PDA

View Full Version : The loss of a family member or friend

djohn2oo8
04-20-2015, 08:57 PM
Has anyone dealt with suicide of someone close to you? If so how did you get over it? This shit is a haunting feeling.

Silver&Black
04-20-2015, 09:09 PM
I had a friend commit suicide when I was in high school. He got a few "F"s on his report card...and his father told him he was sending him to military school. He killed himself over this. But, time heals all things. It sucks when it happens...but you'll get over it.

Damn djohn....how close was this person to you? Hate to hear about your loss....

djohn2oo8
04-20-2015, 09:12 PM
I had a friend commit suicide when I was in high school. He got a few "F"s on his report card...and his father told him he was sending him to military school. He killed himself over this. But, time heals all things. It sucks when it happens...but you'll get over it.

Damn djohn....how close was this person to you? Hate to hear about your loss....

Thank man. It was my uncle.

m>s
04-20-2015, 09:19 PM
Sorry dude

RD2191
04-20-2015, 09:20 PM
Did he write a letter or anything? A couple of people I knew in high school wrote a letter before their suicide.

Strange Love
04-20-2015, 09:21 PM
That's tough.

I dont know how I would handle that. Hard to know unless you're in that situation. Just roll with the punches I guess.

My condolence to you and your family.

djohn2oo8
04-20-2015, 09:29 PM
Sorry dude

Thanks

Did he write a letter or anything? A couple of people I knew in high school wrote a letter before their suicide.
Not sure. All I know is his sister found him at his house. At this point I just hope it wasn't violent how he went.

That's tough.

I dont know how I would handle that. Hard to know unless you're in that situation. Just roll with the punches I guess.

My condolence to you and your family.

Appreciate it.

HI-FI
04-20-2015, 09:34 PM
Unfortunately yes. My best friend's brother who I was close to as well. At the time it was brutal. Now my memories feel not cold but distant.
plus a suicide in the family that fucked my dad up til the end. Crazy to think how much it affected my life.
I hope to never go that route.

spurraider21
04-20-2015, 10:27 PM
i haven't dealt with a suicide loss, but i've had plenty of family go, and a handful of friends within my age group. my uncle just passed last monday

i've usually been able to handle it decently... typically the hardest part for me is seeing the devastated immediate family. but yeah, i'm sure a suicide is a completely different animal. sorry to hear it

Xevious
04-20-2015, 11:00 PM
I just recently had a cousin commit suicide. The saddest part is that her teenage son found her. That kind of trauma doesn't go away, and it's got to be incredibly confusing. While I probably don't understand the kind of hardships she was going through that brought her to that decision, it breaks my heart just the thought of leaving my kids in that type of hurt.

Thebesteva
04-20-2015, 11:23 PM
Has anyone dealt with suicide of someone close to you? If so how did you get over it? This shit is a haunting feeling.

Sorry about your uncle Djohn, suicide is a very harsh experience for family members. There are a few good books we suggest to people who go through this, I would seriously suggest reading one of these http://www.amazon.com/Grieving-Suicide-Search-Comfort-Answers/dp/0830823182

DMC
04-21-2015, 12:08 AM
I've known people who have committed suicide, but they weren't that close to me. I've dated crazy chicks who pretend to want to, so they promptly get the boot. That emo shit can get the fuck out.

Suicide is a personal choice though, it just sucks when a kid does it because they often think the most insignificant bullshit is the end of the world. Parents often forget what it was like to be that age, how your entire world can be whittled down to self image.