PDA

View Full Version : Thunder: seriously considering Kevin Ollie

benefactor
04-20-2015, 02:35 PM

Killakobe81
04-20-2015, 02:37 PM
LOL, Brooks.

LOL OKC feeling mighty desperate.

Thing is Durant love's Ollie ... but does Russ?

BTW I think Ollie is the best young black coach with NBA ties ... I wanted the Lakers to go after him but of course we chose Byronnnnnnn!!!!!

Mr Bones
04-20-2015, 02:51 PM
I think it would be a good move. As a former highly efficient (though not naturally talented) PG, he'd be a good mentor for Russ.

Clipper Nation
04-20-2015, 03:19 PM
Ollie hasn't won shit without Calhoun's players.

Killakobe81
04-20-2015, 03:25 PM
Ollie hasn't won shit without Calhoun's players.

Same could be said about Gruden ... (Dungy's)
Belicheat (first Pat's title was Parcell's)
Seifert (Walsh)
Steve Fisher (frieder)

And so on and so forth. Still winning a title with someone else's squad is impressive.

benefactor
04-20-2015, 03:28 PM
Eh...I think OKC has missed the molding window with Russ. He's 7th season of doing whatever the hell he wants with no accountability. Would probably take a Carlisle/Pop/Zen Master level intervention...and I don't even know if that would work at this point. Dem stripes aren't changing.

ElNono
04-20-2015, 03:49 PM
:lol has Scotty been fired yet?

Clipper Nation
04-20-2015, 03:53 PM
Seifert (Walsh)
Steve Fisher (frieder)

And so on and so forth. Still winning a title with someone else's squad is impressive.
The critics were right about Gruden and Seifert - once they got their own teams (post-2002 Bucs and 1999-2001 Panthers respectively) they got exposed. There's a reason why Gruden is still hiding in his cushy ESPN job, too scared to ever coach again.

Parcells gets too much credit for the Pats' first title when Carroll and the much-maligned Bobby Grier had just as much to do with it. Grier was the one who pushed to draft Brady on his way out the door and brought in guys like Damien Woody and Kevin Faulk.

RsxPiimp
04-20-2015, 03:57 PM
Eh what's the point of keeping Scott, we've seen his coaching peak 2-3 yrs ago. He's not going to magically turn into an NBA championship caliber coach. Get a fresh face and a new voice to break the monotony in the locker room.

DMC
04-20-2015, 04:02 PM
Seifert (Walsh)
Steve Fisher (frieder)

Barry Switzer...

DMC
04-20-2015, 04:04 PM
Eh what's the point of keeping Scott, we've seen his coaching peak 2-3 yrs ago. He's not going to magically turn into an NBA championship caliber coach. Get a fresh face and a new voice to break the monotony in the locker room.
No we didn't. We saw his team peak and other teams suck ass 2 or 3 years ago. His coaching has been shit all along and many here including me have called him out on it.

Killakobe81
04-20-2015, 05:18 PM
Barry Switzer...

Well I thought about him and left him off because really how impressive was that when your owner says anyone can coach the team to a title and then two years later he finds a hack that does?

djohn2oo8
04-20-2015, 05:39 PM
Well I thought about him and left him off because really how impressive was that when your owner says anyone can coach the team to a title and then two years later he finds a hack that does?

Jimmy Johnson's players.

DMC
04-20-2015, 08:28 PM

When you've built the team, sure. Jimmy Johnson had a lot to do with developing that team. Jones hiring his roommate to coach. That's some queer shit.