PDA

View Full Version : Reasons the spurs lost last night...

Floyd Pacquiao
04-20-2015, 05:29 PM
14 million a year: 4-11
Green: 2-11
Duncan: 4-10
Manu: 3-10
Baynes: 2-7
Diaw: 2-12

Floyd Pacquiao
04-20-2015, 05:30 PM
12-36 on wide open shots.

RD2191
04-20-2015, 05:31 PM
I blame the 14 million.

Floyd Pacquiao
04-20-2015, 05:32 PM
Our starting point guard only had 1 ast last night.

Mikeanaro
04-20-2015, 05:33 PM
http://gothicginobili.com/?p=7573
One final thought. When Parker signed his extension at $14 million dollars a year, the prevailing idea was that San Antonio had snagged a huge bargain. If Parker doesn't shape up, that simply isn't true. Given the glut of incredible point guards in the league, $14 million a year doesn't sound particularly enticing for a barely-above-board point guard. Which, frankly, is how he's playing. In all likelihood, Parker will improve. If not, though, his contract will stand as yet another of the NBA's "great at the time, awful in retrospect" contracts that make many of our snap judgments on contract efficacy so retrospectively silly.

Pocho La Pantera
04-20-2015, 05:38 PM
Diaw: 2-12 Manu should be 3-7, he took like three shots with 0 secs left in the shot clock. No bad passes. He is not one of the reasons Spurs post.

cd98
04-20-2015, 05:39 PM
Bad karma from all the haters on this website.

apalisoc_9
04-20-2015, 05:39 PM
Diaw: 2-12

apalisoc_9
04-20-2015, 05:40 PM

littlecoyotecoin
04-20-2015, 05:41 PM
http://gothicginobili.com/?p=7573
One final thought. When Parker signed his extension at $14 million dollars a year, the prevailing idea was that San Antonio had snagged a huge bargain. If Parker doesn't shape up, that simply isn't true. Given the glut of incredible point guards in the league, $14 million a year doesn't sound particularly enticing for a barely-above-board point guard. Which, frankly, is how he's playing. In all likelihood, Parker will improve. If not, though, his contract will stand as yet another of the NBA's "great at the time, awful in retrospect" contracts that make many of our snap judgments on contract efficacy so retrospectively silly.

Hindsight.

Much like all the crying over Tiago's 9 million, which was pretty average for a big man of his caliber. Now, we need him desperately, and that 9 million, maybe 8, now, is a bargain.

hater
04-20-2015, 05:45 PM
Jeremy Lin 2.0 imo

DarrinS
04-20-2015, 05:50 PM
Jeremy Lin 2.0 imo

I thought you liked Parker.

Clipper Nation
04-20-2015, 05:51 PM

hater
04-20-2015, 05:55 PM
I thought you liked Parker.

"ill model my game after Ginobili". j. LIN

Floyd Pacquiao
04-20-2015, 05:57 PM
All those missed layups
Crater face playing Cory Joseph more minutes than patty mills

dabom
04-20-2015, 05:58 PM
"ill model my game after Ginobili". j. LIN

Didn't that choking fucking quarterback model his game from tony? :lmao

dabom
04-20-2015, 05:58 PM
Pop playing tony.

RD2191
04-20-2015, 06:02 PM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CDAYXvQUgAAoekZ.jpg

K...
04-20-2015, 06:12 PM
out of curiosity. IF Kawhi gets the Max.....what is the minimum amount of stats (raw stats plz, I'm small) does he need to achieve to prevent y'all immature folks from not geeking out? Spurs won't be a lock to get to the playoffs even if healthy. I better see ya fucks get your sharpest knifes out.

I'll be ready. I'll Be ready to tank. I'll be a warriors fan, lulz.

sahoopster
04-20-2015, 06:12 PM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CDAYXvQUgAAoekZ.jpg

:lmao

SASdynasty!
04-20-2015, 06:28 PM
How many would he have had if we made all the open looks he got for us? I'm asking a serious question. I remember at least 4 off the top of my head (2 to Diaw, 2 to Green...all 3s).

K...
04-20-2015, 06:40 PM
Is role player Kawhi worth the max to y'all guys, cmon, i need to know.

BackHome
04-20-2015, 07:14 PM
How can you be in the NBA and not be able to dribble the ball and take it to the rim..Kawhi, Green? HOW?

TheGreatYacht
04-20-2015, 07:16 PM
Is role player Kawhi worth the max to y'all guys, cmon, i need to know.
No

mkurts
04-20-2015, 07:17 PM
The reason ? Fear of being raped by DeAndre Jordan

TimDunkem
04-20-2015, 07:19 PM
The reason ? Fear of being raped by DeAndre Jordan
Basically. They closed off the paint and the team pussied out.

TheGreatYacht
04-20-2015, 07:19 PM
How can you be in the NBA and not be able to dribble the ball and take it to the rim..Kawhi, Green? HOW?
Doc Rivers is exploiting them, hopefully Pop can fix this and Kawhi will go back to playing within the system

DarrinS
04-20-2015, 08:51 PM
Doc Rivers is exploiting them, hopefully Pop can fix this and Kawhi will go back to playing within the system

It looked to me like Doc respected Kawhi so much that he double-teamed him with his best defender. Danny just bricked mostly open shots.

tholdren
04-20-2015, 08:57 PM
1. Danny green
2. Shit defense
3. Fts
4. Diaw
5. Diaw fat ass

TheGreatYacht
04-20-2015, 09:06 PM
It looked to me like Doc respected Kawhi so much that he double-teamed him with his best defender. Danny just bricked mostly open shots.
It's also because Matt Barnes is really, really, really bad. They double Kawhi with Griffin as the help guy. It's important that Pop notices this and doesn't start the game with two bigs unable to spread the floor.

I do agree though.. When Kawhi learns how to pass out of double teams, then the shooters have to hit. If not, this will be over quickly.

Ditty
04-20-2015, 09:24 PM
Pop getting out coached...

Hopefully he saw what the Clippers were doing on tape, makes the proper rotations, defensive match ups and exploits the Clippers when they double team Kawhi .

Kawhi also deserves the max, more than Parker's contract at this point being a Parker fan.

Agloco
04-20-2015, 09:40 PM

:cry But it's still all Parkers fault :cry

loveforthegame
04-20-2015, 10:34 PM
:cry But it's still all Parkers fault :cry

Wait. I thought it was Leonards! :(

ducks
04-20-2015, 10:42 PM

Maybe had to do with tp and assust

cd021
04-20-2015, 11:18 PM
It's also because Matt Barnes is really, really, really bad. They double Kawhi with Griffin as the help guy. It's important that Pop notices this and doesn't start the game with two bigs unable to spread the floor.

I do agree though.. When Kawhi learns how to pass out of double teams, then the shooters have to hit. If not, this will be over quickly.

The problem with that its Splitter is probably the best option on Griffin He takes up space defensively, making it harder for teams to get to the basket (not that the Clippers guards do alot of that). On the other hand a Duncan-Splitter and Parker lineup really can't space the floor enough. Green basically hits 1 of every 3 three point attempt on the road (35% to 47% in S.A) and Leonard being a low volume 3pt shooter on most nights ( KL is barely above league average in 3pt % this season).

I couldn't watch most of the game, but from what i've heard, the Clippers were daring Diaw to shoot from 3 and he went 0-5. He's not even hitting 1/3 of his 3's this year. In the 15 games he's taken 4 or more 3's he's only shot 40% or better 6 times. Thats a great strategy for the Clippers. He's only hit two or more 3's in a game this season 9 times, while having 50 games where he's taken at least 2 three-point attempts.

They are going to continue to pack the paint. If Splitter were healthy enough to play 16-20 minutes, I'd start him at PF (like normal) and bring him back to sub Duncan. With the exception of the first 6 minutes of each half. Duncan and Splitter shouldn't be playing together. Diaw and Bonner should be the other bigs on the floor with either of them. Mills is probably the best bet to help alleviate the spacing, as long as he is '14 patty. I'd like to see him get 15+ minutes in game 2.

LongtimeSpursFan
04-20-2015, 11:19 PM
How many would he have had if we made all the open looks he got for us? I'm asking a serious question. I remember at least 4 off the top of my head (2 to Diaw, 2 to Green...all 3s).

This.

In the third quarter when the game will still tightly contested Parker had the ball in the lane and passed to a wide open pass to DG and he missed the three badly. A couple of possessions later Parker fed a cutting Duncan and he missed a layup (although to be fair Duncan was fouled by Griffin). After that Parker was taken out and lead ballooned to 18. When Parker was reinstated lead was cut down to 9 but after DG fumbled a pass from Parker and then Diaw air balled a wide open three with the possible assist from Parker.
Not trying to place blame on anyone but this is not the way theSpurs had played in the previous month. A couple of missed shots that should have been made makes for an entirely different game.

LongtimeSpursFan
04-20-2015, 11:19 PM

This.

In the third quarter when the game will still tightly contested Parker had the ball in the lane and passed to a wide open pass to DG and he missed the three badly. A couple of possessions later Parker fed a cutting Duncan and he missed a layup (although to be fair Duncan was fouled by Griffin). After that Parker was taken out and lead ballooned to 18. When Parker was reinstated lead was cut down to 9 but after DG fumbled a pass from Parker and then Diaw air balled a wide open three with the possible assist from Parker.
Not trying to place blame on anyone but this is not the way theSpurs had played in the previous month. A couple of missed shots that should have been made makes for an entirely different game.

Sean Cagney
04-20-2015, 11:34 PM
Damn FTs........

TheGreatYacht
04-20-2015, 11:35 PM
The problem with that its Splitter is probably the best option on Griffin He takes up space defensively, making it harder for teams to get to the basket (not that the Clippers guards do alot of that). On the other hand a Duncan-Splitter and Parker lineup really can't space the floor enough. Green basically hits 1 of every 3 three point attempt on the road (35% to 47% in S.A) and Leonard being a low volume 3pt shooter on most nights ( KL is barely above league average in 3pt % this season).

I couldn't watch most of the game, but from what i've heard, the Clippers were daring Diaw to shoot from 3 and he went 0-5. He's not even hitting 1/3 of his 3's this year. In the 15 games he's taken 4 or more 3's he's only shot 40% or better 6 times. Thats a great strategy for the Clippers. He's only hit two or more 3's in a game this season 9 times, while having 50 games where he's taken at least 2 three-point attempts.

They are going to continue to pack the paint. If Splitter were healthy enough to play 16-20 minutes, I'd start him at PF (like normal) and bring him back to sub Duncan. With the exception of the first 6 minutes of each half. Duncan and Splitter shouldn't be playing together. Diaw and Bonner should be the other bigs on the floor with either of them. Mills is probably the best bet to help alleviate the spacing, as long as he is '14 patty. I'd like to see him get 15+ minutes in game 2.
From what I saw yesterday, an injured Splitter is a liability on defense at this point. He didn't seem to phase Griffin at all on the defensive end, and on the other side he let Griffin get 3 blocks! Haven't checked but I think that's a career-high for him. It's going to be hard for Green to get open with Reddick on him (a guy who specializes in running through multiple picks to get open) Also, Diaw can handle the ball in the starting lineup. Doc did a great job yesterday in eliminating Parker and Leonard so that forced Green to create on his own by going to the basket which was some of the ugliest driving I've ever seen.

Yeah. Diaw didn't hit anything last night from deep, but also couldn't get anything going in the post. His big behind will work almost against any backup PF.. But Davis is just as big if not bigger. If Splitter would to move to the second unit he could use his size over Big Baby and won't have to worry about getting blocked like he usually does.

I agree they have to keep Duncan and Splitter away from each other throughout the series. Jordan is an exceptional rebounder but the team as a whole is average - below average. Mills has to be out there whether he hits or not IMO. He already proved to them that he can't be left open. Joseph's guy on the other hand was completely ignoring him on offense and once Joseph got the ball they knew what was coming.. They took a charge outside of the circle while he drove to the basket. I'd even go with a Parker + Mills lineup, I saw on a thread earlier that they work really well at the same time. Pop should use that lineup when he sees Doc pull his really predictable Paul + Rivers backcourt.

ezau
04-20-2015, 11:35 PM
I expect Bonner to start Game 2.