what, a hall-of-famer, top-5 player, living legend?

icango
04-21-2015, 09:09 PM
dont think baynes cares too much about it. With the hack-a-jordon puts cheap foul on baynes so he cant be too aggressive later in the games.

bulakenyo
04-21-2015, 10:40 PM
The USA sports journalists are a disgrace. On 2 of the dunks over him Baynes was attempting to cover Blake after he beat another Spurs defender . Yet those writers make a rookie on a 2 million dollar contract a scapegoat when a player on a 17 million dollar contract with speed and height before Baynes moves across, scores. You know why Duncan was used sparingly by Pop because he knew what was coming. Baynes bravely stepped up when most well paid experienced so called star centres would not have bothered and let Blake fly by to the ring. Typical Us press get on the hype bandwagon but show they do not know the game.

I agree.

Baynes is one of my favorite bench Spurs. I personally think he would be a great fit with the Spurs after some more improvements in finishing baskets inside.

He's a strong, hard bodied young guy. Gives great screens and goes after rebounds hard.

I'm betting he'll have a good series after the game 1 adjustments from the coaching staff.

hater
04-22-2015, 07:39 AM
Why are Aussies crying here? Barnes and Blake went balls deep on Baynes. Take the L and move on

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
04-22-2015, 07:42 AM
I expect Baynes to be much more physical tonight. After watching film, he will the sets the Clips run and will be in a better position defensively to make plays. Baynes isn't like Udrich and such, mentally weak guys that cave under pressure, like Splitter was when he first came here. He is one of those guys that will take the beating and come back stronger and more determined..

EVAY
04-22-2015, 08:43 AM
dont think baynes cares too much about it. With the hack-a-jordon puts cheap foul on baynes so he cant be too aggressive later in the games.

That's why I was really disappointed to see Baynes put in a position to force those hack-a-fouls. Especially with Splitter ineffective, Pop shouldn't assign Baynes the task of hacking DJ and picking up quick fouls that way, forcing him to be more cautious in other situations. Sunday ended up with both Splitter AND Baynes being fairly ineffective, and at least part of that was due to Baynes picking up useless fouls from the hack-a-plan.

If Splitter is ineffective again or can only play limited minutes, somebody besides Baynes has to take on the fouling DJ job. It can't be Baynes.

Russ
04-22-2015, 10:55 AM
somebody besides Baynes has to take on the fouling DJ job. It can't be Baynes.

It doesn't even have to be a big.

It could be Mills or CoJo or that ten-day guy.

xellos88330
04-22-2015, 06:33 PM
I think it is funny that people are making such a big deal about Barnes supposedly taking down Baynes. The ref blew the whistle and Baynes relaxed. Barnes then tries and fails to take the ball from Baynes even while Baynes wasn't expecting it. It took a surprise move and a camera guy to take Baynes down... but did Barnes really "win"? I would say no, because Baynes still had the ball after the surprise grab by Barnes after the whistle, the camera guy, and falling. If you ask me, Baynes won because the ball is the most important thing object on the court.

xellos88330
04-22-2015, 06:34 PM
Having said this, I do not think Baynes will fold. If you are a pro, you are bound to get dunked on eventually. No big deal.

downunder
04-22-2015, 06:46 PM
The comments on Baynes rotating too slow are wrong. The problem is that the persons guarding at the top of the keyhole are soft and useless and were beaten by the person they were guarding. That's a Spurs defence weakness. Baynes at the back has his own primary responsibility on the guy he is guarding under the ring. He helps out if he can but unless the guys on Blake etcetera dont counter the screen at the corner better history will repeat itself. Defence wins games not showboating dunks.